Texas A&M Recruiting 2025: The Land of Melk & No Money

texifornia

41 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

They're gutting that recruiting department or what? (just posting since im sure this will have an impact on football.)

budget cuts....can't afford to pay for that staff or they're undoing all the shit that was put in place by Jimbo to recruit at the level they were.

3 hours ago, Tired Horn said:

I don't think The Return to Junction is a conscious choice. It's just one of the three Ur-myths of Aggiedom that they constantly return to in their futile attempts to fathom reality.

Most fans of even good teams know that, when all is said and done, it's just a football team and will have its ups and downs. But the Aggie football team is the repository for their collective sense of self. Sort of like an incompetent, hick Borg cube that strikes fear in the hearts of no one. So they are always seen though the lens of one of three Ur-myths.

1. The Flagship - When they have an okay run, they are THE program in Texas, always have been, and you better believe the sleeping giant has awakened.

2. Fucking Sips - When they are in a slump, everything is somehow the fault of Texas, the Sauron of mass media and the bringer of all things evil in life. (Note: can momentarily includes some co-font of evil if another program is denying them their rightful place in the sun, but they will always return to their North Star of hatred--Texas.)

3. The Junction Boys - When they are momentarily exhausted and can't face up to any more of their own futility, they're off amassing a lunch-pail collection of blue collar, tough, tough, TOUGH, fire-breathing junkyard dogs that soooooooooo fucking get A&M they are going to be unstoppable under Coach (Fill in the Blank). Fear the sleeping giant, you fucking sips!

The transitions can also be quite abrupt. For example, they often start a season as The Flagship, end it as Fucking Sips, then whipsaw back into The Junction Boys.

The 2%ers can't take over that shit hole soon enough.

This was an insightful post. Brilliant analysis.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

I don't pretend to know anything about shot put or discus but according to Foster's T&F bio, he threw 71'1" (21.7 meters) as a senior in high school. Gatorade player of the year and #1 prospect in the country. His best throw at A&M was 64'9" (19.7m) to make NCAA championship honorable mention in 2022. It makes sense he would stall out by trying to play both sports, but that still seems kinda brutal. At least John Burt was winning conference championships and All-American awards in track. 

If you're not aware, high school uses a 12 lb shot and college/international goes up to 16 lb.

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, WBT said:

If you're not aware, high school uses a 12 lb shot and college/international goes up to 16 lb.

Typically you get stronger and yes your throws get shorter but then you start gaining distance again. He threw 70+ in hs and 3 years later he’s still 12 ft under that. 

6 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

They're gutting that recruiting department or what? (just posting since im sure this will have an impact on football.)

They’ve officially entered their own Steve Patterson era. Bring in the new guy to cut the bloat. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Scholz said:

That's a dude.

ThatsTheJoke.gif

11 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

Holy shit I’d forgotten trev alberts was their AD for a hot minute. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, WBT said:

Ahh, I was not aware and that makes sense. He does have like the 5th best throw all-time at A&M so he's not a scrub, just not excelling nationally. 

So on the aggie 247 site, they're having a discussion about the staff changes within the AD. Some guys come on and start talking negatively about the changes that actually need to be made in order for their culture to grow out of the dark ages it has been stuck in since forever. In the spoiler, I did not change to plain text so that you can get the payoff of the image.

Spoiler
Moltisanti
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 114 months ago, User Post Count: 11244
GWALLEY said... (original post) Most players and coaches like JMo but I could give a ***** about that guy. He was a yes man. Kinda worried about the NIL guy because we were finall...
Does UT have one of these siphoning money off their fund and stopping anyone banned on his site from contributing? Some of you guys spill his money out of your glass on game days. Maybe stop placating the db and run his **** out of AU. Might be surprised how many more will contribute.

user generated

We've discussed this previously, but it is becoming clear to me as I get a feel for the various posters that there is a real undercurrent of disdain for Liucci in some aggie booster corners. @Tex Pete and I, among others but us very loudly, have been complaining and pointing to the Texags/12thMF/Aggie AD connections for years. These fuckers are intertwined and Texags is used in a number of ways by the school. Texags was allegedly involved with the money laundering going on in order to pay players during the bag game run, but I don't know if that is true or not. The problem is that I could see it happening, which speak to the incestual corruption. 

Here are other guys with some added thoughts. These quoted posters seem like they're at least functioning adults with less myopia than others around them.

Spoiler

TAAJ79

GWALLEY said... (original post) Most players and coaches like JMo but I could give a ***** about that guy. He was a yes man. Kinda worried about the NIL guy because we were finall...

"Then make a secondary or preferred way to donate without TA. Duh. They will have to eventually, because otherwise they will never get some or all the money they could except for being stupid, stubborn, and myopic. Good grief."

GWALLEY

"I get it guys and I don’t like muff chin and he knows it. I truly don’t believe he makes any money off hosting the site other than the sponsorship. @rayray can hopefully clarify. I know we are behind UT by a bit and just don’t see BL being a reason to not to donate."

Aggie Orgy

GWALLEY said... (original post) I get it guys and I don’t like muff chin and he knows it. I truly don’t believe he makes any money off hosting the site other than the sponsorship. ...

"TexAgs is a microcosm of the issues that have plagued our AD and our university. Running the NIL through their site just further entrenches that.

It is ironic given the fact that many on this site are celebrating the changes."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

So on the aggie 247 site, they're having a discussion about the staff changes within the AD. Some guys come on and start talking negatively about the changes that actually need to be made in order for their culture to grow out of the dark ages it has been stuck in since forever. In the spoiler, I did not change to plain text so that you can get the payoff of the image.

Reveal hidden contents
Moltisanti
Posted on 13 hrs, V I P, User Since 114 months ago, User Post Count: 11244
Does UT have one of these siphoning money off their fund and stopping anyone banned on his site from contributing? Some of you guys spill his money out of your glass on game days. Maybe stop placating the db and run his **** out of AU. Might be surprised how many more will contribute.

user generated

We've discussed this previously, but it is becoming clear to me as I get a feel for the various posters that there is a real undercurrent of disdain for Liucci in some aggie booster corners. @Tex Pete and I, among others but us very loudly, have been complaining and pointing to the Texags/12thMF/Aggie AD connections for years. These fuckers are intertwined and Texags is used in a number of ways by the school. Texags was allegedly involved with the money laundering going on in order to pay players during the bag game run, but I don't know if that is true or not. The problem is that I could see it happening, which speak to the incestual corruption. 

Here are other guys with some added thoughts. These quoted posters seem like they're at least functioning adults with less myopia than others around them.

Hide contents

TAAJ79

"Then make a secondary or preferred way to donate without TA. Duh. They will have to eventually, because otherwise they will never get some or all the money they could except for being stupid, stubborn, and myopic. Good grief."

GWALLEY

"I get it guys and I don’t like muff chin and he knows it. I truly don’t believe he makes any money off hosting the site other than the sponsorship. @rayray can hopefully clarify. I know we are behind UT by a bit and just don’t see BL being a reason to not to donate."

Aggie Orgy

GWALLEY said... (original post) I get it guys and I don’t like muff chin and he knows it. I truly don’t believe he makes any money off hosting the site other than the sponsorship. ...

"TexAgs is a microcosm of the issues that have plagued our AD and our university. Running the NIL through their site just further entrenches that.

It is ironic given the fact that many on this site are celebrating the changes."

Wait, I never knew that their collective is run by/through TexAgs, but it's true. That's incredible.

image.png.b38d47842f5193c06b27fb09f3ebdf35.png

And the part about all the people Liucci bans not being able to contribute is hilarious. 

• Haha 2
  • Drool 1

26 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Wait, I never knew that their collective is run by/through TexAgs, but it's true. That's incredible.

image.png.b38d47842f5193c06b27fb09f3ebdf35.png

And the part about all the people Liucci bans not being able to contribute is hilarious. 

Not only that but TexAgs is skimming 15% off the top.

image.png.51564c7e246c4f1e2bc2c28e2abb7efe.png

@closetojumping - I don't think the Texas One Fund discloses how much goes directly to athletes, but I have to suspect it is significantly higher than 85%. Is there anything you can add here?

• Haha 1

Just now, Serak The Preparer said:

Not only that but TexAgs is skimming 15% off the top.

image.png.51564c7e246c4f1e2bc2c28e2abb7efe.png

@closetojumping - I don't think the Texas One Fund discloses how much goes directly to athletes, but I have to suspect it is significantly higher than 85%. Is there anything you can add here?

TOF is run by people who are not paid a dime. There is one very competent employee who is paid competitively. Anything else that doesn't go to athletes is vendor-related or marketing-related. I haven't seen numbers in a while but the percentage was well above 90%. Frankly, that's like not fully sustainable, at least the only one employee part. 

These are two groups with two completely different agendas. What is now TOF is the culmination of a small bunch of people from a few different groups who put a shit ton of work, risk and money into organizing something that Texas sports could gain leverage out of for the purposes of winning titles and building a sustainable engine that would repeatedly unlock that across sports. It isn't perfect, it has warts and flaws, and it has a long way to go, but it's out there about as far as NIL programs can get so far and that is all driven by one simple force - a collective love of UT and its athletic programs. 

The aggie thing has always had one other important factor involved with it - people finding ways to get paid. That's the problem that a lot of these collectives have repeatedly run into - What's In It For Me? and also bureaucracies not understanding how to build things from scratch and handing those responsibilities off to vendor cronies.

To be clear in terms of folks' understanding regarding moving parts everywhere as it pertains to the corporate side of NIL - a fuckton of that money isn't going to the players. There are agencies, agents, etc., involved and they're getting theirs. That is different. Unscrupulous agents, and I am not saying they all are because that's not true, but there are those out there who are allegedly getting more money from the endorsements than their players. 

@RGBIII if I am missing something or wrong. He's closer to some of this stuff than I might be.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

TOF is run by people who are not paid a dime. There is one very competent employee who is paid competitively. Anything else that doesn't go to athletes is vendor-related or marketing-related. I haven't seen numbers in a while but the percentage was well above 90%. Frankly, that's like not fully sustainable, at least the only one employee part. 

These are two groups with two completely different agendas. What is now TOF is the culmination of a small bunch of people from a few different groups who put a shit ton of work, risk and money into organizing something that Texas sports could gain leverage out of for the purposes of winning titles and building a sustainable engine that would repeatedly unlock that across sports. It isn't perfect, it has warts and flaws, and it has a long way to go, but it's out there about as far as NIL programs can get so far and that is all driven by one simple force - a collective love of UT and its athletic programs. 

The aggie thing has always had one other important factor involved with it - people finding ways to get paid. That's the problem that a lot of these collectives have repeatedly run into - What's In It For Me? and also bureaucracies not understanding how to build things from scratch and handing those responsibilities off to vendor cronies.

To be clear in terms of folks' understanding regarding moving parts everywhere as it pertains to the corporate side of NIL - a fuckton of that money isn't going to the players. There are agencies, agents, etc., involved and they're getting theirs. That is different. Unscrupulous agents, and I am not saying they all are because that's not true, but there are those out there who are allegedly getting more money from the endorsements than their players. 

@RGBIII if I am missing something or wrong. He's closer to some of this stuff than I might be.

Shocking that the group affiliated with UT and the McCombs School of Business is run competently, while the group affiliated with A&M is run like a bunch of Aggies.

Edited by Hornlover
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Non-Aggies really have a hard time understanding how intertwined TexAgs (and other aggie recruiting reporters), aggie alums, and the University really are because we do not look at the world through the same lens they do.

We see ourselves as people who went to the University of Texas and who root for the University of Texas. Because of that, we can look at things our school does or things our athletic teams do and criticize the things we disagree with because we separate one from the other; the school is external to us.

Aggies are bred to believe that they ARE Texas A&M. The school is their identity. Whether you shovel horse shit, drive a chicken truck, sell insurance, breed horses, fuck horses, run the university, build tract homes, dig latrines in the military, write fiction for rubes to purchase, or fail to supervise drunk kids building dangerous structures, you are Texas A&M. The school did that. With that mindset. the school becomes far too important.These idiots will squeeze their nutsacks, even if they don't have nutsacks, to show support for their school. Doing all things legal and illegal to bring recruits to the school is an easy leap with that mindset. Corrupting the line between an external journalistic entity and the University is an easy leap with that mindset. They don't even recognize it in themselves.

Billy Liucci has made a ton of money being a complete goober because of the hive mind. Of course he can illegally insert himself into recruiting players, because it's for dear old TAMC. And after all, everyone else does it. The ends justify the means. WHOOP!

You cannot separate the rube from his identity, and you'll almost never find an aggy who has a problem with how they do things.

Good post. 

9 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

things not going well in Sheep humper land

image.thumb.png.7a5a837df6e2aa9502310f99bb6661e7.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Dude is the most aggy ag that ever lived. Must have been shown the door.

He was a low level 4 star with good height and weight, at a position of great need. If they showed him the door, it's because they caught him moonlighting as a youth pastor and all that entails. Or he hated it there and quit. 

8b6eea4b-05ce-424b-a8ea-247ed4fd27f9_tex

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Non-Aggies really have a hard time understanding how intertwined TexAgs (and other aggie recruiting reporters), aggie alums, and the University really are because we do not look at the world through the same lens they do.

We see ourselves as people who went to the University of Texas and who root for the University of Texas. Because of that, we can look at things our school does or things our athletic teams do and criticize the things we disagree with because we separate one from the other; the school is external to us.

Aggies are bred to believe that they ARE Texas A&M. The school is their identity. Whether you shovel horse shit, drive a chicken truck, sell insurance, breed horses, fuck horses, run the university, build tract homes, dig latrines in the military, write fiction for rubes to purchase, or fail to supervise drunk kids building dangerous structures, you are Texas A&M. The school did that. With that mindset. the school becomes far too important.These idiots will squeeze their nutsacks, even if they don't have nutsacks, to show support for their school. Doing all things legal and illegal to bring recruits to the school is an easy leap with that mindset. Corrupting the line between an external journalistic entity and the University is an easy leap with that mindset. They don't even recognize it in themselves.

Billy Liucci has made a ton of money being a complete goober because of the hive mind. Of course he can illegally insert himself into recruiting players, because it's for dear old TAMC. And after all, everyone else does it. The ends justify the means. WHOOP!

You cannot separate the rube from his identity, and you'll almost never find an aggy who has a problem with how they do things.

You can take the Aggie out of the shithole, but you can't take the shithole out of the Aggie.

• Hook 'Em 2

Giving Billy Liucci the keys to the Aggy NIL machine is the most aggy shit ever.  

On one hand - you have a homer, douchebag, dickhead that runs a website covering your athletic teams that has so ingrained himself into their athletic department that he's become an inoperable tumor.  His ability to negate posters ability to donate to their NIL fund because "they made fun of something" and banned them is fundamentally regarded.

On the other hand - you have wealthy alumni that thought this was all a great idea.  They thought empowering some dickweed alumnus that has no idea what he's doing in the space, that has a rep for alienating members of the fanbase because of his "feels", and has been a myopic, willfully ignorant fart-sniffing shill for over a decade, was the only choice to run point on NIL.  They also get to pay him 15% in the process.  

I take it back, that is the most Aggy shit ever.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

On 4/23/2024 at 11:05 AM, Tex Pete said:

Not fair. I have made quite a few bonfire jokes over there.

And like the bonfire in 1999, their #1 recruiting class collapsed before ignition.

Come to think of it, this game was the in-field embodiment of the bonfire collapse. 

They got it built really high. They were all gathered ‘round, stroking it into the jizz jar. The yell leaders were passing the jar around and taking some big pulls off of it. The logs had been sprayed with diesel, and then… the logs crushed every single one of them. 

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

On 4/23/2024 at 10:51 AM, closetojumping said:

who is a little bigger and stronger

He might be more of a change of pace guy at this stage of his career.

The Unicorn is a change of pace guy? lol

He's got some vision

Daniels' size was problematic in pass protection last year and it would be again depending on how much the Aggies call on his number

Jesus you weren't kidding. Their outlook at RB is bleak.

On 4/23/2024 at 4:48 PM, BornAndRaised said:

And, now they're downsizing. Not a good look in the SEC arms race.

17 hours ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Giving Billy Liucci the keys to the Aggy NIL machine is the most aggy shit ever. 

just to point out, they spent like 2 years saying they had a great NIL program ("The Fund", which is an objectively terrible name) which said it had great contracts for players, with no website, no publicized employees, no publicized contact info (so if i own Chucklefuck Dodge in College Station and Google how i can get an NIL deal to give a player a Dodge Stratus, how do i get in contact with anyone?), no publicized deals (saying they preferred to spread by word of mouth player to player) and no clear way to give money or fundraiser.

it was so bad that imho, going from that to Texas Aggies United was somehow a huge step up.

they just let go of the guy who was the assistant athletics director for NIL so that Alberts, who has no really great success with building a NIL program, can hire his own guy

image.png.842720e8584e09120c92540b12d40057.png