Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

44 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

So I as I type this I am sitting in a La Quinta in Terrell eating breakfast and staring out the window at a Bucees across the parking lot that looks like it’s the size of a Walmart.

Went in there last night to get some Gatorade. Holy fucking shit when did this monstrosity become a thing? I haven’t really been outside the Austin, Houston, Dallas metro areas since I moved out of state 22 years ago.

Get the pina colada almonds. Thank me later.

It's not for the faint of heart. For those that can't afford to fly, Bucee's is a destination. 

• Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

11 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

I will take you up on your challenge.

Unfortunately there is no commercial airport I’m aware of in Emory, which is where the wedding I’m attending is being held. At 2pm. On a Sunday.

The pina colada almonds are the most addictive thing since crack. 

Their chipotle pimento cheese is awesome, and I don't even like pimento cheese. 

Pretty decent frozen meat selection believe it or not. Their stuffed pork loin is solid. I need to try some of the stuffed chickens.

A lot of jerky flavors, but it's really low quality beef. You could go to a gas station in any Czech/German/Polish town in Texas and get much better jerky. 

2 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

No, just fuck aggy, I don't give a shit what their pay and benefits are.

Seriously. I've never spent a dime at a Buccee's because they immediately seemed like aggy central. Now that I know they're aggy owned, yeah, fuck those putos.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, royiv said:

How very aggy of you.

Do you also not drive on state highways since TXDOT is run by aggy?

Look, only an aggy would fail to understand that sometimes a person doesn't have a choice,  you know like roadways...or do you fail to understand that?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

On 6/3/2022 at 4:00 AM, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Who really cares where the first game is played.

here’s my guess of what happened. A&M attempted to stay out of a pod with OU and UT and the rest of the SEC told them to shut up. A&M countered asking if the first game could at Kyle. And the others were dumbfounded that would matter so they gave A&M their major “victory” and then A&M brags about it.

We last played aggy and pig at their places.  Obviously they’ll split those up so we have one at home each year, which means we’ll be playing either aggy or pig away even though the last matchups were also away.  Simple logistics make this obvious that this would happen.  Very aggy to pretend to have a “win” and waste any political capital they had in the conference on a near worthless gesture that they had a 50/50 shot of getting anyways.

1 hour ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Look, only an aggy would fail to understand that sometimes a person doesn't have a choice,  you know like roadways...or do you fail to understand that?

No dumbass, I just think it's an incredibly dumb hill to die on to boycott a business that by all accounts takes great care of its employees whether or not they have some affiliation with A&M. Given the choice on the side of a highway, I will always pick Buc-ees over some big national chain that treats its employees like shit. Texas owned, good employer > national chain, shit employer. Like I said earlier, your take on this is very aggy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, royiv said:

No dumbass, I just think it's an incredibly dumb hill to die on to boycott a business that by all accounts takes great care of its employees whether or not they have some affiliation with A&M. Given the choice on the side of a highway, I will always pick Buc-ees over some big national chain that treats its employees like shit. Texas owned, good employer > national chain, shit employer. Like I said earlier, your take on this is very aggy.

Aw quit getting your maroon panties in a bunch. People have freedom of choice when it comes to which businesses they want to patronize. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, royiv said:

How much "NIL" money have they donated to aggy? I wouldn't want to add to their buying players. 

Oh, that's right, aggy isn't forthcoming about that. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 2

Get the pina colada almonds. Thank me later.
It's not for the faint of heart. For those that can't afford to fly, Bucee's is a destination. 

A buddy of mine from Florida came to Texas for a work visit. His wife made a point of going by a Buccees before they went back for the airport.

I like the cinnamon pecans.

12 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

If anyone has a non-ag alternative on Texas highways that is of similar or superior quality, I'm listening.

I’d patronize any roadside stop that maintains clean restrooms. That’s why we utilize Bucee’s.

I don’t care who owns it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

51 minutes ago, Deej said:

How much "NIL" money have they donated to aggy? I wouldn't want to add to their buying players. 

Oh, that's right, aggy isn't forthcoming about that. 

You mean to tell me you don't want to inadvertently donate to aggy via aggy boosters? My, good sir... how aggy of you!

16 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

I’d patronize any roadside stop that maintains clean restrooms. That’s why we utilize Bucee’s.

I don’t care who owns it.

Ain't nan one of us have a problem with yourself or Mrs. Brat setting that place as y'all number 1 destination to defecate and piss on... 

9 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

You mean to tell me you don't want to inadvertently donate to aggy via aggy boosters? My, good sir... how aggy of you

aggy actually pays us to buy Longhorn stickers to cut the horns off. I wouldn't say I'm being aggy. Go fuck yourself. 

Giant bathrooms that are sparkling clean, no entry/exit doors, I can waltz in and piss without touching anything but my junk/soap/sink water/paper towels . . . travel gold.

Let's not overcomplicate this.  Most every company in the world is run by someone I'd probably despise for one reason or another.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Too much tourist junk/crap.

Their chopped brisket sandwich is edible though. They have that going for them besides the clean restrooms.

The gas is cheap (relatively) and the sliced barbecue turkey sandwich is good.  It’s a must stop for my wife because it’s not a cramped, scary place, always has clean restrooms, and has tourist junk/crap gifts.

1 hour ago, Harrison Stafford said:

The gas is cheap (relatively) and the sliced barbecue turkey sandwich is good.  It’s a must stop for my wife because it’s not a cramped, scary place, always has clean restrooms, and has tourist junk/crap gifts.

Chics love Bucees for the boutique like stuff they have.    If it earns me some points for later in the day, I will stop at everyone between our start point and destination.   Lol

3 hours ago, royiv said:

Cool.  Your financing of 12th man athletics is noted. 

7 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Cool.  Your financing of 12th man athletics is noted. 

Meh. I don't think the $0.10/gal they're making off my roadside fill-up 5 or 6 times a year is paying for a new practice facility. Or maybe it is considering their engineering prowess.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Giant bathrooms that are sparkling clean, no entry/exit doors, I can waltz in and piss without touching anything but my junk/soap/sink water/paper towels . . . travel gold.

Let's not overcomplicate this.  Most every company in the world is run by someone I'd probably despise for one reason or another.

A reliably clean place to take a dump on a roadtrip outweighs any reservations I may have about aggy ownership. If I don't have to take a dump, I can take em or leave em. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Bucees is properly rated. A bunch of people overrate it. A bunch of people hate on it for no reason. Everything they sell is cheap, the bathroom situation can't be beat, and they offer better grab-n-go food options than most other gas stations or travel stops. 

• Hook 'Em 2

It's not always an option when travelling but I'm telling you the cleanest bathrooms are always in the county courthouses, I spend a lot of time in BFE and promise you, I'd rather take a dump in the parking lot of most convenience stores instead of their restrooms (looking at you Allsup's). But the courthouses always keep their restrooms clean. 

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

It's not always an option when travelling but I'm telling you the cleanest bathrooms are always in the county courthouses, I spend a lot of time in BFE and promise you, I'd rather take a dump in the parking lot of most convenience stores instead of their restrooms (looking at you Allsup's). But the courthouses always keep their restrooms clean. 

user name checks out

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Buc-ee's is fantastic, aggy notwithstanding.

Nobody sits down at Buc-ees, unless it’s in the 500 bathrooms….cause there are no places to sit.  They want you to get your shit and leave…eat in your car/wherever…..aggy used to standing up.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 6/2/2022 at 6:44 PM, Dewey said:

Would love to see the list of demands gomer made when hearing Texas was joining the SEC. 

Their stampy-footy over us joining before knuckling under and being forced to vote for our admission was just a skirmish. No big deal. Now, where the first game is played between Texas and A&M:

“That’s something that’s important to us,” Bjork said to Brent Zwerneman at the Houston Chronicle about the scheduling process. 

Aggie gonna use that swagger and weight they have this time. Lookout SEC!

9 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Kid is a pathological liar. But it's what makes him perfect to be an aggy.

He was at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine on Friday for some women's leadership summit thing. One of my wife's friends was out there getting set up for another conference that started today and wondered what the crowd was for. She walked down the line and saw this dipshit there. They were waiting to hear him or see him or something.

The best thing about Buc-ees is that they have completely changed the roadside industry in Texas. All the other places have had to up their game. Most places along the same roads as Buc-ees have significantly upped their crapper games in response. 
In addition to the draw of the clean bathrooms, I’ll stop at a Buc-ees periodically for a snack refill. The wasabi peas, honey roasted cashews, and creamy pralines keep me motoring down the road. 
Any sort of holiday weekend is out, though. You can’t even get into the parking lots of the Madisonville or Ennis stores on holiday weekends. 

• Hook 'Em 2