I need a scorecard for socks

Beau Vine

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Immortal13 = 4doorsMoreWhores (or Bravo?) (or both?)
GRuHorn = Immaculate Vibes
Rex Kramer = DrBeeper = Porterhouse
Derka = Shadow Operative
spystud = Shadow Operative 2.0
Grendel = Brisket

Please correct or add more.

I’m not a sock. I am Dr. Beeper. I got into a pissing match with immamac that was really stupid on my part. I’m not Rex Kramer. I’ve said this multiple times. It’s like the more I deny it the less peeps believe and so occasionally I’d made comments that I was Rex, but mostly ignored those comments altogether  

I’ve never denied I was Beeper and so I don’t know how that qualifies as a sock. 

1 minute ago, Porterhouse said:

I’m not a sock. I am Dr. Beeper. I got into a pissing match with immamac that was really stupid on my part. I’m not Rex Kramer. I’ve said this multiple times. It’s like the more I deny it the less peeps believe and so occasionally I’d made comments that I was Rex, but mostly ignored those comments altogether  

I’ve never denied I was Beeper and so I don’t know how that qualifies as a sock. 

You should claim me as your fucking sock. Own it you little sniveling bitch. 

17 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Immortal13 = 4doorsMoreWhores (or Bravo?) (or both?)
GRuHorn = Immaculate Vibes
Rex Kramer = DrBeeper = Porterhouse
Derka = Shadow Operative
spystud = Shadow Operative 2.0
Grendel = Brisket

Please correct or add more.

I think these are all correct. I’m retracting the bravo sock allegation. 

I thought Beau Vine was/is a professor at some nearby public university.  I thought Rocko was the guy who posted paystubs and pics of his corvette, two totally different personas.  I dunno.  

I think I'm a sock for the simulation.  Had something to do with my memory accident at Los Alamos.  Like some kinda "Quantum Leap"...where's Ziggy?

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

I thought Beau Vine was/is a professor at some nearby public university.  I thought Rocko was the guy who posted paystubs and pics of his corvette, two totally different personas.  I dunno.  

I think I'm a sock for the simulation.  Had something to do with my memory accident at Los Alamos.  Like some kinda "Quantum Leap"...where's Ziggy?

Dude, it was sarcasm. To my knowledge Rocko has been gonzo since the days of Shaggy. All that hate finally burned him up, and he’s yawning at his sport coat with the price tag still on it. 

26 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

Dude, it was sarcasm. To my knowledge Rocko has been gonzo since the days of Shaggy. All that hate finally burned him up, and he’s yawning at his sport coat with the price tag still on it. 

I vaguely recall Rocko being on Surly in the early days for all of a hot second, but I could be wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
18 minutes ago, South Austin said:
I vaguely recall Rocko being on Surly in the early days for all of a hot second, but I could be wrong.

He was, his last activity was in May of 2018 per his profile. Good old corvette pictures and pay stub posting.

So he lasted about two months. Nice work, guys.

On 2/6/2022 at 1:08 PM, Lobo said:

I love the image of professor beau vine pulling up to the teacher's parking lot in a red vette so much.  It is written.  Beau Vine is Rocko, Rocko is Beau Vine.  Post a pay stub and do some bench presses BV

• Drool 1

Really?  Shit, I had no idea.  I think I remember the Corvette picture but wasn't on the site IIRC when the whole paystub battle went down.  

We've talked about classes and ideas for lectures on here before but I didn't know it was Rocko.  Who's the guy who went on the paid lights tour in his own neighborhood then?  I don't know how y'all keep these backstories straight in your heads.  I barely know what the fuck is going on in real life with people's real names.  

9 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Turkey Chew = Donkey Cigars = [any Animal + Tobacco Product username]

Donkey Cigars = Monkey Cigarette = Turkey Chew

I would argue against the term sock in this case as I am same person and making zero attempts to obfuscate. In fact I expect this to be the last iteration as the neg rep harassment from a cabal of two or three people has been outlawed and the offenders warned.

Edited by TurkeyChew
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 5

13 minutes ago, G650 said:

Who else would pick Macklemore as a name

Ok, there's that.  But seriously, Iconoclast was far and away the stupidest person on this board.  He could always be counted on to wade into a thread about practically anything with a take so idiotic that it's like it was his plan.  I once suggested that he try out Costanza's Opposite scheme for a week, and I was being completely sincere.  

I don't see that from Macklemore.  Also, the Houston Cougars went to the Final Four last year, and didn't even comment in the thread.  

14 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Ok, there's that.  But seriously, Iconoclast was far and away the stupidest person on this board.  He could always be counted on to wade into a thread about practically anything with a take so idiotic that it's like it was his plan.  I once suggested that he try out Costanza's Opposite scheme for a week, and I was being completely sincere.  

I don't see that from Macklemore.  Also, the Houston Cougars went to the Final Four last year, and didn't even comment in the thread.  

Oh, it's definitely him. 100%, no doubt about it. He showed up exactly when Icono vanished with the same takes on specific posters that Icono had (e.g. he hated my guts before I had any interaction with "Macklemore"). He's posted about how great Iran was before the Muslims took over, his history as a Pat Buchanan voter in 1996, his effusive love for Tucker Carlson, his preference for Catholic integralism and his appreciation of Adrian Vermeule. Sure multiple posters can like Tucker, but I don't think anyone else has ever mentioned being a Buchanan voter and certainly nobody else on Surly has ever talked about shit like integralism or Adrian Vermeule except for Icono. Those are pretty specific and esoteric preferences, at least among this community. There's other examples too, this is just what my memory and two minutes of search found.  What's more likely, someone just like Icono (I'm talking same age, experiences, AND weird views) showed up right as he disappeared, or he just made a new name?  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Oh, it's definitely him. 100%, no doubt about it. He showed up exactly when Icono vanished with the same takes on specific posters that Icono had (e.g. he hated my guts before I had any interaction with "Macklemore"). He's posted about how great Iran was before the Muslims took over, his history as a Pat Buchanan voter in 1996, his effusive love for Tucker Carlson, his preference for Catholic integralism and his appreciation of Adrian Vermeule. Sure multiple posters can like Tucker, but I don't think anyone else has ever mentioned being a Buchanan voter and certainly nobody else on Surly has ever talked about shit like integralism or Adrian Vermeule except for Icono. Those are pretty specific and esoteric preferences, at least among this community. There's other examples too, this is just what my memory and two minutes of search found.  What's more likely, someone just like Icono (I'm talking same age, experiences, AND weird views) showed up right as he disappeared, or he just made a new name?  

Yeah, but I still have trouble believing that he managed to not comment in the Final Four thread last year with Cougar High in it, or the World Series thread from the fall with the Astros.  In fact, I have never seen Macklemore riding the jock of any Houston team, like Icono used to always do.

Edit:  This does sound like him:

But he also seems to be a UGa fan:

Edited by Beau Vine

On 2/8/2022 at 11:21 AM, Lobo said:

Really?  Shit, I had no idea.  I think I remember the Corvette picture but wasn't on the site IIRC when the whole paystub battle went down.  

We've talked about classes and ideas for lectures on here before but I didn't know it was Rocko.  Who's the guy who went on the paid lights tour in his own neighborhood then?  I don't know how y'all keep these backstories straight in your heads.  I barely know what the fuck is going on in real life with people's real names.  

Wide E Wide. He was great alltime poster on the Shag who doesn't post any more but pretty sure he still lurks.

He pinged me( one ping only) on the 6ATexas Football board about 4-5 months ago.  Miss that motherfucker.  Boy could he bring it in a knock down, drag out thread.  LOLz.

7 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Beau Vine is right and you’re wrong. I’m not Icono. I don’t know how many times I have to tell you that. I hate the Texans, don’t like Cougar High and don’t participate in CR. If you read the Times or WSJ you’ll come across op-Ed’s written by people like Prof. Vermuele. It’s not like he is some unknown mystic or something. He is the #1 scholar in America when it comes to Admin Law and is a professor at Harvard for Christ’s sake. His new book on common good Constitutionalism is coming out next week and had an op-Ed just last week in the Times.

Edited by Macklemore
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 2/9/2022 at 9:52 AM, wildcat09 said:

Don't forget his odd obsession with defending the British monarchy.