2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, Eggo said:

For those who know ball, are carriers taught to tuck their heads when taking a hit? I know tacklers are told to keep their heads and eyes up, but it seems like Neyor is putting his head closer to the point of contact and potentially in the line of fire when doing that. I also understand that a person naturally tenses up when pain is imminent. 

did you ever get to see Earl when he knew a hit was coming?....He would cock his head back and knock crap out of the tackler with it.

18 minutes ago, Eggo said:

For those who know ball, are carriers taught to tuck their heads when taking a hit? I know tacklers are told to keep their heads and eyes up, but it seems like Neyor is putting his head closer to the point of contact and potentially in the line of fire when doing that. I also understand that a person naturally tenses up when pain is imminent. 

No, it's just a natural thing to do.  Pads low, eyes up.  Just like tackling.

Edited by JBJ

21 minutes ago, futureman said:

what happened to rugby tackling

It's still there. The main component is that Rugby requires you to wrap your arms around the ball carrier. You may not tackle above the shoulders. You can, sort of, lead with a shoulder, but you still have to have arms around the carrier. You can, sort of, tackle below the waist (don't think they've changed that one yet), but again you have to wrap your arms around your target.

6 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

It's still there. The main component is that Rugby requires you to wrap your arms around the ball carrier. You may not tackle above the shoulders. You can, sort of, lead with a shoulder, but you still have to have arms around the carrier. You can, sort of, tackle below the waist (don't think they've changed that one yet), but again you have to wrap your arms around your target.

yeah I know all of that. I was referring to the “tackle” in the video. 

1 hour ago, Bevo said:

I would have gotten in a fight for a cheap shot like that in practice. Lock up instead of throwing a shoulder into the head.

There was nothing cheap about the shot. He had a defender pulling his center of gravity away from the tackler, the runner basically just bounced off of him pretty hard. No launch, no running start, no driving into the ground. 

• Hook 'Em 3

21 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

There was nothing cheap about the shot. He had a defender pulling his center of gravity away from the tackler, the runner basically just bounced off of him pretty hard. No launch, no running start, no driving into the ground. 

Whether he would have been thrown out of a game for targeting or not, I would have still thrown a punch for doing that in practice. Fuck that noise, I'm not going to get a concussion in practice.

6 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Whether he would have been thrown out of a game for targeting or not, I would have still thrown a punch for doing that in practice. Fuck that noise, I'm not going to get a concussion in practice.

Lulz. It was a shoulder to shoulder tackle in a padded scrimmage. There was nothing cheap about it. 

1 hour ago, oldhorn2 said:

did you ever get to see Earl when he knew a hit was coming?....He would cock his head back and knock crap out of the tackler with it.

you mean the guy who had an 8 year career in the NFL, spent the last half of it injured about half the time, had to retire, then spent ~40 years in chronic pain?

there is a reason they don't teach folks to run like that.

we all love Earl, but even he would probably tell you he would have done it a little bit differently now vs then.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JFKFC said:

We have had much more skill position talent than 90% of the teams that have beaten us the last 12 years

That's just ridiculous to say. We haven't even had the best QB, WR, or TE in the game for the majority of those losses. We have the best RB for several of them but what's a great RB with a shitty line?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

247: "Every source we talked to felt like Texas is in a better spot than last year at the QB position. Whether the sources liked Hudson Card or Quinn Ewers more on the day, both QBs looked poised and were using their NFL caliber tools to spray passes horizontally and vertically across every level of the field. One source I talked to felt that because it was so even at this point Ewers would eventually pull ahead and win the job as he continues to gain familiarity with Sark's system."

IT:  "Neither of the QB’s excited him. They need someone to step up. He felt Quinn Ewers struggled and Hudson Card looked better than a year ago but still a long way to go at the position. He says Card is better than Ewers right now."

Welcome to offseason practice reports! lol

Frustrated Boy Meets World GIF

5 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That's just ridiculous to say. We haven't even had the best QB, WR, or TE in the game for the majority of those losses. We have the best RB for several of them but what's a great RB with a shitty line?

Not only that, but as far as skill position players go, the qb is way more valuable than any other position, and we have been pedestrian at best (and often downright terrible) at qb ever since Colt left. It's a terrible take. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Depends if his name is D'onta Foreman or not

BeautifulGlossyBighornedsheep-size_restr

5 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Not only that, but as far as skill position players go, the qb is way more valuable than any other position, and we have been pedestrian at best (and often downright terrible) at qb ever since Colt left. It's a terrible take. 

I hear what you're saying and I mostly agree, but three of those pedestrian-at-best QBs are collecting NFL paychecks.

• Hook 'Em 3

31 minutes ago, NoName said:

you mean the guy who had an 8 year career in the NFL, spent the last half of it injured about half the time, had to retire, then spent ~40 years in chronic pain?

there is a reason they don't teach folks to run like that.

we all love Earl, but even he would probably tell you he would have done it a little bit differently now vs then.

football isn’t why earl can’t walk. 

• Hook 'Em 3

I hear what you're saying and I mostly agree, but three of those pedestrian-at-best QBs are collecting NFL paychecks.

It really is about the oline. But last year’s QB and WR play was poor overall especially consistently moving the chains. Joshua Moore single-handedly lost the Baylor game and when he quit, it was addition by subtraction. Part of this was poor wr recruiting and development from the Herman regime and why Coleman was fired.

We havent seen a real tight end here since Jermichael Finley and even he seemed to be more of a flex receiver. We’ve had some Hback types and fattened receivers. But it’s been a head scratcher.

On 4/1/2022 at 12:19 PM, TreatyOak said:

Nice catch. Unfortunately, it is being reported that Jordan Whittington re-injured his ACL on this play and had to be carted off the field.

Troy Omeire, who is being held out of workouts as a precautionary measure, was also injured and had to be carted off, well.   

Greta-2.gif

If Kirk is injured he needs to hang it up and call it a day 

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, Reese Bennett said:

I don't see how people watch dudes talking when it's just dudes talking and no highlights or video analysis. 

Agreed. I'm pretty sure every 9.95er saw Fanatic Perspective and RJ Young succeeding and thought they ought to post unnecessarily long YouTube videos of themselves talking about nothing. It's unbearable. 

15 hours ago, Bevo said:

Whether he would have been thrown out of a big12 game for targeting or not, I would have still thrown a punch for doing that in practice. Fuck that noise, I'm not going to get a concussion in practice.

Fifu

9 hours ago, Reese Bennett said:

I don't see how people watch dudes talking when it's just dudes talking and no highlights or video analysis. 

You get to watch the radio what's not to like, plus it's zoom! Everyone loves sitting on zoom calls when do any of us ever get to do that?

On 4/1/2022 at 12:59 PM, Hookem2147 said:

their actual reporting is usually fairly accurate.

I can’t let this go. No. Their “actual reporting” is almost always anonymous sources and has been proven completely wrong, if not fabricated, on a number of occasions. “Swoopes will start”. Nick Saban’s wife house hunting. Actual reporting would have a much better track record, but TX fans are like heroine junkies and keep paying for pretend access, so there’s no accountability for being fast and loose with facts no one can really verify. 

Oh and when something breaks for real it’s almost always “we’ve known for weeks, but had to keep it quiet”

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I can’t let this go. No. Their “actual reporting” is almost always anonymous sources and has been proven completely wrong, if not fabricated, on a number of occasions. “Swoopes will start”. Nick Saban’s wife house hunting. Actual reporting would have a much better track record, but TX fans are like heroine junkies and keep paying for pretend access, so there’s no accountability for being fast and loose with facts no one can really verify. 

Oh and when something breaks for real it’s almost always “we’ve known for weeks, but had to keep it quiet”

I was going to post this weeks ago, but had to keep it quiet.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

33 minutes ago, Nivek said:

I was going to post this weeks ago, but had to keep it quiet.

Same, heard it from a rock solid source who asked me not to go public with the info, but now that’s it’s out there I feel comfortable providing additional context.

• Hook 'Em 1

This team is going to suck until the D and O lines are fixed. They may win games they shouldn't because of the skill position talent and scheme, but against a true playoff caliber team they are nowhere near ready from just this recruiting class coming in. Don't let the 9.95ers fool you. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

This team is going to suck until the D and O lines are fixed. They may win games they shouldn't because of the skill position talent and scheme, but against a true playoff caliber team they are nowhere near ready from just this recruiting class coming in. Don't let the 9.95ers fool you. 

giphy.gif

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to 2022 Summer Season: Flavor-Aid (Strength: Prison Wine)
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic