NCAA Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I'm honestly completely disgusted with how much Greenberg is glazing Miller up considering what he did.

Don't we have a resident 'Bama fan that's been too much of a chicken shit to chime in on this?

Yeah, the announcing is not very good. But he does slobber a bit too much. 

And as I am typing Miller delivers in the clutch 😂 for Alabama.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

as hard is it is to trust our justice system to do anything right, i still find it very tough to wish injury on an athlete. i have no idea if this kid is a total POS or just a naive kid who didn't fully understand what he was doing, so that plays into it. ghat said, he deserves to be arrested, charged, sentenced, and jailed- im 100% with that. still, for some reason, i find it hard to wish injury on him, and i honestly can't tell if that makes me virtuous or foolish. whatevs. i hope he ends up behind bars, and i hope that Oats gets black listed from his profession. 

Edited by shadow_operative

On 2/23/2023 at 12:58 AM, shadow_operative said:

as hard is it is to trust our justice system to do anything right, i still find it very tough to wish injury on an athlete. i have no idea if this kid is a total POS or just a naive kid who didn't fully understand what he was doing, so that plays into it. ghat said, he deserves to be arrested, charged, sentenced, and jailed- im 100% with that. still, for some reason, i find it hard to wish injury on him, and i honestly can't tell if that makes me virtuous or foolish. whatevs. i hope he ends up behind bars, and i hope that Oats gets black listed from his profession. 

Him & his teammates think that innocent girl getting killed is funny. Still find it hard to root for an injury?

• Rage+1 3

7 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

31 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I’ve thought this since the first 4 started. Yes the 16 Vs 16 is a right to get slaughtered but they still should be treated with the tourney experience for only winning a 1 bid league and not a trip to Dayton and lose before it begins

23 minutes ago, ztejas said:

The first four is fucking stupid and always was. Letting the AQs in would be an improvement I guess. 

I agree with all of the above. However, I'd be shocked if it happened. Expanding the NCAA tournament has only ever been about increasing the number of major-conference teams that make it:

1. For revenue generating and sharing purposes for conferences. P5 conferences have the power and influence to negotiate with the NCAA and make way more money off the tournament than smaller conferences: https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/3/30/17131466/how-much-money-do-colleges-make-off-the-ncaa-tournament-every-year 

2. For revenue generating purposes for the NCAA - larger and more well-known schools will draw more fans in seats, eyes on TVs, etc.

3. Because there is a belief that the sixth, seventh, or eighth team in a P5 conference deserves to be there more than a worse mid/low-major team because they are better, played a harder schedule, have a chance to go farther, etc.

Life most everything in life, it's all a game of incentive economics. The NCAA tournament is the revenue-creating engine of the NCAA. If anything, it will only continue to expand (like it continues to) in some format. We're now seeing the same with the CFP.

I love this. 0xe96f9lzvka1.jpg.ffab2bc2e42ffcd5cc8594328b524ab0.jpg

Not a one size fits all or anything - I just like experimenting with postseason formats. 

WCC is obviously (at least) a 2 bid league - but for conferences that only get their AQ in I like this format because it gives a lot of weight to the regular season. You're less likely to have some random 5 or 6 seed get hot and play spoiler. 

Then again, some people enjoy that Cinderella type stuff in March. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, ztejas said:

I love this. 0xe96f9lzvka1.jpg.ffab2bc2e42ffcd5cc8594328b524ab0.jpg

Not a one size fits all or anything - I just like experimenting with postseason formats. 

WCC is obviously (at least) a 2 bid league - but for conferences that only get their AQ in I like this format because it gives a lot of weight to the regular season. You're less likely to have some random 5 or 6 seed get hot and play spoiler. 

Then again, some people enjoy that Cinderella type stuff in March. 

Yeah, for a conference winner to have to rind out 3 or 4 wins to win the conference tournament is lame.  

Bracketology is all kind of fucked up.  UCLA has 4 losses, all to projected tournament teams, and is a projected 2 seed.  Whatever.  I guess I’d rather be a 2 seed in the west than a one seed another region.

5 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

UCLA has 4 losses, all to projected tournament teams, and is a projected 2 seed.  Whatever.

I don't see the issue.

UH and Alabama are legit 1 seeds and #1 and #2 in NET.  Alabama is atop the #3 NET conference. 
KU is atop the #1 NET conference and Purdue is atop the #2 NET conference

The Pac 12 is 6th, behind the MWC.  That is why UCLA is a 2.  Weak conference, but you are definitely the top #2 seed (#5 overall) and in line to move up if someone falters. 

Edited by Js1