Jump to content

2022 Fall Camp: Drippin'


DFW Horn

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, NoName said:

isn't that text from Fuck Chip Brown?

it sure would be easy for someone on the leadership council to come out and say they hadn't seen him and blast FCB in the process.

FNY7-VZ37-X2-HK6-DGAEWKC252-PYQ.jpg

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can't wait for this season. If Ewers (or Card I guess) can take care of the ball and make plays, we should be fine. There is A LOT of damn talent out there, just gotta make it work. I'll be very surprised if we don't win more than 8 games. (Think I have said this the past 10 years at this time of the year). 

  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Ovie should be ashamed honestly 

Yeah the mole comment needs context.  No pads, but more importantly, who else dominated Ovie (besides all P5's on the 2021 schedule)?  Was it only Banks, or did others do it too?  And what did Banks do against other edges?  That mole needs to watch more closely and open his trap.  If he gets kicked off the team or fired, so be it.

Edited by ClubWhatever
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NoName said:

...sort of all 3 of those QBs have the same grade but are ranked this way. as far as i know, no one at ESPN has gone into how they differentiated between the 3 guys.

image.png.1c02edf9649bb956be644ce55fe481f8.png

How did Scott Frost let him get away?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

I’m hearing from team sources that Chip Brown might be a cock gobbler.  One source told me, “Point blank, he never turns down a chance to eat a big bag. It’s like clockwork. “.  We’ll keep you posted.  

Lose the “L” and you’d achieve Surly Level ‘Perfection’

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NoName said:

...sort of all 3 of those QBs have the same grade but are ranked this way. as far as i know, no one at ESPN has gone into how they differentiated between the 3 guys.

image.png.1c02edf9649bb956be644ce55fe481f8.png

Just going and watching season highlights I can tell you that Dante Moore is not even in the same building as Nelson and Manning. Here is my take on the three. 

Arch - Pros: sound fundamentals, great footwork, lightning release, big arm, shows the ability to extend plays and progress through multiple reads, accurate on the run and in the pocket, can make off platform throws. Bigger frame with ability to add good weight. Cons: Level of competition, has to run for his life more than you would like which can lead to some bad habits. 

Nelson: Pros: Good fundamentals, very accurate, great play recognition, good arm, athletic and can extend plays and good at QB run game, accurate on the run and in the pocket, decent footwork but room for improvement, quick release, can throw off platform, can make multiple reads. Cons: Slender build, footwork breaks down under pressure, throws into coverage more than you would like in the presence of other open guys. 

Moore: Nice touch and accuracy, pre-snap recognition, decent athlete, good pocket presence. Cons: Weak arm, ball goes to his first read EVERY TIME, throws into coverage a ton.  

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

More notes on yesterday’s practice from IT

Spoiler

Thursday was effectively a 14 hour day for the coaches and players. At this pace, there are going to be some tired freshman in a week or two. 

The defense probably held a slight edge over the offense after practice No. 1. On Thursday, the offense had a more clear advantage during 7 on 7 and team portions of practice No. 2.

The quarterbacks did a better job of protecting the ball, though there were still a couple interceptions. Card was “rock solid” and Ewers threw “two beautiful touchdown passes to Neyor.”

Sark’s confidence in the two quarterbacks is said to be high. That isn’t to say they’ll be great, just that he believes he can win with them.

True freshman Maalik Murphy had a solid day outside of the 15-20 minute media window. 

Jordan Whittington caught a Card touchdown from the slot. While there’s some excitement about Savion Red, and of course Brenen Thompson, IT heard “Tarique Milton will play this year. He’s legit.” Slot depth was a big question entering the summer but that questions seems on pace to be answered in August. Still, stay healthy J-Whitt.

We’re unsure who threw them, but D’Shawn Jamison had his customary pick, and Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey had one as well. “Tuck” has shown the ability to find the ball in the air. If he does the same regarding ball carriers, like he did at James Madison, he’s going to win a starting job and allow Overshown to play of the Edge more.

As far as we know, Jahdae Barron is solely at Star. That’s not surprising given their preference to get better coverage ability from the position, plus they’ll be in nickel a ton. What is interesting is Michael Taaffe is second team Star. It’s sort of hard to square that with previous sentence, but maybe they have another look from the personnel package. In any event, Taaffe is a quality player, you’d just think he’s more of a field safety. (Jaylon Guilbeau is still at corner)

It’s very difficult to tell anything regarding the offensive and defensive lines when they’re not in pads, but Kelvin Banks certainly looks the part during the first two days. “He’s going to help the team this year. As a day-two freshman he’s playing like an upperclassmen.” 

The team will be in half pads the next three practices before going full pads next Tuesday. 

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Humidor:

 

By: Justin, Gerry, and Eric

Team

Thursday was effectively a 14 hour day for the coaches and players. At this pace, there are going to be some tired freshman in a week or two.

The defense probably held a slight edge over the offense after practice No. 1. On Thursday, the offense had a more clear advantage during 7 on 7 and team portions of practice No. 2.

The quarterbacks did a better job of protecting the ball, though there were still a couple interceptions. Card was “rock solid” and Ewers threw “two beautiful touchdown passes to Neyor.”

Sark’s confidence in the two quarterbacks is said to be high. That isn’t to say they’ll be great, just that he believes he can win with them.

True freshman Maalik Murphy had a solid day outside of the 15-20 minute media window.

Jordan Whittington caught a Card touchdown from the slot. While there’s some excitement about Savion Red, and of course Brenen Thompson, IT heard “Tarique Milton will play this year. He’s legit.” Slot depth was a big question entering the summer but that questions seems on pace to be answered in August. Still, stay healthy J-Whitt.

We’re unsure who threw them, but D’Shawn Jamison had his customary pick, and Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey had one as well. “Tuck” has shown the ability to find the ball in the air. If he does the same regarding ball carriers, like he did at James Madison, he’s going to win a starting job and allow Overshown to play of the Edge more.

As far as we know, Jahdae Barron is solely at Star. That’s not surprising given their preference to get better coverage ability from the position, plus they’ll be in nickel a ton. What is interesting is Michael Taaffe is second team Star. It’s sort of hard to square that with previous sentence, but maybe they have another look from the personnel package. In any event, Taaffe is a quality player, you’d just think he’s more of a field safety. (Jaylon Guilbeau is still at corner)

It’s very difficult to tell anything regarding the offensive and defensive lines when they’re not in pads, but Kelvin Banks certainly looks the part during the first two days. “He’s going to help the team this year. As a day-two freshman he’s playing like an upperclassmen.”

The team will be in half pads the next three practices before going full pads next Tuesday.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Humidor:

 

By: Justin, Gerry, and Eric

Team

Thursday was effectively a 14 hour day for the coaches and players. At this pace, there are going to be some tired freshman in a week or two.

The defense probably held a slight edge over the offense after practice No. 1. On Thursday, the offense had a more clear advantage during 7 on 7 and team portions of practice No. 2.

The quarterbacks did a better job of protecting the ball, though there were still a couple interceptions. Card was “rock solid” and Ewers threw “two beautiful touchdown passes to Neyor.”

Sark’s confidence in the two quarterbacks is said to be high. That isn’t to say they’ll be great, just that he believes he can win with them.

True freshman Maalik Murphy had a solid day outside of the 15-20 minute media window.

Jordan Whittington caught a Card touchdown from the slot. While there’s some excitement about Savion Red, and of course Brenen Thompson, IT heard “Tarique Milton will play this year. He’s legit.” Slot depth was a big question entering the summer but that questions seems on pace to be answered in August. Still, stay healthy J-Whitt.

We’re unsure who threw them, but D’Shawn Jamison had his customary pick, and Diamonte Tucker-Dorsey had one as well. “Tuck” has shown the ability to find the ball in the air. If he does the same regarding ball carriers, like he did at James Madison, he’s going to win a starting job and allow Overshown to play of the Edge more.

As far as we know, Jahdae Barron is solely at Star. That’s not surprising given their preference to get better coverage ability from the position, plus they’ll be in nickel a ton. What is interesting is Michael Taaffe is second team Star. It’s sort of hard to square that with previous sentence, but maybe they have another look from the personnel package. In any event, Taaffe is a quality player, you’d just think he’s more of a field safety. (Jaylon Guilbeau is still at corner)

It’s very difficult to tell anything regarding the offensive and defensive lines when they’re not in pads, but Kelvin Banks certainly looks the part during the first two days. “He’s going to help the team this year. As a day-two freshman he’s playing like an upperclassmen.”

The team will be in half pads the next three practices before going full pads next Tuesday.

QB Summary through two days of camp:

Card: Crisp, "slightly better" footwork, "rock solid"

Ewers: Better at every throw, made "beautiful touchdown passes"

What do y'all think Card's next IT compliment will be? "Despite how fierce Ewers' mullet looks, Card's beard is much more neatly trimmed and suited to be the face of the program." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, trythisathome said:

What do y'all think Card's next IT compliment will be? "Despite how fierce Ewers' mullet looks, Card's beard is much more neatly trimmed and suited to be the face of the program." 

“When making his play calls, Ewers tends to be a bit sloppy on his pronunciation where as Card has the perfect diction you would expect from an experienced signal caller. Sark has quite an interesting decision on his hands”

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, NoName said:

isn't that text from Fuck Chip Brown?

it sure would be easy for someone on the leadership council to come out and say they hadn't seen him and blast FCB in the process.

I'm loathe to defend FCB in any way, shape, or form...but Hall is definitely not making a smooth transition.  FCB is closer to the truth than Hall's self serving twitter response  At this point I'd be shocked if he was still around next year.

  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It doesn't matter what anybody says about Card until he shows in a game that he can step up into a crowded pocket and deliver a deep ball on the money.  Don't tell me about the WV game.  That's not what he did on that throw.  And the rest of his game before he got hurt was pretty meh, too, if you go watch it again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't need a fucking nice-footwork, game-manager QB out there. We need a guy that shows up riding a Harley with some skank from the night before hanging off the back and asks the offense "how many points you fuckers wanna hang on these pussies today?"

This program needs that dirtbag motherfucker hell bent on throwing bombs and squeezing passes into impossible windows and not giving a shit what happens. Those are the guys that cover up mistakes and let meh football teams punch above their weight class. Those guys can singlehandedly change the culture and bring out the nasty in everyone else. More than any coach could ever hope to. I know this because we've seen it. At Texas.

I refuse to believe Sark is going to put mr. yes sir no ma'am show up to practice on time keep his nose in the playbook out there for the first snap of the season. If he does then we may as well shut the program down. We have absolutely nothing to lose. Put it all on black and spin that shit and see what happens. If he's a disaster then whatever - just try it again with the next kid. 

  • Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We don't need a fucking nice-footwork, game-manager QB out there. We need a guy that shows up riding a Harley with some skank from the night before hanging off the back and asks the offense "how many points you fuckers wanna hang on these pussies today?"

This program needs that dirtbag motherfucker hell bent on throwing bombs and squeezing passes into impossible windows and not giving a shit what happens. Those are the guys that cover up mistakes and let meh football teams punch above their weight class. Those guys can singlehandedly change the culture and bring out the nasty in everyone else. More than any coach could ever hope to. I know this because we've seen it. At Texas.

I refuse to believe Sark is going to put mr. yes sir no ma'am show up to practice on time keep his nose in the playbook out there for the first snap of the season. If he does then we may as well shut the program down. We have absolutely nothing to lose. Put it all on black and spin that shit and see what happens. If he's a disaster then whatever - just try it again with the next kid. 

Sooo.....Brett Favre Jr. or Patrick Mahomes little brother?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm loathe to defend FCB in any way, shape, or form...but Hall is definitely not making a smooth transition.  FCB is closer to the truth than Hall's self serving twitter response  At this point I'd be shocked if he was still around next year.

Hey, you’re just Someguy, what the heck do you know?

giphy.gif
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't care how good Card looks in practice or how much anyone tries to tell me how much he's learned/grown/etc. 

Last year's refusal to pull the trigger on throws that were right there for the taking was enough for me. Next.

I refuse to believe that this is a competition, and I am convinced that the $9.95ers drum up a QB competition solely for the clicks.

  • Hook 'Em 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We don't need a fucking nice-footwork, game-manager QB out there. We need a guy that shows up riding a Harley with some skank from the night before hanging off the back and asks the offense "how many points you fuckers wanna hang on these pussies today?"
This program needs that dirtbag motherfucker hell bent on throwing bombs and squeezing passes into impossible windows and not giving a shit what happens. Those are the guys that cover up mistakes and let meh football teams punch above their weight class. Those guys can singlehandedly change the culture and bring out the nasty in everyone else. More than any coach could ever hope to. I know this because we've seen it. At Texas.
I refuse to believe Sark is going to put mr. yes sir no ma'am show up to practice on time keep his nose in the playbook out there for the first snap of the season. If he does then we may as well shut the program down. We have absolutely nothing to lose. Put it all on black and spin that shit and see what happens. If he's a disaster then whatever - just try it again with the next kid. 

And now Ewers shall be forever known as Joe Dirtbag in Texas lore.

“Joe Dirtbag with another beautiful deep ball to the fingertips of Neyor/Worthy for a touchdown.”
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

We don't need a fucking nice-footwork, game-manager QB out there. We need a guy that shows up riding a Harley with some skank from the night before hanging off the back and asks the offense "how many points you fuckers wanna hang on these pussies today?"

This program needs that dirtbag motherfucker hell bent on throwing bombs and squeezing passes into impossible windows and not giving a shit what happens. Those are the guys that cover up mistakes and let meh football teams punch above their weight class. Those guys can singlehandedly change the culture and bring out the nasty in everyone else. More than any coach could ever hope to. I know this because we've seen it. At Texas.

I refuse to believe Sark is going to put mr. yes sir no ma'am show up to practice on time keep his nose in the playbook out there for the first snap of the season. If he does then we may as well shut the program down. We have absolutely nothing to lose. Put it all on black and spin that shit and see what happens. If he's a disaster then whatever - just try it again with the next kid. 

 

11 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Sooo.....Brett Favre Jr. or Patrick Mahomes little brother?

Kenny Stabler ain't walking through that door.

Edited by FloridaHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

“When making his play calls, Ewers tends to be a bit sloppy on his pronunciation where as Card has the perfect diction you would expect from an experienced signal caller. Sark has quite an interesting decision on his hands”

Ewers has large hands with which to grip the ball, but Card has better manicured nails on just under average sized hands.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, TornACL said:

I don't care how good Card looks in practice or how much anyone tries to tell me how much he's learned/grown/etc. 

Last year's refusal to pull the trigger on throws that were right there for the taking was enough for me. Next.

I refuse to believe that this is a competition, and I am convinced that the $9.95ers drum up a QB competition solely for the clicks.

Swoopes will start

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/2/2022 at 9:35 PM, LTtxfan said:

Two long free articles on 247...

Complete look at 2022 enrollees on offense as Texas kicks off fall camp

By TAYLOR ESTES     Mon Aug 01 2022

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-football-fall-camp-roster-jersey-numbers-Quinn-Ewers-Isaiah-Neyor-Devon-Campbell-190828683/ 

 

Look at all 2022 enrollees on defense entering Texas fall camp

By TAYLOR ESTES        Aug 1, 4:00 PM

https://247sports.com/college/texas/LongFormArticle/Texas-Longhorns-football-fall-camp-jersey-numbers-defense-Steve-Sarkisian-Pete-Kwiatkowski-college-football-190836911/

 

Really interested in this stud...

 

I really like the fact he seems to be pushing on the side of #28, as if to communicate "Shit or get off the pot, I'm dialed in and ready to hit someone!"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cmontexas said:

BJ Allen will win a starting job.

The coaching he received at Aledo>>the coaching any of the other dbs have gotten

B Allen Jr. is a player that I hope elevates his play enough to be a starter by midseason -- he's one of the most talented DB's on this roster...

Quote

(Photo: © Taylor Estes, Horns247, 247Sports)

No. 7 Bryan Allen Jr.

Position: Defensive back

Height/weight: 6-foot, 205 pounds (up nine pounds since spring football)

High school: Aledo

As a recruit: Four-star (0.9505 rating), No. 125 overall prospect, No. 10 safety, No. 20 recruit in Texas

247Sports high school scouting evaluation: "Good frame with plus-4.5 length. Lean, athletic build with obvious space to add mass. Versatile defensive back who can stay on the field in all situations. Length aids in catch-point disruption in coverage and tackling consistency. Willing participant vs. the run with some pop when able to uncoil. Plays for state title-caliber Texas 5A program with ample experience in pressure situations. Strong tackling production as a sophomore. Solid junior production with perhaps increased stops vs. the pass. Plays aware and instinctive. Accelerates well in pursuit, when breaking on the ball, and in recovery speed. Does not give up the outside often. Takes good angles to the ball as a tackler. Quite natural when asked to play center field. Shows good play speed with a solid 11.27-second 100-meter time from sophomore year. Still has room to get faster at the top end with frame length to help reach that. Ball skills can improve. Competent over the top and covering the slot but honing man coverage technique will enhance game further. One of the top DB's in Texas and likely among the better safeties nationally in his class. Projects as a multi-year impact player at the Power Five level and potential early-round NFL Draft pick." — 247Sports Midlands region recruiting analyst Gabe Brooks.

 

 

 

Edited by LTtxfan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

If our 3rd team OT is dominating our starting DE then we are either going to win them all, or lose them all....someone help me out here.

giphy.gif

offense wins... defense loses

game outcomes ???

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, someguy said:

I'm loathe to defend FCB in any way, shape, or form...but Hall is definitely not making a smooth transition.  FCB is closer to the truth than Hall's self serving twitter response  At this point I'd be shocked if he was still around next year.

Surprised that this kid is not getting it together on his 2nd chance -- still hoping Coach Marion somehow gets Agiye to play well this year  🙏🙏🙏

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Surprised that this kid is not getting it together on his 2nd chance -- still hoping Coach Marion somehow gets Agiye to play well this year  🙏🙏🙏

I am hoping Big 12 refs give us a fair call this year, but I don't expect that either.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, D3zii said:

Mannnn ion give a fuck what y’all talking about if Card is the better QB start him, if it’s Ewers Start him!!! 

I just wanna win dammit, all that extra shit for the birds, 

Exactly!   These losers betting on kids starting need to get a life

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Texas canceled the open media window and the press time after practice at the very last minute. I’m hoping this is because somebody finally got upset about the BS articles and questions the texas beat reporters have been asking  

 

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, FreeHorn said:

Texas canceled the open media window and the press time after practice at the very last minute. I’m hoping this is because somebody finally got upset about the BS articles and questions the texas beat reporters have been asking  

 

Creating drama where it isn't needed or wanted, fuck those retards.

  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...