Post a pic that makes you lol

Born Burnt

31 minutes ago, Dutchrudder said:

So many captions could work for this picture...

IMG_8076.jpg

Boy oh boy, really great work bitches. You all sold lots of kisses today. Except for you, Megan, I'm afraid you get a stormy cloud sticker today.

Edited by leaf

• Replies 36.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• crash_davis

• nnm

• Armybrat

• Message Board User

You doing any fishing whilst out here?
Daughter insisted that we do so.  We did a 3/4 day out to Catalina.  We were chasing yellowtail, bonito, and barracuda....but the surface bite was shit.  Boat caught a couple of barracuda, and one bonito.  So, we pitched to the edges of kelp beds, which I actually fished like a natural -- seriously, I outfished everyone else on the boat.  Hell, we had a group of 4, we went home with 9 fish and I caught 5 of them.  The odd thing was, on the whole boat, 3 sheepshead were caught.  I caught all 3 of them.  To the point that the crew asked me what I was doing, specifically.  I'd cast right to the edge of the kelp.  Then, right as the bait hit bottom, I'd take the line in my hand and tug (while still free-spooling) to make the bait hop about 10-12 inches up off the bottom.  I'd get hit on the drop right at the end of each hop damn near every time (caught quite a few undersized calicos that way).   The bottom 5 are mine.

945664c952e2ccd5e71ee955e425947d.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Daughter insisted that we do so.  We did a 3/4 day out to Catalina.  We were chasing yellowtail, bonito, and barracuda....but the surface bite was shit.  Boat caught a couple of barracuda, and one bonito.  So, we pitched to the edges of kelp beds, which I actually fished like a natural -- seriously, I outfished everyone else on the boat.  Hell, we had a group of 4, we went home with 9 fish and I caught 5 of them.  The odd thing was, on the whole boat, 3 sheepshead were caught.  I caught all 3 of them.  To the point that the crew asked me what I was doing, specifically.  I'd cast right to the edge of the kelp.  Then, right as the bait hit bottom, I'd take the line in my hand and tug (while still free-spooling) to make the bait hop about 10-12 inches up off the bottom.  I'd get hit on the drop right at the end of each hop damn near every time (caught quite a few undersized calicos that way).  

That's exactly where you'd find the sheepshead.  Did you keep them?  If you haven't eaten them yet, I highly encourage you to chop up the fillets finely and make crab cakes out of them.  They are spectacular.  Whatever crab cake recipe you like.  They eat a lot of shellfish, so their meat tastes a lot like poor man's lobster.  It can be really tasty.

Kelp fishing for calicos out there is our go to.  I couldn't begin to count the number I've caught.  They went from a 12" keeper minimum to 14" about 10 years ago or so, and it really has made a big difference in pumping up the calico population.  Calico fish tacos are unrivaled.

Where'd you go out of?  22nd St? 

Edited by Sbbruin
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

That's exactly where you'd find the sheepshead.  Did you keep them?  If you haven't eaten them yet, I highly encourage you to chop up the fillets finely and make crab cakes out of them.  They are spectacular.  Whatever crab cake recipe you like.  They eat a lot of shellfish, so their meat tastes a lot like poor man's lobster.  It can be really tasty.

Kelp fishing for calicos out there is our go to.  I couldn't begin to count the number I've caught.  They went from a 12" keeper minimum to 14" about 10 years ago or so, and it really has made a big difference in pumping up the calico population.  Calico fish tacos are unrivaled.

Where'd you go out of?  22nd St? 

We stayed n Laguna, went out of Newport.  And I used all the fish to make fish tacos -- we fed 24 with those 9 fish (the sheepshead were damned big, as was my bigger calico).  They made damn fine tacos, all of them, but the calico was my favorite.  Had a couple of leftover sheepshead filets even then, and I just sauteed them in butter and garlic with lemon at lunch the next day -- zero complaints.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Boat caught a couple of barracuda, and one bonito.  So, we pitched to the edges of kelp beds, which I actually fished like a natural -- seriously, I outfished everyone else on the boat.  Hell, we had a group of 4, we went home with 9 fish and I caught 5 of them.  The odd thing was, on the whole boat, 3 sheepshead were caught.  I caught all 3 of them.  To the point that the crew asked me what I was doing, specifically.  I'd cast right to the edge of the kelp.  Then, right as the bait hit bottom, I'd take the line in my hand and tug (while still free-spooling) to make the bait hop about 10-12 inches up off the bottom.  I'd get hit on the drop right at the end of each hop damn near every time (caught quite a few undersized calicos that way).   

Were yah fishin' with the Cube's ??

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Parliament said:

The Borg would win.  Their aim is better.

The Borg would assimilate the DS crew within a week, co-opting Anakin’s powers. The Jedi wouldn’t stand a chance against a Borg-controlled DS.