Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

39 minutes ago, utee94 said:

Well, he said the ags bought every player, because they did.  It is probably also true, as others have speculated, that his comments were actually aimed at his own boosters, to let them know they need to step up their bag and/or NIL game.  

But to your final point, yeah, eff 'em both.

He said they bought every player with NIL money, which would be legal. Jimbo is the moron who took the bait and ran out screaming, "We didn't cheat!!!", like someone who has been cheating. 

At one point, a reporter interjected, pointing out to Saban that he had said A&M had "bought every player."

"I didn't say anybody did anything wrong," Saban reiterated.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34014555/alabama-football-coach-nick-saban-laments-singling-schools-nil-debate-defends-comments

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

13 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Wrong. You and every other single person in college sports keeps getting this wrong 

NIL money for enrolled player - legal 

NIL money for recruited player - illegal 

I know it's wrong. I'm saying Saban didn't stand up and say they cheated. He said they paid for them with NIL. Unfortunately, there is no governing body to enforce that shit, so as long as you say it was NIL, everyone is just gonna look the other way and it will seem legal in the eyes of most fans. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Deej said:

I know it's wrong. I'm saying Saban didn't stand up and say they cheated. He said they paid for them with NIL. Unfortunately, there is no governing body to enforce that shit, so as long as you say it was NIL, everyone is just gonna look the other way and it will seem legal in the eyes of most fans. 

That true. There are no rules without enforcement 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Deej said:

There are college coaches that started at the high school level. aggy should schedule a high school team every year. 

Think they might have scheduled series with A&M Consolidated and/or Bryan High coming up in a couple of years.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

12 men make a Dirty Dozen. Typical gomers in other words. You younger folks may want to watch that movie, an all time classic. Also considered by many to be the most violent western of all time. 

Wasn't the Dirty Dozen a WW2 movie? Are you talking about the Wild Bunch?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Leanderman said:

12 men make a Dirty Dozen. Typical gomers in other words. You younger folks may want to watch that movie, an all time classic. Also considered by many to be the most violent western of all time. 

Uh….The Dirty Dozen is a war movie…but still, a great flick!

• Like 1

It took "real engineers" one year to do what aggy couldn't do in 10.
The Space Shuttle simulator is a true museum centerpiece now, after being rescued from aggy's inept clutches.
SMS_restored_exterior.thumb.jpg.dfe0efcb5f853a9e24b351de82f7c0ff.jpgSMS_restored_interior.thumb.jpg.153f6764e308416950311005e1a780e0.jpg

Over the years, I keep saying “one of these days Randy Duke will log in/out of the wrong account and post”. But it is the same and nobody would ever notice.

It’s not a knock at all, just an observation.

6 hours ago, markstanco said:

Over the years, I keep saying “one of these days Randy Duke will log in/out of the wrong account and post”. But it is the same and nobody would ever notice.

It’s not a knock at all, just an observation.

I wrote a bunch of the text for aggypedia, but it's not my account. I only post under this name and have never maintained multiple accounts under different names. One of our other friends owns and controls the aggypedia site and handles all the posts using the name. He is a former NASA rocket scientist, which explains his interest in the shuttle simulator.

the more you know.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

How'd that turn out for him?  Ended up dead and still hasn't pulled off the comeback...yet still worshiped by rubes.   Perfect aggy analogy. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

We have won more national championships in the past 15 years than aggy has in 146 years

Texas has more NCAA championships in just one sport (men's swimming) than A&M has in school history.

So does Oklahoma St (wrestling) and West Virginia (rifle).

Edited by Randolph Duke
  • Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Jkwellborn said:

Can I go test drive that?

I "drove" the fixed base many times, but actually got to take a full launch-to-abort-landing run in the mobile simulator as a passenger.  That was fun.  :)

I'm really glad to see the SMS platform getting its proper display presentation.

Edited by RamjetFDO
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Drool 1

2 hours ago, RamjetFDO said:

I "drove" the fixed base many times, but actually got to take a full launch-to-abort-landing run in the mobile simulator as a passenger.  That was fun.  :)

I'm really glad to see the SMS platform getting its proper display presentation.

I got to go in the mobile simulator but it wasn't moving at the time.  I was able to have a seat in the fixed base simulator while it was replaying a standard landing, and it was still very cool.