Gun Thread For Lib Newbs

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wanted shit that was cheap and reliable. 
so I bought a Glock pistol and a mossberg 12 gauge.  Savage 30-06 bolt action rifle too but pretty sure any bolt action will work fine. 

Meh, I get that.  Glocks are cheap, ugly as fuck, and they work.  Your Mossberg will be fine as long as you keep it cleaned and oiled.  Same with the Savage.  No heirlooms in the bunch there, but you've got the equivalent of Ryobi tools.  They will work just fine.  

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Again, I'm a newb. 

Glocks are cheap, ugly as fuck, and they work. 

This sounds like my wheelhouse.

at closing time, sure.   But in the safe? 

Dude, I was comparing cheap guns that "work" to cheap women that are still at the bar at 2 AM. 

5 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Glocks are cheap, ugly as fuck, and they work. 

This sounds like my wheelhouse.

at closing time, sure.   But in the safe? 

Dude, I was comparing cheap guns that "work" to cheap women that are still at the bar at 2 AM. 

The fonty all the time girls?

13 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

AK is easy to maintain, shoots well, and can't be broken with a rock.  Ammo for it will be bring-your-own only.  AR is more finicky to maintain and can be broken, but spare parts and ammo will be easy to take off the bodies of your dead nazis.  It's all about logistics.  I'd say AR.

AKs open carry pretty nice too

1641355850862-pol~2.png

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I wanted shit that was cheap and reliable. 
so I bought a Glock pistol and a mossberg 12 gauge.  Savage 30-06 bolt action rifle too but pretty sure any bolt action will work fine. 

Glock is Austrian yuck

https://www.canikusa.com/tp9sa-mod-2

These are used by Turkish military and are $300, you can get one for every room in your house.

11 hours ago, Lobo said:

But once they get to the urban area, what's the plan then?  Just shoot people because they happen to work downtown?  most of the people working in downtown Austin that I know are Trumpers.  Most of the government officials downtown/Capitol complex are Republicans.  Probably the same with downtown Houston and Dallas.  And how does shooting Democrats in those CBD's "take back America?"  I'm not directing this at you, more of a macro question because I do sense these rumblings out there.  There already has been violence and there will be more.  I'm just wondering if I missed a meeting or something, even these fucking idiots have to have some kind of plan.  What's the strategy?  

Obviously they'll start with the dark skinned folks.

22 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

AK is easy to maintain, shoots well, and can't be broken with a rock.  Ammo for it will be bring-your-own only.  AR is more finicky to maintain and can be broken, but spare parts and ammo will be easy to take off the bodies of your dead nazis.  It's all about logistics.  I'd say AR.

Why do people keep repeating this crap?  Yeah, the AK can be covered in mud and fired, mostly due to the loose tolerances, but the doctrine to develop the weapon was based around use it and toss it, or cannibalize others AKs for parts.  It was designed for supply train issues and it has an overall low service life and it has decent accuracy for hitting a man sized target at 300 yards.  Once you exceed that, the performance of the AR is significantly improved  over that of the AK to about 600 meters, and only at about 800 meters does the accuracy of the two weapons comes back together (Which seems to indicate an ammo discrepancy more so than the firearm).

The AR can be field maintained and repaired without tools, whereas the AK has parts riveted together which need to be ground off when replacing components according to WIKI and the doctrine is that it is cheaper to replace the AK than to repair/service it.    

AR is a better weapon with a better design with high performance in a majority of environments and tasks.   But if you live in the Everglades, then the AK might be a better choice for that environment.  

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Why do people keep repeating this crap?  Yeah, the AK can be covered in mud and fired, mostly due to the loose tolerances, but the doctrine to develop the weapon was based around use it and toss it, or cannibalize others AKs for parts.  It was designed for supply train issues and it has an overall low service life and it has decent accuracy for hitting a man sized target at 300 yards.  Once you exceed that, the performance of the AR is significantly improved  over that of the AK to about 600 meters, and only at about 800 meters does the accuracy of the two weapons comes back together (Which seems to indicate an ammo discrepancy more so than the firearm).

The AR can be field maintained and repaired without tools, whereas the AK has parts riveted together which need to be ground off when replacing components according to WIKI and the doctrine is that it is cheaper to replace the AK than to repair/service it.    

AR is a better weapon with a better design with high performance in a majority of environments and tasks.   But if you live in the Everglades, then the AK might be a better choice for that environment.  

This reminds me how Sherman's were so weak, and lightly armored. That's because it wasn't only going to the western front, but also eastern front as well. It had to be light enough to ship across both oceans, and easy to fix. It didn't even really get into fights with the more deadly tanks at the end of the war since Germany was dealing with shortages, and losing in all fronts, more importantly the eastern front.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Both have advantages and disadvantages.  If you have a supply system set up to provide parts and ammo, either would work well.  In the scenario set up by the OP, one will not have a formal supply system off of which to feed.  Look at what the MAGAts are waving around: ARs.  It will be easier to come by AR parts and ammo by stripping the enemy dead than it will be to get AK parts and ammo.  You won't be able to run down to Academy or Bass Pro and pick up more supplies, and if you are working with the US military, they will have much more ammo and many more parts for ARs than AKs.  Tactics wins fights, strategy gives direction, but logistics wins wars.  Think logistically. 

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Ned Stark's only smart moment:

e3bbf67fddd649e4ae3cbc4c0a40573e.gif

I should beg you for saying that was his only smart moment, but you didn't say something contrary to my political beliefs, so I will refrain. Also because I really don't neg folks much. Only folks who name their swords.

Edited by NotActuallyALonghorn

3 hours ago, Nivek said:

Allegedly and in a life previous to the great boating accident, I have owned variants of both. The AK variants handled like a lever gun, and the AR variants handled like a bolt gun. Not exactly, but that is the best comparison I can think of. I only killed deer in this past life with my AR in 300 BLK, which is almost realistically identical to the AK round. It wins out because of how versatile it is, especially when mounting optics, but there is no denying that those commies knew how (or stumbled onto how) to make a smooth handling rifle.

13 hours ago, Anastasis said:

Significant lack of gun prone in this thread. 

well, i have one of these:

Buy Taurus Model 66 357 Magnum Revolvers at SWFA.com - SWFA Outdoors

that i bought on impulse when i was like 22. i love shooting it and i am a really good shot with it. 

shortly after i bought it i went to some outdoor gun range, some place i found out off Hamilton pool road. i found it in the yellow pages. the guys out there looked pretty much just like this:

1972 – Deliverance – Academy Award Best Picture Winners

in the course of my visit one of them told me all about the New World Order, the 7 headed 10 horned beast and how that translated to modern organizations such as the Vatican, the UN, etc., what the story of Esau and Jacob 'really' meant with regard to race, and some other very enlightening information that somehow nobody had ever shared with me before! 

the other one told me 'you smell clean'.  

conclusion: some things are timeless. 

Edited by mchookem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Superhero said:

Not that the gun toting fucksticks would know what a school is. But in case they’re hiding in one, I’d like a gun that can shoot through schools. 

What movie was that from?   It’s bugging me.  

tau2660061.jpg
that i bought on impulse when i was like 22. i love shooting it and i am a really good shot with it. 
shortly after i bought it i went to some outdoor gun range, some place i found out off Hamilton pool road. i found it in the yellow pages. the guys out there looked pretty much just like this:
1972-Deliverance-04.jpg
in the course of my visit one of them told me all about the New World Order, the 7 headed 10 horned beast and how that translated to modern organizations such as the Vatican, the UN, etc., what the story of Esau and Jacob 'really' meant with regard to race, and some other very enlightening information that somehow nobody had ever shared with me before! 

~shudder~

“You smell clean”

It’s always the most banal on paper compliments that sound the most creepy when uttered by a Cletus.

I’m more likely to get creeped out by “I like your ears” than “NICE ASS”.

The former hints at a fetish involving a blade of some kind and a ear laden necklace.

6 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

~shudder~

“You smell clean”

It’s always the most banal on paper compliments that sound the most creepy when uttered by a Cletus.

The former hints at a fetish involving a blade of some kind and a ear laden necklace.

Well then......."nice ass."

See?  Not creepy at all.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

~shudder~

“You smell clean”

that reminds me, i left out the best part...there's a scene in the movie Rush where Jennifer Jason Leigh visits William Sadler to pick up some molly or something, and he's wearing overalls and sits down and she notices he's bare underneath. it was pretty much just like that. 

Rush – WILLIAM SADLER ONLINE 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, mchookem said:

Buy Taurus Model 66 357 Magnum Revolvers at SWFA.com - SWFA Outdoors

1972 – Deliverance – Academy Award Best Picture Winners

Did they not say that you had a pretty mouth?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Scheiss Meister said:

Both have advantages and disadvantages.  If you have a supply system set up to provide parts and ammo, either would work well.  In the scenario set up by the OP, one will not have a formal supply system off of which to feed.  Look at what the MAGAts are waving around: ARs.  It will be easier to come by AR parts and ammo by stripping the enemy dead than it will be to get AK parts and ammo.  You won't be able to run down to Academy or Bass Pro and pick up more supplies, and if you are working with the US military, they will have much more ammo and many more parts for ARs than AKs.  Tactics wins fights, strategy gives direction, but logistics wins wars.  Think logistically. 

The most valuable piece of equipment in WW2 were the trucks made by the US and Canada.   Germany was still using horses to move supplies.