My First Game..Who Cares Just Win Game Thread V ISU

RockyMountainHighHorn

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

this giving the new stadium a nickname is a beating.  you know Galindo just wants to be part of it.  He keeps trying to force nicknames on other players over the years regularly.  he doesn't seem like a douche he's just completely fucking lame.

I'm going with "the helipad"

It does need a nickname though.

we have 80 places in this town with Moody on them and I need a different name to k ow immediately if we’re talking about the new basketball arena.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ztejas said:

These are 2 really, really good defensive teams. ISU is 6th in adjusted D. 

53 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

exactly.  their D isn't that good, we are just anemic on offense.

I admire you for never letting actual data get in they way of your opinions. Then again, I'm sure @LTtxfan's eye test would only have ISU ranked 22-25 in Adjusted D.  

• Haha 3

Just now, UTexasFight said:

It does need a nickname though.

we have 80 places in this town with Moody on them and I need a different name to k ow immediately if we’re talking about the new basketball arena.

fair enough. it needs to happen organically.  gopher is stupid, the helipad is stupid but not in the same stratosphere as gopher.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

BTW, one of the things this Texas team is amazing at that we take completely for granted on this board is how good they are against other teams' best wing/back court scorers. Brockington had 8 in the first half, but with 6m left he only has 2 in the 2nd half.

Ramey put on an absolute clinic on D today. 

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I admire you for never letting actual data get in they way of your opinions. Then again, I'm sure @LTtxfan's eye test would only have ISU ranked 22-25 in Adjusted D.  

they are good, they just aren't that good.  we scored 63  and were given wide open 3's on the reg this game.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

.739% overall record / .600% conference record as of today.

Five of our remaining eight games are against teams ranked much higher than us.  

I don't think we'll match Shaka's last year, percentage-wise.  But our terrific defense might actually win us a tournament game!

image.thumb.png.e047252630a5ef0af60355e66d2c54ab.png

We are taking a minimum of 4 more losses. 20-10 (10-8) is very likely. Win a game in the conf tournament and then actually win an NCAAT game! 

To me, the difference was getting Bishop plenty of minutes.  He is improving every single game.  He plays confident defense and goes aggressively after boards. He brings toughness and athleticism.  He actually dunked!  He also turns it over less and shoots a higher percentage than Tre Mitchell and Dylan Disu.

The team also plays better when Brock gets minutes.  He just does a lot of little things that make us better. Extra tap-out offensive possessions.  Extra passes leading to 3s.  Drawn charges.  For the first 6 conference games we were 3-3 against a weaker slate and he was averaging 8.7 mpg.  Over the last 5 games he is averaging 16.8 min and we are 4-1.  He has also really upped his rebounding and steals and almost never turns it over.

In my opinion, their minutes need to come from Mitchell.  While he has a more skilled offensive game, he simply turns it over too much and makes too many bad decisions.  Since the last ISU game, he is averaging almost 3 turnovers per game.  He turned it over more TODAY than Cunningham has turned it over in his last 13 GAMES COMBINED. A team like ours has to have offensive efficiency and Mitchell kills it.  I think he may turn into a great player with another year in the system, but I don't think he gives us the best shot this year.  

Come March, for the bug guys, I would be targeting 30 min for Bishop, 20 for Cunningham and then 20 split between Mitchell and Disu with Timmy Allen getting 10 at the 4 when we go small.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

First game at the FEC for me somehow. Have seen them play other places but not here. Excited to watch before the new arena! Let’s cap it off with a needed win! Hook Em! 1 Pm Central Start 

Starting a game thread for a W gets you some rep.

Well done, sir, even if you did think we were playing the Pokes.