• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, nnm said:

The best thing about Buc-ees is that they have completely changed the roadside industry in Texas. All the other places have had to up their game. Most places along the same roads as Buc-ees have significantly upped their crapper games in response. 
In addition to the draw of the clean bathrooms, I’ll stop at a Buc-ees periodically for a snack refill. The wasabi peas, honey roasted cashews, and creamy pralines keep me motoring down the road. 
Any sort of holiday weekend is out, though. You can’t even get into the parking lots of the Madisonville or Ennis stores on holiday weekends. 

Thank God they've built more around the DFW area(Terrell, Melissa, Denton, Royse City). It takes me at least 30 minutes to stop at Buc-ees because of everything there is to choose from. I definitely grab a couple brisket sandwiches and then hit the kiosk for beef jerky. 

5 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

God dammit TCU, y'all had one job.... aggy scored 7 runs in the 9th inning... 

TCU’s Achilles heel all season was pitching. They just didn’t have the arms to come out of the losers bracket. Which is a damn shame. They’ve beat aggy in CS before, and it would’ve been sweet to do it again. 

Edited by nnm

News update - In stark contrast to aggy's "intentional design," the 12-story Rudder Tower on the campus of Texas A&M's is not the same height as the cliffs of Pointe Du Hoc in Normandy.

The height of Point du Hoc is still 94 feet. https://en-us.topographic-map.com/maps/d3qn/Pointe-du-Hoc/

The height of Rudder Tower is still 144 feet.

aggys are still bad at math.

aggy rudder tower 110 feet.jpeg

Rudder tower 144 ft.jpeg

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Randolph Duke said:

News update - In stark contrast to aggy's "intentional design," the 12-story Rudder Tower on the campus of Texas A&M's is not the same height as the cliffs of Pointe Du Hoc in Normandy.

The height of Point du Hoc is still 94 feet. https://en-us.topographic-map.com/maps/d3qn/Pointe-du-Hoc/

The height of Rudder Tower is still 144 feet.

aggys are still bad at math.

aggy rudder tower 110 feet.jpeg

Rudder tower 144 ft.jpeg

Freaking fake and stolen valor. Rage-inducing. 

Blue Bell can/has feasibly fixed their listeria problem.

Blue still intentionally uses high fructose corn syrup as a cost savings measure, while Creamy Creations uses cane sugar.

If you do a legit blind taste test between the two, I suspect Creamy Creations wins and there is less chance you will die.

I agree with whomever said the worst part of Buccee's is the people shopping there. I think it is also impossible to walk out of that store without dropping at least $50. There's damn near that much just between the jerky counter and the fudge table.

• Hook 'Em 2

21 hours ago, tbone_ said:

I will take you up on your challenge.

Unfortunately there is no commercial airport I’m aware of in Emory, which is where the wedding I’m attending is being held. At 2pm. On a Sunday.

Buccee's is "boutique Walmart".  It's by and large the same Walmart crowd when they decide to splurge.  The stores have some good road trip foods but, JFC, the customers are...scary. 

• Hook 'Em 4

CSB/

We've gone through the entire Buc-cee's lifecycle over the last 10 years. The Mrs. raved about the original one for years after taking kids to Houston. We have moved from the "must stop" and dropping $50 every trip to avoiding at all costs for all the reasons noted ... I no longer have patience to navigate the hundreds of people wandering aimlessly and not paying attention to anything or anyone. Still an impressive operations - clean, efficient ... shocking an aggy runs it.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Buccee's is "boutique Walmart".  It's by and large the same Walmart crowd when they decide to splurge.  The stores have some good road trip foods but, JFC, the customers are...scary. 

Buccee's is nothing but obese hicks loading up on salt and fat. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Being the anniversary of the D-Day landings in 1944, attached is a 65 page detailed analysis produced by the Historical Division of the War Department in 1946. It goes into extensive detail of the 2nd Ranger Battalion at Pointe du Hoc on June 6, 1944. A very interesting read which (shockingly) differs in many material ways from what is taught at aggy fish camp.

Additionally, here is a snippet of Frank Denius' story over at The Veteran's Project that refers to how D-Day went for him. Denius landed on Omaha Beach on D-Day with the 29th ID.  For those who don't know, the 29th ID landed on the west end of Omaha Beach, right next to Pointe du Hoc and was the unit that broke through to rescue Rudder and the 2nd Rangers on top of Pointe du Hoc.

We were in reserve for the landing on Omaha Beach.  The 29th and 1st Infantry Divisions were the lead divisions that assaulted Omaha.  The 29th ID’s artillery was lost in the channel and my battalion was rushed in late on the 6th and early morning of the 7th of June to replace and help the 29th division’s 115th Regiment.  For the first six days, my unit supported the 29th Division.  By that time all of the 30th Infantry Division had landed at Normandy.   From there, we fiercely fought our way inland from Omaha Beach area through the hedgerows.  I don’t know if you’ve ever seen hedgerows but they’re about 75 to 100 yards square and bound on each side with a row of hedges that were anywhere from 8, to 10, to 12 feet tall.  The reason for that is that there were apple orchards there and Normandy is a big dairy farming area as well.  

From there, we fought our way maybe two or three hedgerows a day and then we finally came to the battle of St. Jean de Daye and that’s where my commanding officer I was supporting was killed in action.  The battles in the hedgerows were vicious.  I was able to take my commanding officer's place and was able to bring down artillery fire that wiped out the Germans in that area so we could advance.  That’s when I was awarded my first Silver Star.  Then from there, we were making very slow progress in the hedgerow country.  Eisenhower and General Bradley were trying to think about how they could breakout from Normandy and so they devised the plan for St. Lô carpet bombing.   3500 planes would fly over and essentially just drag the area with bombing runs.  At St. Lô we pulled back about half a mile depending on the terrain and the 24th of July the bombers came over and dropped some of their bombs short and killed 800 and wounded about 800 of my 30th ID brothers.  

I was supporting that regiment with artillery fire at the time.  I was actually in the field with General Leslie McNair (Commanding Army General of ground forces in Europe) who was killed there.  I was about fifty yards away from him when he was killed in his foxhole.  

https://www.thevetsproject.com/the-blog/2017/6/29/ssg-frank-denius-army-wwii-veteran

D-day ranger doc.pdf

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 5

40 minutes ago, CTC2 said:

Literally there is no redeeming value to Buc-ee’s except clean restrooms. Overpriced crap made in China, low quality food, and every possible snack that will make you fat or give you the diabetes. 

You had me til the end. Low quality food and snacks that make you fat and give you diabeetus is the entire point. It tastes good like most things that have little or no nutritional value. The jerky and cured meat department is badass. Otherwise, I have no interest whatsoever in the rest of the crap they sell there, or to be a walking billboard for them since it seems like 90% of their merchandise is just cheap crap with that stupid beaver plastered all over.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, 'stache said:

You had me til the end. Low quality food and snacks that make you fat and give you diabeetus is the entire point. It tastes good like most things that have little or no nutritional value. The jerky and cured meat department is badass. Otherwise, I have no interest whatsoever in the rest of the crap they sell there, or to be a walking billboard for them since it seems like 90% of their merchandise is just cheap crap with that stupid beaver plastered all over.

Easy there my friend. You find one good spot that is better than Love’s Travel Stops and you give them credit?

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

Literally there is no redeeming value to Buc-ee’s except clean restrooms. Overpriced crap made in China, low quality food, and every possible snack that will make you fat or give you the diabetes. 

Beer and ice is cheap as shit. 

1 hour ago, CTC2 said:

their windshield wash station is 2nd to none

Edited by tx 3 putt

41 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Lol, fuck you, you dumb ass mother fucker. Aggy is expanding to like 100 million students and you still have to Blinn? What a stupid fat pasty piece of shit.

well...out of state? check. GED? check.

honestly, this is maybe the most Aggy way this story could go. He can't get into A&M out of HS, so he starts out at Blinn for 2 years before getting his guaranteed admission to A&M.

On 6/5/2022 at 2:38 PM, royiv said:

No dumbass, I just think it's an incredibly dumb hill to die on to boycott a business that by all accounts takes great care of its employees whether or not they have some affiliation with A&M. Given the choice on the side of a highway, I will always pick Buc-ees over some big national chain that treats its employees like shit. Texas owned, good employer > national chain, shit employer. Like I said earlier, your take on this is very aggy.

This is much less incredibly dumb hill to die on.

Edited by Beau Vine

2 hours ago, NoName said:

well...out of state? check. GED? check.

honestly, this is maybe the most Aggy way this story could go. He can't get into A&M out of HS, so he starts out at Blinn for 2 years before getting his guaranteed admission to A&M.

I’ll bet he doesn’t have his ged