My First Game..Who Cares Just Win Game Thread V ISU

RockyMountainHighHorn

• Pancho changed the title to My First Game..Who Cares Just Win Game Thread V ISU
38 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Haha we were talking about Oklahoma as I was typing and typed the wrong team. My bad. Most likely delete. Son of a 

It's important that you complain about the offense and regale us with its shortcomings like you're dropping knowledge from a burning bush or something.

Apparently it's some kind of mysterious rite of passage for people seeing their first game of the season.

Oh, you mean first game at the FEC. Oh, well never mind then. I hope you have a great time, and absolutely I don't care if they score one point in the last umpty minutes of the game as long as it provides the winning margin. Just win, back atcha!

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

It's important that you complain about the offense and regale us with its shortcomings like you're dropping knowledge from a burning bush or something.

Bonus missions:

- Complain every time Courtney Ramey turns the ball over or misses a shot.

- Comment on at least 70% of the foul calls against Texas.

- Bitch about FEC attendance, game day production, and Texas fans.

- Turn the game off if Texas gets down 8 points at any point.

12 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I’ve got to figure out how the hell I’m gonna watch

This Des Moines Register article says it will be available on ESPN+, which may or may not be helpful to you. I'd assume it is, just because so many of the Big 12 games are televised there. Word of warning, though, sometimes that ESPN+ thing doesn't work with LHN. Hopefully that's not the case here. No doubt someone will hook you up with a link regardless. 

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/cyclone-insider/2022/02/03/how-watch-livestream-iowa-state-basketball-vs-texas-longhorn-network-channel-espn/6639312001/

4 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

This Des Moines Register article says it will be available on ESPN+, which may or may not be helpful to you. I'd assume it is, just because so many of the Big 12 games are televised there. Word of warning, though, sometimes that ESPN+ thing doesn't work with LHN. Hopefully that's not the case here. No doubt someone will hook you up with a link regardless. 

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/story/sports/college/iowa-state/cyclone-insider/2022/02/03/how-watch-livestream-iowa-state-basketball-vs-texas-longhorn-network-channel-espn/6639312001/

LHN games can be access via the WatchESPN app with a cable subscription. ESPN+ subscription does not automatically get you access to LHN games 

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

we're favored by 8.5??

Yeah that seems a bit excessive. Iowa St has played better than the odds makers expect in away/neutral games (5-2 ATS with 4 straight up wins as the underdog). I expect us to win but Iowa St seems like the bet here. 

Edited by Blotto

Yeah that seems a bit excessive. Iowa St has played better than the odds makers expect in away/neutral games (5-2 ATS with 4 straight up wins as the underdog). I expect us to win but Iowa St seems like the bet here. 

We generally play like shit in Austin. I wouldn’t be surprised if you guys cover