Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Loop 1604 said:

I live about 2 miles from our little cousin’s commuter school. The “210” stuff is so cringe in SA.

We need to leave no doubt today. Sark needs to make a statement- this is the kind of game Texas used to win 49-7 with no struggle. 

Username definitely checking out. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I listen to six national college football pods that make picks against the spread, and I think only one of them mentioned UTSA's injury issues on the OL, and most mentioned this as being a let down/trap game for Texas but I think only one mentioned it also being a tough spot for UTSA coming off of OT games vs Houston and at Army (human idiot Danny Kanell's takeaway was that this was an advantage for UTSA because it makes them "battle tested").

I think people who cover CFB nationally are mostly missing the boat here. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Eggo said:

I'm in grad school at UTSA. The 210 thing is not cringe. It makes sense that a small program in the shadow of big names like UT, A&M, etc who heavily recruits the area would lean on the city they're based. It's been working out well considering how raucous the Alamodome has been for home games. 

Bro I get it. I went to UH for grad school when Herman was the next big thing nationally. I attended all the games there actually right after class (weekend classes). Houston was actually decent and fun to watch at the brand new stadium. 

Had they played Texas though I’d have told those cougar high school idiots to fuck right off. 

The 210 stuff is very cringe. As are the adidas uniforms and the “meep meep” weird bullshit. It reeks of aggy. 

I was told many times by roadrunner fans around here how bad UTSA would beat Texas last year. Let’s see.

Edited by Loop 1604

11 minutes ago, Fud said:

I listen to six national college football pods that make picks against the spread, and I think only one of them mentioned UTSA's injury issues on the OL, and most mentioned this as being a let down/trap game for Texas but I think only one mentioned it also being a tough spot for UTSA coming off of OT games vs Houston and at Army (human idiot Danny Kanell's takeaway was that this was an advantage for UTSA because it makes them "battle tested").

There's so much collective PTSD nationally involving Texas that I really can't blame anyone for hesitation. 

I just think we're going to fucking kill this team. There's nothing that says they have a shot in this game unless Card keeps giving them the ball. I haven't bet on games in awhile and don't bet on Texas anyway but -12 or whatever it is seems disrespectful. 

This team not only is pissed about losing last week - they know that they can hang with Alabama. DKR is going to be nuts again. They just have to bring the same intensity. 

• Hook 'Em 8

16 minutes ago, Loop 1604 said:

Bro I get it. I went to UH for grad school when Herman was the next big thing nationally. I attended all the games there actually right after class (weekend classes). Houston was actually decent and fun to watch at the brand new stadium. 

Had they played Texas though I’d have told those cougar high school idiots to fuck right off. 

The 210 stuff is very cringe. As are the adidas uniforms and the “meep meep” weird bullshit. It reeks of aggy. 

I was told many times by roadrunner fans around here how bad UTSA would beat Texas last year. Let’s see.

You gotta do what you gotta do to build a brand for recruiting 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fud said:

You gotta do what you gotta do to build a brand for recruiting 

Exactly. They might miss / cringe here and there but San Antonio having a legit division one team is cool AF and a long-time coming. It's a cool mascot and they have a badass coach to bring them up in the world. We should be stoked about it. We should also beat then mercilessly. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Loop 1604 said:

Lol wut.  When I was in school there, the entire school body was basically kids who couldn’t get into UT, or aggy engineers that had failed out. Lots of UT fans.  Of course there wasn’t a football team, but still.  

5 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

@BornAndRaised I believe 

Yeah thats me. Im trying to go to most of the Surly Tailgates when its home games, so I won't be streaming tonight. I'll happily give my ESPN login to someone whos been around the site a bit to stream if anyone wants to take me up on that, just shoot me a DM. 

Ill be streaming Texas Tech next weekend.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

Yeah thats me. Im trying to go to most of the Surly Tailgates when its home games, so I won't be streaming tonight. I'll happily give my ESPN login to someone whos been around the site a bit to stream if anyone wants to take me up on that, just shoot me a DM. 

Ill be streaming Texas Tech next weekend.

If no one takes you up on it count me in. I have no idea how to do any of that so I'd need a crash course but could make it happen. I also live in BFE so I have terrible internet so best to give someone with the knowledge and internet the first crack but if no one steps up I'll give it the old college try.

Just now, ElChupacabra said:

If no one takes you up on it count me in. I have no idea how to do any of that so I'd need a crash course but could make it happen. I also live in BFE so I have terrible internet so best to give someone with the knowledge and internet the first crack but if no one steps up I'll give it the old college try.

It takes a bit of bandwith to stream it decently. Lets see if anyone else wants to take up the mantle, if no one else does I'll hit you up before I dip for the tailgate.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

It takes a bit of bandwith to stream it decently. Lets see if anyone else wants to take up the mantle, if no one else does I'll hit you up before I dip for the tailgate.

Sounds good. Hopefully someone will come through for us. I can't even get HughesNet where I live so I'm running an unlimited AT&T sim card in a shitty Mofi unit. The struggle is real.

2 minutes ago, texasdago said:

I don't get it.  I have Disney+ bundle which comes with ESPN+ so can't you stream the game that way?

I’m pretty sure to watch LHN on the espn app, you need to unlock it through a tv provider login, regardless of if you have ESPN+. I live in nyc and canceled my espn+ for that exact reason. Thought I’d be able to watch LHN, but it was still locked. Maybe there’s some sort of geo restriction, but I can’t be sure

real fuckin dumb

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

I’m pretty sure to watch LHN on the espn app, you need to unlock it through a tv provider login, regardless of if you have ESPN+. I live in nyc and canceled my espn+ for that exact reason. Thought I’d be able to watch LHN, but it was still locked. Maybe there’s some sort of geo restriction, but I can’t be sure

real fuckin dumb

This is correct, its service provider specific.

2 hours ago, Leanderman said:

Let us hope Sark has used that UT-San Antonio video and has played it over and over in the locker room.

I hope by the end of the day today, whoever actually wears #22 on their team is really pissed that some RTF student/team manager portrayed him and used him as bait in that thing. 

Edited by Your Mom

4 hours ago, Fud said:

Both Texas and Roadrunners coming off physical games are beat up.

Texas depth needs to dominate -- hopefully it's one of the Horns' big advantages today.

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect
  • Like 1