Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

34 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Joke needs to have some basis in reality to make sense. 

Nothing looks to be in our favor in this one except we're at home and we have fuck ton to prove. Sometimes that's enough

This post is as shitty as your casey thompson stanning a couple weeks ago. If you don't like the joke, which was hilarious, then you could just pass on by it. Who talks like that anyway, you set the standard for how jokes work? Fuck, you may actually be a Tom Herman sock. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Capt. Squints said:

In 2020, the current Alabama kicker was a perfect 98 for 98 in field goals and extra points and a first team All American. Last year he was 10 for 13 in field goals. and missed one of 58 extra points. Do better.

47 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Nothing looks to be in our favor in this one except we're at home and we have fuck ton to prove. Sometimes that's enough

Guess y'all started watching Bama in 2020. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

This post is as shitty as your casey thompson stanning a couple weeks ago. If you don't like the joke, which was hilarious, then you could just pass on by it. Who talks like that anyway, you set the standard for how jokes work? Fuck, you may actually be a Tom Herman sock. 

I guess a joke that isn't funny because it makes no sense can still be called a joke but just a horrible shitty one. 

Alabama's kicker situation is a fuck ton better than ours this year. That's why the joke makes no sense. At least put a little effort into it. 

I feel like people are talking about this Bama team as if it were 2019 or 2020. This doesn’t feel like a pick your poison team as much as it is a “our best players are the best in the country” kind of team.
Take Tua off the 2019 team and they might still make it to the title game. Same can be said for 2020. 
Take Bryce Young off this team and they’re a 9-10 win kind of team. If we can disrupt Bryce, this game gets interesting in a hurry.
I think Sark/Ewers/Bijan will put up at least 24. We just have to avoid turnovers and somehow limit that pressure. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 hours ago, bullet said:

Not reading the whole thread, but have y'all heard the Alabama band is throwing a temper tantrum and won't come because they had to sit in the 2nd deck?

Southern manners mean you abide by your host's rules.

That's your take on that situation? Very interesting. I would think a better take would be "making the other team's band sit in the second deck and lug all their shit up there is a bush league move that demonstrates terrible hospitality and manners," but whatever. The bands suck anyway. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Atticus said:

If we can disrupt Bryce, this game gets interesting in a hurry.

There's the issue - best in the country at reading the field, decision making and getting rid of the ball quickly.

Agree that if you disrupt Young it helps your chances but I think you can make that case with any QB. He's just not any QB.

27 minutes ago, Atticus said:

I feel like people are talking about this Bama team as if it were 2019 or 2020. This doesn’t feel like a pick your poison team as much as it is a “our best players are the best in the country” kind of team.
Take Tua off the 2019 team and they might still make it to the title game. Same can be said for 2020. 
Take Bryce Young off this team and they’re a 9-10 win kind of team. If we can disrupt Bryce, this game gets interesting in a hurry.
I think Sark/Ewers/Bijan will put up at least 24. We just have to avoid turnovers and somehow limit that pressure. 

The issue is Bama is as complete of a team as Texas will face this year. I think this Bama defense is better than the 2019 rendition. Their only real weakness is a mediocre run game, but their short passing is the substitution for that. Texas needs Sorrell to have a big game. They have to find a way to get pressure. The biggest key may simply be tackling and red zone defense. Bama is going to move the ball. I would expect 500 yards of total offense. The key is to tackle on those short throws and not let those become big plays. Buckle down in the red zone and force a bunch of FGs. Offensively they will need that WR blocking to show up again. I can see a lot of quick throws early to protect Quinn. If Texas can burn some clock and shorten the game with the quick game, it will go a long way to keeping Texas in the game.  I think Sanders/Bijan vs the Bama LBs is the biggest mismatch for Texas. I wouldnt mind a prop bet on Bijan having more receiving yards, than rushing yards.  Hopefully they can press that early  and leverage it late to take some deep shots. 

Edited by Codaxx
  • Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, 40acredropout said:

After 09 title game, the count (per my quick math) would have been:

image.png.bb62fb0c003e45336167d144331189ba.png

Perhaps I'm misremembering something, but I think that the last game VY played at Texas, the 2006 Rose Bowl, was Texas football's 800th program win.  Colt won 45 games as QB in his 4 years, which means after the 2009 Championship game, Texas would have had 845 wins.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

There's the issue - best in the country at reading the field, decision making and getting rid of the ball quickly.

Agree that if you disrupt Young it helps your chances but I think you can make that case with any QB. He's just not any QB.

He looked pretty mortal against the aggys last year. Was throwing low passes and missing open receivers. Fingers crossed we can get that kind of pressure on him.

3 minutes ago, 83Horn said:

Perhaps I'm misremembering something, but I think that the last game VY played at Texas, the 2006 Rose Bowl, was Texas football's 800th program win.  Colt won 45 games as QB in his 4 years, which means after the 2009 Championship game, Texas would have had 845 wins.

Username checking out... typo.  I had it at 844 (I assumed the total in the original graphic included the ULM game).  Still not great, bob.  

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Bama is going to move the ball. I would expect 500 yards of total offense. The key is to tackle on those short throws and not let those become big plays. Buckle down in the red zone and force a bunch of FGs.

"Bend, but don't break." I remember being frustrated early on with Will Muschamp because our defense gave up so many yards. But he kept opposing teams out of the end zone, and we won games.

We have better groups at wr/rb/te .

We have the hunger/underdog advantage

We have the home field

We may have the more prepared coaching staff. Here is the proof: Sark - BoB > saban - (PK+ GP)
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

I guess a joke that isn't funny because it makes no sense can still be called a joke but just a horrible shitty one. 

Alabama's kicker situation is a fuck ton better than ours this year. That's why the joke makes no sense. At least put a little effort into it. 

I can’t tell if this is a schtick or you’re regarded, but yeah the point I made was it’s fine to think a jokes shitty. It was wild that you said a joke “has to be”, nobody gives a fuck what you think a joke needs to encompass to be a joke. Alabama has had some head scratching, shitty field goal kicking in big time moments under saban and it cost them some wins. That’s what the joke was referencing, feel like I’m playing cards with my brothers kids here. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

He looked pretty mortal against the aggys last year. Was throwing low passes and missing open receivers. Fingers crossed we can get that kind of pressure on him.

We have been extremely poor in getting pressure on opposing teams for some time.  Tomorrow would be as good a time as any to start.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I had front row season tickets fot a few years.
Not quite the same experience as front row at a basketball game.

I sat on the front row at the Texas-OU game where we fell behind 17-0 early before roaring back to win. I think it was Stoops' first year at OU. I was not a fan of the seats at all. At least the TV truck would roll by and we could see replays on the screen though. This was way before they had a scoreboard that was capable of showing replay so that was about the only benefit.

1 hour ago, WinningIsHard said:

I can’t tell if this is a schtick or you’re regarded, but yeah the point I made was it’s fine to think a jokes shitty. It was wild that you said a joke “has to be”, nobody gives a fuck what you think a joke needs to encompass to be a joke. Alabama has had some head scratching, shitty field goal kicking in big time moments under saban and it cost them some wins. That’s what the joke was referencing, feel like I’m playing cards with my brothers kids here. 

1) EVERY program has had kicking cost them wins. 

2) joking about Alabama's kicking being shitty when it's been great the last couple of years and we don't even have a kicker who has kicked in more than 1 game is like a 600 lbs fat ass calling a 250 lbs guy fat. It's fucking stupid and we should demand better than dumb shit like that. And you better believe I'm going to call that out just like anyone should. 

3) fuck you and everyone who looks like you. And fuck your mother for being responsible for raising such a dumb cunt. 

Ok, I'm jacked and ready for kickoff

Maybe y’all have seen it to, I know you have if you watched any sports news outlet! Texas doesn’t stand a chance! according to 99.99999% of everyone. The media coverage, all eyes on Bama/Texas. 
 I’m sure we’ve all seen those  games where everything was just setup for an upset and it just seems like this game is setting up just like that. . 

it’s reminding me of the Oregon/OhioSt game last year 

Edited by D3zii

6 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

2) joking about Alabama's kicking being shitty when it's been great the last couple of years and we don't even have a kicker who has kicked in more than 1 game is like a 600 lbs fat ass calling a 250 lbs guy fat. It's fucking stupid and we should demand better than dumb shit like that. And you better believe I'm going to call that out just like anyone should.

hey, Sideshow Bert kicked off vs Rice last year! and was 3/3 on XPs in that game!

that said, your point is still correct.

i just made this post as an excuse to point out that we have the worst funniest haircut on the team over the last decade now with Sideshow Bert:

Auburn_Bert_sss_Texas00344.jpg?width=300

which has finally dethroned Nick Rose:

rose_nick_2014_web.jpg

Spoiler

rose-case.jpg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I had front row season tickets fot a few years.
Not quite the same experience as front row at a basketball game.

I usually prefer sitting in the middle of the lower bowl, but high enough that I can still see the entire field, sidelines, and pick out individual players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I sat on the front row at the Texas-OU game where we fell behind 17-0 early before roaring back to win. I think it was Stoops' first year at OU. I was not a fan of the seats at all. At least the TV truck would roll by and we could see replays on the screen though. This was way before they had a scoreboard that was capable of showing replay so that was about the only benefit.

Front row seats at a football game suuuck. I sat in the first row at an ou game too and we couldn’t see shit. Would never pay $1000 for a ticket in the first row. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

1) EVERY program has had kicking cost them wins. 

3) fuck you and everyone who looks like you. And fuck your mother for being responsible for raising such a dumb cunt. 

This is what a Casey Thompson fan looks like haha. The joke originated on Twitter you dumb fuck. It wasn’t started here so you trying to call out people on here because you’re a hard ass poster is stupid as fuck. If a 600lb man makes a pretty funny joke about a 250lb man being fat, I’ll laugh because that’s what jokes are for. You probably should have been aborted so I don’t blame how shitty your takes are on you man. It’s all good 

• Hook 'Em 4