2016 Bregman
2017 Gurriel 
2018 Tucker
2019 Alvarez 
2020 Javier 
2021 Garcia 
2022 Pena

23- Whitley. It’s time bitches!  

seriousky though- Hunter Brown has rookie status for 23. He’s probably your ROY heavy favorite in the AL right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

Player voted 

314578208_10166609642935431_712570402629

If you win "AL Outstanding Pitcher", doesn't that pretty much imply you are the Cy Young Award winner?  What's the difference?

Well fuck me, mine eyes went straight to the graphic and didn't see your "Player voted" blurb above it.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

We should throw Garcia in Game 6 and save Framber for Game 7. I say that totally and completely not because I have a large financial interest in the Astros winning in 7 games. 
the game theory on it actually works- if you have 2 games and only need 1 win it makes mathematical sense to stack the deck as much as you possibly can in 1 game. I’m not actually suggesting they do this. We should probably just pitch Javier on full rest in Game 7 if it goes that far. 

7 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

We should throw Garcia in Game 6 and save Framber for Game 7. I say that totally and completely not because I have a large financial interest in the Astros winning in 7 games. 
the game theory on it actually works- if you have 2 games and only need 1 win it makes mathematical sense to stack the deck as much as you possibly can in 1 game. I’m not actually suggesting they do this. We should probably just pitch Javier on full rest in Game 7 if it goes that far. 

No offence, but screw your financial interest.  Win Saturday.  Don't give them a chance.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This Is Bad GIF by ALLBLK (formerly known as UMC)

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No Way What GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mitch Hedberg said:

I think the “impact” part is partly what fucked him. He came in hitting home runs everywhere and thought he had to keep it up. He tries to hit 3 run homers every at bat. 

I just want that dude to get on base. Keep innings alive. Right now he’s a batting dead zone. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Gourmand said:
1 hour ago, runthebone said:
Think Dusty is loyal to Montero as the guy for the 8th?  Or is it Stanek Neris Abreu Pressly? 

Hopefully Good Framber gives us 6 or 7 and we can avoid using Montero.

I think Dusty is going to do everything he can to avoid using Montero and Pressly this game

image.gif.99d68f8adb02cce4cbaebec739afef27.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

One game? LMJ has had two straight shit starts. 

3 ER in 5+ against the yanks wasn’t great, but not shit per se either. If our starting pitcher only gives up 3, with how the bullpen is you kind of figure 4 is the most they are scoring and we should have a chance. 

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

3 ER in 5+ against the yanks wasn’t great, but not shit per se either. If our starting pitcher only gives up 3, with how the bullpen is you kind of figure 4 is the most they are scoring and we should have a chance. 

Given what we’ve seen lately from him to Javier you throw Javier on short rest. My point is we know dusty won’t and go with LMJ. Let’s hope he doesn’t have to make that decision tomorrow and can sleep in and enjoy the title.

If it got to game 7 I think you have to throw LMJ. If that means you have Hector Neris warming up alongside him (he’s the guy to get you out of a jam mid inning) so be it. Hunter Brown comes next until he gets in trouble at which point in time Abreu comes in to finish that inning and get the next one. Then Stanek and Presley. 
Javier has never pitched on 3 days rest and I can’t see starting him now. Also, he really hasn’t been all that great out of the bullpen if you look at his numbers, either last year or this year. 

• Hook 'Em 3

11 hours ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

If we don’t wanna hear how we choked in 2019 then we should close them out tomorrow night.

I will say if we go to game 7 I won’t be confident with LMJ going. Not sure how anyone would. And we all know dusty bottoms will throw him too.

Pretty sure Christian Javier gets the ball over LMJ 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Given what we’ve seen lately from him to Javier you throw Javier on short rest. My point is we know dusty won’t and go with LMJ. Let’s hope he doesn’t have to make that decision tomorrow and can sleep in and enjoy the title.

Javier isn’t going to give you more than 5 innings max on short rest anyway (and possibility more like 3-4). The plan in a game 7 should be for both those guys to pitch anyway. I don’t get the handwringing over which one appears first.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1