• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

6 hours ago, SarksJuggs said:

I can imagine how annoyed SEC officials are with those whiny bitches. I would kill to see a reality where they just get booted from the conference.

Dear UT and OU, 

If we dump A&M, would you let Texas Tech tag along with you next year?

Sincerely, 

SEC! SEC! SEC!

• Hook 'Em 5

14 hours ago, T-shirt Sip said:

Don't know if this has been posted but they are such a weird bunch of mouth breathers.

https://theeagle.com/sports/college/aggiesports/baseball/super-regional-notebook-fan-behind-home-plate-captures-attention-with-hand-gesture/article_c11ec05a-e9d2-11ec-af3f-fb978c275e6a.html

Reveal hidden contents

Chris Lee said he has been doing his “bourbon voodoo hex” at Texas A&M baseball games since he was a student in the 1990s. He’s continued to try and mess with opposing pitchers by waving his hand over his fist, sitting behind home plate since Blue Bell Park was renovated in 2012.

The hand gesture was finally noticed by others during Friday night’s College Station Super Regional game between A&M and Louisville. ESPN showed a close up of Lee during the game and a clip went viral on social media. At Saturday’s game between the Aggies and Cardinals, other fans at Blue Bell Park joined in.

In the seventh inning, Lee looked on at Louisville reliever Ryan Hawks and did the motion before Dylan Rock’s go-ahead sacrifice fly in A&M’s 4-3 win over the Cardinals that put the Aggies back in the College World Series for the first time since 2017.

“Somehow or another, it’s caught on,” Lee said. “I really, I don’t know what to say. If it helps me or them or whatever, then great. It’s just me being passionate about Aggie baseball. I just happened to be on TV. When I was a student, I used to do it up in [section] 203. Now I’m a knucklehead with a rank and now I’m on TV.”

Might bother him if they were doing…

02A981CE-19F1-43FA-A748-856BA0A60A81.gif

4 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Why didn’t Bjork and Aggy Lady President just call Sankey to bitch and moan about Saban? Putting it in writing exposes them to any reporter with a computer. 

Because aggy

10 minutes ago, EastTexan said:

Two big brothers. aggy gonna be crying to mama sec for ever.

Part of the sickness that infects aggy culture is the constant need for validation from others. They desperately need to believe they are "just as good" as others.

This in itself holds aggys back from their potential. The "Jimbo temper tantrum" about what Saban said is not even the most recent example of this defect.

The people of Texas deserve better than Texas A&M.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Don't forget the Gooners.  aggy's their bitch, too. 

I have a feeling that the Gooners are headed for an extended period of mediocrity under Venables and whoever replaces him. It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see aggy drum them the first couple of times they meet. 

I just got asked about college athletics financials. For any school receiving federal funding (including private institutions) annual financials can be found on the Dept of Education website. https://ope.ed.gov/athletics/#/

A much more detailed report is submitted by each NCAA member institution, but those are no in an easily accessible database. I have some of those reports for the years 2016-2020. The reports I have are for most of the largest 40 public university programs.

Fucking awesome.

It has been a while since Texas was firing on all cylinders, but it feels like things are starting to move in a generally positive direction.

No brand in college athletics is bigger than Texas. The "horns down" craze that is sweeping college athletics is about to give UT a presence across all college sports that is going to astound even most of us.

horns down cancel anthem.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I've been a UT fan since 1982.  I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.

In that entire time, even when FedEx was dominating the SWC and A&M benefited the most, I have never, EVER, seen their culture shift even a mild amount away from that weird-ass obsessive over-compensating norm.  It's like death, taxes, an eastern sunrise and a western sunset. 

They are just colossally fucked in the head, and they're PROUD OF IT.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

I've been a UT fan since 1982.  I wasn't born in Texas, but I got here as fast as I could.
In that entire time, even when FedEx was dominating the SWC and A&M benefited the most, I have never, EVER, seen their culture shift even a mild amount away from that weird-ass obsessive over-compensating norm.  It's like death, taxes, an eastern sunrise and a western sunset. 
They are just colossally fucked in the head, and they're PROUD OF IT.

This is true. Same with ou. They absolutely know they are cheating dirtbags and are proud of it. They wear it as a badge of honor.

aggys consider the idea heresy, but the best thing for the school and for the people of Texas would be for a Constitutional amendment to end A&M's legal status as a branch of UT. The aggy insistence they are "just like UT" is holding them back in a way few of them realize.

A&M simply doesn't have the financial resources to try to be "just like UT." That will never change. UT receives twice the level of state funding as A&M. UT receives four times the amount of federal funding. UT spends 50% more than A&M on instruction, research, and academic support. A&M's student/ faculty ration is up to 25:1. That is higher than U of H or Texas Tech. One in six graduates from UT did their first two years at a community college. At A&M, that figure is one in three.  Almost 80% of UT students were in the top 10% of their high school class. At A&M that figure is barely 50%. If it were possible to deliver a high quality education on the resources allocated to A&M, more institutions would be executing the A&M model.

People look at UT Austin differently because they realize UT Austin is not anything like Texas A&M. Not the institution, not the faculty, not the students and not the alumni.

What is most telling is that everyone has pretty much figured this out, save and except for the aggys.

A&M UT 2021 comp.jpeg

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Fucking awesome.

It has been a while since Texas was firing on all cylinders, but it feels like things are starting to move in a generally positive direction.

No brand in college athletics is bigger than Texas. The "horns down" craze that is sweeping college athletics is about to give UT a presence across all college sports that is going to astound even most of us.

Fuck around and find out, right? Dumb fucker.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/34091716/national-anthem-singer-college-world-series-performance-canceled-horns-gesture

A national anthem singer says his performance at the Men's College World Series has been canceled because he made the Horns Down gesture before a Women's College World Series semifinal between Texas and Oklahoma State.

Zach Collier, a 27-year-old U.S. history teacher in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and a Texas A&M alumnus, posted this week on Facebook that his performance was nixed.

Collier also posted screenshots of emails purportedly from the College World Series of Omaha, Inc., which said it was contacted by the NCAA because "we have documented proof that he made offensive gestures and mockery of a participating team ... and we do not feel comfortable allowing him to perform."

Collier told ESPN on Tuesday that he's been singing the anthem at sporting events for the past 10 years, including at several Texas A&M sporting events when he still lived in College Station, along with Houston Astros and Texas Rangers games. He said he understood why someone might take offense to the gesture during an anthem performance.

"I'm a neutral party and showing my support or lack of support for a certain team after the anthem, I can see how somebody could be upset with that," Collier said. "But the reason I posted wasn't because I was upset that they said, 'Hey, you shouldn't have done that.' It was because they called the Horns Down an offensive gesture. They said I mocked the other team. Those words specifically, are why I posted about it. Saying that I'm making a mockery of a participating team because I put a Horns Down is ridiculous."

EDITOR'S PICKS

The petty, wonderful and delightfully weird rise of Horns Down

2yDave Wilson

Men's College World Series: The field of eight is set

5hESPN

How Jocelyn Alo and Oklahoma softball cement themselves as the GOATs

5dAlex Scarborough

An NCAA spokesperson confirmed Tuesday that Collier's appearance was canceled after the incident.

"The performance of the national anthem during NCAA championship events is a solemn moment for reflection and mutual respect for all championship participants and fans in attendance," the NCAA said in a statement. "Following his national anthem performance during the Women's College World Series -- during which the performer inappropriately supported one participating team, taunted the other team, and disrupted participating student-athletes and coaches by attempting to interact with them -- he was asked not to perform during the Men's College World Series."

Collier said the extent of his interaction with any of the players was saying hello to an Oklahoma State player standing next to him at home plate, speaking for a mutual friend, and that the player said hello in return. He did say a Texas assistant mentioned to "keep those Horns up," but that he laughed and walked off afterward.

