Andor

CooterBrown

Huh I just realized there's like 10 folks we've seen on screen so far that were also in Chernobyl: Stellan Skarsgård, Robert Emms, Adrian Rawlins, Alex Ferns, Ron Cook, Kieran O’Brien, Lucy Russell, Josef Davies, Alex Blake, Jimmy Walker + a whole bunch of behind-the-scenes overlaps, including Casting Director Nina Gold.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

I wonder if Skarsgard could pull off looking 15 years younger for a a Luthen prequel detailing how he decided to rebel. Just take my fucking money if that’s announced.

They could just have this vampire guy play the younger version, who I just learned today is Skarsgard’s son IRL. 

true blood GIF

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Surly Bevo said:

Like how Kino's fate (did he ultimately jump or not) seems to be left up in the air.  And yea Luthen should have shot that dude, he is going to get caught, killed (Syril step on up bro) but sell out Luthen before he does. 

I bet Luthen tries to kill Deedra and Syril saves her bringing him back into the story.

44 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

They could just have this vampire guy play the younger version, who I just learned today is Skarsgard’s son IRL. 

true blood GIF

38 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

FYI, bill skarsgard (the new pennywise) is also his son

Taking a stab. But dude from barbarian movie also his son. Yea?

3 hours ago, Levi said:

Copy pasta from Reddit of THE speech: 

"...and what do you sacrifice?"

"Calm. Kindness, kinship, love. I've given up all chance at inner peace, I've made my mind a sunless place. I share my dreams with ghosts. I wake up every day to an equation I wrote fifteen years ago from which there's only one conclusion: I'm damned for what I do. My anger, my ego, my unwillingness to yield, my—my eagerness to fight, has set me on a path from which there's no escape. I yearned to be a savior for injustice without contemplating the cost, and by the time I looked down there was no longer any ground beneath my feet.

"What is my—what is my sacrifice? I'm condemned to use the tools of my enemy to defeat them. I burned my decency for someone else's future! I burned my life to make a sunrise that I know I'll never see! Now, the ego that started this fight will never have a mirror or an audience or the light of gratitude... so, what do I sacrifice? Everything!

"Just stay with me, Lonnie. I need all the heroes I can get."

• Hook 'Em 2

The writing on this show is so superb. And Kino better make a return appearance. F'ing tragic that he couldn't leave. Anyone else get a chuckle that when Kino was talking to the other levels, he was doing it in a Snoke sounding voice?

Fun fact, Davo is the brother of Stephen Dillane, Stannis Baratheon from Game of Thrones. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

The writing on this show is so superb. And Kino better make a return appearance. F'ing tragic that he couldn't leave. Anyone else get a chuckle that when Kino was talking to the other levels, he was doing it in a Snoke sounding voice?

Nah he's dead and needs to stay dead. He's done his part. 

Will of the force this is...

I’m going to miss Luthen after he gets gutted by an Inquisitor in S1 finale or S2 premiere. 

8 hours ago, mdmost said:

And Kino better make a return appearance. F'ing tragic that he couldn't leave. Anyone else get a chuckle that when Kino was talking to the other levels, he was doing it in a Snoke sounding voice?

The ridiculousness would almost be justified by the lulz if they had Kino surrender and be sent to the bio-experimentation facility where he was morphed into Snoke (and Snoke’s subsequent clones).

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

I’m going to miss Luthen after he gets gutted by an Inquisitor in S1 finale or S2 premiere. 

The ridiculousness would almost be justified by the lulz if they had Kino surrender and be sent to the bio-experimentation facility where he was morphed into Snoke (and Snoke’s subsequent clones).

Bingo, surely this could've been mentioned by Kino or maybe there might be some life rafts of some sort?

11 hours ago, Captainant said:

Huh I just realized there's like 10 folks we've seen on screen so far that were also in Chernobyl: Stellan Skarsgård, Robert Emms, Adrian Rawlins, Alex Ferns, Ron Cook, Kieran O’Brien, Lucy Russell, Josef Davies, Alex Blake, Jimmy Walker + a whole bunch of behind-the-scenes overlaps, including Casting Director Nina Gold.

Ha yeah.

One of the happiest coincidences of this series is that they were shooting in the U.K. during Covid, so they basically had access to every great London stage actor who didn't have anything else to do; so they filled out every single role with an A++++ actor.

• Hook 'Em 1

Someone mentioned that Kino knew he wasn’t going to survive/escape since he saw the facility on the flight in and the guards mentioning the whole facility is hydro there at the end. It also adds to his big speech there at the end and why he struggled initially. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Levi said:

Someone mentioned that Kino knew he wasn’t going to survive/escape since he saw the facility on the flight in and the guards mentioning the whole facility is hydro there at the end. It also adds to his big speech there at the end and why he struggled initially. 

I mean if I saw that, I wouldn’t assume it was completely “un-esapable”. People have to get there some way, always means there’s a way back. 

55 minutes ago, Levi said:

thats how i took it.  serkis is great.  that was most excellent.

25 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

That’s Bill Skarsgard in Barbarian. Pennywise. Brother of Alex Skarsgard. Son of Stellan Skarsgard.

Also brother of Viktor, Sam and Gustav Skarsgard. All small time actors

oh shyt he was pennywise,thats right.... and just saw new Wick trailer.. i see he's a villian of something on it.

I freakin love Skarsgards ... 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Buzzrock said:

Never really though about it this way:

Also, in the picking nits just for fun vein: it seemed awfully easy to turn off a hydroelectric system that takes months to restart.

LOL thought the same thing.

"Armed revolution" was literally the "thesis" of the original trilogy. :D :D :D

5 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Kino not dying onscreen is significant, as Star Wars seems to be pretty heavy handed with that shit. Also a pretty significant actor to not give a definitive ending.

He has unlimited food and water until the ISB shows up to investigate/stage some bullshit. 

He’s dead Jim.