Orange Bowl CFP semifinal Georgia vs Michigan

Helobious

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh my fucking God how stupid are some people? This is the 2nd time I've seen this dumbass shit be brought up from watching this game. Can I remind these people that Georgia is the fucking 3 seed. This game couldn't be a stronger argument for the playoff existing (and being expanded).

And on further investigation that dumb broad is a Georgia fan? Dear God they make em smart down there don't they. 

Lol yeah teams 5-8 are where the real ass kickers are located. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Lol yeah teams 5-8 are where the real ass kickers are located. 

Using the #3 being better than the #2 as an argument against expansion is brain-dead fucking stupid. If you can't understand why then it isn't worth it explaining it to you. Should we go back to the format that would have left Georgia out entirely? 

Edited by ztejas

10 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Oh my fucking God how stupid are some people? This is the 2nd time I've seen this dumbass shit be brought up from watching this game. Can I remind these people that Georgia is the fucking 3 seed. This game couldn't be a stronger argument for the playoff existing (and being expanded).

And on further investigation that dumb broad is a Georgia fan? Dear God they make em smart down there don't they. 

The argument is that the current 4 team system that Georgia is benefitting from is fine. The joke is they can't find another 4 teams that are any good

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Using the #3 being better than the #2 as an argument against expansion is brain-dead fucking stupid. If you can't understand why then it isn't worth it explaining it to you. Should we go back to the format that would have left Georgia out entirely? 

Yeah, we already saw them play Bama

8 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I have a really good recipe for cheese grits. It’s more like a soufflé. It’s got cheddar cheese and hotsauce and paprika and eggs and you bake it. So damn good. Today sucks. My mom got Covid yesterday and gave it to me and even though I have had my two shots I hadn’t got my booster yet. I was hoping for an interesting game and this blows ass.

Best of luck to you both.

My recipe, which is more interesting than Michigan Football tonight, is one cup of milk, three cups of water, salt and pepper the water, and some butter.  I cut down on how much butter as I used to use a stick, and one cup of grits.   I cook them slowly and use a whisk to stir them.  I usually add just a hint of cheese at the end.

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The ONLY reason that Georgia is the 3 seed is to avoid the appearance of SEC favoritism, and give UM a pat on the back for winning their conference. They've been the clear cut #1 all year until their CCG. I'm not against expansion, but using the completely artificially ranked #3 team "upsetting" the #2 isn't a great argument either.

Edited by aggie08
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Just now, ztejas said:

Using the #3 being better than the #2 as an argument against expansion is brain dead fucking stupid. If you can't understand why then it isn't worth it explaining it to you. Should we go back to the format that would have left Georgia out entirely? 

Dude they put Georgia at 3 because they had to. Don't overthink this. Most years the two teams that should lose get blown the fuck out, they massage the rankings the best they can, but the frauds get worked. Adding 4 more is just going to result in more blowouts. I don't honestly care what they do at this point, I don't recognize college football anymore, and there's really no way to go but to expand. It's not going to bring what people think it will. 

Bama, Georgia and Ohio State are recruiting at a level nobody else is. They will always have a shot to win it. After that, there are a handful of teams that could win it if they put it all together in the right year. The time of underdogs making a run is over, especially now that major talents like Gibbs bounces from teams like GT to Bama after blowing up. Shit is broken and needs to be fixed or it doesn't matter what they do

1 minute ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Best of luck to you both.

My recipe, which is more interesting than Michigan Football tonight, is one cup of milk, three cups of water, salt and pepper the water, and some butter.  I cut down on how much butter as I used to use a stick, and one cup of grits.   I cook them slowly and use a whisk to stir them.  I usually add just a hint of cheese at the end.

The only grits I ever had that were good were chorizo and grits topped with roasted duck. Had it at a restaurant in Montgomery, Alabama.

Season 9 Premiere GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

They could have put a wig on Irv Cross and Musberger would have jizzed himself.

I should have taken a picture of it yesterday. In the press box at the Falcons stadium is a picture of the lovely Jane Kennedy, Asshole Mushmouth, Irv Cross and Jimmy the Greek doing their pregame show live on the field before a Falcons v Eagles game.

I did take a picture of the Tommy Nobis picture 

7 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Dude they put Georgia at 3 because they had to. Don't overthink this. Most years the two teams that should lose get blown the fuck out, they massage the rankings the best they can, but the frauds get worked. Adding 4 more is just going to result in more blowouts. I don't honestly care what they do at this point, I don't recognize college football anymore, and there's really no way to go but to expand. It's not going to bring what people think it will. 

Bama, Georgia and Ohio State are recruiting at a level nobody else is. They will always have a shot to win it. After that, there are a handful of teams that could win it if they put it all together in the right year. The time of underdogs making a run is over, especially now that major talents like Gibbs bounces from teams like GT to Bama after blowing up. Shit is broken and needs to be fixed or it doesn't matter what they do

If you want underdogs to have a better chance then up the ante and have the good teams earn their way in rather than just having to go through another top 4 team with a ton to lose that isn't going to go balls to the wall to beat them. 

Cincy isn't going to do anything crazy to beat Bama because they're close enough already to beat them if they play well and Bama doesn't. But you put Bama up against a 16 seed that knows they need to get wacky to win? That game can ironically become more difficult. It also makes the eventual champion much more deserving. 

I just don't see an argument against it and can't imagine that after going to 8 or 12 or 16 teams that we would still be sitting here saying "man I wish they would just subjectively pick the 2 best teams and have them play for everything".

• Hook 'Em 2