Collier said he is still surprised by the reaction and said he considers the gesture just part of the array of hand signs for Texas schools like A&M, Texas or Texas Tech. As a result, he said his issue was that the NCAA considered the Horns Down offensive.

"Absolutely not," he said. "I believe it's part of the rivalry. It's part of college sports. I don't believe the Horns Down is any more offensive than a Gig 'Em or a Hook 'Em or a Wreck 'Em."

Collier, whose wife is a TCU graduate, performed the national anthem at the NCAA baseball super regionals in College Station twice, once for a TCU-Louisiana game, during which he was decked out in TCU gear to support his wife's team. He said he also sang the anthem before Texas A&M's game against TCU, during which he changed into all Aggies attire. He said he heard a few questions from the TCU dugout about his flip-flopping when he walked by, but that it was all in fun, especially since TCU eliminated Texas A&M from the postseason the previous three times they met.

"I said, 'Yeah, but I'm an Aggie," he said. "And I wanted to be the ones to kick y'all out of the tournament."

In Oklahoma City, Collier said he felt it was more of the same environment.

"I'm an Aggie; Texas was playing," Collier said. "I was going to give them a 'Go Pokes' and then a Horns Down after the anthem. And that's exactly what I did. And three hours after I sang the anthem, I got an email saying that I wasn't scheduled to sing for the Men's College World Series anymore.

"I responded saying, 'What unsportsmanlike behavior are you referring to?'" he said.

The contact at the CWS responded with the NCAA's comment and a picture of him on the field making the gesture.

Collier admitted he's disappointed to miss his chance to sing before Game 9 in Omaha, his scheduled spot that he landed after an audition process where he made the cut from what he was told were more than 100 applications from 17 states. But he added he has no regrets despite missing out on the Aggies making their first trip to Omaha since 2017.

"You know, if I'm going to do the Horns Down, I'm going to do the Horns Down," he said. "I don't think anybody's going to stop me from doing it."

3 hours ago, Randolph Duke said:

Fucking awesome.

If your biggest rival has a mutual biggest rival and it’s not you, that makes you the little brother.  

OU can horns down all day long and it warms my heart.  Aggy can get fucked

We can argue all day on this site about whether or not anyone should be offended by the horns-down, but it's completely self-evident that the sole purpose of the gesture is to be a taunt and a mockery.  Why on earth is this dumbass aggy disputing that part?  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, utee94 said:

We can argue all day on this site about whether or not anyone should be offended by the horns-down, but it's completely self-evident that the sole purpose of the gesture is to be a taunt and a mockery.  Why on earth is this dumbass aggy disputing that part?  

My favorite are the dumbfucks who think it should be allowed by opposing players during games. Complete ignorance of the NCAA Rule Book, at least football's version. I doubt many give a shit what fans do in the stands. I sure as hell don't. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Because he's aggy

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

• You know, if I'm going to do the Horns Down, I'm going to do the Horns Down," he said. "I don't think anybody's going to stop me from doing it."

This HORNS DOWN shit Is making us look like pussies. I think TEXAS should embrace the “HORNS DOWN” as a sign of “TEXAS FIGHT” . When a bull is about to kick some ass, it puts its HORNS DOWN. We take control of HORNS DOWN and all of this BS fades away. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, US183 said:
  • You know, if I'm going to do the Horns Down, I'm going to do the Horns Down," he said. "I don't think anybody's going to stop me from doing it."

This HORNS DOWN shit Is making us look like pussies. I think TEXAS should embrace the “HORNS DOWN” as a sign of “TEXAS FIGHT” . When a bull is about to kick some ass, it puts its HORNS DOWN. We take control of HORNS DOWN and all of this BS fades away. 

Texas didn't do or request anything with respect to this horns-down incident.  It's not making anyone look like a pussy.  If you feel insecure about it, that's entirely on you.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3