Ukraine War

BehoId, The Underminer!

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm extremely surprised that you jumped in at the mention of Romney to take Barack Obama to task for comments made 10 years ago understating the threat Russia has always posed to the United States. 

Is there anything that's happened in the decade since, specifically with respect to Presidential candidates and Presidents, regarding US public acknowledgement of the threat Russia poses that you may have forgotten to mention every day for over half that decade? Anything at all? 

I'm responding to posts made about that event. I'll discuss Trumps dumb ass comments as well, if that makes you feel better.

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

From an economic domination thing yeah, from a military we wanna kill you thing no, it's Russia still.  China wants us as a valuable economic vassal state. Russia wants to crush us, and take over our country physically.

lol jesus christ

Russia is so focused on crushing the United States and physically occupying the country that they are... *checks notes*... Have deployed an outright majority of their ground forces in an invasion of the U.S. state of... *checks again*... Ukraine?

You seemed reasonable on the DT thread. Something about this one has broken your brain.

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I'm extremely surprised that you jumped in at the mention of Romney to take Barack Obama to task for comments made 10 years ago understating the threat Russia has always posed to the United States. 

Is there anything that's happened in the decade since, specifically with respect to Presidential candidates and Presidents, regarding US public acknowledgement of the threat Russia poses that you may have forgotten to mention every day for over half that decade? Anything at all? 

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I'm responding to posts made about that event. I'll discuss Trumps dumb ass comments as well, if that makes you feel better.

Unsurprisingly you missed the point. Trump's comments have been discussed already and somehow you missed them I guess. But as soon as Romney was mentioned you were ready to jump in and make a connection to something Obama said. You're transparent and I'm just letting you know. 

Just now, gmr548 said:

lol jesus christ

Russia is so focused on crushing the United States and physically occupying the country that they are... *checks notes*... Have deployed an outright majority of their ground forces in an invasion of the U.S. state of... *checks again*... Ukraine?

You seemed reasonable on the DT thread. Something about this one has broken your brain.

You think invading Ukraine isn't an attempt to consolidate power against the US, and NATO ? It does a couple things, it gives him an invasion route buffer, and secures valuable warm water ports. Putins invasion of Ukraine is a lynch pin of potential future moves against the US and the west.

1 minute ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

You think invading Ukraine isn't an attempt to consolidate power against the US, and NATO ? It does a couple things, it gives him an invasion route buffer, and secures valuable warm water ports. Putins invasion of Ukraine is a lynch pin of potential future moves against the US and the west.

And that is a far, far cry from the dumbfuck nonsense you typed.

The diversity of absolutely insane takes this shit has generated is impressive. Left, right, and center, everyone online has lost their damned minds. Meanwhile, the obvious good and correct take has essentially been the official response from nearly every country in the world. 

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

And that is a far, far cry from the dumbfuck nonsense you typed.

Really ?  The OP was my stated end goal of a Putin type, and the follow up was the description of one of the tactics he would use to move toward that goal.  You seriously don't think I meant he was going to take us on directly right now or any time in the near future for that matter.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Let’s be honest here  Mr Obama ridiculed Me. Romney  onstage for making such a stoopid  statement 

his Comment was the 1980s called they want their foreign-policy back a single  ignorant thing for him to say and showed that he had no idea what he was talking about when it came to Geo political politics

And Trump ridiculed the US for Putin onstage in Helsinki. What’s your point?

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

The diversity of absolutely insane takes this shit has generated is impressive. Left, right, and center, everyone online has lost their damned minds. Meanwhile, the obvious good and correct take has essentially been the official response from nearly every country in the world. 

I think NATO has played this mostly right given its an unwinnable situation. I hope we'll see a strong commitment to care for refugees, of which there will be millions. I'd also really lean in to trying to demoralize Russian troops and enticing them to surrender/defect.

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Really ?  The OP was my stated end goal of a Putin type, and the follow up was the description of one of the tactics he would use to move toward that goal.  You seriously don't think I meant he was going to take us on directly right now or any time in the near future for that matter.

"Russia wants to crush us, and take over our country physically." - Onboard 2.0

They do not. That is not the end goal. That is dumb as fuck.

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

Well, you know, if we GIVE it to them they're not gonna turn it down.

#letsgobrandon

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

on cnn last night, clapper was saying that seeing the convoy makes “you drool” over how easy it would be to take out. horrible convoy discipline, etc. 

the convoy has been stalled for 36 hours

it's almost like it's parked in the open on purpose

emulating vlad-mind.....

.... i can see him thinking he can draw the west in to annihlating the convoy

.... stupid from our perspective ....

.... from his perspective possibly "logical"

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, gmr548 said:

I think NATO has played this mostly right given its an unwinnable situation. I hope we'll see a strong commitment to care for refugees, of which there will be millions. I'd also really lean in to trying to demoralize Russian troops and enticing them to surrender/defect.

You, and Dahobbs should have lunch, and discuss how great, and misunderstood Russia is....

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Yeah, I thought I'd seen some dumb takes, and I've seen a metric shitton of dumb takes, but "Russia wants to physically conquer the US" might take the cake. 

And they have most of their nukes pointed as us because ? And their military doctrine since 1946 has changed to defeat what country that's not the US ultimately  ?

12 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Holy shit I’m gonna lose my fucking mind if I have to hear about Ukraine and their fucking warm water ports. Do you understand that Russia was a Black Sea nation and has a huge ass port there before the invasion and that you can have a million Black Sea ports and it don’t make a shit as long as Turkey has the Bosporus and Dardanelles? No one is sitting in the gotdamn Kremlin taking about warm water ports. 

• Hook 'Em 4

27 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

From an economic domination thing yeah, from a military we wanna kill you thing no, it's Russia still.  China wants us as a valuable economic vassal state. Russia wants to crush us, and take over our country physically.

Russia does not want to take over the physical landmass of the United States any more than the United States wants to take over the landmass of Russia. That is a tired and worn out red baiting narrative.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

And they have most of their nukes pointed as us because ? And their military doctrine since 1946 has changed to defeat what country that's not the US ultimately  ?

...you think they have nukes pointed at us so they can irradiate our entire country and then move in?

Do you smell toast?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

There is often overlooked: independently Ukraine has enough natural gas reserves to supply its own needs and export and Putin doesn't want them to do that w/o his control.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

emulating vlad-mind.....

My thoughts as well. Seems like bait. 

25 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

emulating vlad-mind.....

It does seem like a honeypot of sorts, to coerce someone, anyone really, from NATO to go be the hero and bomb this imminent threat in order to give Russia the reason to escalate things quickly as a response. As this war drags on, the purposefulness of any move they make appears to be less cunning and planning, and more incompetence and stupidity. I think they may be out of fuel and supplies, and stuck on a road with an insurgent force all around them. They may be somewhat aware of it at this point, and not want to push in further.

It seems to me Russia thought they would roll in and be greeted as liberators, but instead they are being treated as invaders. They should have learned that lesson from the US back in 2003. Some people just never learn from history. Kind of like, never push a land based attack of Russia in the winter...

Edited by Dutchrudder

Just now, Lagunamadre said:

My thoughts as well. Seems like bait. 

Y’all give Vlad too much credit. “Yes I’m going to park billions in military hardware outside the city I’m bombing just to see if “the west” will blow it up! It’s brilliant.”  

Or maybe perhaps his troops do not want to fight/die and are looking for every logistical excuse not to advance. I dunno

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Y’all give Vlad too much credit. “Yes I’m going to park billions in military hardware outside the city I’m bombing just to see if “the west” will blow it up! It’s brilliant.”  

Or maybe perhaps his troops do not want to fight/die and are looking for every logistical excuse not to advance. I dunno

Or maybe they all have massive diarrhea from those expired tins of meals. Multi-tasking is hard when you're stricken.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

And his approach will absolutely work.

Until it doesn't.

That's sorta true of anything. We've been led to think that governments evolve to the nirvana of democracy. The ancients knew better. They saw the process as revolving from autocracy to anarchy to democracy and to autocracy...

I can't say that I'd thought of things that way until the astonishing election and near re-election of Donald Trump. Right around the time you cooked up the ledge. We've been on a parallel course since then, you and I.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

That's sorta true of anything. We've been led to think that governments evolve to the nirvana of democracy. The ancients knew better. They saw the process as revolving from autocracy to anarchy to democracy and to autocracy...

I can't say that I'd thought of things that way until the astonishing election and near re-election of Donald Trump. Right around the time you cooked up the ledge. We've been on a parallel course since then, you and I.

aww, it's sad you two will never meet

🤣

26 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Holy shit I’m gonna lose my fucking mind if I have to hear about Ukraine and their fucking warm water ports. Do you understand that Russia was a Black Sea nation and has a huge ass port there before the invasion and that you can have a million Black Sea ports and it don’t make a shit as long as Turkey has the Bosporus and Dardanelles? No one is sitting in the gotdamn Kremlin taking about warm water ports. 

Well, I don't know . . .

Black Sea - Wikipedia

46 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Nope. They have air superiority in Ukraine; they won't have that anywhere else. The don't have the Red Army anymore. Even when they did, they didn't invade Europe. Russia hasn't the conventional capability to do anything you mention, nor are they stupid enough to try. 

Written without rancor.

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Nope. They have air superiority in Ukraine; they won't have that anywhere else. The don't have the Red Army anymore. Even when they did, they didn't invade Europe. Russia hasn't the conventional capability to do anything you mention, nor are they stupid enough to try. 

Written without rancor.

Hungary and the Czechs would like a word with you about "invading Europe."  And I am not sure they do have air superiority. If so we would see more of their aircraft hitting targets. 

11 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

Now they need to do that to OAN.

Uh, they are next month.

https://www.npr.org/2022/01/15/1073407803/directv-to-drop-one-america-news-network

DirecTV is dropping One America News Network from its lineup, a surprise move that's sure to deal a massive blow to the network that rose to prominence during the presidency of Donald Trump.

Bloomberg reported Friday that the satellite TV provider notified the owner of OAN, Herring Networks Inc., that it would no longer carry the company's two channels when their contract expires. The other channel, A Wealth of Entertainment, dubs itself a lifestyle channel that features luxury goods.

58 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Except for China.

32 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

It does seem like a honeypot of sorts, to coerce someone, anyone really, from NATO to go be the hero and bomb this imminent threat in order to give Russia the reason to escalate things quickly as a response. As this war drags on, the purposefulness of any move they make appears to be less cunning and planning, and more incompetence and stupidity. I think they may be out of fuel and supplies, and stuck on a road with an insurgent force all around them. They may be somewhat aware of it at this point, and not want to push in further.

It seems to me Russia thought they would roll in and be greeted as liberators, but instead they are being treated as invaders. They should have learned that lesson from the US back in 2003. Some people just never learn from history. Kind of like, never push a land based attack of Russia in the winter...

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence or stupidity. Based on other happenings, this convoy is probably not an intentional decoy. They just ran out of gas because this has been a shitshow from Russia's end.

• Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

Reading the reports, it seems that the Russian soldiers believe they were sent out to engage in war games, not war crimes.

7 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by incompetence or stupidity. Based on other happenings, this convoy is probably not an intentional decoy. They just ran out of gas because this has been a shitshow from Russia's end.

in today's world where almost everything is a conspiracy, occam's razor has lost almost all usefulness.

4 hours ago, 6th Street said:

I have nothing against Mitt. He seems like one of the last remaining sane members of the GOP. His undoing was that stupid "corporations are people too, my friend" comment. 

That and the time he got caught on tape telling a bunch of his rich donors that 47% of the country are poor entitled losers who don’t pay taxes and just want a handout from the government.  

6 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Reading the reports, it seems that the Russian soldiers believe they were sent out to engage in war games, not war crimes.

We may actually be seeing many Russian soldiers acting on a sense of conscience. The Russians don't typically lack for guts. 

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Seriously.  I know nothing about how to convoy military equipment, but they sure do look like sitting ducks for drone strikes or cruise missiles or whatever, all bunched together in a line like that.

Like Iraqis fleeing Kuwait on the “Highway of Death.”

• Hook 'Em 2