ztejas sucks

ztejas

On 9/24/2022 at 6:20 PM, ztejas said:

I don't give a shit. Permaban me. 

That's the most unacceptable fucking loss I've ever fucking seen from this football team.

Find the right guy. I don't know who it is but it isn't this chode. Losing the fanbase 4 fucking games into your 2nd season has to be some sort of record. 

That's the most embarrassing fucking loss I've ever seen in my God damn life. 

Most unacceptable? What, are you eight years old? Did you miss OU and Kansas last year? Rout 66?

Is the tantrum helping you?

I agree with the title of your thread. Questions need to raised. The DC needs to be shitcanned. For what it's worth, I've not given up on this season. Sorry, I guess.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

This was a bad loss and Sark had his hand in it but Tennessee/Florida is a good example of how the game would have gone with an elite QB. Florida ran about 100 plays like Tech did and converted on 5-6 of their 4th downs but the difference was having Hendon Hooker to convert 6-9 3rd downs compared to Card only converting 3-9. As good as he played up to the 4th quarter, Quinn only needs to be enough of an upgrade, which he is, to convert 1 more 3rd down and we win that game and probably win going away. With Quinn we are 6-11 (2-3 vs Bama) so far this year on 3rd and 4th down with a few of those 3rd downs being Bijan runs because Sark know he can trust Quinn on 4th. 

• Hook 'Em 2

59 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I think Saban’s greatest quality is his ability to create an edge and have his team/staff mentally prepared every week. 

It can’t be easy. Bama has been a dynasty team and everyone expects them to win 98% of the time. I think the reason they are so great is Saban still tries to create chip and build urgency/intensity all week. You can tell how much the praise infuriates him. Rat poison. He’s doing everything he can to get rid of it. 

Too bad Sark didn’t absorb that quality  from Nick. 

Meanwhile the Tech coach is literally telling his players "everything runs through Lubbock". I'm sure that won't bite him in the ass.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dignan said:

Positive thought: I thought we would go 9-3 at BEST this year. We can still do that. Heh. 

Negative: I didn't think we would be 2-2 after four games this season. 

The Tech game: What an effort by their offense. I have NEVER seen a team go up tempo the entire game. That was the difference in my opinion. They controlled the time of possession and ran about 1,000 more plays than we did. That usually matters. 

I have not given up hope...our best player (other than Bijan) hasn't really played much and is coming back soon. 

I agree. Before the season i knew we were going to be young and have growing pains so I had us also 9-3 but I didn’t know where the other two losses would come from other than Bama,  Maybe OKST and Baylor, but not Tech. 

But like you said we still can achieve that goal but we have to get better fast. 

P.S like many others I did drink the koolaid after Bama and say 11-1 or bust. Smh idk why I set myself up like that. It’s my fault

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Right.  You're agreeing with me.  

I think that was part of the reason why he was considering us in the first place.  He's not really a southern guy.

We agree with the general consensus on these things.

Saban and Belichick are both from West Virginia. Virginia is Southern, West Virginia is not Western, not Eastern, not Northern. I don't know what the fuck it is, but yes, it's not Southern.

Just now, Tex Long said:

We agree with the general consensus on these things.

Saban and Belichick are both from West Virginia. Virginia is Southern, West Virginia is not Western, not Eastern, not Northern. I don't know what the fuck it is, but yes, it's not Southern.

There's definitely some southern qualities about WVA imo.  But, just because you're from somewhere doesn't mean you can't change or evolve.

1 hour ago, Cajun said:

He did not beat Alabama.  He almost beat them.

Fuck off with that bullshit and don't give me refs.

It shows where we are.  Very telling.

Reffing absolutely matters.  We beat Bama with solid reffing by 2+ TDs   (both their long TDs were on massive holds, they saved a TD with an endzone DPI, and of course the Bryce was down by contact 2x before he threw the ball - safety, and the multiple facemasks not called which should have extended drives.

