• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

Pure comedy gold. Another one of those who can't imagine the world could actually be a better place if Texas A&M had prioritized education over cultural indoctrination years ago. "Moral fiber." "aggy medicine." lol. Meanwhile, The Rudder Association members are secreting in the shadows demanding A&M impose upon the students the belief that "them is outbreeding us."

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

"Red necks TF? You mean the ones that produce the food you couldn't do yourself? Those rednecks? The ones that still open doors, say mam, and think of their neighbor as much as their self. Your degradation of the quality of people that set you up to have a good university is disgusting. Think you just answered why the university isn't what she used to be. Thanks for cleaning that up.

Being from a rural background doesn't make you a redneck. Many well behaved good country men and women have come through A&M and changed our path of food, fiber, and medicine. Our quality of life would be far lower today had we not had so many red necks come through here. . How can you be so blind? It isn't where you were raised or the clothes you wear that made A&M great it was the moral fiber and work ethic. Now you want to throw shade on those that tend to have that in spades. Change you say? Not all change was good.

In no way is this throwing shade at Urban folks as many are great as well but to say that keeping red necks out or lower numbers is a good thing is letting A&M become another sip ville. From this point forward your opinion means little to me. Rednecks?" https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3296104/last

tip1.jpg

Edited by Randolph Duke

8 hours ago, Chopper said:

TAMU is the championship school for obsessive cancel culture, Karen-ing, racism and sexism. But they do have those sweet, sweet class rings.

I once heard a couple of guys who did the Blinndergarten thing before getting asked to leave aggy have a protracted discussion about all the terminology and dumbassery (they liked it, though) of Corps-speak and turditions. They were yukking it up that "dem aggy class rangs is duh most recognizable class rangs in Uhmuricuh. Maybe West Point is close. Hyuk. Yuk. Yuk."

Uh, morons, no one else really cares about high school shit. Now, go scoot your boots and get the fuck outta my space.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, US183 said:
  • You know, if I'm going to do the Horns Down, I'm going to do the Horns Down," he said. "I don't think anybody's going to stop me from doing it."

This HORNS DOWN shit Is making us look like pussies. I think TEXAS should embrace the “HORNS DOWN” as a sign of “TEXAS FIGHT” . When a bull is about to kick some ass, it puts its HORNS DOWN. We take control of HORNS DOWN and all of this BS fades away. 

Like this?

PeriodicHandsomeDegu-max-1mb.gif

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, US183 said:
  • You know, if I'm going to do the Horns Down, I'm going to do the Horns Down," he said. "I don't think anybody's going to stop me from doing it."

This HORNS DOWN shit Is making us look like pussies. I think TEXAS should embrace the “HORNS DOWN” as a sign of “TEXAS FIGHT” . When a bull is about to kick some ass, it puts its HORNS DOWN. We take control of HORNS DOWN and all of this BS fades away. 

I don't know of anyone who has any reaction to "horns down" other than to laugh.

To me, it's a sign of mental infirmity on par with "tu" and "whorns."

7 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I love the horns down. Bring it on bitches.

What starts here changes the world.

Every damned day, every damned game, every damned team, every damned sport.

Keep UT Austin at the top of your thoughts, bitches.

No other school comes close to approaching the stranglehold UT Austin has on college athletics.

We can handle the spotlight. Just keep showing us you can't quit thinking of us.

Now, on to Omaha. Show us you are thinking of us.

You cannot get away. 

bevo.jpg

22 hours ago, Mittens said:

We are never going to be respected in the SEC

If not getting respect is a chronic problem, perhaps one should look within. Maybe give self-wareness a try.

Maybe, just maybe, you're not what you think you are and should work to improve to earn respect.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I like opponents doing horns down. If we're playing the team or fans doing horns down, it should piss off our players and motivate them in the game. If some fans or players are doing horns down in a non-UT game or non-game setting, it shows we're in their minds constantly and they don't care about their current opponent or situation.

• Hook 'Em 2

27 minutes ago, Randolph Duke said:

One of my favorite aggy factoids - The annual operating budget of The University of Texas at Austin, which has 37,200 undergrads is $3.6 billion.

That is more than The University of Oklahoma (18,600 undergrads/$1.14 billion) and Texas A&M (49,400 undergrads/ $2.1 billion) combined.

As someone who just graduated twins from the University of Texas at Austin, facts like this prevent me from ever complaining about the price of sending 2 kids there at the same time.  

• Hook 'Em 6

22 minutes ago, n64ra said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I like opponents doing horns down. If we're playing the team or fans doing horns down, it should piss off our players and motivate them in the game. If some fans or players are doing horns down in a non-UT game or non-game setting, it shows we're in their minds constantly and they don't care about their current opponent or situation.

Well, that and dumbass okies don't have their own hand-sign.

• Hook 'Em 1

27 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Well, that and dumbass okies don't have their own hand-sign.

True, but every time I go to work on Tulsa / OKC, I will see at least one upside down licensed UT sticker on a vehicle.  It always brings a little chuckle. So that really may be their hand sign. 

43 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

As someone who just graduated twins from the University of Texas at Austin, facts like this prevent me from ever complaining about the price of sending 2 kids there at the same time.  

Through various funding channels, taxpayers contribute $53,000 per student each year to educate the students attending UT Austin. For A&M, that number is $22,000 per student.

Add in the $10k tuition per student, UT is funded at a level of $63,000 per student. Full rate tuition to attend Rice is $69.5k/yr. UT Austin and Rice are essentially funded at the same level.

And then there's A&M. Texas' "value university."

walmart value.png

• Haha 1

Who said it, and what school was he talking about?

When you really look, what exactly I said, I was talking about if you don't go to class at these big schools that have 60,000, 40,000 students, OK, you can take online classes. We can't. The majority of our kids cannot take online classes here because it's a smaller school and you're forced to have in-class attendance. That's what I wanted to get cleared up."

The answer: https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34096537/marcus-freeman-walks-back-comments-comparing-academics-notre-dame-ohio-state-says-never-disrespect-ohio-state

Edited by Randolph Duke

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

Through various funding channels, taxpayers contribute $53,000 per student each year to educate the students attending UT Austin. For A&M, that number is $22,000 per student.

Add in the $10k tuition per student, UT is funded at a level of $63,000 per student. Full rate tuition to attend Rice is $69.5k/yr. UT Austin and Rice are essentially funded at the same level.

And then there's A&M. Texas' "value university."

walmart value.png

To you Mr. Duke, the rest of Surly, and the citizens of the great state of Texas, thanks for helping me fund the education of my twins.

1 hour ago, Zone Read said:

To you Mr. Duke, the rest of Surly, and the citizens of the great state of Texas, thanks for helping me fund the education of my twins.

These twins...do they happen to be of the female variety?  As a new poster,  you may not have had the rules explained to you properly...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

These twins...do they happen to be of the female variety?  As a new poster,  you may not have had the rules explained to you properly...

LOL, I am far from a new poster.  I date back to the mid 90s on Hornfans and Longhorn fan zone, just rarely post.  I knew that was coming and I do know the rules..  They are of the male variety.  And both have girlfriends you definitely would want pictures of.

11 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

LOL, I am far from a new poster.  I date back to the mid 90s on Hornfans and Longhorn fan zone, just rarely post.  I knew that was coming and I do know the rules..  They are of the male variety.  And both have girlfriends you definitely would want pictures of.

I don’t believe you.  Carl told me we have no thots in Austin anymore.

15 minutes ago, Zone Read said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Yea it’s over in the baseball board. But here is good as well.

As for the jimbo hat. Doesn’t everybody in bama own a NICK hat and everybody in Ohio own a RYAN hat? Dafuq is wrong with y’all?

26 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

I didn't realize this was aggy.

Thought it was a Sooner fan. This is one of the most pathetic things I've seen. He really showed up to the women's college world series to do Horns down when his team wasn't even playing? 

2 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Thought it was a Sooner fan. This is one of the most pathetic things I've seen. He really showed up to the women's college world series to do Horns down when his team wasn't even playing? 

Yes, yes he did.

There's also a thread about it on Daily Texan.  

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I thought the funniest part was apparently he made a Facebook post that said "I regret nothing". Like, you *sure*? You just went from a decade of performing national anthems at NCAA sanctioned events to likely never doing one again...

• Haha 2