Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

On 8/8/2019 at 2:58 PM, Brisketexan said:

But remember, we need to take Congressional action to declare Antifa to be the REAL threat.

I have pretty much zero chance of getting killed by an Antifa dude.  I have a now very real chance of being killed by one of these white nationalist fucksticks, simply because of where I shop and such.  But yeah....Antifa is what we should be worried about.  

Is it possible to live in a world where both groups suck? 

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

That's kinda my thing.

Hey, have I ever shared with you my Star Trek/Star Wars fan fiction?  I call it "Worlds Without End, Redux".....

except yours is twice as long, because after the original 50,000 word story, you have 50,000 words that restate the story as an analogy.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Meanwhile, in Ohio, police arrest a man armed with AR-15s and 10,000 rounds of ammunition who threatened Planned Parenthood and supported mass shootings and assaults. 

It says a lot to me regarding where we are as a country that this was posted TWICE in this thread and received not a single response.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

except yours is twice as long, because after the original 50,000 word story, you have 50,000 words that restate the story as an analogy.

Excellent point.

It's as if someone prepared you a gourmet meal and then, for dessert, served you another gourmet meal.

You're welcome.

• Haha 1

This is fine.

https://www.kvue.com/article/news/crime/23-year-old-arrested-after-bringing-loaded-semi-automatic-rifle-pistol-to-pease-park/269-88af59e9-9142-4466-aeb4-3e3fe2dd8404

While searching Broesche, police said they found a loaded 9mm handgun and an expandable metal baton. They also found a fully loaded magazine for the handgun, along with two knives, a flashlight and black gloves.

According to the arrest affidavit, officers then asked Broesche for the location of the rifle the 911 caller saw him carrying and he told officers "he threw it in the brush off the trail." Officers found the AR-556 semi-automatic rifle "laying on a footpath that goes from the main trail to the roadway," which was about 50 yards from where officers had detained Broesche.

The rifle was loaded with a 30-round magazine and fitted with a bipod, scope and tac light, police said.

Police charged Broesche with two counts of unlawful carrying of a weapon for the handgun and the baton, records show. He's currently in the Travis County Jail on a $55,000 bond. A bond condition prohibits him from possessing any firearms while on bond.

"Officers did an excellent job of responding to this situation and taking Broesche into custody without incident while also keeping everyone at the park safe," the Austin Police Department said.

The arrest warrant out of Harris County for aggravated assault of a family member stemmed from an incident in July 2018, in which he fled the scene. In June 2019, one of the victims in the case requested his bond be reduced to no bond because "the safety of the victim appears to be in danger," records show.

Here's what's really cool -- the only charges they could put on him were unlawfully carrying the pistol and the baton (and soon, that baton will be legal).

Here's where we are: he could walk up to a group of kids, AR at a low ready with a 30 round mag, and 10 backup mags in his backpack.....and nobody could do ANYTHING until the second he raised the gun and opened fire.  

Under current law, he has every legal right to walk around town, and go damned near anywhere he wants, with a "massacre 50 people" kit at the ready.....and he's not doing anything that can be stopped.  Not until he raises the gun and starts perforating body after body.

Pretty nifty way of going about things, don't you think?

By the way, I think that there's a good argument that having your hands on a weapon in a manner that indicates that you are ready to use it constitutes a threat of death or serious injury to any reasonable person, and another armed citizen would be 100% justified in dropping you like a sack of potatoes.  Which is ALSO a fucked up state of affairs.

• Like 4

Dude on the reddit thread said he knew this guy around HS, was crazy smart but had anger issues (like throwing tables around).  Fell off the map due to drugs.  Violence with a family member.  They joked he was the school shooter type   

Stop me if you’ve heard this before...

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's what's really cool -- the only charges they could put on him were unlawfully carrying the pistol and the baton (and soon, that baton will be legal).

Here's where we are: he could walk up to a group of kids, AR at a low ready with a 30 round mag, and 10 backup mags in his backpack.....and nobody could do ANYTHING until the second he raised the gun and opened fire.  

Under current law, he has every legal right to walk around town, and go damned near anywhere he wants, with a "massacre 50 people" kit at the ready.....and he's not doing anything that can be stopped.  Not until he raises the gun and starts perforating body after body.

Pretty nifty way of going about things, don't you think?

By the way, I think that there's a good argument that having your hands on a weapon in a manner that indicates that you are ready to use it constitutes a threat of death or serious injury to any reasonable person, and another armed citizen would be 100% justified in dropping you like a sack of potatoes.  Which is ALSO a fucked up state of affairs.

I think that he could have been charged for the rifle in the park. Maybe he was not charged for possession of the rifle because he was not actually possessing it?

Just now, DigglerontheHoof said:

Yeah, he only knew exactly where to tell them to find it.  Obviously, completely unrelated. 

Uh, I didn’t say they were unrelated. I was ask whether there was a technicality aspect to the charges that were filed. 

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2019/08/15/plano-isd-cancels-september-6-football-game-plano-senior-high-el-paso-eastwood

So, apparently, PISD feels like they can't protect the public, if this game is played.   The game was to be played in Plano, so, I guess Plano feels as though they won't be able to keep their MAGA population in check, w/ all those Mexicans in town.  Pathetic. 

"After consulting with local law enforcement agencies, Plano ISD administrators felt obligated to prioritize the safety of the participating players, students, families and communities, and have concluded that the timing of the game falls too soon after the tragedy in El Paso," Plano ISD's release said Thursday.

27 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

True but I doubt you'd have a problem w/ him walking down Congress all Rambo'd up.  I mean, it's his right to do so.  What could possibly go wrong. 

Actually I wouldn’t have a problem at all with treating long guns and handguns equivalently in terms of open carrying. But thanks for playing. 

2 hours ago, Anastasis said:

I think that he could have been charged for the rifle in the park. Maybe he was not charged for possession of the rifle because he was not actually possessing it?

Austin parks regulations:

ttp://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=308744

WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

1. Patrons shall not carry or possess weapons or firearms while in park facilities or wildlife preserves except;

1. in those facilities where usage is appropriate,

2. as allowed by state and federal gun laws.

3. when otherwise authorized by the Parks and Recreation Department.

2. The use of firearms, air guns, pellet or B.B. guns, bows and arrows or projectile devices capable of inflictingpersonal injury is prohibited unless conducted under permit or in an authorized park facility. (City CodeSections 10-1-4, 10-1-5, 14-1-6).

c. No patron may display firearm or other weapon at anypark facility or wildlife preserve in a manner calculated to alarm or threaten anyone.

(Texas Penal Code 42.01)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Austin parks regulations:

ttp://www.austintexas.gov/edims/document.cfm?id=308744

WEAPONS AND FIREARMS

1. Patrons shall not carry or possess weapons or firearms while in park facilities or wildlife preserves except;

1. in those facilities where usage is appropriate,

2. as allowed by state and federal gun laws.

3. when otherwise authorized by the Parks and Recreation Department.

2. The use of firearms, air guns, pellet or B.B. guns, bows and arrows or projectile devices capable of inflictingpersonal injury is prohibited unless conducted under permit or in an authorized park facility. (City CodeSections 10-1-4, 10-1-5, 14-1-6).

c. No patron may display firearm or other weapon at anypark facility or wildlife preserve in a manner calculated to alarm or threaten anyone.

(Texas Penal Code 42.01)

It also appears that it would be a potential violation of Penal Code 42.01 to display a weapon in a manner intended to create alarm.  There appears to be some room for common sense policing* when it comes to people walking around displaying AR15s to incite reaction and alarm or in a hostile manner.

*I know, I laughed at the thought too.  

Texas Penal Code 42.01 – Disorderly Conduct

Current as of: 2018 | Check for updates | Other versions

(a) A person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly:
(1) uses abusive, indecent, profane, or vulgar language in a public place, and the language by its very utterance tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
(2) makes an offensive gesture or display in a public place, and the gesture or display tends to incite an immediate breach of the peace;
(3) creates, by chemical means, a noxious and unreasonable odor in a public place;
(4) abuses or threatens a person in a public place in an obviously offensive manner;
(5) makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy;
(6) fights with another in a public place;
(7) discharges a firearm in a public place other than a public road or a sport shooting range, as defined by Section 250.001, Local Government Code;
(8) displays a firearm or other deadly weapon in a public place in a manner calculated to alarm;
(9) discharges a firearm on or across a public road;
(10) exposes his anus or genitals in a public place and is reckless about whether another may be present who will be offended or alarmed by his act; or
(11) for a lewd or unlawful purpose:
(A) enters on the property of another and looks into a dwelling on the property through any window or other opening in the dwelling;
(B) while on the premises of a hotel or comparable establishment, looks into a guest room not the person’s own through a window or other opening in the room; or
(C) while on the premises of a public place, looks into an area such as a restroom or shower stall or changing or dressing room that is designed to provide privacy to a person using the area.
(a-1) For purposes of Subsection (a), the term “public place” includes a public school campus or the school grounds on which a public school is located

24 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

The Militia is at it again.

Police in Wynne, Ark., said in a statement that officers on Aug. 7 responded to a “suspicious persons” report and found Kelly standing with a gun over a group of teens lying on the ground, Memphis TV station WMC noted.

yeesh.  Not just crazy lady at the door with shotgun, but holding them hostage apparently.  

20 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Police in Wynne, Ark., said in a statement that officers on Aug. 7 responded to a “suspicious persons” report and found Kelly standing with a gun over a group of teens lying on the ground, Memphis TV station WMC noted.

yeesh.  Not just crazy lady at the door with shotgun, but holding them hostage apparently.  

Expose her, shame her.  That's one nice thing about this shit here in 2019 - you can put these people on public display for the whole world to see, and potential employers can see what they are getting.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Well, see, this is where we get into the issue that so many people seem to have with the concept of "degree."

Let's assume I agree with you that "Antifa" sucks (I don't entirely, because it's a blanket term -- but let's presume that you're just referring to the masked anarchist types).  So let's look at it this way.

You say that "both groups" - Antifa and white nationalists - suck. 

Likewise, we can surely agree that other things grouped in pairs suck.  For example, having to attend an all-day youth sports tournament outside in August sucks.  Also, colon cancer sucks.  Both things suck.  I don't want to do either one.  But, is one of those things MARKEDLY worse?  Yeah, I'm gonna guess that every single person diagnosed with colon cancer would trade that diagnosis for an August day outside from dawn to dark 100% of the time.

There is no real reason to believe that Antifa wants to wage a genocidal war against entire classes of human beings.  There is DEFINITELY reason to believe that white nationalists do -- the bloodstained floors of an El Paso Wal-Mart, a Pittsburgh synagogue, and a Christchurch mosque stand as stark evidence of that truth.

So, keep you "both of them suck" shit where it belongs -- crammed in the recesses of your brain.  I don't give a flying fuck about being hot outside in August.  I DO give a flying fuck about colon cancer, because it's fucking trying to kill me.  Kinda the same way I feel about white nationalists.

Here's an easy way for the simple-minded to look at it.  I regularly shop at Fiesta, a place known to contain a large number of hispanics at any given time.  I have done so for years.  Would you say that I am more likely, or less likely, to be murdered by a white nationalist while shopping at Fiesta today than I was 3 years ago?  Since we all know that the answer is "more likely," your "they both suck" shit just fucking pisses me off.

Great post Brisket !

7 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/high-school/high-schools/2019/08/15/plano-isd-cancels-september-6-football-game-plano-senior-high-el-paso-eastwood

So, apparently, PISD feels like they can't protect the public, if this game is played.   The game was to be played in Plano, so, I guess Plano feels as though they won't be able to keep their MAGA population in check, w/ all those Mexicans in town.  Pathetic. 

"After consulting with local law enforcement agencies, Plano ISD administrators felt obligated to prioritize the safety of the participating players, students, families and communities, and have concluded that the timing of the game falls too soon after the tragedy in El Paso," Plano ISD's release said Thursday.

Who was favored to win that game? My cynical side assumes Eastwood. 

But hey, white supremacy is a hoax.  It's not like there are armed psychos out there promising to exterminate us, and it's not like anyone is, I dunno, driving to a border town and murdering a bunch of brown people  Oh wait....those things have actually happened?  Huh.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread