The Granddaddy of them all- 108th Rose Bowl Utah vs Ohio State

mdmost

Fair enough. By your comment I thought you were talking about tangibles like stats.
Interesting to note, our total PF/PA since 2014:
2014: 278-280
2015: 317-364
2016: 383-378
-----
2017: 383-276
2018: 435-362
2019: 458-357
2020: 427-285
-----
2021: 413-373
I understand your point but he was an asshole. If you win, then you can be an asshole. But if you don't back it up then you are just an asshole. I never was sold on him like I am on Sark. Sark is making some good moves on the off-season that TH wouldn't or couldn't be bothered with because "you just don't sprinkle fair dust" on things and be better.

4 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

So instead of one guy with 330 yards you would have three guys each with 110 yards.  It’s not like they would gain any more total yards since the end zone kept getting in their way.

Utah had a running back playing DB out there, so they were definitely compromised. Ohio state has 5 stars at every position, but especially WR. A running back playing both ways ain't keeping up with any of their guys. 

11 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Holly's questions were very, "eh". The on the field interviews have grown increasingly worse.

Standing rule at my house- when the final whistle blows, change the channel before the idiotic on field questions start coming, regardless of reporter or network.

"Mr College Football player- How did it feel to win this game?"

"a fuck-ton better than losing it."

"You had so many rushing yards today. How did you do that?"

"We kept running the ball and we accumulated more yards."

"back during your Freshman season, the 3rd string athletic trainer's pet giraffe died.  How did that resonate with your defense's ability to tackle tonight?"

"Are you fucking crazy?"

11 hours ago, Atticus said:

Utah had a running back playing DB out there, so they were definitely compromised. Ohio state has 5 stars at every position, but especially WR. A running back playing both ways ain't keeping up with any of their guys. 

Ohio State had a TE playing LB. In addition to the DL who opted out, several other defensive starters were out due to injury along with numerous other players. Here’s the list:

DE JAVONTAE JEAN-BAPTISTE (game-time decision, I don’t think he played)
QB JP ANDRADE
WR KAMRYN BABB
CB SEVYN BANKS
RB MARCUS CROWLEY
S JANTZEN DUNN
DE TYLER FRIDAY
OL JOSH FRYAR
DT ANTWUAN JACKSON
S JAYLEN JOHNSON
LB CADE KACHERSKI
DL JADEN MCKENZIE
LB MITCHELL MELTON
DT JADEN MCKENZIE
OL HARRY MILLER
LB JALEN PACE
DL NOAH POTTER
SAF JOSH PROCTOR
LB CODY SIMON
S MARCUS WILLIAMSON

In all they had something like 63 scholarship players suited up and available. A lot of young players and backups were pressed into action. I’ve seen it reported that the Buckeyes had 24 players out due to injury, some of whom were due to season long injuries. I’m not certain of the exact numbers but it at least gives us a ball park. The point being that the Bucks also had some pretty serious obstacles to overcome. 

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Ohio State had a TE playing LB. In addition to the DL who opted out, several other defensive starters were out due to injury along with numerous other players. Here’s the list:

DE JAVONTAE JEAN-BAPTISTE (game-time decision, I don’t think he played)
QB JP ANDRADE
WR KAMRYN BABB
CB SEVYN BANKS
RB MARCUS CROWLEY
S JANTZEN DUNN
DE TYLER FRIDAY
OL JOSH FRYAR
DT ANTWUAN JACKSON
S JAYLEN JOHNSON
LB CADE KACHERSKI
DL JADEN MCKENZIE
LB MITCHELL MELTON
DT JADEN MCKENZIE
OL HARRY MILLER
LB JALEN PACE
DL NOAH POTTER
SAF JOSH PROCTOR
LB CODY SIMON
S MARCUS WILLIAMSON

In all they had something like 63 scholarship players suited up and available. A lot of young players and backups were pressed into action. I’ve seen it reported that the Buckeyes had 24 players out due to injury, some of whom were due to season long injuries. I’m not certain of the exact numbers but it at least gives us a ball park. The point being that the Bucks also had some pretty serious obstacles to overcome. 

Congrats on being the first team in history to overcome injuries and beat a much less talented team by (checks notes) three points.  You should make t-shirts or something. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, mr. sunshine said:

I’ll take a Californian as a neighbor over your typical Yankee any fucking day of the week 

Probably a question best suited for another thread, but of the following, what would be the least desirable person to have as a neighbor?  Californian, Yankee, aggy, ou sucks, a non-aggy SEC fan (real SEC like Bama or Georgia or Florida, not Vanderbilt or Misery or South Carolina), or someone random like a Cornhusker? 

56 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Probably a question best suited for another thread, but of the following, what would be the least desirable person to have as a neighbor?  Californian, Yankee, aggy, ou sucks, a non-aggy SEC fan (real SEC like Bama or Georgia or Florida, not Vanderbilt or Misery or South Carolina), or someone random like a Cornhusker? 

Cornhusker

1 hour ago, ScottS said:

Gotta be a Sooner, right? If for no other reason than for the past 20 years we have almost no answer for them. You wouldn't be able to go outside for the month of October.

I will say that at the Cotton Bowl, I was standing to the side of the crowd pre-game and there were a couple of Sooner guys standing there too. Another guy walks by in full Ag gear and the Sooner fan just turns to me and starts talking about him. "What is with that guy? Why does he come to this game of all places dressed like that? Those people are so weird. Etc."