Star Wars - Ahsoka

UT_OB1

Ezra, man, I like you but you got to pick up the lightsaber again. 

Ezra all peaceful and not a frustrated teenager anymore is killing me!

You got work to do homie. That’s a lot of storm trooper dog tags in your armor, get to laser swording! Even if you weren’t a great swordsman.

But him completely force-stopping Shin’s strike was pretty fucking badass.

Awesome episode and +1 on they better give us an hour long finale. 

All these Disney+ series limit the viewers to 6 or 8 episodes (I guess due to budget?). If that’s the case, condense the first 3 or 4 episodes of story building into into 1.5 or 2 episodes and give the fans more episodes like the final 2 of every season. We have got painfully little Thrawn and Ezra, and have to tie off Ahsoka-Sabine relationship, Hera political bullshit, maybe Ahsoka coming to peace with Anakin, and whatever Baylan is up to all while actually concluding the season (or series?) and stopping Thrawn or see him return to set things in motion for the First Order. Would’ve loved more episodes on the back end, same as Mando S3 and Andor. 

14 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Awesome episode and +1 on they better give us an hour long finale. 

All these Disney+ series limit the viewers to 6 or 8 episodes (I guess due to budget?). If that’s the case, condense the first 3 or 4 episodes of story building into into 1.5 or 2 episodes and give the fans more episodes like the final 2 of every season. We have got painfully little Thrawn and Ezra, and have to tie off Ahsoka-Sabine relationship, Hera political bullshit, maybe Ahsoka coming to peace with Anakin, and whatever Baylan is up to all while actually concluding the season (or series?) and stopping Thrawn or see him return to set things in motion for the First Order. Would’ve loved more episodes on the back end, same as Mando S3 and Andor. 

Agree that we need more time/episodes to wrap up, but I think that's what the movie is going to do, or another season/series (Mando?). 

17 minutes ago, DeepEastTexas said:

Agree that we need more time/episodes to wrap up, but I think that's what the movie is going to do, or another season/series (Mando?). 

We probably won't get the new season of Mando until really late 2024 or early 2025.  God only knows how long until we get the Filoniverse movie.  Doesn't feel like they can wrap this up in 1 more episode. 

Maybe we get an announcement pre- or post-finale that season 2 is greenlit. 

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He's like the blind monk from Rogue One, but much more powerful with his force fighting.

Yeah I think it's pretty cool... Ezra always had his big connection with the natural world, so it would make sense that after a decade in isolation (and with no lightsaber or other weapons) he became even more connected to the point that he became an expert at just using his abilities and the physical environment vs. using weapons. 

I do think we'll see him use the blade at some point but I thought him fighting without weapons was totally fucking cool.

21 minutes ago, Buzzrock said:

There was no reason to have 3PO show up, but I did like it when Chopper wanted to jump across the table at Senator Dickhead.

Was fine with me. Mostly bc you needed to put in the deus ex Leia. And I know they may (?) recast her for the Filoniverse movie, but that wasn’t the time to do it.

Did also set up some of the New Republic bigwigs clearly don’t agree with Leia, hence the Resistance 

Also lulz yes, Chop was about to add to his body count 

Edited by Js1

On 9/26/2023 at 8:38 PM, Js1 said:

NOT LONG ENOUGHHHHHH

On 9/26/2023 at 9:19 PM, Js1 said:

Agreed. So much happened in 38ish minutes this week. Give us a proper 55-60 min 

I'd be fine with a 2hr ep.

On 9/26/2023 at 9:36 PM, DeepEastTexas said:

A Captain Rex without the helmet and with his beard is #1 for me, with Hondo a close second. 

I liked the callback to Empire's asteroid field chase.  "We're going to get pulverized if we stay out here much longer". 

Immediately caught that, too.

17 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

Yeah I think it's pretty cool... Ezra always had his big connection with the natural world, so it would make sense that after a decade in isolation (and with no lightsaber or other weapons) he became even more connected to the point that he became an expert at just using his abilities and the physical environment vs. using weapons. 

I do think we'll see him use the blade at some point but I thought him fighting without weapons was totally fucking cool.

My take as well.  Makes total sense that someone who always was in-tune with the world around him would have a deep connection with the the Force.  Him whipping up with just Force Push and Force Pull was impressive.

13 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

There was no reason to have 3PO show up, but I did like it when Chopper wanted to jump across the table at Senator Dickhead.

Someone had to get Leia's message to that committee.  R2's off with Luke, so who else would she send? Plus, it gave all of us the chance to yell "THREEPIO!!!:

Oh, and C1-10P is fucking awesome; I never thought a droid could rival R2-D2 for #1 on the droid list, but damn if he isn't 1 or 1A.

Also, did anyone else catch Anakin tell Snips to "trust your instincts" during his training holo?  Qui Gon, who believed in the Living Force and "feel; don't think. Trust your instincts," trained Obi-Wan who trained Anakin, who trained Ahsoka. The philosophies of masters transmit down through their padawans, and on again. Nice touch.

Thrawn also showed restraint by not telling Morgan to shut the fuck up. I'm the Grand Admiral, I'm the master strategist, you're my lacky.  Now please stop interrupting me with stupid questions and even worse tactical suggestions.

Baylon seeming to abandon Shinn... a final test for her, perhaps? "Survive, and you are fit to serve along side me." Interesting, as he seemed to show concern for her a few eps ago when Ahsoka Force Pushed her into a column at the Stonehenge-esque location. Perhaps using Shin as a distraction/cover while he goes off to find whatever (or whomever) he was searching? Either way... I'll say it again: what a shame that Ray passed away. He's killing it as Baylon.

• Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Think about the actor playing that role for a moment.....

They could cgi a more gaunt version.

does anyone else occasionally get annoyed at the disregard for physics with this universe about force and laser swords and intergalactic travel?

It only seems to bother me with flight. Like a star destroyer that’s in a planetary atmosphere and in theory subject to gravity being able to stay airborne despite any apparent lift, and hover over a spot.  And then I’m the debris field ahsoka was flying fast for no reason. Nobody was chasing them, and hiyang said as much, so slow down and steer around the stuff!

also is huyang the only droid engineered to blink?

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

They could cgi a more gaunt version.

does anyone else occasionally get annoyed at the disregard for physics with this universe about force and laser swords and intergalactic travel?

It only seems to bother me with flight. Like a star destroyer that’s in a planetary atmosphere and in theory subject to gravity being able to stay airborne despite any apparent lift, and hover over a spot.  And then I’m the debris field ahsoka was flying fast for no reason. Nobody was chasing them, and hiyang said as much, so slow down and steer around the stuff!

also is huyang the only droid engineered to blink?

here you go, nerd out

7 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Lol I love that the Star Wars nerds have labeled Chop as the most dangerous droid.

He has roughly 50,019 kills, and he’s tried to kill Ezra twice in season 1 of rebels.

So yeah his lounge was absolutely with bad intentions!

Fuck yeah.

Chooper is absolutely a sociopath who only thinks of murder all day long. 

I love him so much.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 hours ago, oSuJeff97 said:

In the Star Wars universe, pretty much all crafts are equipped with technology called “repulsolift.” It’s essentially anti-gravity technology that is a derivative of hyperspace technology.

There are very small versions (think land speeders or speeder bikes that just hover right about the ground as they go) or very large ones in, say, an Imperial Star Destroyer.

They are used to enable crafts to “hover” in atmosphere and also to counteract high g-force acceleration forces in starfigheters in combat situations.

The “inverse” technology of the repulsolift is the technology that can create a localized gravity well to basically have gravity on large ships while in space. Very large versions of this technology is also used in Interdictor-class Star Destroyers that can literally pull ships out of hyperspace and/or not allow ships within a localized area to jump to hyperspace.

Yes I’m a huge fucking nerd.

Ok I’m going to the well one more time here- these repulsolifts seem to be largely imperceptible visually.  Yet forward thrust both in atmosphere and in space on pretty much all craft are things that look a lot like jet engine exhaust with afterburners, or rocket engines. 
it would probably look like toys on a wire if there were no such effects and that’s probably the real answer there, but is there a ginned up explanation as to why forward propulsion requires rear mounted rocket looking stuff when they can defy gravity without such?

ill stfu now and enjoy the space opera/western 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Ok I’m going to the well one more time here- these repulsolifts seem to be largely imperceptible visually.  Yet forward thrust both in atmosphere and in space on pretty much all craft are things that look a lot like jet engine exhaust with afterburners, or rocket engines. 
it would probably look like toys on a wire if there were no such effects and that’s probably the real answer there, but is there a ginned up explanation as to why forward propulsion requires rear mounted rocket looking stuff when they can defy gravity without such?

Yes the repulsorlifts are mounted internally - I imagine around or near (or even part of?) the hyperdrive since it's part of the same technology.

And I've never thought about it but I guess the analogy I would make is like a blimp. The chamber filled with helium lifts the blimp off the ground, but forward propulsion requires the use of propellers. 

So the repulsorlifts are like the helium chamber and the ion engines are like the propellers.  As for the "toy on a wire" thing I imagine the idea is that they can some what control the amount of "buoyancy" provided and/or the power of the ion engines and maneuvering thrusters easily overcomes the anti-gravity effects. And I'm sure the idea is that it's not unlike fly-by-wire systems in modern aircraft where powerful computers can monitor and adjust how all of the various systems work together to achieve the desired result.

That's the best I've got. I'm sure some nerds in the corners of the Star Wars internet have a better explanation.

That annoying video guy also mentioned some inertia based anti gravity whatchamacallit that significantly reduces the weight of the craft in atmosphere.