2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'

DFW Horn

1 minute ago, CheesePie said:

The surrounding pieces should improve the running game, certainly. The formula is still going to be heavy servings of Bijan, with a side scoop of Roschon. Keilan Robinson will have his moments. Expecting the freshman who currently sits 5th on the depth chart to contribute in a meaningful way is far fetched, given the talent in front of him.

I don't think anyone expects him to contribute much but that doesn't mean the room isn't better than last year.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

What possibly makes you think the coaching will be worse? Many believe it will be better including me.

Part of me wants to say I’m not sure it could be worse than last year.

But if there’s one thing the last 12 years has taught me, it’s that it can always get worse.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Coaches Johnny Sack has been more excited about.

ShockedHarmoniousCrownofthornsstarfish.g

11.gif

I would rank them Herman, Sark, and Strong.

Strong was in a special class of regardness that it least made it entertaining.  Watching that clueless bumblefuck try and coach at least was good for some laughs.

Herman needed to go.  But we downgraded with Sarkisian.  At least that is my view until proven otherwise.

• Drool 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Strong was in a special class of regardness that it least made it entertaining.  Watching that clueless bumblefuck try and coach at least was good for some laughs.

Herman needed to go.  But we downgraded with Sarkisian.  At least that is my view until proven otherwise.

Herman left the program worse than he found it. I would rather see Strong part deux, than ever see Herman back at Texas. I know Strong would at least leave a bunch of talent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Now tell me about their supporting staff and whom you'd like to see retained as Texas transitions to the SEC?  And no, we can't cherry-pick Traylor, and yes, Sark is already recruiting successfully against Saban, Smart, Jimbo, Heupel, Kelly, Kiffin and Napier.

Sark is in the right place at the right time.  Few of us are happy about the defense side of the ball and the OL is still serviceable at best, but the changes made in the spring already address those concerns, just that it's going to take longer than one offseason to bear fruit.

My concern is that we are all going to see what a real HC looks and acts and well coaches like when we play UTSA and we could have gotten Traylor easy. UTSA will likely not win that game unless we are busted open like a broken piñata from the Bama Armageddon. I was very vocal about wanting Meyer and sure, it seemed like a perfect idea at the time. But I’ve always admired Traylor. He was a no brainer for me.

Hopefully, all this Monday morning whining and opining about Sark is premature and not indicative of where the program is headed but I would feel a heck of a lot more confident about where we are and where we are going with Traylor. My two cents. Go make me a sandwich with the crust cut off. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

My concern is that we are all going to see what a real HC looks and acts and well coaches like when we play UTSA and we could have gotten Traylor easy. UTSA will likely not win that game unless we are busted open like a broken piñata from the Bama Armageddon. I was very vocal about wanting Meyer and sure, it seemed like a perfect idea at the time. But I’ve always admired Traylor. He was a no brainer for me.

Hopefully, all this Monday morning whining and opining about Sark is premature and not indicative of where the program is headed but I would feel a heck of a lot more confident about where we are and where we are going with Traylor. My two cents. Go make me a sandwich with the crust cut off. 

You wanted Meyer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

54 minutes ago, stork642 said:

Two major reasons the defense sucked last year.  They were on the field way too long and BJ Foster.   Half of that issue is gone.  As far as being on the field too long some of that goes on the defense but also the offense for not sustaining drives in the second half.  With our running back room now I see that less of an issue moving forward.   

49 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

It’s the same RB room

I believe we’ve established that the proper abbreviation is RUNNING BACK. 

13 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

OK, for all the weird mfs who apparently don't follow Texas football very closely. We have 5-star talents at QB, RB, and WR. We are about to rip everyone some brand new assholes. Quit your sad soyboy nonsense and get your ass a cup of this fucking koolaid already. Jesus, y'all need to get laid or something.

Again, it’s QUARTERBACK, RUNNING BACK, and WIDE RECEIVER. Talk about user name checking out…

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

jack-off-jerk-off.gif

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, lazygringo said:

OK, for all the weird mfs who apparently don't follow Texas football very closely. We have 5-star talents at QB, RB, and WR. We are about to rip everyone some brand new assholes. Quit your sad soyboy nonsense and get your ass a cup of this fucking koolaid already. Jesus, y'all need to get laid or something.

Shouldn’t TE and OL be added to this as well?

I understudy there is a lot of young talent with much higher potential than last year and it’s year 2 in a complex system on both sides of the ball. These facts are not lost on me. 

the facts that seem to be lost on many people who are blindly excited for a championship caliber season this year is that this staff went 5-7, lost 6 games in a row and one of those games that was lost was Kansas at home.

• Hook 'Em 5

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I understudy there is a lot of young talent with much higher potential than last year and it’s year 2 in a complex system on both sides of the ball. These facts are not lost on me. 

the facts that seem to be lost on many people who are blindly excited for a championship caliber season this year is that this staff went 5-7, lost 6 games in a row and one of those games that was lost was Kansas at home.

Que?

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

I want to believe...help my unbelief. It feels like it shouldn't be worse than last year. I mean, no way should we expect a 6-game losing streak or a loss to Kansas, right? But the nagging feeling that Sark is in way over his head, just as I felt watching Strong in his second season and Herman by his third season, keeps hanging in there.

Changing coaches again would not be ideal, but its also inevitable if another 5-win season rolls around.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

This is where I fall. Same Story. New Chapter. 

Texas has tons of talent. Coaches are terrible and this will end in similar fashion. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 3

I have to begrudgingly agree with this sentiment. I don't want to, but this is my reality. 

Wow I am seeing it so differently. Sark is getting all the right things done. The only piece that seems questionable to me is his DC seems to be a misfit for our players, but we’ll see this year how that shakes out.

A closer look at the W/L last year reveals that this team could easily have had a very good season. Casey’s hand injury and the handling of it were a big problem. We were dominating for the majority of the game in many of our losses. I know it’s loser speak, but there was good to be found and I expect a much better season this year. #YouthMovt
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

The surrounding pieces should improve the running game, certainly. The formula is still going to be heavy servings of Bijan, with a side scoop of Roschon. Keilan Robinson will have his moments. Expecting the freshman who currently sits 5th on the depth chart to contribute in a meaningful way is far fetched, given the talent in front of him.

Seems like the TE position is going to leave its mark this year on the offense. 12 personnel is QE friend.

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

i think there is a middle ground between doom & gloom and SHOW ME A LOSS.  to me, this season is all about showing the potential of what could lie ahead (especially offensively).  there are going to be a shit ton of mistakes and frustrations throughout the season and it is very likely we are going to blow a game or two that we feel as if we should have won (think oklahoma state last year).  but sark going with ewers after all the noise about card looking like the guy has definitely raised the excitement level for this season.  i think the expectations for this year's team should be 1) constant improvement week to week, and 2) a winning record.  my goal is 8-4, but i suppose 7-5 wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.  anything 6-6 or worse and i'll probably sound like you next offseason.  

no one should be expecting this team to compete for a championship at this point in the year.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Herman left the program worse than he found it. I would rather see Strong part deux, than ever see Herman back at Texas. I know Strong would at least leave a bunch of talent. 

Strong left a bunch of talent?  You should call up some NFL teams and let them know they have missed out on a bunch of Charlie Strong specials.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, KeysPhoneWallet said:

Wow I am seeing it so differently. Sark is getting all the right things done. The only piece that seems questionable to me is his DC seems to be a misfit for our players, but we’ll see this year how that shakes out.

A closer look at the W/L last year reveals that this team could easily have had a very good season. Casey’s hand injury and the handling of it were a big problem. We were dominating for the majority of the game in many of our losses. I know it’s loser speak, but there was good to be found and I expect a much better season this year. #YouthMovt

I tell you what - take all of your "closer looks" and hypotheticals, and load them all up in one of your hands. Then, take a steaming, heaving grumpy and drop it right into your other hand. Then let us all know the results regarding which one fills up faster.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Traylor was offered a deal that was below, but not unreasonably lower, than what Tech and TCU were offering him, in order for him to stay at UTSA and within the UT system. Were a school to come calling anytime soon for him, there's a buyout associated to getting him that isn't small. The only exception to that would be another school hiring him within the UT system. This was engineered thoughtfully. If Sarkisian doesn't get it done between now and the end of the 2024 season, and if Traylor keeps demonstrating that he has it all together at UTSA, he'd be the leader in the clubhouse as the next guy.

A lot of us wanted Meyer, unapologetically. If Texas could hire Urban Meyer right now, I would be cheering Seven Loss Steve to the exit and laughing at every person on the boards clutching their pearls about the game being past Meyer or worrying about him being an asshole or a philanderer. 12 years wandering in the desert, with more to come, have taught me where I draw the line on what I'll accept to win at Texas. As it turns out, that line is just past Urban Meyer, and well short of Briles/Switzer/Paterno. Thanks.

im curious, where does Gary Patterson fit into this clubhouse ? 

30 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Strong left a bunch of talent?  You should call up some NFL teams and let them know they have missed out on a bunch of Charlie Strong specials.

That is funny. Clearly you do not know the list of players that committed to Strong that are in the NFL.

This should help https://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/active-nfl-players-by-college/texas/92016

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 6

A lot of us wanted Meyer, unapologetically. If Texas could hire Urban Meyer right now, I would be cheering Seven Loss Steve to the exit and laughing at every person on the boards clutching their pearls about the game being past Meyer or worrying about him being an asshole or a philanderer. 12 years wandering in the desert, with more to come, have taught me where I draw the line on what I'll accept to win at Texas. As it turns out, that line is just past Urban Meyer, and well short of Briles/Switzer/Paterno. Thanks.

Meyer is an asshole philanderer. No or…

2 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Traylor was offered a deal that was below, but not unreasonably lower, than what Tech and TCU were offering him, in order for him to stay at UTSA and within the UT system. Were a school to come calling anytime soon for him, there's a buyout associated to getting him that isn't small. The only exception to that would be another school hiring him within the UT system. This was engineered thoughtfully. If Sarkisian doesn't get it done between now and the end of the 2024 season, and if Traylor keeps demonstrating that he has it all together at UTSA, he'd be the leader in the clubhouse as the next guy.

Meyer is done.  Bullies aren’t going to do well in the portal era IMO.

• Hook 'Em 3

This is not the year to be expecting 10 wins.  With like 3 exceptions, all of the talent on this years team is underclassmen and like half of it has never started a game. We should realistically be looking for a winning record and a bowl.  It sounds pathetic but that’s where we are.  End the year looking like a team to be reckoned with going forward.  That retains the recruiting class.   The X factor here is whether PK is in fact a potato or just needed an adjustment year.  That to me is everything.  Don’t do stupid shut on defense that a 6A high school coach could see is stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1