• Hook 'Em 2

After Bama I predicted 2 more losses. We would go 2-1 between 0u, OSU and Baylor. And somewhere down the line a WTF game(probably KState). I just didn't expect it to happen this soon.

So all of my goals are there for the taking. We can still beat 0u and get a spot in the CC game. So it's really not that bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

After Bama I predicted 2 more losses. We would go 2-1 between 0u, OSU and Baylor. And somewhere down the line a WTF game(probably KState). I just didn't expect it to happen this soon.

So all of my goals are there for the taking. We can still beat 0u and get a spot in the CC game. So it's really not that bad.

Hoping Quinn returns this week.. This team on offense plays much different with him leading the it. 

22 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

He was a high school coach for 20 years before becoming a position coach at Baylor around ‘17 or ‘18, can’t remember. 4 games in and he’s already pantsing Sark. Fucking embarrassing. 

yeah we need to hire an ex high school coach next.. i'm in.

Edited by Thiefery

I was hoping for a 9-3 season but expecting an 8-4 season. I don't see a path to 9-3 & 8-4 looks like a complete long shot at the moment. QE coming back will help, but I don't see us taking 3 of 4 from OU, @OSU, @KSU, & BU. Additionally, KU looks orders of magnitude better than last year when they beat us & there's all sorts of potential for a WVU/ISU/TCU WTF loss. As always, we'll see how we're feeling after OU, but right now it's gone from potential Big 12 dark horse to maybe we'll finish above .500 on the season.

33 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Reffing absolutely matters.  We beat Bama with solid reffing by 2+ TDs   (both their long TDs were on massive holds, they saved a TD with an endzone DPI, and of course the Bryce was down by contact 2x before he threw the ball - safety, and the multiple facemasks not called which should have extended drives.

Take it to texags

The "we didn't lose, we just ran outta time" mindset matters too.  Much more in the long run, actually, and it's a factor that is 100% controllable, unlike the refs.

Edited by Cajun

56 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

He does, indeed. Which does not mean he can pee on their heads from his high perch. You don't hear him on TV saying "AFLAC! Fuck the fans."

I'm not sure where I said you did hear that?  Refresh my memory.

Btw, he doesn't do it in commercials or in front of cameras, but he sure as shit does in restaurants from what I saw.  

He and his State Troopers were NOT to be approached or spoken to without invitation.  At best you would be embarrassed beyond recovery in front of many people and at worst the troopers would take you out back of Ralph and Kakoo's for a little "talk".

Edited by Cajun

When you run the wildcat with card standing out there you are playing 9 against 11. This only can work if you have a dominating oline.

We do not. It is always going to fail.

Has RoJo EVER thrown in out of the wildcat? Card played WR in HS and RoJo played QB. Sark is 0-3 every time he calls the wildcat because:
1. He called the wildcat
2. He has zero confidence in RoJo throwing the ball.
3. He has zero confidence in Card catching the ball and not getting injured.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

Has RoJo EVER thrown in out of the wildcat? Card played WR in HS and RoJo played QB. Sark is 0-3 every time he calls the wildcat because:
1. He called the wildcat

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

It really shouldn't be a big surprise with what happened Saturday.

The OL is not there yet.  Ewers didn't make it six quarters behind that line before he was knocked out, Card is harassed every time he drops back and half the time the RB was met in the backfield after taking a handoff.  In the 2nd half Tech showed four man, five man and six man fronts and the OL fell apart.  That hit on Bijan in OT looked like Captain Insano doing a pile driver.

Same with the DL.  There is no Brian Orakpo/Shawn Rogers/Casey Hampton/Tony Brackens talent on campus right now.  They are improved, I was impressed at times with the DT play in the interior but they rarely pressure the QB with a four man rush (zero pressure with three man rush as we all know).  When we blitz they whiff on the tackle half the time when they over run the QB or he puts a little move on them. 

Texas doesn't have the talent ready to win the line of scrimmage on either side of the ball and the old saying goes the games are won in the trenches.  Maybe they did against ULM but they will struggle in conference.  The equalizer is Texas has skill players at RB & WR, and maybe TE & QB.

Every game with be a 50/50 coin toss so if you are going to start crying and throwing tantrums every time Texas loses maybe you should find something else to do during games.

*Statistics show TT beats Texas every 4.5 years and Texas had won the last four games, even the last two in Lubbock, so Tech was due.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

A high school coach coached circles around him, so smoke em’ if you got em’ boys because we’re fucked. 

The high school coach angle is being overplayed here. Most successful college/pro coaches most likely coached high school at some point. 

1 hour ago, Blackcat00 said:

I’m more convinced Bama played their worst game against us in a decade. 

Bama isn't the same on the road. They had close games against bad Florida and Auburn teams last year. Florida came out of their loss to Bama thinking it was a good sign for the rest of the season.

2 hours ago, ALexusTexus7 said:

1. He called the wildcat

All Sark is doing with that wildcat is making it 10 against 11. Rojo isn’t going to throw and putting Card wide just means nobody has to even be concerned about him. Unless we are playing some 3D chess and rojo throws it to the QB against OU, the wildcat is useless. And if we are running the wildcat when Ewers is playing QB, Sark should be fired on 4th down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/24/2022 at 7:32 PM, Ghost of Shag said:

Worthy is a pussy and a diva.

Love all you bitches who negged me for this.

Color me SHOCKED that his x-rays were negative. We saw him multiple times looking down at his leg and having discussions on the sideline about it…and then he would go back out on the field and blow right past his man…

We lost Worthy and our offense went to shit blah blah blah…

The offense was shit when he was in. Shut the fuck up. Catch the fucking ball.  Help out your team.

Here’s some Vagisil.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, elguapo said:

Holy shit, tech had 9 defenders in box. And that's not even counting the shallow safety, which essentially means they had TEN of eleven defenders loading the box.

And Sark the "offensive genius" couldn't ascertain that you shouldn't run the football when the entire team's defense is inside the box?

Someone. Anyone. Everyone.....Please tell me when this offense has had any semblance of consistency with Card at the helm? 

There have been two other QBs under center for Sark, and at times both those other QBs made this offense look legit. 

Edited by Thatguy

4 hours ago, elguapo said:

That is really damning. I don't know what genetic defect lies in coaches where when faced by fourth and short they feel compelled to go back to 1904 and just line up in a manhood test. Mack would do it. Herman would do it.

Sure, if you get that yard everytime, do it. When you don't don't.

We had some success springing it on defenses out of nowhere and may again. Nobody is surprised on third or fourth and short. The above is a touchdown play begging to happen if you toss it to Card.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

Someone. Anyone. Everyone.....Please tell me when this offense has had any semblance of consistency with Card at the helm? 

There have been two other QBs under center for Sark, and at times both those other QBs made this offense look legit. 

The first half against Tech, when Worthy was still in the game. Scored on 4 of 5 drives and put up 24 points. 

On 9/25/2022 at 8:23 AM, longhornmatt said:

Even though Sark’s offense is more complex (or at least requires more reads by the QB on a lot of plays), he’s basically like Art Briles.  They both differentiate themselves by being more aggressive in the passing game than most coaches.  When they throw, they throw a lot of haymakers intended to score TDs.  Run it and throw play action going deep. 

When they have the clear talent advantage, that means they score 70 when other coaches would score 40.  It would be a win either way, so in a sense it doesn’t matter, but they go “all gas no breaks”.

But when they don’t have the clear talent advantage, or for whatever reason they can’t execute their normal offense (like, oh I don’t know, having Hudson Card at QB who can’t complete any deep passes unless it’s a busted coverage, or the defense adjusting to take away what they want) then there really aren’t any other tricks up their sleeve. They just keep running their stuff.  

Briles was actually better at building in the option and natural counters in his offense, but he would still do dumb shit like handing off on 3rd and 12 because “that’s what you do in our system against a light box.”  After his opening script, Sark just gets pigeonholed into his patterns.  Run up the middle and play action go deep as the base offense.  Screen pass is going to the TE when we want a conservative safe throw, like when we’re behind the chains (side note: why keep throwing this to Sanders instead of RB screens when Bijan and Roschon would do a lot more after the catch?).  Short yardage and obvious run situations are wildcat, except it’s the same wildcat play every time without a counter.

There is a surprising lack of flexibility and ability/willingness to adjust and counter the opponent from Sark.  I would expect such a renowned offensive football mind to have earned that renown for more than just refusing to stop throwing deep balls on overmatched opponents.  Of course, he didn’t exactly tear it up in the NFL, or even in college when he wasn’t OC for stacked Carroll and Saban teams, so I guess it’s not that surprising. 

I find your ideas fascinating and would like to subscribe to your news letter

34 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

That is really damning. I don't know what genetic defect lies in coaches where when faced by fourth and short they feel compelled to go back to 1904 and just line up in a manhood test. Mack would do it. Herman would do it.

We had some success springing it on defenses out of nowhere and may again. Nobody is surprised on third or fourth and short. The above is a touchdown play begging to happen if you toss it to Card.

That's what I was saying yesterday. #24 is crashing the pile at the snap. All Card has to do is start working down the field and have RoJo casually lob the ball to him and it's a 30-yard gainer at a minimum if not housed.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Cajun said:

Take it to texags

The "we didn't lose, we just ran outta time" mindset matters too.  Much more in the long run, actually, and it's a factor that is 100% controllable, unlike the refs.

Oh fuck off grandpa.  Go back to your retirement home and eat some jello.   You couldn't argue the point, so you pivoted to some folksy bullshit.  Yeah, I know bitching about it here doesn't matter.  But bitching about losses of rigged games is dumb as hell.  

• Fuck You 1

On 9/24/2022 at 6:32 PM, Ghost of Shag said:

Worthy is a pussy and a diva.

We have resolved the issue with your SurlyHorns post. To help us improve our user experience, please take this short survey: 

• I am very happy with how my post was resolved by the other posters. I would recommend SurlyHorns.com on Yelp  Y or N
  • The issue with my post was resolved, but the resolution took too much time Y or N
  • My post was poorly received and the issue was not resolved. I am disappointed with the responses from the other posters Y or N 

Thank you. 

Your SurlyHorns Conflict Resolution team 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

We're so mediocre that's it's being reduced to a.) not being able to wait until some other team puts Tech, or anyone else we lose to, in its place or b.) whining about how badly we would have beaten Alabama if those damned refs had not hated us so much. 

12 years (plus) of mediocrity drives some to such mind-numbing nonsense where we have to rely on other teams to help generate some satisfaction or blaming officials which is just as comical.

Teams that are well coached and execute simply chuckle at shit like the above. Unfortunately, we're nowhere near either zip code. Sucks, but it's true. 

6 hours ago, elguapo said:

5 hours ago, Horn Dog said:

Why is Card just standing there like an idiot?   Should he run a little bit to at least get #24 out of tackling range?   Is Sark allergic to even the slightest bit of deception?

2 hours ago, Otter said:

Holy shit, tech had 9 defenders in box. And that's not even counting the shallow safety, which essentially means they had TEN of eleven defenders loading the box.

And Sark the "offensive genius" couldn't ascertain that you shouldn't run the football when the entire team's defense is inside the box?

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The whole point of the wildcat is to pop runs against heavy boxes by leaving players unblocked so that the O-linemen that would otherwise be responsible for them can immediately go to the second level. Then you base your handoff on what that defender is committing to. However, if your linemen aren't blocking effectively then it is all for not. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

The first half against Tech, when Worthy was still in the game. Scored on 4 of 5 drives and put up 24 points. 

Those were busted plays for the most part, which is why as soon as they adjusted our offense went in the tank.  Card has never looked effective running this offense. I have a theory about that with what Lake Travis runs on offense and the amount of reads. 

• ztejas changed the title to ztejas sucks