2022 Schedule is out

mdmost

That's actually not all that bad of a home schedule if we're staying in the big 12 another season. You got ULM and the fighting couch burners, bama then all Texas teams at home (minus tortillas) before heading to the redneck conference...

Sorry if this take has been repeated. Too much shit going on in cfb and real world to read thru

ETA--Completely forgot about the return of Traylor, too. 

Edited by BigHorn'13
Muledick

Looking at the schedule, I'm thinking one thing that can happen is every other team in the country turns up with Covid and we forfeit our way to the National Championship.

I mean, it could happen!

(Also wondering if I should put a bet on which game we change coaches).

Anyway go horns whatever yeah all that whatever.

Yes, we have.  But they really don’t like to do it that way.  It’s fine for us as fans but it’s a shitshow for them and some artists.  With two previous exceptions, they have a weekend around OU weekend to work with that is either An away game or a bye week.  

again, as attendees we won’t really notice much.  That’s why I said they are in a pickle, not you and me.  But yeah; two weekends in October we have 100k people at a home game, one weekend in October we have 100k people at COTA, and two weekends in October we have almost 100k at Zilker Park.  It’s a big headache for many involved.  And then I gotta find a little window in which to help produce Texas book Festival downtown As well

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

We're not going anywhere till 2023 at the earliest.

So the Baylor game will be the last game the Rig 12 Refs get to screw us on our own turf....   

That would be ironic because in "Fuck Big 12 Refs" thread, one of the games noted on their where the officiating was in your face corrupt was Grant Teaff's last game at Baylor.  

1 minute ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Bama will embarrass us.  I'm thinking 7-5 is the ceiling. 

Chance are you are correct....  But what if Bama has a season like this one where they are not necessarily blowing teams out of the water and we are able to hang with them or dare pull an upset?   They lost to aggy, almost and should've lost to Auburn last week...    Floriduh nearly beat them and they sucked this year....  Arky gave them hell... Oh they sucked but finally LSU put a scare to them.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Chance are you are correct....  But what if Bama has a season like this one where they are not necessarily blowing teams out of the water and we are able to hang with them or dare pull an upset?   They lost to aggy, almost and should've lost to Auburn last week...    Floriduh nearly beat them and they sucked this year....  Arky gave them hell... Oh they sucked but finally LSU put a scare to them.

Based on Bama's history under Saban, I don't think a second "down" season in a row is likely.

18 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

lol shut the fuck up

37 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

All of those things you said about Bama this year are absolutely correct. But I think the thing you're forgetting is that this year's Bama team still would have absolutely butt fucked this year's Texas team. We're going to lose to Bama next year. There's no "maybe" or "most likely" about it. 

3 minutes ago, TexasPride10 said:

All of those things you said about Bama this year are absolutely correct. But I think the thing you're forgetting is that this year's Bama team still would have absolutely butt fucked this year's Texas team. We're going to lose to Bama next year. There's no "maybe" or "most likely" about it. 

Correct...   99% chance we get beat..

I'm just thinking one of these years, the shine on Bama's armor is going  dull some.   Football works this way where the power programs take a dip for a period and then some comeback to that status.   Saban was hired during such a dip and they are due for one based on ebb and flow.    Not suggesting Bama is going to struggle to win 8 or 9 next year and they very well might run the table.  But it wouldn't shock me one bit if they have a similar season to this one where they win with a number of their games not be decided until late in the game.   But they will dog stomp aggy in Tuscaloosa next fall.    After all the dog shit  aggy made about their win at Collie Station this season, I'll put money on a 28+ plus blow out by Bama. 

Noice that we have a home game the weekend of Nov. 11-13th.  Opening weekend of college hoops, a sport we're actually good at.  And Gonzaga owes us an early November return tup next season.  Imagine that double-header, Gonzaga on Friday, football on Saturday.  Or football on Saturday, Gonzaga on Sunday.  All at the new Moody.  Could be a rather large affair I'd say.

Edited by Lobo

And speaking of music and sports...10/8...Texas is playing Oklahoma as part of this new neutral site series in Dallas.  Red Shout-Out or somesuch deal.  Anyway, officials are proposing a wall be erected in the stands at the 50YL between fans of both sides to keep anything from happening up among the crowd.  This "Wall" idea has been proposed by some British guy who's gonna be in Dallas that night at American Airlines Center.  I think he's crazy, but I've been wrong before.

14 minutes ago, Lobo said:

And speaking of music and sports...10/8...Texas is playing Oklahoma as part of this new neutral site series in Dallas.  Red Shout-Out or somesuch deal.  Anyway, officials are proposing a wall be erected in the stands at the 50YL between fans of both sides to keep anything from happening up among the crowd.  This "Wall" idea has been proposed by some British guy who's gonna be in Dallas that night at American Airlines Center.  I think he's crazy, but I've been wrong before.

Dave Chapelle GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Uh.. not sure you have seen what is happening at OU these days. 

I would agree on Bama being a likely loss, but if we get a few impact guys in the portal in the right spots, I can see us rebounding stronger than expected.  

And so it begins. Choo choo mfer. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Lobo said:

The final game (hopefully ever) being against Baylor at home with Grant Teaff as honorary referee is Chef’s Kiss to the schedule.   

Isn't he dead?  Well, he should be.

51 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I'm guessing that was really funny and/or clever in your head.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Correct...   99% chance we get beat..

I'm just thinking one of these years, the shine on Bama's armor is going  dull some.   Football works this way where the power programs take a dip for a period and then some comeback to that status.   Saban was hired during such a dip and they are due for one based on ebb and flow.    Not suggesting Bama is going to struggle to win 8 or 9 next year and they very well might run the table.  But it wouldn't shock me one bit if they have a similar season to this one where they win with a number of their games not be decided until late in the game.   But they will dog stomp aggy in Tuscaloosa next fall.    After all the dog shit  aggy made about their win at Collie Station this season, I'll put money on a 28+ plus blow out by Bama. 

our DC has no idea how to stop the run. It's the second game of the year.   going to be extremely ugly.  like 50-7 ugly.

4 hours ago, Lobo said:

one weekend in October we have 100k people at COTA

I'd guess double that comes in for COTA F1. It's the biggest weekend in Austin by far (it's actually the biggest live sporting event in the world).

I'd assume at least half of ACL attendance is locals (and much more than that for Texas games). 

In step with your point just wanted to clarify. 

Edited by ztejas

6 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Wins: ULM, UTSA

Losses: Bama, ou

Up-for-grabs: the other 8.

So if we split the up-for-grabs, we're 6-6.  

Then we can go beat Army in the Who Gives a Shit Bowl on a Tuesday night.

Then we can give Sark an extension to reward him for the whopping 40% increase in our win total in Year 2.

Fuck everything.

You think we can beat Army?

I see a 6 win season.

Losses to UTSA, OU, ISU, Baylor, OSU, Alabama

Wins vs Kansas, K-State, WVU, ULM, TCU, TEch

Unless the portal brings an influx of absolute studs. I have zero faith the 22 recruits do jack shit and I also have zero faith in another year of development under PKs stubborn, system and with our Cal S&C coach.

I am at a very low point for UT football.

Very excited about NIL deal(s), just watching the staff whiff on every recruit I feel like we have given the "Glengarry Leads" to a bunch of sadsacks who couldn't close a door.

• Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Wins: ULM, UTSA

Losses: Bama, ou

Up-for-grabs: the other 8.

So if we split the up-for-grabs, we're 6-6.  

Then we can go beat Army in the Who Gives a Shit Bowl on a Tuesday night.

Then we can give Sark an extension to reward him for the whopping 40% increase in our win total in Year 2.

Fuck everything.

We recruit in the portal and kick OU's ass. so 7-5. 

17 minutes ago, TriStone said:

Who the fuck in this thread are you calling a sunshine pumper?  You endless doomy gloomy fucks really make me laugh

Me.  I’m a sunshine pumper.

We are better than 6-6 and make Alabama mess their drawers.  May not win but closer than the Surly experts think.

• Hook 'Em 1