Lincoln Riley to USC

Landomatic

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

You’ll play for 4th, in your defunct conference you soft bitch made fuck.  

I just wanna say, I fucking love the consistency and dependability of the hatred you have for Coach Brisket Jerky.

do you have a similarly strong opinions on Caleb Williams or nah?

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, 59 Burst said:

I think CW’s NFL success is directly tied to who coaches him. He gets an Andy Reid type who can adjust his offensive philosophy to his new young player skill set he will do fine.

He gets a head case like Shanahan who really did not get what RGIII was really all about he is fucked.

He’s Johnny Manziel without the drug problem. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Easily. But the Bears org is dumb and I’m already hearing rumblings that they’d prefer Maye over CW.

Fields will eventually end up being a decent starter with the right coaching staff but CW is a generational QB.

Fields was also considered a generational talent by some as well. It's all about who can get the most out of you. I just can't see CW changing Chicago's fortune until they get people who know what the fuck they're doing. Just rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic. Fuck I wish Tampa had Fields. 

50 minutes ago, Jebus said:

I just wanna say, I fucking love the consistency and dependability of the hatred you have for Coach Brisket Jerky.

do you have a similarly strong opinions on Caleb Williams or nah?

Not really, ha

He will be a good pro.  Not sure about the HOF type talk we have.  

Glad you see my hate nice and clear.  

Caleb has said enough crazy shit to cool off some NFL teams. I’d imagine there will be some more conservative teams in the front of the draft that will want to play it safe with Drake Maye. Given the guarantee money flying around at QB, you better be damned sure you have the right guy. 

Riley should have jumped up a level after OU. Like any other blue blood, there’s no such thing as an easy job. The Chargers in 2021 would have been his best fit. 

16 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I can't see the Chicago giving up on Fields, right? He's seriously showing he has the talent, but has 1 WR. If they start Caleb, is he going to block for himself while also catching his own passes? I know NFL owners and GM's are dumb as rocks, but Fields is a good QB. I would hope Chicago would get some offensive help for Fields like Harrison (who is absolutely deserving of a top 3 pick, and I think Chicago has two of the top 3 picks don't they?). Get Harrison and some linemen for Fields 

I think it will depend on who the Bears head coach/OC will be next year. At this rate I doubt Eberflus will be back next year. The next said Chicago coach will either keep Fields and will know how to take advantage of his athletic mobility or want to go with his own QB and draft one with the #1 overall pick. If Fields is back then yes, I like the idea of drafting Harrison and maybe DE Laiatu Latu as Bears need help on defense.

• Like 1

Fields was also considered a generational talent by some as well. It's all about who can get the most out of you. I just can't see CW changing Chicago's fortune until they get people who know what the fuck they're doing. Just rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic. Fuck I wish Tampa had Fields. 

Was he? But I agree that ownership has been a problem for years. Hopefully Warren changes things.
  • Like 1

Just now, Constant said:

Biggest pussy in college football. 

He’s just a traitor with low character which is worse. I’m not now or have ever been or will ever be a fan of OU. But what he did is just trash. Am glad he’s getting exposed for what he is. He will wind up being an OC somewhere down the road but again loyalty means more to me these days. It’s not like he talked it out with Stoops, his mentor, and said hey I’m checking out and I want to go to USC. He snaked out of town and stole half the staff with the players. It’s the equivalent of Bernie Madoff type deal. 

I enjoy watching his prospects dwindle because he’s a shit heal. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Aqua Buddha said:

Imagine the coach at a blue blood programs saying they're not talking about winning titles.  What should USC expect then?

If the coach at Alabama said that, they'd riot in the streets and burn down their houses/meth labs.

Sent some of the above to a former coworker out in LA who went to USC.

His response:

Riley’s narrative is, “"We don't come in every single week talking about winning a national championship, going to the playoffs," Riley said. "I don't know where that narrative starts.”

Is he F’ing kidding? You’re brought to USC to win rings.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Napoleon said:

Sent some of the above to a former coworker out in LA who went to USC.

His response:

Riley’s narrative is, “"We don't come in every single week talking about winning a national championship, going to the playoffs," Riley said. "I don't know where that narrative starts.”

Is he F’ing kidding? You’re brought to USC to win rings.

He’s gonna bolt. He never expected going to the PAC-12 would bust wide open. No way he’s going against Big 10 defenses. He is a disloyal buttwipe that happens to be a great QB coach and maybe above average OC. 

Reminds me of:

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/texas/news/longhorns-strong-has-no-expectations-for-2014/

AUSTIN (105.3 THE FAN) -- The expectations won't be lowered for Charlie Strong in his first season leading the Texas Longhorns. But on Monday, Strong suggested otherwise -- maybe they should be.

Strong told the Austin American Statesman that fans shouldn't expect the Longhorns to be national title contenders next season.

"We will not be in the national championship game," said Strong.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

He’s just a traitor with low character which is worse. I’m not now or have ever been or will ever be a fan of OU. But what he did is just trash. Am glad he’s getting exposed for what he is. He will wind up being an OC somewhere down the road but again loyalty means more to me these days. It’s not like he talked it out with Stoops, his mentor, and said hey I’m checking out and I want to go to USC. He snaked out of town and stole half the staff with the players. It’s the equivalent of Bernie Madoff type deal. 

I enjoy watching his prospects dwindle because he’s a shit heal. 

Not that it matters, but I understand his desire to go. But he orchestrated an entire exodus of players and staff. That is where I believe he crossed a line. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, 59 Burst said:

Not that it matters, but I understand his desire to go. But he orchestrated an entire exodus of players and staff. That is where I believe he crossed a line. 

I don’t think anyone blames a guy wanting to go from Norman to the big lights of USC.

Like you said, he basically went all Darth Vader on Stoops  and in a way for us it’s funny. But then I think about what kind of person does that. He’s not a high character guy. They basically groomed him and gave him everything their community had and I understand why he wanted to go. The way in which it was done was low class and shitty. An apprentice basically screwing over his mentor. It’s not something I think most of us with any life experience can approve of—regardless of whether it was OU or Stoops. Irrelevant. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not really, ha

He will be a good pro.  Not sure about the HOF type talk we have.  

Glad you see my hate nice and clear.  

CW is actually a really nice guy. A buddy and I went to the Iowa St game in Nov 2020. OU was enforcing social distancing and so groups of 4-ish people were seated together with 4 vacant seats between groups.

During the game a number of people came down and had their picture taken with a guy in the group seated beside us. After several people had come down, I ask my buddy if we should know the guy. My buddy doesn’t really have a filter and leans over and asks who he is. It was Caleb. We chat off and on with him the rest of the game. My buddy gets Caleb’s number, and they text back and forth for a few months. 

As Caleb and his family were leaving the game, he tells us he enjoyed meeting us. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

• Hook 'Em 3

CW is actually a really nice guy. A buddy and I went to the Iowa St game in Nov 2020. OU was enforcing social distancing and so groups of 4-ish people were seated together with 4 vacant seats between groups.
During the game a number of people came down and had their picture taken with a guy in the group seated beside us. After several people had come down, I ask my buddy if we should know the guy. My buddy doesn’t really have a filter and leans over and asks who he is. It was Caleb. We chat off and on with him the rest of the game. My buddy gets Caleb’s number, and they text back and forth for a few months. 
As Caleb and his family were leaving the game, he tells us he enjoyed meeting us. He seems to be a genuinely nice guy.

….and he gave you directions on how to exit the stadium?
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, GenXer said:

This reads like aggy fan fiction, even if true.

• Haha 5

9 hours ago, Stunns38 said:

Was he? But I agree that ownership has been a problem for years. Hopefully Warren changes things.

Yeah, he was. He's shown flashes, but they've done nothing to alleviate the problems for him. It sucks to see a talented player like him just go to waste. If my Bucs weren't full on regarded and got rid of that busted ass Mayfield and traded for Fields, I guarantee that we would be no worse than 4-2. We just seem to care more about defense that's not even clicking than getting Mike Evans and Godwin a qb that doesn't eat dicks, or even a RB worth a shit. Rachaad White ain't it, fam. 

7 hours ago, GenXer said:

And that man's name was...Abraham Lincoln 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I don’t think anyone blames a guy wanting to go from Norman to the big lights of USC.

Like you said, he basically went all Darth Vader on Stoops  and in a way for us it’s funny. But then I think about what kind of person does that. He’s not a high character guy. They basically groomed him and gave him everything their community had and I understand why he wanted to go. The way in which it was done was low class and shitty. An apprentice basically screwing over his mentor. It’s not something I think most of us with any life experience can approve of—regardless of whether it was OU or Stoops. Irrelevant. 

I’m amused that the Okies were shocked to discover that a Sooner coach had low character. 😄

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, statsman said:

I’m amused that the Okies were shocked to discover that a Sooner coach had low character. 😄

I think about someone I admire greatly in Bill Snyder. Whether people like him or not guy cared about KState and wanted to see them in a good place. Came out of retirement basically to hold that team together with all he could until they could find a good coach. And they have one. They’re HC Chris Klieman a very good coach and seems like a good dude. 107 -35 with an overall record as a HC. With a Big 12 trophy to show for it. 35 -22 overall record at KState 

Does more with less on the regular. I try to imagine if he had a few stars like we do on his roster. With an Arch Manning waiting in the wings. Or what he’d have done last year with Rojo and Bijan. It’s not for lack of coaching. And they always manage to find some gems regardless. He and his staff must work their asses off watching the portal and on the recruiting trail. Anyway I say all that because Snyder is a good dude and he didn’t want to watch his program fall apart and go off a cliff. Whereas Lincoln didn’t care what happened to the school that gave him everything. Including the ability to leave. Fuck Riley. 

1 minute ago, statsman said:

Sooner coaches. Stoops organized a voting cabal to keep Texas out of the B12 CG. Blake was a race baiter with the Dallas Cowboys and bought recruits when it was illegal. 

Switzer has spent time in criminal, civil, securities and family court. (He blames his firing on “all the shooting and doping and raping”). Fairbanks pleaded with Royal to teach them the intricacies of the wishbone, for the sake of his old school and teammates, and then (along with Switzer) ridiculed Royal when the Sooners ran it better (with purchased players). 

This is OU. To OU, the most serious character flaw is losing. I don’t see anything in Riley that makes him worse than the standard OU coach. They’re just pissed because he left. 

Yep.  Trash program.  See how they handled Joe Mixon.

• Hook 'Em 2

Yeah, he was. He's shown flashes, but they've done nothing to alleviate the problems for him. It sucks to see a talented player like him just go to waste. If my Bucs weren't full on regarded and got rid of that busted ass Mayfield and traded for Fields, I guarantee that we would be no worse than 4-2. We just seem to care more about defense that's not even clicking than getting Mike Evans and Godwin a qb that doesn't eat dicks, or even a RB worth a shit. Rachaad White ain't it, fam. 

Jim Miller on NFL Network was discussing how on the first play of the game that their opponent was showing 6 rushers against 5 blockers. Fields didn’t see it/react to it. He holds the ball too long.

There were several games at OSU in which he didn’t react well to pressure. Turnover machine.

Dj Moore, Cole Kmet are above average at their positions. Rb stable is respectable.

The problem isn’t all about the parts.

6 hours ago, statsman said:

Sooner coaches. Stoops organized a voting cabal to keep Texas out of the B12 CG. Blake was a race baiter with the Dallas Cowboys and bought recruits when it was illegal. 

Schnellenberger was an abusive drunk. That was the excuse for firing him; the reason was that he was scaring recruits and players away. 

Switzer has spent time in criminal, civil, securities and family court. (He blames his firing on “all the shooting and doping and raping”). Fairbanks pleaded with Royal to teach them the intricacies of the wishbone, for the sake of his old school and teammates, and then (along with Switzer) ridiculed Royal when the Sooners ran it better (with purchased players). 

This is OU. To OU, the most serious character flaw is losing. I don’t see anything in Riley that makes him worse than the standard OU coach. They’re just pissed because he left. 

LOL, now do America, to quote our best and healthiest President of all time.  Nobody is pissed he left.  Fuck, I'm a pig in shit.  And enjoying all of this immensely.  For the millionth time, we were pissed how he left.  But that he left?  And seeing his record compared to Helton, and Jimbo compared to Rumlin...even your lovable Sark to Tom MF Herman...absolutely love it. 

6 hours ago, Had Enough said:

Jim Miller on NFL Network was discussing how on the first play of the game that their opponent was showing 6 rushers against 5 blockers. Fields didn’t see it/react to it. He holds the ball too long.

There were several games at OSU in which he didn’t react well to pressure. Turnover machine.

Dj Moore, Cole Kmet are above average at their positions. Rb stable is respectable.

The problem isn’t all about the parts.

When you have Baker McFucktard starting for your team, you'll gladly look at other QB's and say "I wish I had one of those". 

12 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

When you have Baker McFucktard starting for your team, you'll gladly look at other QB's and say "I wish I had one of those". 

Meh, Baker has been fine this year especially at his salary.  And it’s a good situation in Tampa.  The Bears are so depressing.  Fields may actually be good but with this franchise we will never know.  Luckily my childhood team was Dallas, so I always have them.  🤪

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

For the millionth time, we were pissed how he left.  

I get that. And I find it hilarious, because, and answer honestly, what is there in the OU coaching experience that teaches a coach to honor his commitments and be honest about his intentions?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1