ztejas sucks

ztejas

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Why? 

Kiffin is one of the best coaches in the country. He turned Florida Atlantic into a 10 win program after 3 straight 3-9 seasons. Now he's turned Ole Miss into a top 15 program. If Texas isn't willing to hire somebody like Kiffin we might as well accept our fate as mediocre. 

There are maybe only 2 or 3 coaches I would take over Kiffin right now. I view Kiffin much like I do Herman. Kiffin was never a terrible coach but he did some self-reflection after his USC failures and now he's turned into a great coach. Will Herman ever do the same? Probably not. 

Sarcastic douchebag with a caustic attitude.  And didn't he bang Saban's daughter?  We like our coaches to be more upstanding citizen types. 

10 minutes ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

STFU that is pussy talk

Cool. Let's keep banging our head against the wall, hurt ourselves with scheduling when we already need all the help we can get, and watch other teams stack victories against weak opponents where they can rest injured players, get guys out of games early and keep their legs fresh for games down the stretch.

No one gives a rats ass what your schedule looks like at the end of the year in a P5 conference, all they see is that you went 8-4, 9-3 or whatever. No one will care that Ole Miss played a JV schedule and got to 10 wins.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Kiffin has won 10 games everywhere he has been for more than 1 year. His issue is he obviously hates to recruit but with NIL at a place like Texas that becomes a whole lot easier (see Riley at USC). Gundy would also do well here for the same reasons and if he was given an elite DC. Stoops would be the worst hire of the three because his offenses suck and he has only finished with 10 wins twice in the easiest division in the SEC and he also gets an extension there for winning 7 games so zero reason to move at this point. 

Like others, I was underwhelmed when the Sark hire was announced.  One of the first texts I got was from a buddy who asked how it felt to hire the knock-off version of Lane Kiffin?  My response:

Alonzo Mourning GIFs | Tenor

On this site, relatively speaking, I fall under the sunshine pumper category as I've grown to really like Sark and believe he can be very good here if given the time.  That said, I've definitely wondered at times what things would look like had we hired Kiffin instead.

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, USC_TMB said:

You think you are joking…

I've seen enough of Card to know that he's nothing special, probably below average.  I think X and Neyor being hurt does hamper us.  However, I do think we are still more talented than most of the Big 12.

If you're an offensive savant, you shouldn't need 5 stars across the board, like Bama, to make things work.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Cool. Let's keep banging our head against the wall, hurt ourselves with scheduling when we already need all the help we can get, and watch other teams stack victories against weak opponents where they can rest injured players, get guys out of games early and keep their legs fresh for games down the stretch.

No one gives a rats ass what your schedule looks like at the end of the year in a P5 conference, all they see is that you went 8-4, 9-3 or whatever. No one will care that Ole Miss played a JV schedule and got to 10 wins.

1) Texas' standard is not to beat up on FCS JV teams.  The fact that you and others would call for that is bitch-made.  Just because Ole Miss does it doesn't mean we should.

2) In moving to the SEC, we'll be on equal footing schedule-wise with those teams and will schedule as they do.  I'm sure if the SEC keeps the 8-conference games we'll follow suit with the JV teams, as pussy as that  is.  No one NO ONE gets excited to see Texas vs. TxState or SFA on our home schedule.  Thankfully the SEC will make the wise decision to go to 9 conference games, because...

3) In the 12-team playoff world (which is what we're building schedules out for now) a loss to a power in-conference team is not just acceptable it is expected.  So your argument on needing 10 wins to make the field is as irrelevant as it is pussy.

The only SEC teams who want 8-conference games are those low-end teams who are worried about padding the schedule to be bowl eligible.  If Texas needs to beat SFA to go to a bowl we have bigger issues anyway.

15 hours ago, immamac said:

Feel the same. He was such a cunt he had to go. 
I don’t feel the same about Sark I think he has potential and don’t think it’s over yet. It just hasn’t clicked for him what it means to be a head coach at an elite program. PK is a big red flag/issue he needs to deal with. 

Which may be the problem, he keeps getting head coaching gigs at major programs without having developed his jobs at less high-profile stops. Going from a QB coach at USC to head coach with the Raiders? 

His stop at Alabama should have taught him about assembling a staff, which he could have worked on at a smaller program.  Going straight to HC at Texas can end one of two ways

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

Do you people really think if Texas fires Sark, they would turn around and hire Lane fucking Kiffin........Not happening, sorry.

What's your reasoning? 

He's one of the best coaches in the country. Do you think these are the same caliber coaches or something? Because you're lost if you think they are. 

6 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

I've seen enough of Card to know that he's nothing special, probably below average.  I think X and Neyor being hurt does hamper us.  However, I do think we are still more talented than most of the Big 12.

If you're an offensive savant, you shouldn't need 5 stars across the board, like Bama, to make things work.  

Exactly, you’re preaching to the choir

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, USC_TMB said:

Which may be the problem, he keeps getting head coaching gigs at major programs without having developed his jobs at less high-profile stops. Going from a QB coach at USC to head coach with the Raiders? 

His stop at Alabama should have taught him about assembling a staff, which he could have worked on at a smaller program.  Going straight to HC at Texas can end one of two ways

I have to give Sark some credit on the staff hires. They are on paper lightyears ahead of Strong and Herman staffs, even PK.

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

What's your reasoning? 

He's one of the best coaches in the country. Do you think these are the same caliber coaches or something? Because you're lost if you think they are. 

What has Kiffin ever won to prove to be "one of the best coaches in the country"?........Nothing, plain and simple. I don't have the time or energy to go down the rabbit hole on this with you. I would be shocked if Kiffin would even get an interview based on what he has done thus far.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Longhornlove said:

What has Kiffin ever won to prove to be "one of the best coaches in the country"?........Nothing, plain and simple. I don't have the time or energy to go down the rabbit hole on this with you. I would be shocked if Kiffin would even get an interview based on what he has done thus far.

Kiffin is likely going to finish with his 4th 10 win season in the last 6 years at two programs that were a mess when he took over. This will likely be his 5th 10 win season and 3rd school he's won 10 games. Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Sark to produce his first double digit win season ever. 

You're still thinking of Kiffin from 10 years ago but he's developed into a great coach. He will be the hot name for whatever big coaching job opens up next. 

You would be shocked that Kiffin would get an interview when Texas just hired Sark who has no track record of success at all? Ok then. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

To me it’s usually a bad sign when these meetings happen lol.  Players only. 

It means things are about to go south if they don’t change in a hurry and that’s exactly where we are right now. I’m glad they’re doing it, even though I’m upset that it is necessary. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Kiffin is likely going to finish with his 4th 10 win season in the last 6 years at two programs that were a mess when he took over. This will likely be his 5th 10 win season and 3rd school he's won 10 games. Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Sark to produce his first double digit win season ever. 

You're still thinking of Kiffin from 10 years ago but he's developed into a great coach. He will be the hot name for whatever big coaching job opens up next. 

You would be shocked that Kiffin would get an interview when Texas just hired Sark who has no track record of success at all? Ok then. 

If it was following Herman, I might say yes but no way at this point would Kiffin follow Sark.  Things change, if he wins the SEC, that would definitely change things. I don't see that happening.

4 hours ago, closetohumping said:

But he was the head guy at both UW and USC.  Whether he deserved it or not is another question but he should be ready for our job no?  

He was hired because we were dealing with the nzaa sanctions and no big name would want the gig.

And being a HC at a major program like Washington and the Raiders should prepare you to NOT show up to the biggest pre-season BMD rally drunk off your ass, let alone sue the school because you’re a screw-up

A players only meeting?  In week 4 of season 2?  That seems way ahead of schedule and is usually the kiss of death, followed only by the dreaded vote of confidence press release by the AD.  

It looks like we need more coaches-only meetings. What we’ve seen that is a pattern:

1) More conservative play-calling in 2nd half
2) Disconnect between units on defense
3) Players playing that shouldnt
4) Players repeatedly playing undisciplined and/or with poor technique over seasons
5) Tipping plays
6) Conceding plays
7) Players playing with low IQ
8) Inability to make adjustments

These are all coaching issues
  • Hook 'Em 1

“I do feel a real sense of urgency, I think, coming out of that meeting, my meeting Monday, the players-only meeting on Tuesday,” Sarkisian said. “I feel a sense of urgency not just even from our frontline starters, I feel it from everybody across the board, our scout team players have given us a great look this week. It’s been physical. Everybody’s pushing towards a common goal, which is playing better football, which is ultimately coming out victorious.” 

When you're coming off a 5-7 and only 2-1 on the season, you like senses of urgency to be in place before you ever kick off against Tech. Coaches, players, everyone. I mean, you only get 12 chances each season. 

Ugh.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Here is how the actual press conference went

SARK: "So yeah I do feel a sense of urgency, in fact RoJo made a point to tell me 'your next'.... I dont really know what that means at this time. I heard Pete and Jaylon Ford took a trip outside of county lines this week to work on 'execution' so when they get back I will disclose my findings. 

Reporter: It says here you listed your home on the market, can you explain the thought process behind that? 

SARK: Excuse me? I what?

*camera zooms out to show Bo Davis putting a hand firmly on Sark's shoulder. 

Bo Davis: "Thats all the time we have for questions, thank you"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

We will beat WV and then lay an egg in Dallas ... again. This program can't sustain any momentum because we have a losing culture. They beat one team they should beat, and then all of sudden they start believing "we are back" crap.

• Rage+1 1

18 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

it Is strongly implied in the statement "he wasn't a bad coach because he drank/was a drunk."  The unavoidable response to that statement is:  yes he was; particularly if he is an alcoholic.

You have created a bizarre narrative in your own brain that had nothing to do with what was written.

He wasn't a bad coach because he drank, he drank because he was a bad coach. He doesn't have the capacity to be a successful head coach in big time college football. This depressed him and caused him anxiety, so he drank. 

Then, you responded, "No one is better at anything because they drink" as if the posted statement implied he drank to be a better coach. No, he drank in the past because he sucks at being a head coach and knows he will never succeed at being a head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

How do you figure? What’s his biggest win? Texas A&M? Upsetting Indiana in a bowl game?

Name 10 coaches better than Kiffin? Saban, Swinney, and Smart are in a class of their own. There's 3. 

Then you have Fickell, Day, Riley, Harbaugh, Kelly, Whittingham, and Gundy types in the next tier. I'm not even sure all those coaches are better than Kiffin. Look up any coaching rankings and almost all of them already have Kiffin in the top 20 to top 15 and that was prior to this season. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

You have created a bizarre narrative in your own brain that had nothing to do with what was written.

He wasn't a bad coach because he drank, he drank because he was a bad coach. He doesn't have the capacity to be a successful head coach in big time college football. This depressed him and caused him anxiety, so he drank. 

Then, you responded, "No one is better at anything because they drink" as if the posted statement implied he drank to be a better coach. No, he drank in the past because he sucks at being a head coach and knows he will never succeed at being a head 

Do we have any intel on Sark's drink of choice atm?

This is going to be the final nail in the coffin. Is he a beer boy or liquor lad, because quite frankly if this is a man who pounds seltzers then he lacks the confidence and grit it takes to succeed on the 40 acres.   

23 minutes ago, Kormit The Frug said:

Do we have any intel on Sark's drink of choice atm?

This is going to be the final nail in the coffin. Is he a beer boy or liquor lad, because quite frankly if this is a man who pounds seltzers then he lacks the confidence and grit it takes to succeed on the 40 acres.   

Sark was a tequila man at USC.

7 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Name 10 coaches better than Kiffin? Saban, Swinney, and Smart are in a class of their own. There's 3. 

Then you have Fickell, Riley, Harbaugh, Kelly, Whittingham, and Gundy types in the next tier. I'm not even sure all those coaches are better than Kiffin. Look up any coaching rankings and almost all of them already have Kifin in the top 20 to top 15 and that was prior to this season.

But what has he actually won? I’m not concerned about rankings on the internet. I have eyes. What’s his biggest win? Justify Joey Freshwater’s ranking.

What Fickell has done at Cincinnati is better than anything Kiffin has ever done. Lance Leipold at Kansas was obviously a home run hire. (You left out Ryan Day.) Kiffin managed a one score win over Tom Allen’s Hoosiers. Some programs don’t have the same recruiting advantages. Does that make Kiffin the better coach? I realize it’s not a good year to be talking up the B1G West, but the job Pat Fitzgerald has done at Northwestern is pretty impressive and his name used to come up whenever NFL positions came open, and NFL teams showed interest. He might be in the twilight of his career now but do you think Kiffin could do what Fitz did? What about PJ Fleck?

What if Kiffin loses to Mark Stoops on Saturday? Kentucky is supposed to lose. It’s not easy to win at Kentucky. If I were Nebraska, I’d pick Stoops over Kiffin in a heartbeat. But seriously, what if Kiffin loses to Stoops on Saturday or ekes out a close win? Will that change your opinion? I just haven’t seen anything to make me think he’s particularly special. He has benefited from the fact that Mike Leach has a chronic inability to defeat his main rival.

21 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

But what has he actually won? I’m not concerned about rankings on the internet. I have eyes. What’s his biggest win? Justify Joey Freshwater’s ranking.

What Fickell has done at Cincinnati is better than anything Kiffin has ever done. Lance Leipold at Kansas was obviously a home run hire. (You left out Ryan Day.) Kiffin managed a one score win over Tom Allen’s Hoosiers. Some programs don’t have the same recruiting advantages. Does that make Kiffin the better coach? I realize it’s not a good year to be talking up the B1G West, but the job Pat Fitzgerald has done at Northwestern is pretty impressive and his name used to come up whenever NFL positions came open, and NFL teams showed interest. He might be in the twilight of his career now but do you think Kiffin could do what Fitz did? What about PJ Fleck?

What if Kiffin loses to Mark Stoops on Saturday? Kentucky is supposed to lose. It’s not easy to win at Kentucky. If I were Nebraska, I’d pick Stoops over Kiffin in a heartbeat. But seriously, what if Kiffin loses to Stoops on Saturday or ekes out a close win? Will that change your opinion? I just haven’t seen anything to make me think he’s particularly special. He has benefited from the fact that Mike Leach has a chronic inability to defeat his main rival.

3 ten win seasons in the last 5 years and it will probably be 4 in the last 6 after this season. Potentially 5 ten win seasons and at 3 different schools before turning 48. Kiffin has a much more impressive  coaching resume than many people realize considering his age. 

Pat Fitzgerald is 3-9, 7-2, 3-9, and now 1-3 in his last 4 seasons at Northwestern. PJ Fleck is a good coach but he's not better than Kiffin. Leipold has done good things at Kansas but he's still 43-43 as a head coach at the D1 level. Fickell is the only coach you mentioned that might be better than Kiffin and even all his success is at the G5 level. 

You act like the coaching market is full of great coaches. It isn't. Coaches like Mack Brown, James Franklin, and Kirk Ferentz are often mentioned in the top 20 coaches because there simply aren't many top level coaches. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

3 ten win seasons in the last 5 years and it will probably be 4 in the last 6 after this season. Potentially 5 ten win seasons and at 3 different schools before turning 48. Kiffin has a much more impressive  coaching resume than many people realize considering his age. 

Pat Fitzgerald is 3-9, 7-2, 3-9, and now 1-3 in his last 4 seasons at Northwestern. PJ Fleck is a good coach but he's not better than Kiffin. Leipold has done good things at Kansas but he's still 43-43 as a head coach at the D1 level. Fickell is the only coach you mentioned that might be better than Kiffin and even all his success is at the G5 level. 

You act like the coaching market is full of great coaches. It isn't. Coaches like Mack Brown, James Franklin, and Kirk Ferentz are often mentioned in the top 20 coaches because there simply aren't many top level coaches.

He also went 5-7 one year at FAU. Again, what’s his biggest win? And what if he loses or barely beats Stoops on Saturday?

Tennessee, USC, and the Raiders all happened and I have yet to see a significant win from him. And he’s a douchebag. 

5 hours ago, gmr548 said:

Because Tom Herman was desperate and mismanaged the hell out of the RB room?

I agree with your assessment of the Sark hire, even if we disagree about the prognosis for this staff. Texas obviously swung but the fences with Meyer and who knows who else. They struck out, Tom Herman was a lame duck, and they had to do something. I didn’t like the hire and would have preferred to take another flyer on an up and comer than someone we knew most likely could not do the job. But I don’t think Sark was a shiny object ala Herman or Strong.

Hoping Dave Aranda doesn’t take a top tier job in the next two or three years while the Sark experiment runs its course. I think that’s your successful P5 hire right there.

I don't actually have an "assessment" of Sarkisian.  A lot of people bring up a lot of points that are decent and negative about him, I just try to bring up a counter-narrative.  I have hopes for the guy, yet.

I maybe havent said it in the last couple of posts, but it appears that PK is a disaster of a hire, the question remaining being how poorly does it reflect on Sarkisian that he isn't gone already.  A lot of people pattern match that to Strong with Watson (I think CS' problems ran deeper than Watson, too) and Herman with Orlando, and then conclude that Sarkisian is a dead man walking.  I disagree with that analysis, but not with the conclusion that PK seems to suck.

2 hours ago, immamac said:

We about to find out who really runs the locker room. 

2 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Uh oh.

I mean, yeah, uh oh,  But these kids are fresh off last season that was heavily tainted by "the bitchass."  The bitchass seems to be mostly gone, but that doesn't mean entirely and doesn't mean no one is sensitive to it.

If the bitchass is maybe starting to fester again, seems good to nip it now rather than wait until it's gangrenous and stinkin.

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

He also went 5-7 one year at FAU. Again, what’s his biggest win? And what if he loses or barely beats Stoops on Saturday?

Tennessee, USC, and the Raiders all happened and I have yet to see a significant win from him. And he’s a douchebag. 

FAU went 3-9 in the 3 seasons prior to Kiffin. They didn't even have a winning record in the 8 seasons prior to Kiffin. Are you really trying to use FAU as an argument against Kiffin because it's a terrible one?

Kiffin turned a program that couldn't finish above .500 for nearly a decade into a double digit win team in 2 out of his 3 years at FAU. Not only was this a good coaching job it was a great coaching job. 

Tennessee, USC and the Raiders happened a decade ago. It's almost like some coaches develop and become better coaches. Kiffin has been really good at FAU and Ole Miss. Your problem is you think Kiffin is still the same coach from a decade ago when he's proven to be a much better coach at 2 different schools since USC. 

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks