Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

Random aggy related thought.  Was just reading a story about drought conditions in Texas and there were quotes from the "Texas A&M Forest Service".
Please tell me aggy isn't the only entity with responsibilities around Texas wildlife and environment...please. 

It was always the Texas forest service and they ran it, but when the bastrop fires were on the news all the time they became annoyed that they were missing out on so much free publicity, so they changed it.

I guess we should call tbe UIL the university of Texas interscholastic league.

A&M did a similar thing with their press. They used to have a logo designed by Tom Lea that was nice enough, but they changed it, so now I’ve got a couple of aTm logos on my bookshelf. They annoy me, but I don’t turn them upside down or tape over them, because I’m not a retard.

I would also be annoyed if the university of Texas press books had a longhorn on their spine, and I’m glad it press keeps its stylized logo.
  • Hook 'Em 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

21 minutes ago, WBT said:

Yeah, I have similar concerns with signs pointing to a dry summer and the fires we've already seen.  Especially after they set Bastrop State Park on fire again earlier this year.  I hope they have or will bring in some people from the western states that know what they're doing but those people wouldn't be aggy so...

Ummmm, those people in Western states aren't exactly rocket surgeons about their forest fires.  Cali is extraordinarily strict about even doing controlled burns, which exacerbates the undergrowth problem in catastrophic fashion.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

Don't worry, there's still gonna be a banner...

This would be the first thing they could hang in their "Hall of Champions." Of course there is going to be a banner.

They're also not champions of anything, but that's neither here nor there.

1 hour ago, MAUFRAIS said:

That was seriously their justification: that we have the UIL. Of course no one associates the UIL with UT because it isn't the UTIL, and I have never heard a Texas grad who considered UIL something to brag about or even claim, but that has never stopped aggy's tiny dick syndrome.

9 minutes ago, gernblansten said:

November 24, 2011

Not the result we wanted, but still a heck of a run in the late 80s.

Aggy "Men's" Football 

HISTORICAL

games v. Texas

RUNNER UP

Im old enough to remember that.  The paying players and lack of institutional control era?   

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

It was always the Texas forest service and they ran it, but when the bastrop fires were on the news all the time they became annoyed that they were missing out on so much free publicity, so they changed it.

A&M did a similar thing with their press. They used to have a logo designed by Tom Lea that was nice enough, but they changed it, so now I’ve got a couple of aTm logos on my bookshelf. They annoy me, but I don’t turn them upside down or tape over them, because I’m not a retard.

I would also be annoyed if the university of Texas press books had a longhorn on their spine, and I’m glad it press keeps its stylized logo.

Let's call it the Longhorn Interscholastic League.  The resulting freakout would be hilarious.

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I want to think it's meant as a joke, but knowing aggy I don't think it is, and if it is, they it completely lacks self awareness about common knowledge of aggy aggyness.

That's the thing with aggy... Differentiating the jokes from the reality is next to impossible.  They look identical.

1 minute ago, Leanderman said:

Still waiting for the pictures of the rings for the NIT Runners Up to be posted? Finishing 70th in the country is quite an accomplishment for an aggie.

I've got $1 million to donate to the aggy ring fund if one of those idiots would simply explain their "yell leader" tradition to me. They have identified the year with classic aggy precision. If they know the year, how difficult can it be to identify the actual game?

aggy research.jpeg

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Speak it into existence? 1939 is the only time it didn’t exist.

Poor Billy. He, his father, and grandfather never saw and never will see aggy win a football national championship. I would say the same about his kid, but nobody would ever fuck that fat greaseball. 

On 4/1/2022 at 8:07 AM, Dennis Taylor said:

Is it the hall of champions and/or runner up? 

And could the NIT font possibly be any smaller? Fucking 🤡 show

Lol. For real. The “National” is there as part of NIT but they totally want you to think they are National champ runner ups.  You’d need a jeweler’s loupe to read “invitational tournament” in that graphic.

Doesn’t belong in then “Hall of Champions.”  Runner up isn’t champion and #70 (or whatever number) really ain’t champion. 

Edited by Lhorn

4 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

Speak it into existence? 1939 is the only time it didn’t exist.

Poor Billy. He, his father, and grandfather never saw and never will see aggy win a football national championship. I would say the same about his kid, but nobody would ever fuck that fat greaseball. 

Other than Jonny?

• Haha 2

Lmao, i've said it before and i'll say it again, as long as the people who run Texas A&M allow a dipshit clown like Luicci to actually represent their brand(and by represent, i of course mean whore it out to dipshit internet trolls for nice advertising profits), you'll know that they are fucking clueless and nothing to worry about.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Lmao, i've said it before and i'll say it again, as long as the people who run Texas A&M allow a dipshit clown like Luicci to actually represent their brand(and by represent, i of course mean whore it out to dipshit internet trolls for nice advertising profits), you'll know that they are fucking clueless and nothing to worry about.

At A&M, they have no one else who can do any better than Liucci, et al. A&M has never been able to do well in the marketing arena. Mostly, because their culture is so off-putting and bizarre, it offers little for any marketing professional to work with. Add that to their historic lack of achievement, and it becomes evident why the A&M athletics department essentially outsourced its social media marketing to Texags. They had no better option.

On 4/3/2022 at 12:00 AM, Lhorn said:

Lol. For real. The “National” is there as part of NIT but they totally want you to think they are National champ runner ups.  You’d need a jeweler’s loupe to read “invitational tournament” in that graphic.

Doesn’t belong in then “Hall of Champions.”  Runner up isn’t champion and #70 (or whatever number) really ain’t champion. 

It doesn't belong in the "Hall", but when has that ever been something aggy concerned itself with?

In fact, give 'em 20 -25 years and they'll have found a way to stick it on the wall as their first *one of many* Jimbo almost Nattys.