2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

I'm sure the coaches don't remember Card looking great all spring and summer, only to treat us to "that" once the season started. I also bet they can't wait to see what Card looks like against Alabama.

I mean, I actually wouldn’t put that past this staff.

The saving grace is there’s zero doubt starting was part of the pitch to Ewers and a condition of him coming here.

And I've had enough of this sentiment. If nothing else I'd like to see a somewhat competitive game, vs. the UCLA 1997 game we could get if things go sideways. 

I’d like to see a lot of things. But, you know…
I grew up in S. Florida you fucking moron.  I don't know or give a shit about high school football in that state or ours.  Take your moronic high school rivalry based on whatever stupid metric you think exists and shove it up your moronic ass.  
Or
I guess we should have shitcanned Michael Dickson as well because he kind of sucked in his first year here.   

lol you really out here calling me and others morons for their opinions on Hudson Card when you can’t even get his classification right after being corrected. I think that’s about all that needs to be said here.
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, Hermanator said:

You think anyone close enough to the organization and staff to watch practice is going to tell the truth to these bumblefucks? They're going to say what the staff wants them to say. It's all a symbiotic set up. Always has been. The coaches get out their propaganda and these con men get to make a living off naive idiots.  

If you goobers want to jerk off to propaganda go right ahead but for fuck's sake don't talk about it like it's fact. 

Hugely underrated comment.

Ewers hasn't taken a snap that meant anything since his junior year of HS. Sark better be prepared on what to do when he sucks because it's almost a given he's going to suck at times this season and lose games. 
If Card can win anything big at all it would be the biggest turnaround in mental toughness I've ever seen or heard of happening. I can't remember the last time I saw a QB turtle like that. I don't know how you develop enough mental toughness to within a year or two go from that to being a warrior. 
So it's a given Card doesnt portal out if he doesnt win the job? He could be gone the day after the spring game, then we're only a sprained pinkie finger away from walkonpalooza directing the offense. Hopefully we have our eye on the portal for a serviceable backup QB looking for new scenery.

13 minutes ago, totallynotabuttpirate said:

Quinn has thrown from just about every arm position in the videos I've seen. A sidearm angle like that is useful if someone's in your face. 

I agree. 

And I felt the same 16-18 years ago. 

But not everyone praised this skill back then.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

I am as high on Ewers as anyone, but it was a routine slant with a clear throwing lane and a walk on in coverage. 

What more do you need to kick off a Heisman campaign? Actual game footage?

Edited by South Austin
gerp
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, gmr548 said:

I’d like to see a lot of things. But, you know…

lol you really out here calling me and others morons for their opinions on Hudson Card when you can’t even get his classification right after being corrected. I think that’s about all that needs to be said here.

See a poster assumed I was for giving a person a chance because of their perceived high school rivalry, when in fact, I do not give a shit about said rivalry and have never cared and it is looking like one of those "accusations is a confession" situations.   Now if that doesn't make sense to you then you should consider eating less paint chips or eating more.   

On 3/22/2022 at 1:42 PM, D3zii said:

May the best man win!!!! Rather that’s Card or Ewers 

I just want to win idc who it is 

Fuck that whole "may the best man win" bullshit. It's Quinn's team, Card will ride the bench. 

And saying you don't care who our QB is, you're gonna care if Card gets any playing time and shits the bed with turnovers and constant 3 and outs. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Overall sources felt like there was a noticeable jump on both sides of the ball this week versus last week. That will likely hurt our ability to interpret info through the lens of zero-sum practices, but it was also somewhat corroborated by two tweets yesterday, one from Xavier Worthy and another from Brennan Marion.

Tuesday‘s practice was described as a winning day for the offense, Thursday the defense won the day. IT asked a source if he felt the coaches have their fingers on the scales a bit with how practice is run and what plays/schemes are being called, and he replied, “That’s part of it. If they’re running something new on one side they might not be as comfortable. I think it’s the players, though, too. There’s a lot of new faces on both sides of the ball and sometimes they have better days than others.”

Quarterbacks: Hudson Card is still predominantly with the ones. Quinn Ewers does take snaps with the ones, but mostly with the twos. Card is more confident, not just as a player but as a teammate. When Sark talks about improved leadership I think he’s talking about guys like Hudson being more vocal. Card is certainly more interactive. That doesn’t mean he’s ready to go through Arkansas like John Wick, just that he’s maturing in ways the position demands.

The arm talent from both was yet again singled out. “Quinn made a crazy throw on Tuesday. He was on the run and launched it way down field.”

Card is still more comfortable at the position and with the playbook. That won’t change in the spring. “Card knows when to scramble and when to stick in the pocket. He’s patient.” This is where practice reports have the potential to fool us because QB’s are off limits from real game experience. One well-placed source said this was Card’s biggest issue last year, going from practice speed to game speed.

Ewers is more of a “gunslinger.” He’s going to let the ball go and let the receivers make a play on it. He thinks he can make every throw, and he pretty much can if he anticipates and reads the coverage right.

Running backs

Bijan Robinson and Roschon Johnson are about as known commodities as you can get, they are gold.

Jaydon Blue was singled out by multiple sources when the question was asked, “any young guys standing out?” The response from one source, “He looks comfortable. Some young guys come in scared but he’s not. He can make defenders miss and has wheels.”

We’ll be curious to hear how he looks Saturday.

Wide receivers

IT referenced Xavier Worthy’s above tweet to a source. What’s different between this year and last at receiver?

“They look better overall. Adding Isaiah Neyor was big. Last year they were young and hadn’t played much. Then they lost Whitt. That’s a more confident group, a more experienced group. It’s a more explosive group, too. They’re getting downfield.”

Offensive line

The first team this week would be: LT Andrej Karic, LG Junior Angilau, C Jake Majors, RG Hayden Conner, and RT Christian Jones.

We also heard Jaylen Garth continues to grow and improve and Cole Hutson is powerful and versatile. Earlier in the week IT reported Hutson would play as a freshman if he stays healthy and continues this trajectory.

Sources wanted to see how these guys looked Saturday versus the D-line before really sharing thoughts.

Defensive line

Similar to O-line, we‘ll be able to go into more depth after the scrimmage. Current thoughts are the group is more advanced versus the run than pass which is probably why they’re re-tooling scheme overall.

Linebackers

It sounds like David Gbenda is having a good start to spring. “Gbenda plays with a lot passion, flies around. Another guy playing with more confidence. Don’t forget about Jaylan Ford. He continues to get better. Jaden Hullaby’s looking good too, he’s making some plays and getting his hands on some balls.”

Phrasing.

Secondary

What comes to mind when you think about the secondary? “There’s a lot of competition. Competition between the defensive backs, competition with the wide receivers.”

Coach Marion talked up Coach Joseph. Is that lip service or is Joseph a good coach? “Joseph knows his stuff, but most importantly I think he knows how to teach it. It doesn’t matter what you know if your players are confused with how you teach it.”

So, Jahdae Barron, huh? “I’ve been telling you since last year it will be tough to keep him on the field. I said that even after they got Ryan Watts.”

Sark has mentioned the secondary has been playing better and more aggressive. It sounds like the guys are faring well in their ‘man’ duties. We’ll see if this continues or is just a teaching phase before they move on to a more zone based identity.

At safety, BJ Allen had a good week that included an interception on Thursday.

The Saturday morning scrimmage will be the first time they tackle to the ground. We hope to have a report very early afternoon.

Edited by Hookem2147

Card will start the first 2 games. In the early 3rd Qtr against Bama, when they have a very comfortable lead and are playing their backups' backups, QE will come in the game and will remain the starter for the rest of the season. We win 6 or 7 regular season games and win a garbage bowl game. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, JFKFC said:

Card will start the first 2 games. In the early 3rd Qtr against Bama, when they have a very comfortable lead and are playing their backups' backups, QE will come in the game and will remain the starter for the rest of the season. We win 6 or 7 regular season games and win a garbage bowl game. 

this sounds like Mack Brown and the OU games. fuck that. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

12 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Nice catch. Unfortunately, it is being reported that Jordan Whittington re-injured his ACL on this play and had to be carted off the field.

Troy Omeire, who is being held out of workouts as a precautionary measure, was also injured and had to be carted off, well.   

Greta-2.gif

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Satya is furious with envy over this post.  

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:

Nice catch. Unfortunately, it is being reported that Jordan Whittington re-injured his ACL on this play and had to be carted off the field.

Troy Omeire, who is being held out of workouts as a precautionary measure, was also injured and had to be carted off, well.   

Greta-2.gif

One cart for you, one cart for you(Opra gif)

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Muny_Tex said:

I expect to post less than 5 times this season; but will offer the following:
Hudson Card absolutely, positively sucks ass and will never be successful at any level besides possibly switching to receiver at a mid-tier FCS school.

TAKE-LOSS-INNA.jpg

1 hour ago, Longboard Horn said:

Fuck that whole "may the best man win" bullshit. It's Quinn's team, Card will ride the bench. 

And saying you don't care who our QB is, you're gonna care if Card gets any playing time and shits the bed with turnovers and constant 3 and outs. 

You saying it doesn't make it true.  Hell, Sark naming him the starter won't even make it Quinn's team. That is earned by on the field success. Having said all that, I do believe it will be Quinn's team but these things take time.

So, Jahdae Barron, huh? “I’ve been telling you since last year it will be tough to keep him on the field. I said thateven after they got Ryan Watts.”

This is a typo, right? Otherwise, it makes no sense.

Also, I don’t neg but fuck the fuckersons with their April Fools bullshit injuries, c’mon man. Like most April Fools jokes, not funny. 

1 hour ago, Hookem2147 said:

Quarterbacks: Hudson Card is still predominantly with the ones. Quinn Ewers does take snaps with the ones, but mostly with the twos. Card is more confident, not just as a player but as a teammate. When Sark talks about improved leadership I think he’s talking about guys like Hudson being more vocal. Card is certainly more interactive. That doesn’t mean he’s ready to go through Arkansas like John Wick, just that he’s maturing in ways the position demands.

Also, IT is still paying Card on a NIL deal. I’m sure that has nothing to do with this closed practice report. 

19 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

You saying it doesn't make it true.  Hell, Sark naming him the starter won't even make it Quinn's team. That is earned by on the field success. Having said all that, I do believe it will be Quinn's team but these things take time.

Guess you missed the part where our star receiver was openly recruiting him on the social medias (while QB1 wasn't even in the portal yet). Cucking Tech made him even more of a hero

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’m pretty sure I’d it’s like most NIL with our university it’s the academic school year 

Not going to get in a long drawn out argument over it with you but there's no minimum days or months for a NIL deal. For instance a player does a one time autograph session at a mall for a company that isn't an academic school year NIL deal.

Not that you care because your mind is made up anyway but Nahlin commented back in like October that they wouldn't be doing it again once the deal ran out at the end of the year. That's why there isn't anymore of those youtube interviews with Card. 

13 hours ago, ousux said:
21 hours ago, Hermanator said:

So it's a given Card doesnt portal out if he doesnt win the job? He could be gone the day after the spring game, then we're only a sprained pinkie finger away from walkonpalooza directing the offense. Hopefully we have our eye on the portal for a serviceable backup QB looking for new scenery.

What team that watched his film from last year is going to bring him in and promise him that he starts?  A&M Kingsville?  I don’t think he’s going anywhere.  

20 minutes ago, Jamaal.25 said:

Guess you missed the part where our star receiver was openly recruiting him on the social medias (while QB1 wasn't even in the portal yet). Cucking Tech made him even more of a hero

Nope, didn't miss anything. Pretty sure WR1 doesn't solely get to choose what QB the team belongs to either, especially if the QB wasn't in the same state much less a member of the team when the posts were made.

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Actual pic of Whittington's ligaments.
medium_Ready-to-Floss-Your-Teeth-Like-the-Pros-Do.jpg.f264321d28cf718a872c8244a7ddb0d2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't get why these kids want to skip the best part of HS. The last semester of senior year was among the best times of my life. Have that experience, enroll in the summer, and if you're good enough you'll play. If not the redshirt will do you good anyway. 

Boring-Posts-2.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic