DFW Horn

8 hours ago, Loather said:

Last five years recruiting class rankings, Texas vs. Baylor

(2018)   Texas 3rd     Baylor 29th 

(2019)   Texas 3rd     Baylor 36th 

(2020)   Texas 8th     Baylor 49th 

(2021)   Texas 15th    Baylor 41st 

(2022)   Texas 5th     Baylor 37th 

2021 Texas Longhorns, finish 5-7, unranked, did not go to a bowl game, lost to Kansas at home, quit playing after first half of OU game, lost 6 games in a row, shit themselves, quit on their coaches and families, made lifelong fans want to stop watching football, humiliated themselves and their school, unranked in final AP poll

2021 Baylor Bears, finish 12-2, beat OSU to win Big 12 Championship, beat Ole Miss to win Sugar Bowl, 5th in final AP poll

So much for class rankings

This team quit last year, simple as that. For anyone that ever played football in the backyard that is hard to wrap your head around. Why quit? If for nothing else your personal dignity, have a little pride in yourself for f**ks sake. It drove Coach Davis so crazy he almost had a psychotic breakdown, and at the time it seemed like a reasonable take on the situation. Whoever is injured, who is playing edge, who lines up at QB - all just noise. This team could win with either guy if they showed up to play. Until this issue is addressed nothing else matters. This loser mentality is so deeply entrenched at this point it will take someone truly special to pull them out of it. I like Sarkesian, he's a great OC, and maybe a great HC, but it will be some heavy lifting getting this group to play. This team deserves no beneefit of the doubt. Still pretty much the same crew that laid down for Kansas, entitled, underachieving losers until proven differenty.

Fear not, Loather, this team has a whole new attitude. They are even hanging out together after practices.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Loather said:

2021 Texas Longhorns, finish 5-7, unranked, did not go to a bowl game, lost to Kansas at home, quit playing after first half of OU game, lost 6 games in a row, shit themselves, quit on their coaches and families, made lifelong fans want to stop watching football, humiliated themselves and their school, unranked in final AP poll

2021 Baylor Bears, finish 12-2, beat OSU to win Big 12 Championship, beat Ole Miss to win Sugar Bowl, 5th in final AP poll

This team quit last year, simple as that. For anyone that ever played football in the backyard that is hard to wrap your head around. Why quit? If for nothing else your personal dignity, have a little pride in yourself for f**ks sake. It drove Coach Davis so crazy he almost had a psychotic breakdown, and at the time it seemed like a reasonable take on the situation. Whoever is injured, who is playing edge, who lines up at QB - all just noise. This team could win with either guy if they showed up to play. Until this issue is addressed nothing else matters. This loser mentality is so deeply entrenched at this point it will take someone truly special to pull them out of it. I like Sarkesian, he's a great OC, and maybe a great HC, but it will be some heavy lifting getting this group to play. This team deserves no beneefit of the doubt. Still pretty much the same crew that laid down for Kansas, entitled, underachieving losers until proven differenty.

You know, I was actually starting to look forward to this football season. And then I read this, and I can't argue against a single word of it. Now I'm sad again. Thanks a lot. 

Proving once again the recruiting rankings don't mean shit.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Playing hard wasn't really an issue under Herman. The main issues were not having talent in the right places and never getting out in front in games we should have won easily. And a lot of WTF coaching issues on both sides of the ball. 

11 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Who is this clown? This is why our media can’t have nice things. They perpetuate this bullshit that gets soaked up by the national media and then it becomes a narrative.

It cracks me that anyone would say “it was always going to be Ewers” BUT “blah blah blah.” If it was always going to be Ewers then it’s a good idea to announce it and roll with it since the fucking season is about to start. Sark also said he has no intention of rotating QBs as it is detrimental to development and rhythm and all of that. Not really a ton to read between the lines about honestly. I think Sark gave Card a chance to compete and it’s really not much more complicated than that. If the margin between those two wasn’t slim or close and there was a massive gap between them that’s a very different situation. Narrator: it wasn’t and that’s why Ewers was named the starter. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

It cracks me that anyone would say “it was always going to be Ewers” BUT “blah blah blah.” If it was always going to be Ewers then it’s a good idea to announce it and roll with it since the fucking season is about to start. Sark also said he has no intention of rotating QBs as it is detrimental to development and rhythm and all of that. Not really a ton to read between the lines about honestly. I think Sark gave Card a chance to compete and it’s really not much more complicated than that. If the margin between those two wasn’t slim or close and there was a massive gap between them that’s a very different situation. Narrator: it wasn’t and that’s why Ewers was named the starter. 

He gave Card a chance to compete, but you don’t pay millions to bring a guy in due to having shitty QB play the year before just to have that new guy sit on the bench. The expectation from the very beginning was to bring in a guy who could elevate the level of play at QB and get Sark’s offense to the appropriate level. Of course, that new QB was going to have to work for the job, but make no mistake that it was his job to lose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, alincoln said:

Tell that to Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and Georgia.  

That whole argument is just fucking stale and stupid at this point. We’ve had shit coaching the last several years and no real consistency. We’ve had better recruiting classes year over year than every team in our conference save OU. We just didn’t coach them up properly. That’s all. It’s not that complicated. It’s just not. Any good coach at a much lesser program would have done so much more with our recruits. We chose poorly after we fired Mack. We didn’t have a successor lined up. We screwed ourselves. And we let a lot of bad apples infect the program. I can assure that any of the up and coming coaches the past few years wouldn’t have complained a bit about getting those players and would have done a hell of a lot more with them. Period. That will be $9.95 and a back massage. Thanks.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

10 hours ago, Loather said:

To some extent, I agree, but also, it isn’t the same crew. Huge roster turnover before this season. 

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Proving once again the recruiting rankings don't mean shit.

there is dumb takes...then there is this.

i bet you would rather have some hard working 3* that Joe Wickline found at a country school than some Kelvin Banks looking 5*s, am i right?

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, TornACL said:

Doesn't matter what your recruiting ranking was four years ago when hardly any of them are on the roster anymore.

Along those same lines, Baylor had something like 12 or 13 seniors and super-seniors starting.  It's a comparison of fully-developed and maximized low recruiting classes vs young raw recruiting classes.

Edited by JBJ
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, lilMAC25 said:

To some extent, I agree, but also, it isn’t the same crew. Huge roster turnover before this season. 

Two major reasons the defense sucked last year.  They were on the field way too long and BJ Foster.   Half of that issue is gone.  As far as being on the field too long some of that goes on the defense but also the offense for not sustaining drives in the second half.  With our running back room now I see that less of an issue moving forward.   

Edited by stork642

54 minutes ago, NoName said:

there is dumb takes...then there is this.

i bet you would rather have some hard working 3* that Joe Wickline found at a country school than some Kelvin Banks looking 5*s, am i right?

I would rather have players who can play and are intrinsically motivated.   Banks fits that mold (reportedly) and BJ Foster did not (reportedly).   If they have both the skill, physical attributes, and motivations all the better.   If they are standing around lost after years on an offensive line and watching people blow past them while they block air on a 2 man rush, than their attributes are not in question but their motivation and skill are.   That is a challenge.

6 minutes ago, CheesePie said:

It’s the same RB room

Same personnel + Blue with an extra year of physical maturity in their second season in the offensive system. There is no reason for that room not to be better. Brooks was unknown last year. He could start for most big 12 teams and he is what, 3rd string at best?

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

Same personnel + Blue with an extra year of physical maturity in their second season in the offensive system. There is no reason for that room not to be better. Brooks was unknown last year. He could start for most big 12 teams and he is what, 3rd string at best?

RB room isnt going to change much for the offense in 2022. The changes will comes from the OL and the QB play

Casey's 3rd down stats

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD INT LNG SACK

30 59 467 50.8 7.9 4 3 58 6

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

I should have also mentioned tight end play this year compared to last.  That will have a significant impact on this team’s ability to maintain drives.  

• Hook 'Em 5

Just now, The Original Greaser Bob said:

I'm totally excited, even if that means we will be moving on to a new coach.  This year is going to be fun.

Same here. I just want to watch some football. Should be fun most of the time watching these young guys grow. It for sure will be frustrating some of the time though.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

I guess.  My expectations are so low.  Oh well, more time for hunting and fishing.  Love my falls in Texas.

If you have low expectations maybe you won't be disappointed. Fair enough. I love my longhorns and I will watch them no matter what. There have been times over the years I turned off the TV during a game because I was so pissed but I always turn it on at the beginning.

7 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Least excited I have been for a season since the Strong era.  Just marking time until we hire a competent head coach.  Still cannot believe we hired this spare.

I have to begrudgingly agree with this sentiment. I don't want to, but this is my reality. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, stork642 said:

I should have also mentioned tight end play this year compared to last.  That will have a significant impact on this team’s ability to maintain drives.  

The surrounding pieces should improve the running game, certainly. The formula is still going to be heavy servings of Bijan, with a side scoop of Roschon. Keilan Robinson will have his moments. Expecting the freshman who currently sits 5th on the depth chart to contribute in a meaningful way is far fetched, given the talent in front of him.

Edited by CheesePie

9 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

There’s a really good reason for that room to not be better:

poor coaching

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

If you have low expectations maybe you won't be disappointed. Fair enough. I love my longhorns and I will watch them no matter what. There have been times over the years I turned off the TV during a game because I was so pissed but I always turn it on at the beginning.

ben stiller dodgeball GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Our love / hate relationship with Texas football.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5