Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Our culture isn’t the only problem, but it IS a fucking problem.  No country with a functioning culture elects Donald Fucking Trump to the presidency.  

We may have cultural problems, but I don't think that necessarily means they are connected to mass shootings.   The UK doesn't have the same kind of mass shooting problem, and they've basically done the equivalent of us electing Donald Trump to the presidency.

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

I’d bet Midland/Odessa is pretty near the top of the list of places with the most CHL holders per capita.   I know private citizens with guns have stopped plenty of crimes, but if a multiple site prolonged mass shooting can happen in the Permian of all places, then that should be the end of fantasizing that the solution is relying on a bunch of armed mall shoppers to go Rambo and save the day.

I think you underestimate how delusional the average CHL holder is. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

I’d bet Midland/Odessa is pretty near the top of the list of places with the most CHL holders per capita.   I know private citizens with guns have stopped plenty of crimes, but if a multiple site prolonged mass shooting can happen in the Permian of all places, then that should be the end of fantasizing that the solution is relying on a bunch of armed mall shoppers to go Rambo and save the day.

If the 17 month old had been strapped, this could have played out entirely differently

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Post Oak said:

I've gonna from being in favor of reasonable gun control to favoring the most draconian gun laws we can conceive.  

You can pass any law you can think of.  None of them will stop this.  This isn't a problem that legislatures solve.  This is a problem society solves.  We had less strict gun control laws forty and fifty years ago and this wasn't happening.  Something has happened with our evolution as a species since then.

• Fuck You 10

5 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

You can pass any law you can think of.  None of them will stop this.  This isn't a problem that legislatures solve.  This is a problem society solves.  We had less strict gun control laws forty and fifty years ago and this wasn't happening.  Something has happened with our evolution as a species since then.

So pre-Limbaugh this wasn't happening. Correlation it causation?

• Like 4

“I love metal extensions of my dick so I’ll go with the problem is too hard and people are broken so nothing can be done and we shouldn’t even bother.”

Fuck that. You people with gun fetishes should have come to the table sooner and made an effort to fix the problem.

But no, y’all have been strident and uncompromising. “Give and inch and they’ll take a mile!” you said.

And now your pigheaded immovable position has contributed to your greatest fears becoming reality.

They’re coming for your guns, assholes.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

If only there were literal mountains of empirical data that disprove your retarded assertion.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2019/mar/20/strict-firearm-laws-reduce-gun-deaths-heres-the-evidence

Go fuck yourself, you retarded fucking lunatic. This is the ONLY country in the world where this happens with regularity. It's not a problem with our fucking DNA. How the fuck do you tie your shoes without assistance?

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

No, we very literally cannot.  

Actually, the momentum keeps building and building, and we will get some gun laws that will make the original AWB in the '90s look quaint by comparison.  Mitch and the NRA are seriously underestimating how the anger is building.

The NRA had their chance to push through a heavy overhaul of how we deal with mental health issues, red flag legislation, etc., and they refused to budge a single fucking inch, so we are going to get AWB II.  The NRA is going to fuck every single law-abiding gun owner.

• Like 3

Texas, the state with all the ace marksmen ready to stop evildoers in an instant, now falls to 1-18 in its last 19 mass shootings.  Only once since 1966, did a non-law enforcement person take out an active shooter.  1 for 18, that's not great Bob!  Coach says maybe take a seat on the bench and quit shooting...

Since it was video games last time, I assume Dan Patrick will rotate around to school prayer on this one.  

5 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Texas, the state with all the ace marksmen ready to stop evildoers in an instant, now falls to 1-18 in its last 19 mass shootings.  Only once since 1966, did a non-law enforcement person take out an active shooter.  1 for 18, that's not great Bob!  Coach says maybe take a seat on the bench and quit shooting...

Since it was video games last time, I assume Dan Patrick will rotate around to school prayer on this one.  

I think it's because of the gays

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well, by Dan Patrick's outstanding logic on school prayer.  Islam-centric nations must be the safest places on Earth since their kids not only pray at school, they do it multiple times a day.  Yet, he likes to shit on Muslims and say their more violent than Judeo-Christians.  If school prayer defeats violence, you fucking child, how does Islam incite terrorism?  

On 8/29/2019 at 11:49 AM, Biff Tannen said:

So weird that they all keep fitting this same profile.

and such a weird coincidence that they’re all crawling out of the woodwork under Trump.  anyway, what are the liberals doing to stop the milkshake throwers? 

- Republicans 

• Like 4
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

You are quite literally one of the stupidest motherfuckers I have ever encountered.  Decorum and a desire to avoid a vacation prohibits me from telling you what I would sincerely hope you could accomplish in the near future, but hey, I'm sure you can imagine.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Lobo said:

We have school prayer.  It's called a minute of silence, and it's mandated  by the Texas legislature after the Pledge of Allegiance.  Kids can pray, think about the weekend, whatever the fuck they want to do during that little minute, as long as they are silent.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

No. Legislation can change society. Society used to be abundant with cigarette smokers. Hell, doctors told pregnant women to smoke. It wasn't a problem 40-50 years ago, and then we found out they were bad. So we restricted them, taxed them, made it generally harder to purchase while government paid for commercials ran to inform the populace of the ills of smoking. How prevalent is cigarette smoking now?

Government actions changed society. Stop regurgitating bull shit. 

Edited by SmokeyTheBear
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, SmokeyTheBear said:

No. Legislation can change society. Society used be abundant with cigarette smokers. Doctors told pregnant women to smoke. It wasn't a problem 40-50 years ago, and then we found out they were bad. So restricted them, taxed them, made it generally harder to purchase while government paid for commercials ran to inform the populace of the ills of smoking. How prevalent is cigarette smoking now?

Government actions changed society. Stop regurgitating bull shit. 

It's really simple.  Draw the line at weapon X, and possession of any weapon beyond X is a felony.  If we catch you with said weapon, you spend 10 years in prison.  We don't care if you're a standup dad, a HS teacher, an accountant, a farmer, what the fuck ever.  You own a weapon on the list and we find out about it, you're going to prison.  Do not pass go, do not collect shit.  

• Like 3

Here's what I don't get.  I'm, generally, pro 2nd Amendment.  However the first 3 words in the amendment are "A well regulated...".  Now I'm no attorney but regulations sure as hell seem to indicate the FF knew there'd need to be parameters put on the 2nd.   Regulations = restrictions.  The 2nd isn't some blank check for limitless gun rights.  Fucking frustrating. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's really simple.  Draw the line at weapon X, and possession of any weapon beyond X is a felony.  If we catch you with said weapon, you spend 10 years in prison.  We don't care if you're a standup dad, a HS teacher, an accountant, a farmer, what the fuck ever.  You own a weapon on the list and we find out about it, you're going to prison.  Do not pass go, do not collect shit.  

Yep. Some reply that genie is out of the bottle, and that making gun X illegal won’t make every owner return them. Which is 100% right. But every time gun x surfaces, put everyone with knowledge of it in prison for 10 years.  Oh, 4 friends, your girlfriend and your mom knew you had it? 10 years for you and them.  After a while, even criminals won’t want to hold onto a gun that owning 1 of them can put the entire crew away.

and im ok if the govt reimburses people that are forced to turn over gun x during the amnesty period. Give them a tax break. $100 for a now-worthless gun. 

9 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And apparently the news that the 17 month old died was wrong.

And that wasn’t even from Twitter - that was actually said on some news coverage. Thank goodness she survived.

The skeptic in me wonders if a 17 month old was ever injured because the gofundme came out suspiciously fast.

9 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

If only there were literal mountains of empirical data that disprove your retarded assertion.

https://www.theguardian.com/news/datablog/2019/mar/20/strict-firearm-laws-reduce-gun-deaths-heres-the-evidence

Go fuck yourself, you retarded fucking lunatic. This is the ONLY country in the world where this happens with regularity. It's not a problem with our fucking DNA. How the fuck do you tie your shoes without assistance?

How fucking old are you?  I was born in 1966.  Between Charles Whitman in the year I was born and the fuckface that shot up the McDonalds in San Ysidro, California in 1984 nothing like this made the national news.  You would have a serial killer like Son of Sam or Zodiac come along every few years but that is different from the "how many people can I kill in one place or at one time" killer we are plagued with today. In that time period I had access to guns since I was 12 years old and practically every other boy I went to school with in my class at that time had access to them too.  I'm willing to bet my school was not an outlier among rural schools back then either. 

When did this stuff skyrocket?  Right after the advent of the 24 hour news channel and just before the popularity of the internet skyrocketed as well.  When no one gave the people that did this attention it rarely happened.  Now everyone gives it attention and it keeps on happening.  It's not the number of guns that is the problem.  It is the number of "who gives a fuck how many people I kill" attention whores this country has produced in the last few generations that is the problem.  500 numbnuts in Washington D.C. who basically sit around and pick nits out of each other's fur are not going to produce the solution.  We as individual members of society have to figure this out.  It's not a legal problem. It's a moral problem.  A person that knows it is not right to kill another human being unless in self-defense and accepts his responsibility as a gun owner to not do that is not a threat if he owns one gun or 2,000.  A person that can not or will not understand and accept that principle is a threat to kill if he has one gun, two thousand guns, or no gun.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 7

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Here's what I don't get.  I'm, generally, pro 2nd Amendment.  However the first 3 words in the amendment are "A well regulated...".  Now I'm no attorney but regulations sure as hell seem to indicate the FF knew there'd need to be parameters put on the 2nd.   Regulations = restrictions.  The 2nd isn't some blank check for limitless gun rights.  Fucking frustrating. 

In the 18th Century, "well-regulated" meant well-drilled, ready to fight without State or Federal guidance.  It had no meaning regarding "to regulate" or restrict.  The argument is more whether a "well-regulated militia" is anachronistic (i.e. irrelevant today) and therefore should be stricken, but it's not over the meaning of those words when written by Madison in 1791.  That would not be an argument for/against the amendment.
https://constitutioncenter.org/images/uploads/news/CNN_Aug_11.pdf

How fucking old are you?  I was born in 1966.  Between Charles Whitman in the year I was born and the fuckface that shot up the McDonalds in San Ysidro, California in 1984 nothing like this made the national news.  You would have a serial killer like Son of Sam or Zodiac come along every few years but that is different from the "how many people can I kill in one place or at one time" killer we are plagued with today. In that time period I had access to guns since I was 12 years old and practically every other boy I went to school with in my class at that time had access to them too.  I'm willing to bet my school was not an outlier among rural schools back then either. 
When did this stuff skyrocket?  Right after the advent of the 24 hour news channel and just before the popularity of the internet skyrocketed as well.  When no one gave the people that did this attention it rarely happened.  Now everyone gives it attention and it keeps on happening.  It's not the number of guns that is the problem.  It is the number of "who gives a fuck how many people I kill" attention whores this country has produced in the last few generations that is the problem.  500 numbnuts in Washington D.C. who basically sit around and pick nits out of each other's fur are not going to produce the solution.  We as individual members of society have to figure this out.  It's not a legal problem. It's a moral problem.  A person that knows it is not right to kill another human being unless in self-defense and accepts his responsibility as a gun owner to not do that is not a threat if he owns one gun or 2,000.  A person that can not or will not understand and accept that principle is a threat to kill if he has one gun, two thousand guns, or no gun.

4b12d684902c968833fd53872b7679bd.gif

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread