Wulaw Horn

3 minutes ago, sidis said:

do you know of a place that warehouses such data?  where do you expect to find empirical data on changes in betting lines that would allow for said analysis based on the subset of tens of thousands of games where one can find the specific parameters you lay out...namely the changes in betting lines for a game in which a start player is suddenly revealed to have been unexpectedly injured in the week between or that the player unexpectedly will be able to play after all?

Yes I do.

Edited by Irieguy
  • Fuck You 10

14 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Sorry for the confusion, I was looking for an actual line move not a hypothetical created by a random poster. If it’s fairly common, it should be easy to find. 

you are trying (and failing) to move the goal posts here because you made a dumbass comment.

the dumbass comment was:

No single player in the history of football is worth 11 points. 

and quickly an example was pointed out (VY > Matt N) which you have conveniently ignored.

no one has said an 11 point swing was or should be common. but that wasn't what you asked, you said "no single player in the history of football is worth 11 points" - which is a whole different request than "SHOW ME WHEN IT HAPPENED"

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It would require the qb getting hurt in practice during the week after the lines had already come out and also having a really bad backup.  QB's getting hurt during practice isn't very common since they aren't allowed to be hit.

And it was a contact injury on the QB you would also have to factor in a defensive player on that team being suspended indefinitely for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

1 minute ago, NoName said:

you are trying (and failing) to move the goal posts here because you made a dumbass comment.

the dumbass comment was:

and quickly an example was pointed out (VY > Matt N) which you have conveniently ignored.

no one has said an 11 point swing was or should be common. but that wasn't what you asked, you said "no single player in the history of football is worth 11 points" - which is a whole different request than "SHOW ME WHEN IT HAPPENED"

How can something that didn’t happen be an example? I’m genuinely curious. 

• Fuck You 9

3 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

And it was a contact injury on the QB you would also have to factor in a defensive player on that team being suspended indefinitely for an undisclosed violation of team rules.

Are you suggesting the two teams would play twice in back to back weeks? 🤯🤯🤯 Or that a defensive player sacked his own QB? 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

Edited by Irieguy
  • Fuck You 9

8 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

I haven’t found any in my datasets. 🎩

if you actually have historical datasets around line movement from opening line to closing or opening to midweek to closing you should quite easily be able to tell us what the largest swings in those datasets are. it would be an incredibly easy way for you to prove your point.

but let's be honest, you don't or you would have already done so.

3 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

How can something that didn’t happen be an example? I’m genuinely curious. 

hey, you are the guy with the historical datasets. should be super easy to prove your point to all the hayseeds around here, right?

just take your existing data, add a column to subtract the closing line from the opening line, over a few years of data, sort that column largest to smallest, screenshot and post said screenshot in your next post!

Edited by NoName

Just now, NoName said:

if you actually have historical datasets around line movement from opening line to closing or opening to midweek to closing you should quite easily be able to tell us what the largest swings in those datasets are. it would be an incredibly easy way for you to prove your point.

but let's be honest, you don't or you would have already done so.

I’ll argue my side and you can feel to free to argue yours. 💥

• Fuck You 12

1 minute ago, Irieguy said:

Are you suggesting the two teams would play twice in back to back weeks? 🤯🤯🤯 Or that a defensive player sacked his own QB? 🤯🤯🤯🤯🤯

I’m suggesting that a defensive player who hits his own QB hard enough in practice to make him miss a game would be in the doghouse for a while

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

It would require the qb getting hurt in practice during the week after the lines had already come out and also having a really bad backup.  QB's getting hurt during practice isn't very common since they aren't allowed to be hit.

Not true though. Some lines come out earlier than a week in advance. For example, Draftkings currently has lines for 10 games next week.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Irieguy said:

I’ll argue my side and you can feel to free to argue yours. 💥

so to be clear, you ain't got shit. no historical datasets (if you did you would quickly do the less than 60 seconds of work outlined above and prove all of us wrong), no nothing.

you just say dumb shit, then when called out on it say more dumb shit? why

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

so to be clear, you ain't got shit. no historical datasets (if you did you would quickly do the less than 60 seconds of work outlined above and prove all of us wrong), no nothing.

you just say dumb shit, then when called out on it say more dumb shit? why

Because the requirement isn’t on me to prove there’s never been an 11 point swing. The biggest I could find was 8. But nothing I’ve said is anywhere near as dumb as using a complete hypothetical as an example. That’s next level stupid. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I couldn’t be that stupid even as a troll. 😂😂😂

https://www.sportsoddshistory.com/college-football-odds/

• Fuck You 16

7 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Just kidding. I have an example. When Vince Young was injured before the Colorado game the spread moved by 7 points. This “type” of example is fun! 🃏

What the fuck are you talking about. Vince played 3/3 games against CU while at Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Because the requirement isn’t on me to prove there’s never been an 11 point swing. The biggest I could find was 8. But nothing I’ve said is anywhere near as dumb as using a complete hypothetical as an example. That’s next level stupid. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I couldn’t be that stupid even as a troll. 😂😂😂

What the fuck is this shit? Historical futures odds? There isn't one single game point spread to be found there. Quit trolling. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

Just kidding. I have an example. When Vince Young was injured before the Colorado game the spread moved by 7 points. This “type” of example is fun! 🃏

curious but when was that?

• in 2004, Texas beat Colorado 31-7, VY started and attempted 15 passes (no one else attempted any) - VY was still playing when the score was 31-7 in the 4th Q
  • in October 2005, Texas beat Colorado 42-7, VY started and attempted 29 passes (Nordgren attempted 3) - VY was still playing when the score was 42-10
  • in December 2005 in the B12 Conference Championship game Texas won 70-3, VY started and attempted 17 passes (Nordgren attempted 2) - VY was still playing when the score was 49-3.

4 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

That would be a really good problem to have. Being up big enough to where we have to debate putting Wright in would be a really good problem.

This is the right way to see it; I agree.

4 hours ago, pearlandhorn said:

If that video caused Sark to be uncomfortable and scared, we have the wrong coach.  Fuck UTSA.

We all saw Sark stare down the barrell of Saban's Bama squad, and the man did not flinch. I don't think anything UTSA has scares him. He should have his team ready.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, NoName said:

curious but when was that?

• in 2004, Texas beat Colorado 31-7, VY started and attempted 15 passes (no one else attempted any) - VY was still playing when the score was 31-7 in the 4th Q
  • in October 2005, Texas beat Colorado 42-7, VY started and attempted 29 passes (Nordgren attempted 3) - VY was still playing when the score was 42-10
  • in December 2005 in the B12 Conference Championship game Texas won 70-3, VY started and attempted 17 passes (Nordgren attempted 2) - VY was still playing when the score was 49-3.

Exactly. It never happened and can’t be used as an example. Just like you can’t use a hypothetical of VY getting injured before USC as an example. Retard. @NoName

• Fuck You 8

these are futures odds. not historical odds. this proves literally nothing.

this information about Texas doesn't help with anything:

https://www.sportsoddshistory.com/cfb-team/?Team=Texas&sa=cfb

Exactly. It never happened. Just like VY didn’t get injured before USC. Yet @NoName still used that as an example. He’s a retard. 

you said:

No single player in the history of football is worth 11 points. 

you didn't ask for examples of betting odds when it happened before lol

you made a dumbass comment, got called out on it.

you then said you had access to historical odds records but didn't share them when called out on it

you gave a link that had futures odds but no historical odds.

you made something up in another really shitty attempt to troll about VY getting hurt.

fuck off clown.

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, NoName said:

you said:

you didn't ask for examples of betting odds when it happened before lol

you made a dumbass comment, got called out on it.

you then said you had access to historical odds records but didn't share them when called out on it

you gave a link that had futures odds but no historical odds.

you made something up in another really shitty attempt to troll about VY getting hurt.

fuck off clown.

giphy.gif

As long as you have learned that examples need to be events that actually happened then I’m happy. @NoName

Edited by Irieguy
  • Fuck You 9

1 hour ago, Irieguy said:

Yes I do.

1 hour ago, sidis said:

feel free to share.

thx!

I am starting to believe you were lying. Not sure what kind of perverse motivation would drive that. 

what an fascinatingly idiotic hill to die on.  To use this as a launching point to act like a complete clown is somewhat inexplicable. But the self-satisfied nature of your horseshit is certainly telling. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, sidis said:

I am starting to believe you were lying. Not sure what kind of perverse motivation would drive that. 

what an fascinatingly idiotic hill to die on.  To use this as a launching point to act like a complete clown is somewhat inexplicable. But the self-satisfied nature of your horseshit is certainly telling. 

Meme Think GIF

• Fuck You 3

14 minutes ago, sidis said:

Guys, guys:

you have to let that shit go.gif