2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

19 hours ago, Harvdog said:

The $9.95 guys are playing checkers and Sark is playing chess.  Thus, check mate and the mole can GTFO

Let’s wait until we win 8 games in a season before rewarding Sark with the “genius” label.

(this is completely aside from the QB “controversy”, I think he made the correct call there)

Edited by lilMAC25

It seems like Sark wanted to give Card one last practice to win the job so that he doesn’t have to start the freshman, so Thursday was the Card show and he didn’t impress enough to change Sark’s mind. Also a cool thing to do for Card. Then the media’s “sources” (players they can now pay for info) told them Card got all of the snaps, and the media filled in the rest (“Ewers is taking it well…” BS). 

Edited by NoRagrets
  • Hook 'Em 2

I just can't believe there's this much drama surrounding the announcement that the guy who left a million dollar NIL deal at Ohio State and was recruited extremely heavily by Texas, was named the starter.

There's just no amount of "information" that could possibly come from the $9.95 crowd to trump the very simple logical conclusion that was made as soon as Ewers announced he was coming here - that he was not coming to hold a clipboard behind Hudson Card. That was always the case; and keeping that in mind, of course he was named the starter.

I'm sure Card will play when the first three games are out of hand, and it's very possible Ewers gets hurt at some point behind this OL. He'll have a chance to get his business degree and put some improved play on tape so he can go get a MBA and another shot at being the guy somewhere else. 

• Hook 'Em 3

18 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

Let’s wait until we win 8 games in a season before rewarding Sark with the “genius” label.

(this is completely aside from the QB “controversy”, I think he made the correct call there)

The only “controversy” was made by the $9.95ers who ended up being wrong and people who believed their word was god 

17 hours ago, JFKFC said:

Idk who this guy is, but he obviously has credibility on being an alpha male given that his twitter profile is dedicated to kissing the ass of one person. I can't really imagine anything more alpha than identifying myself with a cover photo that says "XXXXXXXXX's FAVORITE AUTHOR" 

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

That’s funny. I’m glad I could do my part to help the team though. I always try to put the Longhorn football team first. 

My raging fat ass is headed out for a nice Friday night dinner. Just waiting on the crane I rented to pick me up. Could take some time. 

005A5CB0-8058-44AD-A519-3620514FDC8E.jpeg

Green eyed redhead. Very Irish. Based on personal history I am saying trouble. 😉

11 hours ago, Laxtonto said:

I think there are several of you that need to take a look at how Bama runs who gets the legit intel and how Sarks relationship with the 9.95 group prior to the Bama coaching rehab experience potentially contributed to his downfall.

If Sark is following the Saban media model, the 9.95ers are going to be pigeonholed to an occasional scoop in trade for favorable recruiting spin and any big story is going to get slipped to the legacy print media. A town like Austin, where UT is the lone show sports-wise, allows Sark (and Saban in Tuscaloosa for that matter) to dictate the flow of information and as shitty as they are of doing their job the local print media still have value to UT as a mouth piece to the casual fan. Some 9.95 dude on the internet does not.  Those guys will get the scoop from here on out for “official” news. After that, On3 purely off of contacts and long standing relationships and then everyone else.

The information game and using info as ways to butter up donors will never die, but expect leaks from within the house to be pretty well cut out and the occasional mole hunt to keep it that way. Look at Saban and Bama, and you will see Sarks vision of how the UT media will learn to behave or get starved out.

Well said

8 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

The amount of dick sucking the IT members are doing to Nahlin for his Ewers thing I posted earlier is funny.

It reminds me of the people who double down after getting scammed out of money - their ego won't allow them to admit that they got fooled/taken.  And I say this as an IT sub.  

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Anwar knew this tweet would get engagement. The first scrimmage was closed to the media and public too.

What’s such BS is this shit happens at all big time programs. 
Who fucking cares?

I wish Sark would pull media credentials from all these dipshits. 

4 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

It reminds me of the people who double down after getting scammed out of money - their ego won't allow them to admit that they got fooled/taken.  And I say this as an IT sub.  

This reminds of the famous story by the former military psychoanalyst who followed a Chicago doomsday cult in the 50’s. The Seekers, I think. The cult let him/her, can’t remember which or if there was also a reporter, join in and observe their view of the last days on earth.

The leader was a female and she’d received word from aliens that the world would end on a certain day due to global flooding, but the aliens would show up at a specific time and day to pick them up ahead of the disaster. People quit their jobs and shit to join this group. Each time the time and day came and went, the leader would change the date via a new message. She couldn’t adjust to reality due to the ego blow, and neither could her followers. There’s actually a psychological term for this phenomena, I just can’t remember it. You’re right that Nahlin and Ketchum are absolutely exhibiting signs of it though. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This reminds of the famous story by the former military psychoanalyst who followed a Chicago doomsday cult in the 50’s. The Seekers, I think. The cult let him/her, can’t remember which or if there was also a reporter, join in and observe their view of the last days on earth.

The leader was a female and she’d received word from aliens that the world would end on a certain day due to global flooding, but the aliens would show up at a specific time and day to pick them up ahead of the disaster. People quit their jobs and shit to join this group. Each time the time and day came and went, the leader would change the date via a new message. She couldn’t adjust to reality due to the ego blow, and neither could her followers. There’s actually a psychological term for this phenomena, I just can’t remember it. You’re right that Nahlin and Ketchum are absolutely exhibiting signs of it though. 

The Psychological term you’re looking for is Batshit Crazy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

That's the study that invented the term cognitive dissonance, sir.

• Hook 'Em 6