2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

31 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't get why these kids want to skip the best part of HS. The last semester of senior year was among the best times of my life. Have that experience, enroll in the summer, and if you're good enough you'll play. If not the redshirt will do you good anyway. 

Did you have the opportunity to make 7 figures without taking a snap as an 18 year old? You should admire the kids who can make a business decision like that. 

• Hook 'Em 1

57 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not going to get in a long drawn out argument over it with you but there's no minimum days or months for a NIL deal. For instance a player does a one time autograph session at a mall for a company that isn't an academic school year NIL deal.

Not that you care because your mind is made up anyway but Nahlin commented back in like October that they wouldn't be doing it again once the deal ran out at the end of the year. That's why there isn't anymore of those youtube interviews with Card. 

Calm down Eric, I’m sorry your gamble didn’t payout. 

• Hook 'Em 1

the astros used to have this right fielder named Hunter Pence. He had the worst looking rag arm sideways throw you ever saw. Every opponent would take extra bases  every time he got the ball.....until they began to notice the throws were almost always right on the money accurate. He led the league in put outs.

The point is....it shouldnt make a damn how the ball is thrown as long as it gets there.

• Hook 'Em 1

55 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I don't get why these kids want to skip the best part of HS. The last semester of senior year was among the best times of my life. Have that experience, enroll in the summer, and if you're good enough you'll play. If not the redshirt will do you good anyway. 

Your Opinion Man GIFs | Tenor

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

We already know you peaked in high school Uncle Rico 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Eggo said:

Did you have the opportunity to make 7 figures without taking a snap as an 18 year old? You should admire the kids who can make a business decision like that. 

That was Ewers and the majority of early enroll guys don't have that. But even in Ewers' case if you're that good that money will be waiting for you after you finish HS. 

The vast majority of EE only skip their spring semester but IMO that's a really good time for a young kid's development and experience that you can never buy back again later. 

I don't know if there's even a tangible benefit to it either. Unless you're going to be starting QB as a true freshman you're going to get plenty of time to acclimate to college by enrolling in the summer. How many EE guys are kicking ass playing big minutes their freshman season, and of the few guys that do their talent and physicality is so advanced I think they'd be on the same track without the EE. 

56 minutes ago, BigHornedLurker said:

We already know you peaked in high school Uncle Rico 

I was accepted into an academy summer after graduation to get in with a club team instead of going as a younger youth. I don't regret it at all

Edited by Junior Miller

22 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

That was Ewers and the majority of early enroll guys don't have that. But even in Ewers' case if you're that good that money will be waiting for you after you finish HS. 

The vast majority of EE only skip their spring semester but IMO that's a really good time for a young kid's development and experience that you can never buy back again later. 

I don't know if there's even a tangible benefit to it either. Unless you're going to be starting QB as a true freshman you're going to get plenty of time to acclimate to college by enrolling in the summer. How many EE guys are kicking ass playing big minutes their freshman season, and of the few guys that do their talent and physicality is so advanced I think they'd be on the same track without the EE. 

I was accepted into an academy summer after graduation to get in with a club team instead of going as a younger youth. I don't regret it at all

Is this a serious post? Being an EE gives you a huge advantage towards being ready to play as a freshman. Talented or less talented. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

You claiming banging better than college 8s and above, daily, in your last semester of HS? SMDH.

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

7 hours ago, Atticus said:

Is this a serious post? Being an EE gives you a huge advantage towards being ready to play as a freshman. Talented or less talented. 

Name the EE who were big contributors their true freshman year. 

Then say which of them wouldn't have been contributors if they had finished HS like normal and enrolled in the fall. 

Let’s see, eight months with college coaches/strength and conditioning program, or three months, which could be more beneficial to achieving immediate playing time? I’m having a difficult time sorting this out without a dumb hypothetical argument.

Maybe I shouldn’t have skipped so much high school.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Then say which of them wouldn't have been contributors if they had finished HS like normal and enrolled in the fall. 

I’d tell you to ask God your impossible question, but he’d probably smack you for being so obtuse.

The extra five months repping the system, acclimating to college living, going through D1 s&c, is a massive advantage before you even consider the bigger jumps younger players tend to make than older ones. 

When you are only going to have your best players 3 years the extra 5 months or whatever are probably beneficial from a team perspective. What is best for the kid is a different issue and I can see pros and cons. Ultimately should be his and his family’s choice 

10 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Gunnar Helm last year. Played meaningful snaps for the first 3 games. Not possible without EE. 

28 minutes ago, immamac said:

Gunnar Helm last year. Played meaningful snaps for the first 3 games. Not possible without EE. 

Are you saying he couldn't have posted 0 receptions for 0 yards without that extra time with the team? 

• Haha 4

38 minutes ago, immamac said:

Pardon me, but I haven’t followed this. Is someone seriously arguing coming in early is not benefit? Even the social life is better as football player on a college campus, compared to all the old girls you grew up with. That might not be the case for the normal kid, but it is for a football player 

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Pardon me, but I haven’t followed this. Is someone seriously arguing coming in early is not benefit? Even the social life is better as football player on a college campus, compared to all the old girls you grew up with. That might not be the case for the normal kid, but it is for a football player 

6b2nxu.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Are you saying he couldn't have posted 0 receptions for 0 yards without that extra time with the team? 

Well Sanders was bigger,more athletic, and didn’t come in early and sat behind both early entrants at TE. Go figure

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Can you guess the percentage of other blockers who had 0 receptions for 0 yards last season?

I assume that its the goal for our tight ends group every season, but very few post a perfect season. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

You also get the advantage of an extra semester that doesn't burn eligibility, making it easier to grad transfer should you need to.  

There were hardly any freshman contributors anywhere before early enrollment became popular.  I can name Ricky Williams off the top of my head, but even he played fullback as a freshman.

Edited by JBJ

On 4/1/2022 at 12:24 PM, Junior Miller said:

Among the best times of your life? Holy fuck that’s sad

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Senior year in high school wasn’t too bad, I mostly just miss how simple/easy life was. But if you had offered me $1000 I would’ve skipped it all in a heartbeat. Five or six figures or whatever these kids are getting? No brainer.

I guess $1000 was a lot when you could buy an automobile with it back then. 😁

A few notes picked up from sources from today’s practice.

–Quinn Ewers and Hudson Card both had solid performances on the day. Ewers notched a rushing touchdown and found Casey Cain for a one-handed grab that even Xavier Worthymentioned during his availability with reporters. One source mentioned Ewers seemed to handle pressure better than Card.

-The highest praise for the receiver group from Saturday’s practice went to Isaiah Neyor. “Neyor was the star of the show. Best player out there,” the source said. He even looked to be a bit bigger than Jahleel Billingsley. Speaking of, Billingsley caught a touchdown on a wheel route from Card.

-There was a considerable amount of rotation at both defensive back and wide receiver. Jordan Whittington had a good day working over the middle, catching drag routes and sitting in zone pockets for receptions.

–Prince Dorbah notched a sack today.

-During team run segments, defense won the day to one source’s eyes. In team pass, the offense had the better day. The team played base in team run and more nickel in team pass.

-As Ian Boyd mentioned as a possibility in the Gameplan, there was some odd front look with 3-3 stack presented. When they were in that look, Ovie Oghoufo played as one of the stack linebackers. In the pass rush though, Oghoufo had a solid day: “He was the edge that flashed most today against the pass,” the source said, even crediting No. 18 for a few sacks.

-Texas presented three-man front looks with Alfred Collins and T’Vondre Sweat playing 4i with Keondre Coburn situated in between. Oghoufo was playing Buck in the base looks during team run segments. Justice Finkley also took some reps at Buck. Barryn Sorrell also was praised for his work on the EDGE by one source.

-Speaking of Collins: “Alfred Collins was the best player on the field on defense. I think he flashed more than anybody.”

-Jamier Johnson got physical with Whittington today, part of a decent day for the California native.

-There were a handful of tight end screens designed for Ja’Tavion Sanders. There were also some quick passing looks designed for KeilanRobinson.

-Recruiting wise, recent Texas commit Dylan Spencer looked like a “head turner” to one source. Rueben Owenswas described as looking bigger than expected, and same with Cameron Cook.

-We’ll have more from today’s scrimmage and recruiting weekend in the coming days.

• Hook 'Em 5

16 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Shane Buechele

Sam Ehlinger 

Malik Jefferson 

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic