January 6th Committee Hearings Thread of Dominance

Longhorn_Fan68

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

The committee is going to vote on whether or not they should subpoena Trump to testify. Good luck with that.

It’s about getting trump to legally take his right to not self incriminate.

and since this committee may only have a couple of months left, they need to fast forward to the end. 

38 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Trump supporters won’t watch or acknowledge it, but the timelines being established show how trump lied at every step along the way.

The saving grace is Trump is watching every second and talking back to the TV.

• Haha 1

I like Schumer's, "Hey Mr. Attorney General law enforcement guy, maybe have the fucking president ask these people to, oh I don't know, leave??".

I wanted him to yell at that fucker to “Do your fucking job!” or ask him to stand back and “fuck your own face!”

1 minute ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Why wasn't he ever subpoenaed before now?

So they could lay out in person, in video, on paper, and in sworn testimony no less than 30 people who overtly or tacitly implicated him in numerous, pre-meditated crimes.  

He will refuse to show up, even online, obviously.  Congress can hold someone in contempt and confine them.  

Or, which has been the plan all along...he can cut a deal on the document theft and be compelled to appear.  He doesn't know it yet, but he'll realize it in the coming weeks.  They've been moving towards this subpoena since NARA notified Congress of the stolen docs last year.  His hole card is actually not to appear, despite him thinking it'll make him look tough.  To humiliate him in a black-box magistrate courtroom where we can't really know the contents of what he stole is tempting, but not convincing to the nation.  He'll get to skate on that provided he appears before Congress.  He'll look broken, take the fifth 100 times, look nervous as shit, and ultimately be humiliated.  He was never going to see the inside of a jail cell.  The idea is to degrade him before his cult.  They'll still support him but it's what the GOP needs to ultimately break free from him.  Brilliant long game IMO.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

ok so what happens now?

if he ignores the subpoena, i assume nothing happens.

if he comes and sits down and takes the 5th 600x, i assume nothing happens.

if he comes and sits down and lies his ass off for 3 hours, i assume nothing happens.

isn't this just about referring something to the doj and letting them handle it?

• Hook 'Em 1

I literally just a got an invite from America First PAC to a special dinner at Mar-a-Lago.  They're already remolding the grift to include legal funds for this subpoena.

They'd better hurry the fuck up though.  Early voting starts in ten days.

AFPI_SEO_IMAGE.png

Patriot,

You are not going to want to miss this opportunity.

The America First Policy Institute is hosting the America First Experience and Gala at former President Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago, and WE want YOU to be there. 

The America First Experience and Gala at Mar-a-Lago will host the biggest names in the America First movement and you could be there, Patriot. Ready to get your name on the guest list? 

Who: Patriot (pending), The America First Policy Institute (accepted), former President Trump (accepted)

Where: Mar-a-Lago, FL

When: Friday, Nov. 18, 2022

What: Dinner at the prestigious Mar-a-Lago resort, flight, and lodging covered, VIP after-party to follow.

YES
NO

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get a VIP experience at former President Trump’s home!

Patriot, you can enter TODAY for a chance to attend the Gala with an all-expense paid trip to MAL, first-class dinner, and an exclusive VIP after-party to cap off the night! What are you waiting for?

Rush in a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE donation of $20 to enter our Mar-a-Lago Gala Contest!

No games or gimmicks, this is the real deal. You could be the first to enter our contest for the night of a lifetime. Don’t delay! Rush in your tax-deductible donation now: 

We look forward to seeing you there,

America First, Always. 

The America First Policy Institute

I got this 10 minutes after the Cheney mic drop.  The grift is getting stronger.  

Edited by YGIFS

4 minutes ago, Disco Strangler said:

Did I miss any discussion by the Committee of Ginny Thomas' testimony?  I assume if she had given them any useful soundbites, they would have dropped them on us during the hearing.

If it was discussed I missed it too.

18 minutes ago, YGIFS said:
AFPI_SEO_IMAGE.png

Patriot,

You are not going to want to miss this opportunity.

The America First Policy Institute is hosting the America First Experience and Gala at former President Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago, and WE want YOU to be there. 

The America First Experience and Gala at Mar-a-Lago will host the biggest names in the America First movement and you could be there, Patriot. Ready to get your name on the guest list? 

Who: Patriot (pending), The America First Policy Institute (accepted), former President Trump (accepted)

Where: Mar-a-Lago, FL

When: Friday, Nov. 18, 2022

What: Dinner at the prestigious Mar-a-Lago resort, flight, and lodging covered, VIP after-party to follow.

YES
NO

This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to get a VIP experience at former President Trump’s home!

Patriot, you can enter TODAY for a chance to attend the Gala with an all-expense paid trip to MAL, first-class dinner, and an exclusive VIP after-party to cap off the night! What are you waiting for?

Rush in a TAX-DEDUCTIBLE donation of $20 to enter our Mar-a-Lago Gala Contest!

No games or gimmicks, this is the real deal. You could be the first to enter our contest for the night of a lifetime. Don’t delay! Rush in your tax-deductible donation now: 

We look forward to seeing you there,

America First, Always. 

The America First Policy Institute

I got this 10 minutes after the Cheney mic drop.  The grift is getting stronger.  

*No purchase necessary to enter. Send a SASE to 123 Mar-A-Lago Way, Palm Beach, Flori.... just kidding. Pay up. You won't get picked anyway because you think we're actually going to pick some rando to show up and hang out? Just give us your money and DJT will continue "fighting" for you... after Trump Force One is back in the air. Those bad boys don't come cheap. 

They didn't bring up Ginni for the simple reason of "Separation of Powers/Checks & Balances"  Trump's "legal team"...a group of construction lawsuit litigators is going to attempt to appeal the subpoena to the DC Circuit, and ultimately the SCOTUS.  If Ginni is a central figure to the 1/6 committee case, there can be stay after stay while that conflict gets sorted.  They presented everybody else and their mother, their case is air-tight.  He's gonna have to appear.  And there's no precedent for SCOTUS overriding a Congressional subpoena at this level.  

The strategy is to let him do what's gonna do anyway and let him feel alpha about it.  Not appear and tell them to fuck off.  They know he's going to do that, he knows he's going to do that, his two-bit legal team knows he's going to do that.  The trick is let him do it and then horse-trade him, you can get into real legal trouble in a closed black-box magistrate court on the stolen classified docs.  Or you can come and openly testify before Congress (or plead the fifth 100 times, your call) and be on the record for the whole world to see.  He can't avoid both, unless he's dead.  They boxed him in perfectly knowing that his narcissism will fully take over from this point on.  

Trump is standing before two Sentries, each guarding one door.  One leads to standing trial for espionage but in relative privacy with serious punishment.  The other leads to publicly appearing before Congress and the World for inciting insurrection and undermining our Democracy but with relatively little punishment but severe humiliation.  But both guards are like Trump, they cannot tell the truth...only lies.  And he may only ask one question of one Sentry.  If you don't remember the 2 Sentries Paradox, it means you're uneducated and voted for Trump.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2