Cowboys vs 49ers: Wild Card Round

Vic Mackey

Just now, Vic Mackey said:

Dallas had the ball after a big gain to Schultz and got into SF territory to win this game and we gain -1 yards in 4 plays and that's your game.

Yeah that series with over 2 minutes left was really the ballgame.  Crazy ending, but 49ers deserved the win.

Jesus I know it’s en vogue to trash the cowboys always. But Jesus the 49rs were not expecting that, the play got them to the 20 with a legit non Hail Mary shot, and the refs literally were too slow abs moved the ball twice before setting it.

Set the ball the first time abs it’s snapped with a second left.

That’s not being a homer.

Y’all just can’t accept when a play doesn’t work out it’s not always stupid.
You actually expect us to believe that?? Damn son.
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marcusshelton said:

Now I’m mad all over again. 

Don't be. No way Brady would have gone to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is the owner, general manager and head coach. Did you see McCarthy's first interview as head coach? Looked like a hostage video. Brady specifically went to a team where he'd have input on the roster and the offensive scheme, and where the roster was good. He's given up millions cause he wanted to win. 

No way he was going to this. 

tenor.gif

Just now, Richard Kimball said:

Don't be. No way Brady would have gone to the Cowboys. Jerry Jones is the owner, general manager and head coach. Did you see McCarthy's first interview as head coach? Looked like a hostage video. Brady specifically went to a team where he'd have input on the roster and the offensive scheme, and where the roster was good. He's given up millions cause he wanted to win. 

No way he was going to this. 

tenor.gif

Yes you’re right. My wife is new to football so I was explaining to her all the Jerry/Jimmie stuff. She hates Jones now too. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

What’s the point of the entire play though?

just run a Hail Mary from the 40 with 14 seconds and another one with whatever time is left. Way better than that MENSA stupid shit play they ran there. 

I don’t disagree whatsoever. They should have taken shots to the end zone. But if you’re gonna call something so pointlessly dumb and risky, at least execute it correctly. 

If that Dak running play was the call then the coaches should have reminded Dak to run the ball to the ref to get it in his hands so he can set the ball and give them a chance to stop the clock. But nope, he handed the ball to his center like that helps any. Run it over to the ref so he can set it! How was this a smart play call if the QB doesn't know what to do in this situation? 

11 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

Mike White would have handed the ball to his center.

fuck outta here with that bullshit.

mike white would’ve flipped the ball to the ref, spiked it in time and fired a strike to cooper on the next play to win the game. the qbr data backs this up. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I'm laughing my ass off anyone saying that with 14 seconds left and no timeouts, running the ball and falling down in the middle of the field and expecting the ref to be in perfect position to set the ball with 1 fucking second left on the clock is not a completely idiotic decision. 

exactly clown show of coaching.  these guys can't call false start correctly and have jsut called you for 3x the penalties of your opponent and you expect them to run along with you to spot the ball as quickly as possible.

10 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Boyz lost to Las Vegas and Denver in JerryHole so why not the hot SF team?  Not really a surprise, they were outcoached and could not contain the RB 19 with his freakish cutbacks. 

It’s sad that you can accurately say they got out coached in that game with how terrible coaching was on the other side. 

3 minutes ago, Gigglebush said:

Dak was supposed to slide at 10 yards so they could have enough time left.

yes he ran too far but its just a dumb call.  you have 3 plays with 14 seconds left and you decide to go with 2 play strategy and only come away with 1.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I'm laughing my ass off anyone saying that with 14 seconds left and no timeouts, running the ball and falling down in the middle of the field and expecting the ref to be in perfect position to set the ball with 1 fucking second left on the clock is not a completely idiotic decision. 

Not only that, but you better have your best option throw into the end zone ready to execute.  

Dak would have been better served stopping earlier and giving the ball to the ref, and getting ready to throw that pass.  Oh, well.

4 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

If that Dak running play was the call then the coaches should have reminded Dak to run the ball to the ref to get it in his hands so he can set the ball and give them a chance to stop the clock. But nope, he handed the ball to his center like that helps any. Run it over to the ref so he can set it! How was this a smart play call if the QB doesn't know what to do in this situation? 

nobody with an IQ over 75 thinks that was a smart play call. Just Drew.  

Fitting end for a boneheaded team. 14 or 15 penalties,  5 or 6 pre-snap penalties and they still had a shot, bit decided a qb run would be a smart go. 

The qb run made sense bc the qb is right there to spike the ball. Dak either needed to get down a second or two quicker, or better yet the nfl shouldn’t let the refs interfere in the game like that. This is a lot like losing a game to an unreviewable ref mistake. They don’t even need refs, #skyjudge…

3 minutes ago, futureman said:

fuck outta here with that bullshit.

mike white would’ve flipped the ball to the ref, spiked it in time and fired a strike to cooper on the next play to win the game. the qbr data backs this up. 

Mike White would have been down 27 points

5 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

running dak there was stupid, but the ref moving that ball around 2 - 3 times is also pretty inexcusable. The fuck was he doing except ensuring the clock expired? He just touches it and backs off, they have 1 - 2 seconds for a shot to the endzone. Why was he moving it around like that? 

He was looking at the guy out to the side that had the spot.  He doesn't just touch it, he's supposed to put it in the right spot.  As it was, he moved it back some and I'm pretty sure some of the Dallas oline didn't back up enough and were lined up offside at the snap.

Edited by WBT
  • Hook 'Em 1