January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

One thing I think that makes this Committee/hearing less of a shitshow is that the depositions are being conducted mostly by actual lawyers and then used very carefully by the speaking members of the Committee.

Absolutely. No stupid members of Congress grandstanding.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

but it's true though. 

No, it's not. It's neither overhyped or boring. And according to this poll, the majority are paying:

Nearly six in ten Americans (58%) are paying either a lot of attention (25%) or some attention (33%) to the House January 6th hearings. Democrats (80%) are the most plugged into the testimony. 55% of independents and 44% of Republicans are also paying, at least, some attention to the hearings.

https://maristpoll.marist.edu/polls/npr-pbs-newshour-marist-national-poll-the-january-6th-hearings-july-2022/

• Hook 'Em 7

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

One thing I think that makes this Committee/hearing less of a shitshow is that the depositions are being conducted mostly by actual lawyers and then used very carefully by the speaking members of the Committee.

I'd argue that the speaking members of this committee are actual lawyers, and very good ones. 

I know a lot want to say we are done. I am watching this with my son and his best friend. Both in their young 20's. I have faith by listening to their comments. 
They believe in the Republic more than a lot of people I work with in DC. Pottinger's words were good. 

Are they willing to shoot to kill the next round of traitors who violently attempt to decapitate and overthrow our govt? Because that’s what it’s going to come down to.
Unless this treasonous rebellion is completely crushed, they’ll keep trying until it works.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

Sarah Matthews, from all the hundreds of rallies you attended with DOTARD, who did you think your boss was?  Why did it take till January 6th for you to actually find your spine?  

It takes some folks longer that others to see the light.  Many are still in the dark.

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Are they willing to shoot to kill the next round of traitors who violently attempt to decapitate and overthrow our govt? Because that’s what it’s going to come down to.
Unless this treasonous rebellion is completely crushed, they’ll keep trying until it works.

Hawley may want to start wearing joggers to work. 

One opportunity lost was at the 180 minute mark, was to tell the American public that Trump had his thumb up his ass for TWO FUCKING SOCCER GAMES!  

Or in American.... an eternity!  I'm a soccer guy, but that would have been a great sound bite, that all can understand.

They let Trump run on trampling decorum and laws when he was running for office the first time, and again repeatedly while in office, yet then again exiting and still today with witness tampering and messaging legislators to overturn their state elections.    

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

One opportunity lost was at the 180 minute mark, was to tell the American public that Trump had his thumb up his ass for TWO FUCKING SOCCER GAMES!  

Or in American.... an eternity!  I'm a soccer guy, but that would have been a great sound bite, that all can understand.

This troll bores me

Chuck Todd thinking it takes Justice Department another year....welp, oh well.  Anyways, good to see that Chuck agrees how ludicrous it is that Republicans didn't impeach after everything that happened.

Edited by Mdhorn

Chuck Todd thinking it takes Justice Department another year....welp, oh well.  Anyways, good to see that Chuck agrees that Republicans didn't impeach after everything that happened.

Garland has until spring of 23 otherwise it looks like meddling in the 24 election.

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Only Cheney is, and never a trial lawyer.

I'm not going to post the whole article, but there was a good piece in the NYTimes today about her. I disagree with most of her politics (obviously), but I respect her dedication to this task.

Here's a quote:

“I don’t look at it through a political lens,” she said in an interview this week in between drafting statements for Thursday’s hearing. “I look at it through the angle of: People need to understand how dangerous he is and how unfit for office he is.”

“I believe this is the most important thing I’ve ever done professionally,” she added, “and maybe the most important thing I ever do.”

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, bolverk said:

No, it's not. It's neither overhyped or boring. And according to this poll, the majority are paying:

Nearly six in ten Americans (58%) are paying either a lot of attention (25%) or some attention (33%) to the House January 6th hearings. Democrats (80%) are the most plugged into the testimony. 55% of independents and 44% of Republicans are also paying, at least, some attention to the hearings.

https://maristpoll.marist.edu/polls/npr-pbs-newshour-marist-national-poll-the-january-6th-hearings-july-2022/

I was assured only a few dozen people care

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Absolutely. No stupid members of Congress grandstanding.

You think after watching an accomplished public servant such as Rep. Luria, Georgians are still proud of the representation MTG provides them?

2 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Garland has until spring of 23 otherwise it looks like meddling in the 24 election.

It does affect elections, it affects politics and government.  There's no way around it and I wish they'd stop tip toeing around it. There will be ramifications but a message needs to be made.  

Edited by Mdhorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

42 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

The best part of the Hawley segment was it really wasn’t necessary for this session to point out how Hawley cheered on the riot until he had to run.  But they did it anyway. I approve.

They hate that dude and want to show what gargantuan douche/pussy he is

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satchel said:

You think after watching an accomplished public servant such as Rep. Luria, Georgians are still proud of the representation MTG provides them?

Oh, for sure there are Georgians that are not proud.  However, her district is proud of her, and that's all that really matters here.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

this is really boring and overhyped.  Most of the country doesn't care about topic, I'd say a 3 hour special on inflation would get more eyeballs.  Or a bikini contest. 

Why aren't you watching foxnews or newsmax?  They are ignoring the hearing and talking about Biden unraveling or selling Ivomec power pills

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

It does affect elections, it affects politics and government.  There's no way around it and I wish they'd stop tip toeing around it. There will be ramifications but a message needs to be made.  

Yeah, prosecution of Trump implicates that no matter when it occurs.  And, the "memo" is not some inviolate law.  They can indict him whenever they feel like it.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Only Cheney is, and never a trial lawyer.

?   

Lofgren is a lawyer, and has worked in private practice. 

Schiff is a former Asst. U.S. Attorney

Raskin is a Harvard Law guy, and was editor of the Law Review, and was a law professor for 25 years.

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Probably. Nah, fuck it, yes. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

this is really boring and overhyped.  Most of the country doesn't care about topic, I'd say a 3 hour special on inflation would get more eyeballs.  Or a bikini contest. 

Are you retarded?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

?   

Lofgren is a lawyer, and has worked in private practice. 

Schiff is a former Asst. U.S. Attorney

Raskin is a Harvard Law guy, and was editor of the Law Review, and was a law professor for 25 years.

Lofgrin is a great bulldog/tush hog.  Deliberately kept off stage tonight, but would love to see her cross ex Trump 

Chuck Todd thinking it takes Justice Department another year....welp, oh well.  Anyways, good to see that Chuck agrees how ludicrous it is that Republicans didn't impeach after everything that happened.

Yep. Moscow Mitch and McCarthy could’ve launched Trump into the sun if they’d wanted to and didn’t for some reason so TFG is still everybody’s problem.
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Oh, for sure there are Georgians that are not proud.  However, her district is proud of her, and that's all that really matters here.

Their pride in her hasn’t helped her deliver anything for her district since she’s essential persona non grata in the House.

8 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Yep. Moscow Mitch and McCarthy could’ve launched Trump into the sun if they’d wanted to and didn’t for some reason so TFG is still everybody’s problem.

Just when they started to grow some testicular fortitude, it retreated.  Liz Cheney has bigger balls, it is no contest

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Their pride in her hasn’t helped her deliver anything for her district since she’s essential persona non grata in the House.

What are you talking about?  She has delivered billions of liberal tears to her district, which are the most precious commodity on the planet to her constituents.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

One thing is clear. Had GWB sat on his ass reading My Pet Goat for 187 minutes after having been told about an attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon, a bipartisan committee would have impeached his ass and removed him from office.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

One thing is clear. Had GWB sat on his ass reading My Pet Goat for 187 minutes after having been told about an attack on the Twin Towers and the Pentagon, a bipartisan committee would have impeached his ass and removed him from office.

Ahh simpler times…when it was just dirty furriners attacking America instead of….Americans. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

It takes some folks longer that others to see the light.  Many are still in the dark.

I've been trying really hard for a long time to catch these flies with honey (in my personal life, where my physical safety is actually often at risk, and not on Surly obv...fuck all you Trumpers), but the longer I wait the more rights I seem to be losing. I'm really really tired of waiting.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

9 minutes ago, bolverk said:

Show of handsWho thinks their parents watched this, or any of the previous hearings, with open minds and hearts, wanting to find out the truth? Was this covered by FOX? 

All three generations in my family watched it on CNN. Dad is a republican, hates Trump. His take was this was an insurrection and all these people violated their oath. Son watched with me and got pissed. "Dad, how do I raise kids in this environment?". His best friend agreed. I am a Centrist. More on the progressive side. Fuck Trump and his bull shit. 

• Hook 'Em 7