Brian Kelly to L$U

Fug

$15,000,000? I thought LSU, as a university, was kind of broke.
Peak insanity now. 
$95,000,000 for Tucker at Sparty
$85,000,000 for Asshole Franklin at State Pen
$15,000,000 per year for Kelly
probably around $12,000,000 per year for Riley

Nuts.

Still overpaying for Sark at $35m or whatever it is over 6 years
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Sark ought to be working hard on every LSU, ND and OU 4 and 5 star.  Forget the 3 guys who decommitted.

One would hope. If I do hear one more time how a coach or player "isn't our standard" just look at the last 48 hours. Win. Fuck this bullshit. I feel like this is UT and every other school is trying to understand the SEC expansion and dealing with it and we are all like:

ice cream money GIF by Boomerang Official

Cuz that era is coming back y'all. It's like our BMDs are stuck in dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Mother mopar said:
13 minutes ago, Gaffords said:
Not so much when a monkey, another team's victory over your rival and and a coaching carousel you aren't part of is the best parts of your season.

Have a drink, sit back and enjoy the chaos.

So ND...who do they pick? Obviously blindsided (which lmao.) 

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

One would hope. If I do hear one more time how a coach or player "isn't our standard" just look at the last 48 hours. Win. Fuck this bullshit. I feel like this is UT and every other school is trying to understand the SEC expansion and dealing with it and we are all like:

ice cream money GIF by Boomerang Official

Cuz that era is coming back y'all. It's like our BMDs are stuck in dumbass. 

And its not like Sark needs to be preparing for a conference championship game or bowl game.

40 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

$15,000,000? I thought LSU, as a university, was kind of broke.

Peak insanity now. 

$95,000,000 for Tucker at Sparty

$85,000,000 for Asshole Franklin at State Pen

$15,000,000 per year for Kelly

probably around $12,000,000 per year for Riley

Nuts.

I remember a year ago when people on this board thought $12million per year for Urban was outlandishly high.  Apparently not

• Hook 'Em 3

5 minutes ago, bullet said:

And its not like Sark needs to be preparing for a conference championship game or bowl game.

Not at all. However we will get a truckload of possible portal(ers)? I can't speak for all of you but I am jealous watching all these moves be made. OU is scrambling. ND is scrambling. They will make moves. And I feel like Al Pacino in Heat "What do we got?" Still going to enjoy all this as it is fairly unprecedented. This rocks. I mean. How can you not enjoy this? Never seen this many ND people go full blown asshole on Twitter. Let it out. God will forgive ya. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Don’t blame him at all, but pretty pathetic for LSU. Clearly they don’t play school, then again the football team is probably the main reason 90% of their students go there other than it being the only college they got into

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Fug said:

Don’t blame him at all, but pretty pathetic for LSU. Clearly they don’t play school, then again the football team is probably the main reason 90% of their students go there other than it being the only college they got into

man, I can blame him.

these coaches are right up there in terms of hypocrisy. the bleating they all did about NIL, the way they berate players etc...

it's a fucking joke

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Not gonna lie, it really does feel like you guys won the national championship around here.  

we got nothing else to do, our season is over and we are stuck with a guy who honestly believed for 5+ games that the 2 QBs on our roster were good enough to play rather then being used as decoys in a wildcat

at this point, legit question.  why dont the Texas BMDs call Saban right fucking now and offer him a 5yr $100M contract? 

I mean fuck hes a bargain at that price after the past 2 days and we know damn well he would turn us around in 1 fucking week.   just imagine how many portal guys would follow him.. he would have carte blanc here, who cares if 40+ guys got let go, he would get 25 damn good freshmen and then his pick of the top 25 portal recruits

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1

1 minute ago, naija said:

man, I can blame him.

these coaches are right up there in terms of hypocrisy. the bleating they all did about NIL, the way they berate players etc...

it's a fucking joke

It's almost as if they are executives at some company or something.  Like with all high paid leaders a few are great, some are good, most are average and some are fucking shitbags.

13 minutes ago, naija said:

schools have truly sold their souls for football.

on some level, the University of Chicago had it right.

College Football has been inches away from becoming the mercenary, play/coach for a logo piece of shit that the NFL is.  

Those inches are gone bro.

Sit 10 minutes in DKR and it's undeniable.  Processed, tasteless, Cheeze Whiz branded as "nutritious food with flavor and depth".  Yeah, no.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

Everyone keeps talking about cultural for Kelly at LSU but Saban won a championship there and he’s certainly no cultural fit

shit you can say he was because he does not give a fuck about much more than winning football, but at this point I think Saban has more integrity than a shit load of other coaches out there

the one thing that does help him have that integrity is at Alabama he has things so on automatic that he can kick players off with impunity and "next an up".....not sure what he would be doing if he was at a place where he did not have it locked down like that......but I think it would be hard for him to be a bigger win at all cost shit bag than some of the others out there

13 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

It's almost as if they are executives at some company or something.  Like with all high paid leaders a few are great, some are good, most are average and some are fucking shitbags.

CEOs-a few are great, some are good, some are average, most are fucking shitbags.

18 minutes ago, naija said:

man, I can blame him.

it's a fucking joke

These are business deals. Texas made a smart and universally celebrated one when it switched conferences.

Brian Kelly's love for his ND players is limitless. I think that's the message that we all need to take with us. It's all about love. He loves them so much that he's bailing on them while they still have a shot at making the playoff. And making them show up at 7am so be can tell them "adios motherfuckers" in person after they heard it through Twitter. Now that's the kind of love that has no limits. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6