Cowboys vs 49ers: Wild Card Round

Vic Mackey

Jerry does not give two fucks about winning. Absolutely zero. No owner who employs himself as GM and had Garrett here for over a decade cares about winning. There's enough people with deep pockets who will keep shelling out money year after year for this mediocre product.

Sadly I agree. Looking at the parking lot when I went to a game last year I totally agree. So many fans. No care win or lose. Jerry got what he wanted.

18 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

We had the ball down 6 with 2:40 to play. Good teams find a way to win these games. Cowboys are a middle of the league team. Plain and simple. 

O-line got bitch slapped on that drive (SF without Bosa). Cowboys oline gets talked about like they are some hall of fame unit but I don’t see anything close to that week in and week out. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Chips O'Toole said:

I'm laughing my ass off anyone saying that with 14 seconds left and no timeouts, running the ball and falling down in the middle of the field and expecting the ref to be in perfect position to set the ball with 1 fucking second left on the clock is not a completely idiotic decision. 

This.  It was an egregiously shitastic decision and call.  What's the big difference between throwing from the 40 and 30 yard line anyway?  You can't really run a functional play vs prevent that is going to shake someone open or even get a one on one situation, you're going to have to throw it up as some sort of Hail Mary from those distances anyway.  Next, we actually had practiced this play way back when I used to play.  We always had the TE, but it could be the WR be responsible for grabbing the ball and giving it to the official to spot instead of relying on fat, interior linemen who are blocking or the QB, who may end up in any number of positions.  It was failure all around and consistent with a coaching staff who feels unprepared for big moments.  There are no points being capitalized on for the Cowboys from tactical or strategic decision making during a game.  They operate at a net negative and have for a long time.

3 hours ago, Gigglebush said:

Dak was supposed to slide at 10 yards so they could have enough time left.

To what end?  A Hail Mary from the 32 instead of the 41?

21 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

O-line got bitch slapped on that drive (SF without Bosa). Cowboys oline gets talked about like they are some hall of fame unit but I don’t see anything close to that week in and week out. 

huh? no one talks about the cowboys OL like that for at least 2-3 years.  since the Center had to retire, Tyron became walking wounded, and Collins became a shitty tackle instead of a great guard.

they are very average to below average now outside of Martin and Tyron when he's healthy.

Dak doesn't help.  Most of the sacks are him holding the damn ball too long.

41 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Isn’t there some kind of nfl rule that you need 3 seconds left to execute a spike and have time left on the clock for another play?  I swear I’ve seen that mentioned on broadcasts previously but don’t want to go searching. 

This?

Here’s how the 10-second runoff rule works in the NFL and college football

This rule is designed to prevent a team from gaining an unfair late advantage. It requires three things to happen.

It seems as if Dak has regressed for some reason. He’s a half second late on a lot of reads and his accuracy is shit. Maybe he’s just one of those QB’s that only thrive when there is no pressure like his rookie year. The problem is that the OL sucks now and there is no running game to take the pressure off of him. He’s looking more and more like a game manager that has to have certain conditions to thrive. He’s still better than most Qb’s, but I’d love to see what someone like DeShaun Watson could no with this talent. /no support for sexual offenders

1 minute ago, Hate said:

It seems as if Dak has regressed for some reason. He’s a half second late on a lot of reads and his accuracy is shit. Maybe he’s just one of those QB’s that only thrive when there is no pressure like his rookie year. The problem is that the OL sucks now and there is no running game to take the pressure off of him. He’s looking more and more like a game manager that has to have certain conditions to thrive. He’s still better than most Qb’s, but I’d love to see what someone like DeShaun Watson could no with this talent. /no support for sexual offenders

I think the biggest reason is the lack of run game. Zeke had <40 lbs and for his pricetag, that is unacceptable. That and the fact that our coaching staff continues to make really stupid late game decisions. Leaving the game in the hands of the referees will usually end poorly, and it almost always does for the Cowboys. Water is wet

We had the ball down 6 with 2:40 to play. Good teams find a way to win these games. Cowboys are a middle of the league team. Plain and simple. 
Yep. I knew that last drive was going to end in agony. Didn't know how but knew it was coming. Being a Dallas fan in my adult life, those games are not won when it matters. They are losses.

24 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

This?

Here’s how the 10-second runoff rule works in the NFL and college football

This rule is designed to prevent a team from gaining an unfair late advantage. It requires three things to happen.

No. But you made me use google and it’s not an nfl rule but an ncaa rule instituted in 2013. 

basically the decision was made that it takes 2 seconds to snap, spike, ref signal to stop the clock, and clock operator stops clock. Therefore if that sequence begins with less than 3 seconds left, it’s the last play. 

it’s moot here since it’s not an nfl rule, but wouldn’t it have been better to call the qb run play and the endzone play in that huddle so that the snap (which was after time expired anyway so still moot) only had to happen before the clock ran out, instead of enough time to spike it too?  

aside from that, even if they got it spiked in time what are they going to do, run a 20 yard Hail Mary?  It’s not like sf was going to play it straight up because they were closer, they would have 8 across the end zone.  If you want to run an actual play against some half normal defense you run it from the 40 instead of that qb run.  Did you guys see the defensive backfield stacked every 10 yards at the sidelines?  That’s as fair as it was going to get for an end zone throw.  

Edited by Pato del Muerto

56 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Well I mean it was from 2014 to 2016. 

5 years in NFL changes everything 

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, 4th&amp;Five said:

How the hell do you blame the refs after that loss? 

After the AZ game Lamb and Vanderesch were whining about the refs. Now it's apparent the whole team was consumed with that shit. 

No focus or discipline on this team. McCarthy has to be fired after what's happened here, it's apparent he has zero control. 

27 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:
1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Yep. I knew that last drive was going to end in agony. Didn't know how but knew it was coming. Being a Dallas fan in my adult life, those games are not won when it matters. They are losses.

zero clutchness on this whole team.

after the pass to schultz

1 and 10 at SF 46  with 2:30 left.  any good team scores a TD.

we go 

1. sack -1(Dak needs to take off earlier and get some yards to keep us in good down and distance)

we could let the clock go to the 2min warning and get a good play on second down(the time doesn't matter at this point).

2. Lamb drops the ball(probably a 5 yard pass, shitty play anyway)

3. incomplete(Smith called for holding)

4. incomplete on basically a hurried hail mary to Wilson

incompetence and failure at all levels and pretty much sums up the season.

On a blitz where no hot route was run, and dak held the ball until he had to make an awkward throw instead of putting it up there in a 1 on 1 matchup 

Yeah, that was odd. Every route runner was way down field. Maybe work the field just beyond the sticks. There was decent pass pro for as many dudes that blitzed.

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Yeah, that was odd. Every route runner was way down field. Maybe work the field just beyond the sticks. There was decent pass pro for as many dudes that blitzed.

Not really odd when you consider they have an offensive coordinator that was never qualified to be an NFL offensive coordinator. 

2 minutes ago, futureman said:

with the supporting cast dak has had tzzzzzzzzzzzzzTrot would have won at least two more super bowls.

now put dak on tony’s teams. makes you shudder to think about it. 

I don't really think of Dak and Romo any differently these days.

4 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

I'm long past considering this stuff painful.

There's actually a certain morbid fascination to the how the Cowboys consistently pull this off. They can't even simply lose like a normal team. There's always something freakish about it.

this is a great description of where some of us are as fans. where we have been pushed. 

2 hours ago, Hate said:

I don't really think of Dak and Romo any differently these days.

They are literally the same guy. Feast off lesser teams and fail when it matters. Romo is romanticized after the fact for some odd reason. While he was here, he took a beating like Dak did week to week and all these playoff failures. Yet Romo gets excuses after the fact for some reason. Both of them could not elevate their play come playoff time.

You can make all the excuses in the world and create these made up scenarios that prop up Romo. At the end of the day, he was a playoff loser and fumbled a FG snap to lose and next year, gets schooled by Eli Manning. Not to mention all the late season meltdowns.

If you ever want to watch a game that sums up Romo's career, 2013 Broncos. Puts up so many flashy stats. All fun and games. Now comes crunch time and we absolutely need a play. What does he do? Back breaking pick. We lose. Game over. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Hate said:

He hasn't been the same since he broke his ankle last season. 

8 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Yep. Almost three minutes with three timeouts and the two minute warning. Dak could have quarterback sneaked his way down the field with that much time.