Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

Memorial City Mall...there's some good memories for me there, didn't realize it was still around.  I almost got a hand job from a girl who was a grade above me in the movie theater there.  Also remember there was some kind of little theme park nearby that I killed many a Saturday at while my parents ran errands.

In his latest book about Texas,  Lawrence Wright describes being at a restaurant in Houston when George H.W. Bush and Barbara came to eat.  It was a very upscale place. The Secret Service had to do a sweep of all the customers in the restaurant before the Bushes could enter.  Secret service had a big basket and all of these little old ladies with platinum hair sheepishly had to pull their pistols out of their purses and deposit them in the basket.  Wright, who is a Texan, was astonished to discover how many of the women around him were packing heat.   

"Took out genitals in car, threaten to urinate in it..." confused me for a few seconds. I initially pictured him taking out a severed penis and threatening to urinate in it (the severed penis). I'm still not sure if that isn't the case.

Edited by Mole

I know the pic. The cop overreached and was told it was first amendment issue. Least pretty sure that was the outcome. Was a few months/1 year back? Either way, not a fringe sentiment and pretty sure it was just one big sticker on the back of the truck window. 

15 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

I understand the thought may not be.  Covering your truck in fuck trump stickers was fringe enough to land them in jail over it, or cause enough attention for warrant enforcement anyhow. I’ll see if I can dig up a pic. 

Are you talking about this?

DHTMAGbXsAAtZOe.jpg

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I said BBQ joints, not fried chicken joints that also serve shitty BBQ.

Never had it so I can’t say.

But I though it would have to be pretty heavenly if our illustrious governor thought it was worth standing up for.

Can you walk me though how it’s bad?

I feel that this whole political bbq talk fell into our governor’s lap and he may need to spin it if the bbq is as bad as you say.

I guess he’ll have to just roll with the punches and not run from the controversy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mole said:

"Took out genitals in car, threaten to urinate in it..." confused me for a few seconds. I initially pictured him taking out a severed penis and threatening to urinate in it (the severed penis). I'm still not sure if that isn't the case.

The word "genitals" is plural, while the pronoun "it" is singular. Therefore they must be saying that he threatened to piss in the car. Had they said "genitalia" instead it would be more ambiguous. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Are you talking about this?

DHTMAGbXsAAtZOe.jpg

Heh. Yeah.  But by the time I saw it she had fuck sheriff whatever his name all over it (who arrested them previously). Pretty sure there was another pit bull sticker too - “no to breed legislation” or something of the sort.  Fucking Stafford.  

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dnaguy said:

Never had it so I can’t say.

But I though it would have to be pretty heavenly if our illustrious governor thought it was worth standing up for.

Can you walk me though how it’s bad?

I feel that this whole political bbq talk fell into our governor’s lap and he may need to spin it if the bbq is as bad as you say.

I guess he’ll have to just roll with the punches and not run from the controversy.  

What you did there.  I see it.

Also this:

3 minutes ago, suddenly shaggy said:

The best way to order BBQ with Abbott is to wait and see where he's going and then go somewhere else. 

Seriously.....the fact that he wasn't tarred and feathered and run out of Texas without even the courtesy of another election after he said "the most important thing about barbecue is the sauce" makes me believe that Texas is dead, never to be revived.  I mean.....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Easily thousands of dollars in hardware with good resale value. For an 18 year old, it’s not the worst place to put your money.  

If he'd spent it on beer and chasing ass like I did, he 1) wouldn't have much in the way of investment, BUT, 2) he wouldn't be a sad frustrated dude who wants to kill everyone.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Like 8

Just now, Brisketexan said:

If he'd spent it on beer and chasing ass like I did, he 1) wouldn't have much in the way of investment, BUT, 2) he wouldn't be a sad frustrated dude who wants to kill everyone.

No argument from me, beer and chasing ass are much better investments than firearms for an 18 year old. 

• Like 1

Took over a week but the FBI finally got around to approving background checks again, it appears, or got through the sizable backlog after the El Paso/Dayton tragedies. It appears there was a rush on law abiding citizens trying to be the urban legend/myth of "good guy with a gun" because I've heard it is usually instantaneously approved.

49 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Took over a week but the FBI finally got around to approving background checks again, it appears, or got through the sizable backlog after the El Paso/Dayton tragedies. It appears there was a rush on law abiding citizens trying to be the urban legend/myth of "good guy with a gun" because I've heard it is usually instantaneously approved.

I know a guy with a felony who applied for CC and was approved ezpz.  He was kind of shocked but happy.   Some of the bat shit craziest people I've ever met concealed carry. It's a joke.

Send this to your redneck relatives/acquaintances who don't want no government background checks being beefed up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-shooting-texas-idUSKCN1V3013?utm_source=reddit.com

More El Paso residents than ever before crowded into a class over the weekend to become certified to carry a concealed gun in public in Texas after this month’s mass shooting at a Walmart store that killed 22 people.

The vast majority of people at the classes were Hispanic; El Paso is a predominantly Latino city. Police say the accused gunman deliberately attacked Hispanics in the Walmart. 

Michael McIntyre, general manager of Gun Central, one of the largest gun shops in El Paso and the host of the class, on Friday said his store tallied double the usual number of sales in the week following the attack, something that did not happen after previous mass shootings in Texas. 

Most of the sales were for handguns, which can be strapped to an ankle or shoulder under clothing. 

“I have over 50 for this Saturday class and approximately the same amount for the Sunday class, and I normally have approximately seven,” McIntyre said. 

“We actually had two people buy guns here who were actually in the Walmart on the day of the shooting. The other people are just saying, ‘Hey, you know I want to be able to protect myself in the event of something going on.’,” he said. 

“This is not the last mass shooting we’re going to see.”

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Send this to your redneck relatives/acquaintances who don't want no government background checks being beefed up.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-shooting-texas-idUSKCN1V3013?utm_source=reddit.com

Just a reminder....the prospect of armed minorities is what led to strict gun laws in the 60s (couldn't have no black folks walking around with guns).  Armed messicans -- by God, what's this country coming to?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Just a reminder....the prospect of armed minorities is what led to strict gun laws in the 60s (couldn't have no black folks walking around with guns).  Armed messicans -- by God, what's this country coming to?

Armed Mexicans are MS13 bro.  Trump out front shoulda told ya!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 8/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, Brisketexan said:

Seriously.....the fact that he wasn't tarred and feathered and run out of Texas without even the courtesy of another election after he said "the most important thing about barbecue is the sauce" makes me believe that Texas is dead, never to be revived.  I mean.....

giphy.gif

texans overwhelmingly voted for a man who puts ketchup on his well done steaks. 

• Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread