• Replies 36.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

Am I the only person that doesn’t even look at the price of gas? I got gas yesterday and have no idea what I paid. It’s not like I’m not going to fill the tank if it breaks some arbitrary amount I find excessive.
Diesel out here in Drip & the related Highway 290 corridor is gapped by around .35 cents, highest to lowest.

My usual stalwart, H.E.B., isn't the low priced leader any longer.

On 30 gallons, that could be a +$ 10 margin.

#NotShag²1%

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Am I the only person that doesn’t even look at the price of gas? I got gas yesterday and have no idea what I paid. It’s not like I’m not going to fill the tank if it breaks some arbitrary amount I find excessive.

I dont pay attention until the dumbass station does the $50 shut off.  Then I make a mental note to never return there. 

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, markstanco said:

I dont pay attention until the dumbass station does the $50 shut off.  Then I make a mental note to never return there. 

Out here in ETX, Brookshire’s is the big-time (so to speak) grocery store. With their loyalty program, you get 20 cents off per gallon after you spend a certain threshold on groceries.

That’s nice, except that it cuts it off at 30 gallons. I have a 32 gallon tank. So if I’m near empty (which I try to do so that I can maximize the discount), I go through the loyalty card and credit card dialogue, put in 30 gallons, then it cuts off and I have to go through the whole dialogue again for the extra gallon and a half. Ugh. 

Edited by nnm

1 hour ago, nnm said:

Out here in ETX, Brookshire’s is the big-time (so to speak) grocery store. With their loyalty program, you get 20 cents off per gallon after you spend a certain threshold on groceries.

That’s nice, except that it cuts it off at 30 gallons. I have a 32 gallon tank. So if I’m near empty (which I try to do so that I can maximize the discount), I go through the loyalty card and credit card dialogue, put in 30 gallons, then it cuts off and I have to go through the whole dialogue again for the extra gallon and a half. Ugh. 

I’d just leave a gallon and a half short. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Jameslaw121 said:

Or when they're out of receipt paper at the pump and I have to go in to get a copy. (for my work vehicles, not my personal one)

The huge convenience chain, E-Z Mart, sold a few years ago.  It was ran very well.  Since they were purchased the employees talk on cell phones, it isnt stocked well, etc.  And the pumps never have receipts.  I even went as far as emailing them about it.  I asked if their new motto was "clerk has receipt".  Nothing pisses me off more than having to stand in line for a receipt. It seems that if 2 or 3 people come inside to get a receipt, the clerk would think "huh, maybe I should look in to this". 

I only go there now if I need to.  Exxon stations seem to (for whatever reason) always have paper in the pumps.  

• Hook 'Em 1

I finally spent enough at Kroger to get the 10 cent discount one month.    They had post-its on every pump saying they were out of premium.  Had a nearly empty tank and went to fill it with mid grade.  I got about .1 gallon in and it shut off.  I went to the attendant to ask about it, and was informed that 'of course we are out of mid grade, we are out of premium.'    I didn't know this shit was blended at the pump.  So i got a ten cent discount for all of a tenth of a gallon.  The more you know.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, nnm said:

That is possible the worst grocery chain of all time.  Lived in a town where that was the only grocery store, compared to the heb a town over, meat, cereal, bread, ect was always a dollar or two more.  The meat selection is terrible.  They never had fresh chicken breast out so I asked a guy I knew that worked in the meat department.  His answer was their cooler weren’t cold enough and the breast started to drip and smell and people complained….  They never fixed that cooler that I know of but it was still full of wings, thighs and whole chickens.  

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

That is possible the worst grocery chain of all time.  Lived in a town where that was the only grocery store, compared to the heb a town over, meat, cereal, bread, ect was always a dollar or two more.  The meat selection is terrible.  They never had fresh chicken breast out so I asked a guy I knew that worked in the meat department.  His answer was their cooler weren’t cold enough and the breast started to drip and smell and people complained….  They never fixed that cooler that I know of but it was still full of wings, thighs and whole chickens.  

Brookshire's or  Brookshire Brothers?  Two different chains and I could see that with a few of the BB stores I've been to in small town ETx.

6 hours ago, davidg said:

Brookshire's or  Brookshire Brothers?  Two different chains and I could see that with a few of the BB stores I've been to in small town ETx.

This. They’re both from the same lineage based in Tyler, but Brookshire’s is the OG, and Brookshire Brothers resulted from a 2nd generation family split.
Brookshire’s actually retains pretty high quality standards, and their “Fresh Market” in Tyler is just as good as Central Market. BB, on the other hand, is a step above a dollar store. 

• Like 1

On 10/20/2021 at 6:14 PM, nnm said:

I had this random rewards point on that would give me like .05 off for every like $150 I spent. But A) There were no shell stations near me and B) It was connected to my card that I use for work expenses. Noticed there was a shell station on my way to drop off my daughter with my mom so I met her there. Filled up both cars for like $2.00

6 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Revelations 21:27 really says "no sports buffs?"

That's how it reads to me:

"And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie, but only they that are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life."

Nothing that defileth?  Sounds to me like 99% of Surly posters are damned.

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

That's how it reads to me:

"And there shall in no wise enter into it anything that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie, but only they that are written in the Lamb’s Book of Life."

Nothing that defileth?  Sounds to me like 99% of Surly posters are damned.

You mis-typed 100%. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

https://www.reddit.com/r/Whatcouldgowrong/comments/qddtwc/wcgw_getting_in_a_boat/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

lots of jokes...

now all he needs to do is roll her in flour...

so this is the real reason that bitch Rose wouldn't let Jack on that floating raft...

hey look! the manatee is getting in the see-through boat...

• Hook 'Em 1