Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

Baylan's plan...

Possible leaks/spoilers discussion. You are warned.

Reveal hidden contents

When the Purrgils first appeared in Rebels, we all thought it was a bone to throw for the kids. No one could expect them to play this big of a role in the SW universe as they are. So it's pretty clear that Filoni introduces shit with a very specific reason to be revealed later which leads me to the Mortis arc, The Father, Son, and Daughter. We got a very cool and weird reference to how grand the Force is in those 3 eps in CWs. Then we kinda didn't see anything about them again until years later when they appeared as murals which lead to the WBW. BTW, it we very deliberate that Ezra had to manipulate the Daughter's hand to enter the WBW. Hopefully we'll get reasons on that.

In the leaks that I read, it said that the Mortis 3 originated on this same planet, Peridea, that the Night Sisters are exiled to. Yes in the Mortis Arc, the 3 resided at Mortis but it was a choice of the Father to imprison them there as to not affect the real world of their Force balance struggles. The leaks could be true that they are originally from Peridea.

My ponderings. So...could the voice which is calling to Baylan be the Son? If Anakin is the Father, Ashoka is the Daughter, then we don't have a human portrayal of the Son. Could the Son be calling out to Baylan to complete his original plan in the Mortis arc, which was to escape Mortis into the real world? But wait, Anakin killed the Son. Did he though? The Mortis Gods could only be killed by the Dagger of Mortis. The Daugher was stabbed by the Son with the Dagger and she gave her remaining life force to Ahsoka. The Father killed himself with the Dagger. As the Son and Father embraced, Anakin stabbed both the Son and Father with his light saber supposedly killing the Son. BUT, the Son cannot be killed unless with the Dagger.

Also when asked by Anakin upon meeting the Son if he was a Sith, the Son replied that he was both was and was not. This would jibe with Baylan's light saber being orange and not Sith Red. 

Would be awesome and also confusing AF to both casual fans and avid Clone Wars and Rebels fans. 

So good. This thing is exceeding my expectations. Live action Thrawn looks great. The night mothers also. 

I'm going to guess the ends with Ahsoka doing what Sabine couldn't and stranding them all there by destroying the ring. I was thinking Ezra was the gold masked trooper who was somehow turned by the witches. Glad that wasn't the case. What was the design on the bottom of the Chimera Star Destroyer? 

I feel like Baylon wants to end all Jedi/Sith/Empire/Rebels but I'll be damned if I'm not going to just enjoy the ride instead of letting leaks waste the surprise. 

Edited by mdmost

Great episode, my favorite so far.

There were a couple of shots of Baylon that I definitely thought seemed to imply some doubt or ulterior motives behind what he’s doing. Very interested to see how that plays out.

Thrawn was great. Looked like he had maybe missed a couple of core workouts since his time in Rebels but with that voice the character immediately works.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

.A great quote from Dave Filoni on the Star Wars Gallery episode on the making of the Mandalorian season 3:

I think we need a range of stories and experiences in Star Wars that go from being cute and fun to being serious and dark. You knew in the old movies that when Darth Vader showed
up, it was time to get serious. But you knew when it was fun when you see the jowas or ewoks, and it was a little more
 lighthearted. But you also knew that those lighthearted things that seem fun and simple might pay off later in a big way. They might be meaningful. The smallest
lives, the most insignificant people
can sometimes rise up and do the greatest things

• Hook 'Em 2

21 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

While I knew who Thrawn was, this was my first time seeing him on screen.  He exceeded any expectations I had. 

Very glad they kept the voice actor, as he's perfect.  I saw a comment that summed him up nicely (paraphrasing):  He takes 10 steps before anybody else takes one.  

And Timothy Zahn, who created the character in the early 90s has been very happy with his portrayal.

There is no way the chimera makes it back in one piece.  They showed the ring glowing from heat as it came out of hyper space.  I think all are stuck in this galaxy save alternative means.  Makes the most sense to leave them there.  The news of extra galactic travel is too big of a thing to not ascend technologically in the near future.  Morgan Elisabeth built a ship to do it.  They have to bury that for in universe reasons.

New galaxy world be a perfect place to explore some of the now legends stories.

Also,shines actions are selfish from a certain point of view.  Her strong feeling could be the force guiding her to the solution to a bigger problem.  

6 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

But, this episode felt like Star Wars while also feeling like something completely new.

This perfectly sums up my thoughts on the show. This is a very different story that feels well connected to the Star Wars saga and it is so much more interesting than the last 3 movies. In fact, the last 3 movies were so bad, I don't even remember the premise.

They should just make something up about the events from the last 3 movies being pruned off of the timeline because of something that went wrong in the WBW and it disrupted the space time continuum. Those movies can then be removed from SW Canon.

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Per Baylan, it’s a one way trip for Purrgil. 

I think they enter the WBW and find a way back. 

Is it really a one way trip or is it where they just go to die? Because that whole pod agreed to give Ahsoka a ride and it would suck if they had to die for it.

18 minutes ago, F250 said:

This perfectly sums up my thoughts on the show. This is a very different story that feels well connected to the Star Wars saga and it is so much more interesting than the last 3 movies. In fact, the last 3 movies were so bad, I don't even remember the premise.

Somehow... some stuff happened...

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, F250 said:

Is it really a one way trip or is it where they just go to die? Because that whole pod agreed to give Ahsoka a ride and it would suck if they had to die for it.

Didn’t the past witches go back and forth riding them?

23 minutes ago, F250 said:

Those movies can then be removed from SW Canon.

Nothing’s really ever gone…

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Basically Filoni needs complete control over all Star Wars movies and shows.

Then you wouldn't have Andor because he's not doing stories like that. Maybe KK and Lucasfilm finally found the right balance. That's what happens when you let good storytellers do their job. 

Tony Gilroy needs to be involved with Star Wars. Dave is great, but he has a shit ton to learn from guys like Gilroy and Favreau. 

The It saddens me they clipped the Waititi movie. Jojo Rabbit is probably my favorite film of the last few years. He’s quite the filmmaker. 

I’m kind of optimistic with Donald Glover Lando film, but it’ll take him 15 years to make it. I fear the Mouse will get frustrated with his process, assign him a handler, and he’ll just walk. Id like to read whatever Glover has signed with Disney. 

• Hook 'Em 1

29 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Tony Gilroy needs to be involved with Star Wars. Dave is great, but he has a shit ton to learn from guys like Gilroy and Favreau. 

The It saddens me they clipped the Waititi movie. Jojo Rabbit is probably my favorite film of the last few years. He’s quite the filmmaker. 

I’m kind of optimistic with Donald Glover Lando film, but it’ll take him 15 years to make it. I fear the Mouse will get frustrated with his process, assign him a handler, and he’ll just walk. Id like to read whatever Glover has signed with Disney. 

Solo is severely underrated. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They haven't clipped the Taika movie. He can't finish his script, probably because he's doing 50,000 different things at the same time.

And as much as Rian Johnson is hated, he was the one who helped Filoni get to a point where he was ready to do live action stuff. Filoni was on the set for most of The Last Jedi.

"Rian Johnson had me right up next to him with the camera. He shoved lenses into my hand and said, ‘Look through here’. He would bring me along to show me how to block a scene. Rian was so supportive of my interest in doing live-action, as was his producer, Ram Bergman. They really made me feel like this was something that I could do.”

Pretty good ratings so far:

Disney+ managed to break through the streaming noise with another title on Nielsen’s charts for the week of August 21 to August 27.

The latest Star Wars spinoff Ahsoka fought its way to No. 5 on the overall list and No. 2 among streaming originals with the Tuesday release of the series’ first two episodes. With just under a week of viewing, the episodes tallied 829M viewing minutes.

Nielsen credits Disney’s strategy to revive appointment viewing among streaming audiences, since new episodes of Ahsoka launched on Tuesday evenings, a time when many viewers would be able to tune in sooner rather than later to avoid spoilers.

image-4.png?resize=910,511

Edited by mdmost
  • Rage+1 1

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

Then you wouldn't have Andor because he's not doing stories like that. Maybe KK and Lucasfilm finally found the right balance. That's what happens when you let good storytellers do their job. 

You don't think he would have greenlit Andor? If so why

7 minutes ago, Smax said:

You don't think he would have greenlit Andor? If so why

What part of Andor screams Filoni at all? It's a show about normal people doing things behind the scenes. It's not Jedis, space whales, worlds beyond worlds. It's raw, dirty, and shows rebellion at the root level. It's way too adult for Filoni. I don't think George would've approved it either. I don't think ground level Star Wars is something Filoni has an interest in. I guess Bad Batch would be the closest thing. 

Edited by mdmost

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Pretty good ratings so far:

Disney+ managed to break through the streaming noise with another title on Nielsen’s charts for the week of August 21 to August 27.

The latest Star Wars spinoff Ahsoka fought its way to No. 5 on the overall list and No. 2 among streaming originals with the Tuesday release of the series’ first two episodes. With just under a week of viewing, the episodes tallied 829M viewing minutes.

Nielsen credits Disney’s strategy to revive appointment viewing among streaming audiences, since new episodes of Ahsoka launched on Tuesday evenings, a time when many viewers would be able to tune in sooner rather than later to avoid spoilers.

image-4.png?resize=910,511

Lol at Bluey...but very true at our house. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

What part of Andor screams Filoni at all? It's a show about normal people doing things behind the scenes. It's not Jedis, space whales, worlds beyond worlds. It's raw, dirty, and shows rebellion at the root level. It's way too adult for Filoni. I don't think George would've approved it either. I don't think ground level Star Wars is something Filoni has an interest in. 

I guess we're reading the statement different? I took it as Filoni being the head of Star Wars, think replacing Kennedy not actually writing/directing Andor with that said I think he would greenlight it as it was an excellent script and story and I don't see him being a moron

8 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Ezra looks like a lot of portayals of Jesus. Not the blonde hair, blue eyed catholic version but one of those portayals where they at least try to acknowledge he wasn’t just some lily white dude walking around an area like Israel.

Ezra is literally blue eyed...

There's also no way Jesus had long hair. 

Basically Filoni needs complete control over all Star Wars movies and shows.

He can’t have Andor.

Beat me to it.

Great episode, my favorite so far.
There were a couple of shots of Baylon that I definitely thought seemed to imply some doubt or ulterior motives behind what he’s doing. Very interested to see how that plays out.
Thrawn was great. Looked like he had maybe missed a couple of core workouts since his time in Rebels but with that voice the character immediately works.

Lol I had a similar thought, ol Blue ain’t been missin’ no meals. Happens to the best of us!
  • Haha 2