Favorite coach rants

Dennis Taylor

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/UyxpL-xauDk?start=46" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

20 hours ago, Hank Chinaski said:

no contest.

(the cutaway to the player’s face at the 0:50 mark is fucking art. I mean the entire thing is art, but that shot kills me every time.)

I’ve always loved the attempt to slam the swinging door at the beginning. So pissed off he forgot how that door worked. 

10 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not a coach rant but seeing John L Smith upthread reminded me of this, maybe most classic radio rant ever

When this happened, I was still in undergrad and it went immediately viral.  My buddies and I used to sit around and drink beer listening to this on repeat.

"MAKE PLAYS" peppered nearly every aspect of our lives.  Some spilled a beer in the living room?  MAKE PLAYS.  Someone fumbled a guaranteed piece of ass?  MAKE PLAYS.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not a coach rant but seeing John L Smith upthread reminded me of this, maybe most classic radio rant ever

It's incredible. "You are the worst defensive coordinator EVER. EVVVEEERRR!! I would rather have HR Pufnstuf with Teddy Ruxpin as coaches than to have you in this booth for one more week! You're atrocious!"

• Hook 'Em 2