Taco Bell has launched chicken wings and a taco subscription

immamac

6 hours ago, BERT said:

Well had to go for lunch today after my post earlier. Enchilada(chilada), bean and chicken burrito with mild sauce and 2 soft tacos. Not too bad 

hqdefault.jpg

8 hours ago, TurkeyChew said:

Ag with kids did God’s work and fostered kids, FYI for those shocked by the 9 kids comment. Always makes me chuckle people don’t know that and treated him like a selfish criminal on other boards.

December 25, 2021

hey donkeycigar

Edited by elfenix
  • Like 4

This thread spurred memories of Taco USA from back in the 80s. My best friend and I used to smash a shit ton of food back in Del Rio. My girlfriend at the time worked there and would always sneak extras into the bags. Talk about some good cheap high school kid food! We'd eat there and then walk across Ave F and get a shake a mickey D's and some 39 cent cheeseburgers and walk all over town burning that shit off.

Yes, that location.  That Taco Bell and Raising Cane's freely estimated to the property management & landlord groups that 80% of their revenue came from laborers, tradesman, and domestic staff working the surrounding areas.  I would think whatever replaces Taco Bell will also have to be friendly to that demographic.  I would think a What-a-Burger would work given how they fare with that demographic in other parts of Austin but they may have just gotten cold feet on the rental rate.  

Taco Bell just didn't do the volume that the other fast-food joints in that area do.  And with their pricing, volume is the key.  I wonder if a Cabo Bob's could make it there? 

9 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yes, that location.  That Taco Bell and Raising Cane's freely estimated to the property management & landlord groups that 80% of their revenue came from laborers, tradesman, and domestic staff working the surrounding areas.  I would think whatever replaces Taco Bell will also have to be friendly to that demographic.  I would think a What-a-Burger would work given how they fare with that demographic in other parts of Austin but they may have just gotten cold feet on the rental rate.  

Taco Bell just didn't do the volume that the other fast-food joints in that area do.  And with their pricing, volume is the key.  I wonder if a Cabo Bob's could make it there? 

I thought Canes just took that real estate over. I forgot that the taco bell structure is still there sitting adjacent. 

One of the issues is that restaurants there can't be open past like 10pm. Have to imagine that hampered their revenue.

It was a shame when it closed. That taco bell was always on fucking point. 

I know Cane's has wanted to take it over to improve their drive-thru shitshow but they don't need that whole corner PAD site.  You raise a point I didnt' think to ask them about, maybe they're trying to rework that corner parking lot to become a second walk-out drive thru lane like Chick-Fil-A's have.  Then you'd have to move the old Taco Bell drive-thru lane and that will obviously effect what tenant wants to move in there.  That whole thing is a shitshow at lunchtime with work truck after van after van trying to tuck into the Cane's drive-thru lane with milfs trying to get into the main shopping center.  

I coulda sworn that Taco Bell was open after 10:00p.  Wife and I would hit it up after an event or holiday party that didn't serve enough food.  I know that McDonald's is open until 11:00p because I've hit it up for that very same reason.  But you're right, almost every other restaurant in that entire vicinity from 360 to Barton Creek to MoPac...all close before 10:00p, 8 or 9 in many cases.  Hard to move booze and make your margins with those kinda hours.  But yeah, we probably hit up that Taco Bell a couple dozen times over the years.  

Taco Bueno over Taco Bell all day….the bueno burger, muchaco and party menu were the tits.  For those in South Austin, Taco Ranch is decent - reminds me of ‘80s Taco Bell or Bueno a bit.  I’ve been hoping that’s what they are putting in on Walsh Tarlton as the color scheme is similar.  Also heard there is a new Bueno at Wm Cannon & I-35.

On 1/7/2022 at 11:04 AM, Hate said:

Damn...That looks like the Taco Bell of my youth and one that I would go to.  I haven't been to Taco Bell in years since they no longer are an actual taco place.  Fuck you Taco Bell.  If I want wings or chicken I will go to a wings or chicken place.  I want Taco Casa to Houston now. 

Taco Palenque

• Hook 'Em 1

I love this country.  Supply chain issues in our health care system mean my proctologist can't get enough Colyte for his patients but we have trucks full of Taco Bell Creamy Avocado Ranch.  Which, thankfully, does the exact same fucking thing.  'MURICA!

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2022 at 8:46 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

A coworker lives close to a Taco Bell and signed up for the subscription. He loves it. It works out to about 30 cents a taco, and the special promotion tacos are included with the original 7. You have to really like Taco Bell, but there isn't a cheaper lunch out there. 

who the fuck eats one taco from taco bell and considers that lunch? 

• 2 months later...
On 2/16/2022 at 4:46 AM, billfromlaketravis said:

A coworker lives close to a Taco Bell and signed up for the subscription. He loves it. It works out to about 30 cents a taco, and the special promotion tacos are included with the original 7. You have to really like Taco Bell, but there isn't a cheaper lunch out there. 

4 Jack in the Box tacos is my go to cheap meal.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hate said:

This is true as well. That thing was damn tasty.

I thought the Chili Cheese Burrito was a thing of the past and people who were eating it found something rare in the wild. The last one I had around here was almost 20 years ago. But based on the locator map it looks like it’s pretty much everywhere except the Austin/San Antonio area since the franchise owner doesn’t want to carry it on their menu. I could have been eating one of these things when I was on the road instead of waiting 2 decades for a big comeback. Know your audience and bring this shit back to the 512/210 area.

9FB8D31A-18DC-48BB-B6E2-78C53778476C.gif.96e148cf71e786104759c4c3e1d53539.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

• 4 months later...