January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

On 9/7/2022 at 11:17 AM, Bullneck said:

I would hope that the minute one state's legislature votes to throw out the election results they don't like the DoJ would immediately sue.  What's the possibilities there?

For the moment, the possibilities are the 12th Amendment and the 14th Amendment, which is supposed to guarantee something akin to ""one man one vote."

A bad ruling here would take the 12th Amendment off the table.  But the 14th would still be on the table and underlies most voting rights arguments.

• Hook 'Em 1

Did anyone else see 60 Minutes tonight? They had a segment with former congressman Denver Riggleman, a former Republican from Virginia who served as a technical adviser to the Jan 6 committee. He and his group did analysis on texts and phone calls between the people involved in the attempt to overturn the results of the election. It’s pretty fascinating and reveals that the plot began at the time of the election. I don’t think that’s news but adds some new dimension to the story. It’s worth noting that his political career as a Republican was ended because he had the nerve to officiate a same sex marriage. He thought the outrage would blow over in “two weeks” but that was an unforgivable sin in the GOP. He was replaced by someone farther to the right than he was (and he was a Tea Party guy who voted with Trump 90% of the time).

Anyway, here’s the summary from their Overtime segment that they post on YouTube and below is a link to where you can watch the full segment and read a transcript.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/denver-riggleman-60-minutes-2022-09-25/

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Did anyone else see 60 Minutes tonight? They had a segment with former congressman Denver Riggleman, a former Republican from Virginia who served as a technical adviser to the Jan 6 committee. He and his group did analysis on texts and phone calls between the people involved in the attempt to overturn the results of the election. It’s pretty fascinating and reveals that the plot began at the time of the election. I don’t think that’s news but adds some new dimension to the story. It’s worth noting that his political career as a Republican was ended because he had the nerve to officiate a same sex marriage. He thought the outrage would blow over in “two weeks” but that was an unforgivable sin in the GOP. He was replaced by someone farther to the right than he was (and he was a Tea Party guy who voted with Trump 90% of the time).

Anyway, here’s the summary from their Overtime segment that they post on YouTube and below is a link to where you can watch the full segment and read a transcript.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/denver-riggleman-60-minutes-2022-09-25/

*analyses

8 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

FYI: If you’re going to footnote a correction, your asterisk needs to have a corresponding symbol in the text

Thanks for pointing this out. I have never noticed that message board etiquette before, as I typically don’t read quotes I have already read nor look to reconfirm spelling errors.

15 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Okay, now the full segment is up on YouTube.

WashingtonCNN — 

At 4:34 pm on January 6, 2021, a cell phone registered to a Capitol rioter who had stormed the building, received a phone call from a White House landline, according to records obtained by CNN. 

The call lasted for only nine seconds. 

Who placed the call and why remains a mystery, but it is notable as the only known call made from the White House to the phone of a rioter during this critical time period.

According to the records, the call came from 202-456-1414, the publicly available number for the White House. Like many businesses, outgoing calls from the White House do not show a specific extension. The call was placed in the late afternoon, shortly after former President Donald Trump posted a video message on social media telling the rioters at the Capitol, “go home, we love you, you’re very special,” at 4:17pm. 

It’s unclear what, if any, connection exists between the White House and the rioter, including whether the call was made by mistake or whether the call went to voicemail. 

The call was first disclosed by Denver Riggleman in an interview with CBS’ 60 Minutes. Riggleman is a former Republican congressman who left his job working as a technical adviser for the January 6 committee in April.

The cell phone belonged to a 26-year-old Trump supporter from Brooklyn, New York named Anton Lunyk, who traveled to Washington DC the night before January 6 with two friends, Francis Connor and Antonio Ferrigno, according to multiple sources familiar with the investigation, as well as a search of public records.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Hmmm....Which one of these merry band of idiots would be dumb enough to use a Whitehouse land line to call their muscle on the ground? My money is on Rudy, since the guy was a New Yorker. He probably had his number in an actual address book. 

I mean, it could have been the dotard himself.  It could have been any one of them.  They are all dumb criminals.

38 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Hmmm....Which one of these merry band of idiots would be dumb enough to use a Whitehouse land line to call their muscle on the ground? My money is on Rudy, since the guy was a New Yorker. He probably had his number in an actual address book. 

You really think Rudy was smart enough to dial 9 to get an outside line?  And Rudy having a conversation that only lasted 9 seconds?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

This is a weak take.  Plenty of consequential messages take less than 9 seconds to deliver.  Deference to traitors is corrosive to the republic.  

No deference involved.  If anyone can ever determine the substance of the call, it might amount to something, but some people are going to have to find some candor and honesty for that to happen.  Remember who we're dealing with here.

Lunyk has already been charged, convicted and sentenced for his misdemeanor offenses on 1/6.  That means the FBI has already looked at him for being a part of a larger conspiracy and come up empty and he had no need to cooperate. https://conandaily.com/2022/09/25/anton-lunyk-biography-13-things-about-us-capitol-riot-suspect-from-brooklyn-new-york/

That doesn't necessarily mean he wasn't and can't be charged with a bigger deal, but it seems pretty unlikely at this point.  Might also mean he can't plead the fifth before a grand jury.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

No deference involved.  If anyone can ever determine the substance of the call, it might amount to something, but some people are going to have to find some candor and honesty for that to happen.  Remember who we're dealing with here.

This took just about nine seconds:

All the dreams, all the hopes for the national championship come down to this play. Fourth down and 5. Texas at the USC 8. Three wide receivers. Young from the shotgun. Back to throw. Vince looks. Under pressure. He’ll tuck it and run. Vince to the five. Young touchdown Texas. Touchdown Vince Young. He’s done it again. Vince Young has given the Longhorns the lead with 19 seconds to play in the game.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

I mean, it could have been the dotard himself.  It could have been any one of them.  They are all dumb criminals.

Dotard can't express a thought in nine seconds.  I'm not even sure he can formulate a thought in nine seconds.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 second coups?

Yeah, so what this is...my idea...is it's 8 second coups!

You've heard of it?  8 second coups? 

My idea is 7 second coups.  It would be this video and you would commit a coup to it in just 7 seconds.  

But what if somebody comes along with 6 second coups?  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Again, why do you care about the content?  Do you think it's inconsequential that someone from within the White House called a rioter on Capitol grounds DURING THE RIOT?

Seems kinda important.

4 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Again, why do you care about the content?  Do you think it's inconsequential that someone from within the White House called a rioter on Capitol grounds DURING THE RIOT?

Seems kinda important.

The fact of the matter is, without any more info, our side can play it our way, and their side can play it their way (wrong number, prank call prank call) and it won't matter in criminal court, where the burden of proof is reasonable doubt.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

The fact of the matter is, without any more info, our side can play it our way, and their side can play it their way (wrong number, prank call prank call) and it won't matter in criminal court, where the burden of proof is reasonable doubt.

"Wrong number".  LMAO.  I don't care what criminal court demands.  To me, it's more fuel for the fire, and it's highly flammable.  I've long since given up on hoping anything will ever stick in this fucked up world.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

"Wrong number".  LMAO.  I don't care what criminal court demands.  To me, it's more fuel for the fire, and it's highly flammable.  I've long since given up on hoping anything will ever stick in this fucked up world.

And decent criminal defense attorney could defuse that phone call to a complete nothing and maybe even get it excluded from evidence entirely.

21 minutes ago, shakahorn said:

This took just about nine seconds:

All the dreams, all the hopes for the national championship come down to this play. Fourth down and 5. Texas at the USC 8. Three wide receivers. Young from the shotgun. Back to throw. Vince looks. Under pressure. He’ll tuck it and run. Vince to the five. Young touchdown Texas. Touchdown Vince Young. He’s done it again. Vince Young has given the Longhorns the lead with 19 seconds to play in the game.

Hello, spoilers?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

9 second coups?

Yeah, so what this is...my idea...is it's 8 second coups!

You've heard of it?  8 second coups? 

My idea is 7 second coups.  It would be this video and you would commit a coup to it in just 7 seconds.  

But what if somebody comes along with 6 second coups?  

Step into my office.

Why?

Cuz you're fuckin' fired!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

And decent criminal defense attorney could defuse that phone call to a complete nothing and maybe even get it excluded from evidence entirely.

Would it be significant if there was a 9 sec call between Dick Cheney and one of 9/11 hijackers in a scenario where it actually was an Inside job?