No, Les Miles, YOU'RE Awesome!

Parliament

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Brian Bosworth is in that commercial. That pudwacker shouldn't have a fucking thing to do with promoting the sport in any way, shape, form or fashion.

True that. He was probably just on the list of out of work ex-football related figures of wannabe actors with no skills. Fit the budget.

• 1 month later...
42 minutes ago, Machinator said:

For anyone who uses reddit, he's doing an Ask Me Anything (Q&A with users) on /r/cfb tomorrow at 12:30 Central: 

This is a two-parter:

Les... in your last year at LSU, (1) How much did LSU boosters pay for 5 star recruits & 4 star recruits? And how much were Saban's Bama boosters paying for 5 star recruits & 4 star recruits?

Thanks, in advance.

2 hours ago, Napoleon said:

This is a two-parter:

Les... in your last year at LSU, (1) How much did LSU boosters pay for 5 star recruits & 4 star recruits? And how much were Saban's Bama boosters paying for 5 star recruits & 4 star recruits?

Thanks, in advance.

Don't be an ass.  Les Miles is awesome.

3 hours ago, Parliament said:

Don't be an ass.  Les Miles is awesome.

I’m not saying that he isn’t awesome, I’d just be interested in knowing what the going rates were his last year in Baton Rouge. Now that he isn’t in coaching, he might be willing to be a little more forthcoming. 

If Kansas needs to look for another head coach for football, (they do), Les should be at the top of the list, good actor or not...
I think so as well, but his next coaching gig is likely his last before retitement...not sure he wants to take that on.

He would improve their recruiting to a decent level though, might even make KU the new season spoiler Big12 team. (Currently ISU)
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, ousux said:

I think so as well, but his next coaching gig is likely his last before retitement...not sure he wants to take that on.

He would improve their recruiting to a decent level though, might even make KU the new season spoiler Big12 team. (Currently ISU)

Les would be a cure for the decade of suckitude the program is currently in... And with whatever might be with the coming date of 2025, Kansas needs to get it's football house in order soon..!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Cool, but that is actually kind of a terrible hire, I think. His whole thing was owning the state of Louisiana (the best per capita recruiting ground in the country) and running a caveman offense with huge athletic freaks that would just push people around and run them over. When he couldn't win with brute force, he couldn't win. He is like the last coach I would hire at a school that will always be at a talent disadvantage.

If I was Kansas I'd be looking at triple option guys or something. They need a gimmick, something that can mess with a more talented team that isn't used to seeing it.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

So he has shitty attorneys/agent, or was this part of the contract and taking a new job?  

I mean, if they owed him 6.5M over the next 5 years, taking a 1.5M lump sum is basically taking 1 year and letting the other 4 slide

His contract stipulated that he had to continue looking for a job to keep getting his buyout money.  I would venture to guess that means that if he gets a job somewhere that his new salary would net against his old salary.  Given that, we know he just took a job somewhere.

Just now, Jhawk said:

His contract stipulated that he had to continue looking for a job to keep getting his buyout money.  I would venture to guess that means that if he gets a job somewhere that his new salary would net against his old salary.  Given that, we know he just took a job somewhere.

Are you getting tingly?