ztejas sucks

ztejas

I actually think the defense will get home several times this week.  Every QB we have played this week has been fairly elusive. JT Daniels is not that.  We have been fine to good against the run. We obviously need to play much, much better on 3rd/4th down, but I think JT Daniels lack of mobility does help us in that regard.

Let's hope the offense can be more consistent in the second half, and the Ewers and Worthy are a go.

39 minutes ago, Fico said:

I actually think the defense will get home several times this week.  Every QB we have played this week has been fairly elusive. JT Daniels is not that.  We have been fine to good against the run. We obviously need to play much, much better on 3rd/4th down, but I think JT Daniels lack of mobility does help us in that regard.

Let's hope the offense can be more consistent in the second half, and the Ewers and Worthy are a go.

Unfortunately that tech QB was also not elusive, recording multiple sacks per game, until he played us.  Then suddenly he looked elusive.  JT will look like a 40yr old Mormon with a knee brace and will run 2000 yards on us.

Edited by Horn Dog
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 4

26 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Preseason Hype

if you'd asked us preseason what unit gives us the least amount of confidence we'd have probably all said the kicking game.  if you'd ask us now what units gives us the most confidence we'd probably all say the kicking game.   the offense and defense is not good.  worthy's td was the first td by a wr 4 games in?  that's ridiculous.  bjian has been on the heisman watch list two years running and sark is not using him as if he wants him to win it.  the defense played a great game against bama but then went back into hiding.   tech was 6-8 on 4th downs?   expect no team to punt on us for the rest of the season.  why not just consider you have 4 downs to make 10 yds?  we havent proven that we can stop anyone.  we put fear in no one.  we will be run roughshod over until we can make teams respect us.  until then expect to see joy and jubilation and a shitload of horns down from the other side.   

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, JFKFC said:

I had a business conversation last evening with a USC grad (he has a Masters from USC). He is a big football fan and we discussed Sark. He has been following Sark's career for a longer time than any of us. He feels a lot of people give Sark a pass on his poor performance as a head coach pre-Texas because of his alcoholism. He insists Sark wasn't a bad head coach because he drank. He drank because he is a bad head coach. I think he is likely correct.  

Depressing on every level. Picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

I had a business conversation last evening with a USC grad (he has a Masters from USC). He is a big football fan and we discussed Sark. He has been following Sark's career for a longer time than any of us. He feels a lot of people give Sark a pass on his poor performance as a head coach pre-Texas because of his alcoholism. He insists Sark wasn't a bad head coach because he drank. He drank because he is a bad head coach. I think he is likely correct.  

I didn’t drink because I was bad at my job. I drank because Kliff Kingsbury and Matt Wells were bad at their jobs.

But make no mistake. I’m horrible at my job
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, AustinHorn said:

Report on KVUE early news show this morning that Sark has listed his home for sale. 

7 hours ago, The Beast said:

Old news 

Yeah, this was noted in the long-form article on Arch Manning's recruitment/profile by the DMN or in The Athletic -- all printed pre-Tech collapse.

15 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

He's got a 4 year contract right?  No buyout in a couple of years.  Of course, next year we would need to talk extension to save recruiting.

After the West Virginia game, I think you will be able to talk more 4* and 5* recruits into fighting for Russia in Ukraine than playing ball for Sark in Austin.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, crash_davis said:

I don't understand how the fuck we can continue to lose leads. The O completely shits the bed in the 2nd half and 4Q especially fucking the D which is already barely serviceable. 

Did Sark have the same prob at Washington?

Not sure how easy this is to read. Here's Sark's quarter-by-quarter breakdown of points scored while at Washington and USC.

2120723808_ScreenShot2022-09-28at3_21_48PM.thumb.png.f30fec3452c20bff76629378e0e0a7c1.png

In further digging into Sark's 2013 season at Washington, here's what I found. Washington was 8-4 in games Sark coached. He started 4-0 over Boise State, Illinois, Idaho State and Arizona. In those four games, the Huskies won the second half 28-0, 24-21, 14-0 and 20-7. The Huskies dropped the next three to Stanford (28-31), Oregon (24-45) and Arizona State (24-53). In those three games, Sark's team bettered Stanford 21-14 in the second half but lost 24-17 in both second halves against Oregon and ASU. Stanford and Oregon were Top 5 teams at the time of their meeting. Sark and the Huskies won the next two games 41-17 over Cal and 59-7 over Colorado after 17-10 and 28-0 second-half showings. The next week, Washington lost to UCLA 41-31 in a game where they each posted 14 points in the second half. In the final two games Sark coached Washington, the Huskies outscored Oregon State 42-27 (won 69-27) and Washington State 24-7 (won 27-17) in the second half.

EDIT: The graphic is mislabeled as I didn't do Sark's Texas tenure on this sheet. (We know it's bad.)

Edited by C-Man
  • Hook 'Em 4

Jesus at least let him get his QB back. We always play close games on the road in Lubbock. First road game of the season with a young team and backup QB.

Just sit back and relax and let this thing develop. With NIL we should continue to stockpile talent going forward like we did at OL and starting QB this year. Only thing that can derail it is our own stupidity.  

• Hook 'Em 6

1 hour ago, DaysOff said:

Maybe rent for awhile just in case.

he bought it for massive airbnb profits

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Jesus at least let him get his QB back. We always play close games on the road in Lubbock. First road game of the season with a young team and backup QB.

Just sit back and relax and let this thing develop. With NIL we should continue to stockpile talent going forward like we did at OL and starting QB this year. Only thing that can derail it is our own stupidity.  

thanks Claytie

• Haha 2

We can be pretty stupid. This is our concern dude.

7 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Are You Sure About That John Cena GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JFKFC said:

The only reason sark got a pass for his coaching ability was because of his success as an OC and allegedly being a “quarterback whisperer”. His alcoholism was a convenient excuse, “he’s a great coach if he could just get sober”.  Being an alcoholic in recovery, I call bollocks. The drinking just amplifies the ineptitude. So the USC grad was correct in a way, it was a self-feeding circle, drink because he was a bad coach, then coach badly because of the drinking, repeat ad nauseam.

His rep as a partier preceded him from UW, “but he was an OC under Pete Carroll” (actually it was Norm Chow). He was Asst. HC until Freshwater got booted, and he failed upward from there.

We’ll see if sobriety will make a difference in how he deals with setbacks as a coach, but from what he’s shown so far, he’s Seven Win Steve… sorry

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, USC_TMB said:

The only reason sark got a pass for his coaching ability was because of his success as an OC and allegedly being a “quarterback whisperer”. His alcoholism was a convenient excuse, “he’s a great coach if he could just get sober”.  Being an alcoholic in recovery, I call bollocks. The drinking just amplifies the ineptitude. So the USC grad was correct in a way, it was a self-feeding circle, drink because he was a bad coach, then coach badly because of the drinking, repeat ad nauseam.

His rep as a partier preceded him from UW, “but he was an OC under Pete Carroll” (actually it was Norm Chow). He was Asst. HC until Freshwater got booted, and he failed upward from there.

We’ll see if sobriety will make a difference in how he deals with setbacks as a coach, but from what he’s shown so far, he’s Seven Win Steve… sorry

Honestly, I’m worried about him becoming Five Win Steve. 

• Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, 6th Street said:

Sark was signed for 6 years, $34M. Donors would be on the hook for $17M after paying Herman $15M to go away just a few years prior otherwise risk going into the SEC with Sark. 

The football program generates like $150M yearly in revenue. Surely they can find $17M to improve the product on the field and go find a coach that actually has a decent resume. But then again they've already shown their incompetence at coaching hires 3 times. I got to the age where I started legitimately having an interest in football right around 2012 and only have vague memories of the dominance of the 2000s. I'm legitimately convinced at this point that I will never in my life see this program be successful.

• Rage+1 2

32 minutes ago, Wizlon said:

The football program generates like $150M yearly in revenue. Surely they can find $17M to improve the product on the field and go find a coach that actually has a decent resume. But then again they've already shown their incompetence at coaching hires 3 times. I got to the age where I started legitimately having an interest in football right around 2012 and only have vague memories of the dominance of the 2000s. I'm legitimately convinced at this point that I will never in my life see this program be successful.

That's the problem.  We won't do an actual Coach search.  There will be a hot name that everyone just falls in love with (Herman).  We overlook any bad tendencies because we are in love.  Gotta get him before anyone else does.  I've said it before, if a guy can coach at the D2 level, he can coach at the D1 level.  Coaching is coaching.  There is nothing special at Texas.  But we seem to have all these high qualifications.  That really hasn't worked out.  I would look for a coach that seems to do more with less and demands strong fundamentals.  Blocking, tackling, and ball control still wins games.  No matter how unsexy it may be. And also a coach that will adapt to the personnel. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, JFKFC said:

He insists Sark wasn't a bad head coach because he drank. He drank because he is a bad head coach.

To an alcoholic, this is a galactically stupid statement.

No one is better at anything because they drink, except being a drunk and whatever that entails (better speech slurrer?  better pukenrallier?).  Certainly not if they are an alcoholic drinker.

Alcoholics drink because they are alcoholics.  The reason they are alcoholics is complex, but it is almost never because of a job or peformance on a job.

The statement is somewhat tongue in cheek and may be true insofar as Sarkisian being a bad coach drunk or sober.  But I guarantee that he is a better coach sober than drunk, and better able to use whatever positiive qualities he has as a coach (OC? playcaller? QB coach) sober than drunk.  And a much better likelihood of rounding into a good head coach sober.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 3

If we come out and rebound impressively against wv then I’ll feel like the wheels won’t come off. If we struggle at home then this might turn out to a worse season than last. 

I agree. I heard some talking heads say that is it a must win game. At first, I scoffed at the notion. However, the more I think about what could happen, I am now starting to agree.
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Hermanator said:

I agree. There's nothing we can do at this point other than sit back and see what happens. Sark Isn't getting let go during the season. I doubt there's anything that can happen this season, short of having a worse record and Arch bailing that would get him fired before Season 3. I think Ewers will make a lot of this go away. Sark has always had a good handle on offense and seems to always do well with QB's. He's helped flip recruiting on the O-line, which was sorely needed. Fix the defense and we should be in good shape. I don't think PK is the guy to do it.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/26/2022 at 10:01 AM, Sir Ulrich said:

This was a bad loss and Sark had his hand in it but Tennessee/Florida is a good example of how the game would have gone with an elite QB. Florida ran about 100 plays like Tech did and converted on 5-6 of their 4th downs but the difference was having Hendon Hooker to convert 6-9 3rd downs compared to Card only converting 3-9. As good as he played up to the 4th quarter, Quinn only needs to be enough of an upgrade, which he is, to convert 1 more 3rd down and we win that game and probably win going away. With Quinn we are 6-11 (2-3 vs Bama) so far this year on 3rd and 4th down with a few of those 3rd downs being Bijan runs because Sark know he can trust Quinn on 4th. 

I thought this was true after the Bama game but after the Tech game I am fairly certain Sark can still lose double digit second half leads even with Quinn. Hell he has done it for a year and a half with Bijan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

Just wasting time  we really should have cut the loser loose the moment he didn’t fire PK  allowed Kansas to snap a 56 game conference road losing streak with a backup QB. 

I didnt really expect us to fire the bum, but it told me all I needed to know about this shitty ass coaching staff. A competent staff does not lose that game. They just dont

• Hook 'Em 1

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks