Game Week- Alabama

Wulaw Horn

2 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Wish it was a B-1. Lived in Abilene for awhile, when those things flyover on full burner the city would shake. Awesome display of power. It was a perfect flyover to start this game. 

https://youtu.be/A4yOtYD5mkw

Feed cuts out for a sec from it being so loud. GD that game was just perfect. Keith Jackson was a treasure. 

We used to live a couple of miles south of Dyess. When they lit the afterburners it made some noise! For some reason, in the winter on really cold nights, they will fire them up on the ground. It's almost impossible to sleep through the noise.

• Hook 'Em 1

We used to live a couple of miles south of Dyess. When they lit the afterburners it made some noise! For some reason, in the winter on really cold nights, they will fire them up on the ground. It's almost impossible to sleep through the noise.

Engine tests. Rebuild them and then blast for 3-4 hours, usually around 2am. Same thing happens at sea on carriers, except those poor semen I mean seamen are sleeping about 40 ft from the afterburners and not a couple miles like you were. [mention=3]blacklab[/mention] can confirm
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, bullet said:

Not reading the whole thread, but have y'all heard the Alabama band is throwing a temper tantrum and won't come because they had to sit in the 2nd deck?

Southern manners mean you abide by your host's rules.

You don’t say

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, oldhorn2 said:

how in the goddamned hell can anybody post on this site that they would rather have Will Anderson on defense than Tommy Nobis?

Bogus list!

Because dudes that have black and white photos on Google and aren’t Earl Campbell aren’t really comparable to todays athletes. 

48 minutes ago, Crapinon said:

Something about hearing the afterburners at full tilt after the national anthem that just makes you feel like "fuck ya, it's time for some football"

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, bullet said:

Not reading the whole thread, but have y'all heard the Alabama band is throwing a temper tantrum and won't come because they had to sit in the 2nd deck?

Southern manners mean you abide by your host's rules.

Also we landed on the moon. 

9 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Something about hearing the afterburners at full tilt after the national anthem that just makes you feel like "fuck ya, it's time for some football"

Last time I heard B1 afterburners was at the Rose Bowl and VY kicked some win into USC and all the doubters asses!

Boom MutherFuckers!

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Herbie Hancock said:

Engine tests. Rebuild them and then blast for 3-4 hours, usually around 2am. Same thing happens at sea on carriers, except those poor semen I mean seamen are sleeping about 40 ft from the afterburners and not a couple miles like you were. [mention=3]blacklab[/mention] can confirm

Yeah it's usually 11-2 AM. We're several miles away now but they still roar.

5 minutes ago, Cairn Horn88 said:

Will we see any input that Gary Patterson may have provided since making it into our coaching circle?

Sark indicated (actually I read into this and am basically making this up) that Patterson has watched game film and has been game planning for bama since May. 

• Hook 'Em 4

12 hours ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Wish it was a B-1. Lived in Abilene for awhile, when those things flyover on full burner the city would shake. Awesome display of power. It was a perfect flyover to start this game. 

https://youtu.be/A4yOtYD5mkw

Feed cuts out for a sec from it being so loud. GD that game was just perfect. Keith Jackson was a treasure. 

That was an incredible beginning to a very incredible game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Sark indicated (actually I read into this and am basically making this up) that Patterson has watched game film and has been game planning for bama since May. 

the lhn didnt put the cam on patterson too much last week.  didnt anyone notice what he was actually doing?  i dont like him on the sidelines, you cant see shit from there.  was he pulling the d line unit aside and talking to them?  the lb's? db's?  thats the only benefit to being on the sideline.  if he wasnt yelling at players (or coaching as they call it), we'd be better served with him upstairs where he can see the formations better.

9 minutes ago, thrillhammer said:

the lhn didnt put the cam on patterson too much last week.  didnt anyone notice what he was actually doing?  i dont like him on the sidelines, you cant see shit from there.  was he pulling the d line unit aside and talking to them?  the lb's? db's?  thats the only benefit to being on the sideline.  if he wasnt yelling at players (or coaching as they call it), we'd be better served with him upstairs where he can see the formations better.

They said earlier in the year he'd be up in the box next to PK. It probably saves our athletic budget in terms of towels.

• Haha 4

IT team notes

Spoiler

Let’s cut to the chase.

When asked how the team looked on Wednesday, a source replied, “the whole team looked good.” Wait, the whole team, including special teams? “Including special teams.” Not just coverage and return units but the kickers and punters? “The kickers and punters had a good day.” 

Wednesday was hot and it was viewed as a positive given practice time overlapped with Saturday’s 11:00 a.m. kick.

This is an excited group. We’re picking up on zero fear about the Tide machine coming to town, but rather excitement and of course a good amount of respect. That respect led to such a good week of preparation. 

Defensive tackle Alfred Collins should play this week. We didn’t hear an estimate on snaps, but we expect to see big No. 95. Texas needs a great push from the interior and even on limited snaps, if that’s how it plays out, Collins can make some plays.

Wide receiver Agiye Hall will play. We figured that when Sark mentioned he had his game plan devised three months ago. Hall needs to take Isaiah Neyor’s place within parts of that plan. He looked good this week, too. Even if he doesn’t get a lot of touches he could play a big role this weekend.

We expect Jaylon Guilbeau to start again, though he’ll split snaps with Jahdae Barron. When two guys can split snaps at a physically and mentally demanding position with little to no drop off, that’s a big win, especially in the heat. Those two have a big task this weekend.

IT asked a source if the Keondre Coburn we saw in the first game is the one we’ll see all season. “He has a different mindset this year.” We’ve heard rumblings of the coaches challenging him, especially with Byron Murphy pushing for so much playing time. Being in a contract year can’t hurt, either. It was encouraging “Snacks” reshaped his body relative to his body type. It was even more encouraging they were asking him to attack.

IT asked if we’d see more of the promising young Edge players who played late against UL-M. “Guys like J’Mond Tapp and Jaray Bledsoe, they may get out there if depth calls for it, but not likely.” IT mentioned their untapped potential (no pun intended) and heard back, “Jaray might be the best athlete on the team. Word is he can 360 dunk and is just good at everything. Once he’s fully developed he’ll be a fantastic player.”

From our vantage, the coaching staff has done an excellent job of preparing this team to face the top team in the country. The players will be put in positions to excel. It doesn’t sound like the players have too much on their plate or that the coaches have overestimated what the players can execute. Ultimately, those factors will decide what kind of game we’re watching in the 4th quarter.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 10:09 PM, RoyalBevo21 said:

Kinda what I'm exemplifying. 2022 can still be a great season. However, as you can see some of our Longhorn faithful here say "you're a bitch, pussy, etc" if you don't fall in line and say "Horns by 100". There's probably going to be a few moments on Saturday where those folks that are expecting Texas to hang with Bama say "damn, I thought we'd be better than this." 

We're too young, too inexperienced, and just not ready to compete against that, yet. The final score won't be close. 

Always good to go into a game as a fan with a defeatist attitude. Enjoy the moments before kickoff and have a little fucking hope. On paper, yeah, we are likely to get beat down, but stranger shit has happened. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deej said:

Always good to go into a game as a fan with a defeatist attitude. Enjoy the moments before kickoff and have a little fucking hope. On paper, yeah, we are likely to get beat down, but stranger shit has happened. 

I'm just being real about it. Of course at the end of the day anything can happen. And I'm going to watch and dissect every play just like I did when Texas was rolling ULM. Win or lose I'm a Texas fan regardless. I think still being here after the last 10 years proves that.