Cowboys vs 49ers: Wild Card Round

Vic Mackey

8 hours ago, dcar00 said:

huh? no one talks about the cowboys OL like that for at least 2-3 years.  since the Center had to retire, Tyron became walking wounded, and Collins became a shitty tackle instead of a great guard.

they are very average to below average now outside of Martin and Tyron when he's healthy.

Dak doesn't help.  Most of the sacks are him holding the damn ball too long.

Romo was saying it yesterday. PFF has 2 cowboys OLmen as top 10 players in the league.

8 hours ago, Hate said:

It seems as if Dak has regressed for some reason. He’s a half second late on a lot of reads and his accuracy is shit. Maybe he’s just one of those QB’s that only thrive when there is no pressure like his rookie year. The problem is that the OL sucks now and there is no running game to take the pressure off of him. He’s looking more and more like a game manager that has to have certain conditions to thrive. He’s still better than most Qb’s, but I’d love to see what someone like DeShaun Watson could no with this talent. /no support for sexual offenders

Which is weird, because he was absolute money against the blitz for a good chunk of the year. The best in the league.

Edited by lilMAC25

Blame for McCarthy.  The refs. Dak. Dumb players. The OL. The DL. There is exactly one reason they suck and will continue to suck forever - Jerry Jones and his hillbilly clan. 

Jones only cares about making more money and is too vain and stupid to hire people that can actually fix the franchise. He far prefers to have a family business, rather than winning.

He’s turning it over to his hillbilly kids, so the Cowboys are ruined for the next ten years until complete mismanagement by his dumbass kids forces them to sell the franchise. Happy New Year!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

They actually lined up offsides more than that it just wasn’t called. 

Also Randy Gregory pulled off the impressive feat of defensive holding on a running play and it being a clearly correct call.  That’s tough to do. 

The weirdest was I think it was Tank who tackled the SF tackle on a run play. I legitimately think he was out of it and thought he was tackling the running back or something because otherwise it makes zero sense to tackle a lineman like that.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Those are the guys who were fucking off all last couple of weeks going to shitty mavs games and you could tell weren't disciplined or focused at all. Their performance today was completely predictable. They aren't willing to sacrifice to win.  

Yeah.  Boy wonder OC really helped find ways to get them the ball.  As if they couldn't line Lamb up in the backfield and run the same plays SF does for Deebo.  They've done it before during this season.  Why not do it again?  Going to a Mavs game means fuck all about their discipline.  That's chicken shit conspiracy theory level delusion.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Blame for McCarthy.  The refs. Dak. Dumb players. The OL. The DL. There is exactly one reason they suck and will continue to suck forever - Jerry Jones and his hillbilly clan. 

Jones only cares about making more money and is too vain and stupid to hire people that can actually fix the franchise.He far prefers to have a family business, rather than winning.

He’s turning it over to his hillbilly kids, so the Cowboys are ruined for the next ten years until complete mismanagement by his dumbass kids forces them to sell the franchise. Happy New Year!

Jerry wants to Jones family to be NFL royalty like the Rooney and Halas families, but most people see them as the Beverly Hillbillies and just about all of "Cowboy Nation" is going to celebrate when he's dead. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Yeah.  Boy wonder OC really helped find ways to get them the ball.  As if they couldn't line Lamb up in the backfield and run the same plays SF does for Deebo.  They've done it before during this season.  Why not do it again?  Going to a Mavs game means fuck all about their discipline.  That's chicken shit conspiracy theory level delusion.  

Sorry .. but, Lamb couldn’t carry Samuel’s jock.

i can get over this loss pretty quickly because this team was gonna get stomped in the next round, whoever they played.  this is not as bad as the Cowboys losing to the Giants in 2007.  that 2007 Cowboys team had a chance to do something. that hurt. this Cowboys team was smoke and mirrors.  they weren't winning another game if they had escaped yesterday.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Jerry wants to Jones family to be NFL royalty like the Rooney and Halas families, but most people see them as the Beverly Hillbillies and just about all of "Cowboy Nation" is going to celebrate when he's dead. 

Jerry wanted to be Al Davis or George Halas, basically an owner/coach. Hell, Halas was the owner and a player/coach for his first nine years. That's who Jerry wants to be. 

Is the thumb fired yet? I don't even care until that fat tub of shit is out of silver and blue. I don't even care about the ending, it was a split second from working and setting up a more manageable throw to the end zone. The way we came out wholly uninspired and let them march up and down the field for most of the first half of a fucking playoff game is unforgivable. Lack of discipline in penalties has been an issue all fucking season and never addressed (there was some bad officiating for sure but many were legit or close enough that players should be trained to avoid them, not to mention Randy Gregory having the worst timing I've ever seen).  In pretty much all of our losses we fail to adjust until its too late, if at all. Romo was never the problem, neither is Dak. They are being led by a senile piece of shit in the owners box, and brain dead yes men on the field. This will never get any better unless a meteor takes out the jones compound. We all knew this was coming and still lament when it happens. That old piece of shit will never lead this franchise to anything meaningful.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Has anyone seen whether there's a rule for if the replay booth had buzzed down with 1-2 seconds left to re-spot the ball? It should have been back around the 26 yard line where Dak started his slide. Presumably they could have lined up and run their hail mary play.

22 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i can get over this loss pretty quickly because this team was gonna get stomped in the next round, whoever they played.  this is not as bad as the Cowboys losing to the Giants in 2007.  that 2007 Cowboys team had a chance to do something. that hurt. this Cowboys team was smoke and mirrors.  they weren't winning another game if they had escaped yesterday.

Agree with all of this. I had a hard time getting too invested because I knew this team didn’t have what it took to win a championship. Teams that lead the league in penalties typically don’t win Super Bowls and I have no faith in McCarthy to clean that up. McCarthy having a history of being straight up inept with regards to managing the clock in tight situations also didn’t give me much faith that we could win right games like yesterday. He was an uninspired hire who wasted most of Aaron Rogers career.

13 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Non-issue if Trent Williams puts his hand on the ground 

You've blamed Trent Williams three times (at least) for this vs blaming the mega error prone Jimmy G for not being patient and giving his in motion LT tackle enough time to get set. Even Shanahan put that one on Jimmy.

• Hook 'Em 1

32 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

Yep. Stick this team in just about any other division and they miss the playoffs.

They do have talent though, they’re just a boneheaded team led by a boneheaded coach hired by a bonehead owner.

This has been the case every single year since Jimmy was fired with the exception of parcels but Jerry made sure to fuck that up right quick. The Switzer team that won the super bowl just had too much talent to fuck it up every year and drew a favorable super bowl opponent in 1995. 

It starts at the top and that ain’t changing. I stopped getting emotionally invested in it years ago because what happened yesterday will just keep on happening.

9 minutes ago, Bartles said:

Has anyone seen whether there's a rule for if the replay booth had buzzed down with 1-2 seconds left to re-spot the ball? It should have been back around the 26 yard line where Dak started his slide. Presumably they could have lined up and run their hail mary play.

Yes , I guess you haven't heard but the NFL has finally admitted they fucked the Cowboys out of that game. Finally succumbing after the barrage of complaints from Cowboy fans online, the NFL has made the unprecedented move of agreeing to change the outcome of completed game.  Based on fan voting, the league has agreed to restart the game from the point that Cowboys fans believe, via online poll,  was the worst screwjob by the officiating crew. At that point a 12 year old fan from Southlake, Skylar McMorris, will pick the game back up on PS5 Madden 22. Skylar was chosen because he was deemed to be the most knowledgeable fan in the entire Cowboys fanbase. Be sure to go vote at the official online poll site www.cowboyfansneverstopcrying.com and let your opinion be heard! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

You've blamed Trent Williams three times (at least) for this vs blaming the mega error prone Jimmy G for not being patient and giving his in motion LT tackle enough time to get set. Even Shanahan put that one on Jimmy.

Yep. Jimmy G tried his best towards the end to give the Cowboys this game, they just didn’t want it. 

13 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Well, his team won 3 Super Bowls after he fired Landry.  Just sayin'.

It wasn't the firing of Landry, but how it was handled.   A lot of fans had grown accustomed to the class of Landry, and Jones was the polar opposite.  

Those first SBs happened because he listened to JJ and didn't interfere.  And the Walker trade was big.  If there was ever a cake to be baked it was the team Switzer stepped into.

Like Pescado and Kimball said, it's always been about Jones' ego.  

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

I'm long past considering this stuff painful.

There's actually a certain morbid fascination to the how the Cowboys consistently pull this off. They can't even simply lose like a normal team. There's always something freakish about it.

11 hours ago, futureman said:

this is a great description of where some of us are as fans. where we have been pushed. 

I’ve been this way for decades. If we win, great. If we lose a game that ends a season that we shouldn’t, the aftermath is always entertaining. I haven’t gotten upset in decades. 

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

This has been the case every single year since Jimmy was fired with the exception of parcels but Jerry made sure to fuck that up right quick. The Switzer team that won the super bowl just had too much talent to fuck it up every year and drew a favorable super bowl opponent in 1995. 

It starts at the top and that ain’t changing. I stopped getting emotionally invested in it years ago because what happened yesterday will just keep on happening.

The last thing I want to do is stick up for the Jones clan, but how exactly is this season Jerry's fault?  The answer has traditionally been "Jerry sucks as a GM", which I agree with.  But he's not really the GM, and hasn't really been since the Johnny Manziel card was taken out of his hand.  Will McClay is behind all the personnel decisions now, and some combination of Jerry/Stephen rubber stamps them. 

I guess you can blame him for the McCarthy hire, but that's the job of the owner, not the GM.  I guess I'm just not seeing how to blame Jerry for this, it seems to me they assembled the personnel you need for a deep playoff run, and the playcalling and lack of execution was to blame for the wildcard loss. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I’ve been this way for decades. If we win, great. If we lose a game that ends a season that we shouldn’t, the aftermath is always entertaining. I haven’t gotten upset in decades. 

This is me.  Almost enjoy the f-ups as much as the wins.